Nolunch

Nov 5, 2017
Running into a slight bug starting a new game on the newest version. If you hold the spacebar down to skip the beginning section the black door doesn't appear for the part on the first morning when you're forced to enter it and can't continue.

It does appear if you click through the opening scenes normally.

Investigating a bit more, it seems like it happens when you specifically hold spacebar during the first autosave.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Alcahest

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
Running into a slight bug starting a new game on the newest version. If you hold the spacebar down to skip the beginning section the black door doesn't appear for the part on the first morning when you're forced to enter it and can't continue.

It does appear if you click through the opening scenes normally.

Investigating a bit more, it seems like it happens when you specifically hold spacebar during the first autosave.
Thank you. It was indeed related to the autosaving. I made some changes to the autosaving in v0.8 which caused the bug.

Reactions: deardemise

Aiden

Oct 1, 2016
Hey, i'd like to try the game but i see the tag horror, do i expect jumpscares or horror themes ? not a fan of jumpscare

Thanks !

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
Hey, i'd like to try the game but i see the tag horror, do i expect jumpscares or horror themes ? not a fan of jumpscare

Thanks !
There are a few jumpscares in the game, yes. Except for that, the horror is more subtle. It's a mystery game more than a horror game.

Gandalf78

Jan 31, 2018
You didn't do anything, it's a bug in the game somewhere. I will make a fix in the game and everyone with the wrong number of points will get the correct points when they play the next update.
Can I use my old Saves from Version 0.7.1.1 ?

KingAgamemnon

Aug 7, 2022
I've noticed in the past few updates that if you are too quick to change the scene (a la using the spacebar), sometimes the bottom part of the pop-up (which usually houses the option buttons), sticks around and the new pop-up is layered on top of it.

4.50 star(s) 57 Votes