babboo

Jun 12, 2018
I'm not sure if I am doing something wrong, I am stuck at 25 corruption. I am specifically struggling to make progress on Jana and Celine. Neither one can be convinced to be annointed and my investigation seems to be at a standstill. I keep trying to uncover more information/clues by going to the confessional and trying to talk to all of the monks every day, but nothing is coming up.

rahrahrah999

Jun 11, 2017
Is there is list of the real names of the actresses anywhere? Trying to figure out who plays Emma at the stables

buxoi1983

Feb 17, 2021
Help, how to make progress with Celine?
,, Novice Celine assured you that she no longer feels the urge to pleasure herself, proving she doesn't have any sins of fornication that need to be cleansed. You don't know if you trust her. You will have to keep checking up on her. ,,

Reactions: krams_alfa

friggox

Aug 20, 2019
Adore the writing! I'm laughing out loud going inside the mind of a corrupted evil fighting christian. Keep up the good work!

Reactions: Alcahest

Tromilka

Sep 11, 2020
If you absolutely cannot handle it, you can go into /media/misc and delete the dream*.mp4 files. They're just short video clips of a spooky "crone" (except the last one, which has the crone fisting a nun).

Oct 12, 2022
Maybe it's because I didn't go to Catholic school but I don't get the point system at all. I guess it's intentionally complex but seems pretty convoluted. Love the interface but not really feeling a motivation to try and move forward since whatever I do or wherever I go during the day corruption never changes and stats just reset to 0. <shrug>

Reactions: Druzaria
Nov 15, 2021
Maybe it's because I didn't go to Catholic school but I don't get the point system at all. I guess it's intentionally complex but seems pretty convoluted. Love the interface but not really feeling a motivation to try and move forward since whatever I do or wherever I go during the day corruption never changes and stats just reset to 0. <shrug>
It takes a little experimenting to figure it out. You're basically trying to build tension through the day without going over the threshold. You need enough lust to be able to perform certain actions but too much and you have to flagellate and lose it.

Reactions: pablito69dude

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
It's very simple actually. Check out Journal->Help->Quick guide on how to progress in the game. You can not increase corruption often and in the first few weeks it also relies on some scripted events to get things started.

drfronkonstinmd

Game Developer
Apr 1, 2020
Usually I'm not a big fan of real action and html games. With real models, you're normally forced to use what's available online unless you go into heavy photoshopping. Devs end up adding whatever the model has done in order to include more content and even change the story to accomodate a certain photoshoot or video. With HTML it's just a matter of tastes. I simply tend to prefer RenPy for this kind of games.

But The Monastery is different. It has the same issues as the rest of the games made with real models, but the story and the narration is SO good and so immersive, I just forget about everything else and enjoy the ride.

Thank you so much for all the effort you put into this game. You've created something truly special.

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
The result of the pregnancy poll on my Patreon shows that about 70% like pregnancy, 20% don't like it, and the rest have no strong feelings either way. This is what I wrote about the result of the poll on Patreon:

The result of the pregnancy poll shows many of you like it, so I will take that into account when the time comes, while making it optional for those who don't like it. The choice to either enable or disable pregnancy will come already in v0.4, as a lot of the story part of v0.4 will revolve around this issue (whether you opt in to pregnancy or not), as part of the continuation of the "Spreading the seed" quest that started in v0.3.

Note that while you will make the choice of enabling or disabling pregnancy in v0.4, actual (visible) pregnancy content will not come in v0.4 and it may be a long time before it happens, depending on how I decide to move things forward in the story time-wise, trying to keep it at least somewhat realistic.

Also, if you opt out on pregnancy, don't feel like you're missing out on a huge part of the future game experience. Due to the limitations of nun pregnancy "source material", I never planned on making it a big thing.

Last edited:

Aryan1995

Aug 18, 2019
The result of the pregnancy poll on my Patreon shows that about 70% like pregnancy, 20% don't like it, and the rest have no strong feelings either way. This is what I wrote about the result of the poll on Patreon:

The result of the pregnancy poll shows many of you like it, so I will take that into account when the time comes, while making it optional for those who don't like it. The choice to either enable or disable pregnancy will come already in v0.4, as a lot of the story part of v0.4 will revolve around this issue (whether you opt in to pregnancy or not), as part of the continuation of the "Spreading the seed" quest that started in v0.3.

Note that while you will make the choice of enabling or disabling pregnancy in v0.4, actual pregnancy content will not come in v0.4 and it may be a long time before it happens, depending on how I decide to move things forward in the story time-wise, trying to keep it at least somewhat realistic.

Also, if you opt out on pregnancy, don't feel like you're missing out on a huge part of the future game experience. Due to the limitations of nun pregnancy "source material", I never planned on making it a big thing.
Do you have set date for when you are going to release the next version?

4.50 star(s) 57 Votes