VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Mysterious Island [0.4.0b] [Abere Lucifer]

2.00 star(s) 3 Votes
May 26, 2018
Just out of curiosity, do you EVER plan to say something nice about a game developer, or should we consider you unpleasable?
Hmmm, Killer7 is an excellent game developer, so are the developers of Harem Hotel and MidLife Crisis. I say plenty good about developers. Unfortunately, there are not that many good ones (at least from what I have seen, or others have seen) so it is unfortunate that the majority of my comments are negative and directed to those developers like Slonique, Icstor, and the like. If he wants "good vibe" comments then he should make sure he earns them.

Reactions: hentai charley

Maltezor

Nov 15, 2017
Are we seriously debating the choice of an author to abandon/put on hold a game that is not that much interesting to people (no patreon subscription and lost a poll against his other work with a big margin)?

christof rauch i don't understand the intention behind your post, you are stating that you are not gonna help the author with money and saying that he lost you while you didn't give him a cent to his actual work. i mean you have every right to not help him, but he can't lose what he doesn't have.

Reactions: $@~
May 26, 2018
Are we seriously debating the choice of an author to abandon/put on hold a game that is not that much interesting to people (no patreon subscription and lost a poll against his other work with a big margin)?

christof rauch i don't understand the intention behind your post, you are stating that you are not gonna help the author with money and saying that he lost you while you didn't give him a cent to his actual work. i mean you have every right to not help him, but he can't lose what he doesn't have.
Actually, he lost more than me. And getting a reputation like INCSTOR or SLONIQUE is going to hurt him more than anything I could say. Both Incstor AND Slonique are and were VERY well known to put out shit games, incomplete games, or quickly put together games, and then expect everyone to support such substandard work and piss-poor development.

As for your comment, I hope this answers you. I NEVER just support someone blindly at first glance at their game. And when they whine and cry over people not supporting a substandard game - and then deciding to abandon it over that crying and whining, that just tells me all they are looking for is a free fucking paycheck.

Why should I give them one when the game they are so desperate to have people pay for is STILL not even really remotely playable? Let's see: Oh, you begin ina classroom with minimal students. then you tutor then, or go to another "class", then you go to a dormatory where very little if anything happens (all of this only during the weekdays). On weekends, when you go to the dorm, you are presented with the info that it is a place-holder for scenes that will be put in at the "next update". This, of course never happens. So, substandard work, piss poor implementation, and lack of ever really advancing the game (not to mention the constant re-configuring and removal of key hints and progress indications) means that a game with great potential was ruined and trashed over "oh waaa, nobody is supporting my game, I think I'll abandon it and start 2 or 3 new games" Why the fuck would I EVER support someone like that?

Ticus

Mar 31, 2020
He aint the worst but he still is preatty bad making promises and even afyer a year saying that his new update will come out soon lol and after his last post he hasnt said a single thing because he doesnt know what to say lol

May 26, 2018
He aint the worst but he still is preatty bad making promises and even afyer a year saying that his new update will come out soon lol and after his last post he hasnt said a single thing because he doesnt know what to say lol
I don't even bother with those types. Doc5252 may at least be worth "saving" since he HAS at least responded.

Khaitoh

Feb 28, 2018
I get what your saying but as others and the Dev already said, it is up to them if they wanted to continue this since it wasn't raking money in well.
Unless it was something that actually makes him profit and then suddenly dropping it, I'd sympathize with you more but it isn't.

Don't get me wrong, I also didn't like what he did that's why I never played any of his new projects. I never really paid for anything to play this so I can't really complain with Dev's decision so that's the only way I could "get even".

Hell Razor

Sep 17, 2021
TBH I'm surprised. Your other games now are good, but the fact you abandoned a game would normally be a BIG red flag. You're getting 23S pretty far along now. Just don't do that again. Hope the other 2 are doing good, despite assholes at Patreon not allowing.

Abere Lucifer Productions

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
May 31, 2017
eat26.png
Brenda.png
Maybe to get my Patreon page back up and running. No incest and no lolis. It would be allowed. I would only work on it in my downtime and updates would be less frequent as my other games.

Wisblade

Jul 2, 2019
Maybe to get my Patreon page back up and running. No incest and no lolis. It would be allowed. I would only work on it in my downtime and updates would be less frequent as my other games.
Would be nice to not drop this one... I like your other two games, but seriously, this one seems very interesting and I would love to see its ending. I always like this kind of rendering and isekai (or isekai-like) universes.

On a side note, I always think that it's bad to drop out something... It's bad for self-esteem (nobody likes to fail something, even if it's non-critical), and it's bad for reputation (people will always throw it to your face as "being untrustful", whatever reason you can give). Personal opinion, I can't force you to adopt it, but growing old, I'm more and more sticking with this behavior...

Abere Lucifer Productions

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
May 31, 2017
Would be nice to not drop this one... I like your other two games, but seriously, this one seems very interesting and I would love to see its ending. I always like this kind of rendering and isekai (or isekai-like) universes.

On a side note, I always think that it's bad to drop out something... It's bad for self-esteem (nobody likes to fail something, even if it's non-critical), and it's bad for reputation (people will always throw it to your face as "being untrustful", whatever reason you can give). Personal opinion, I can't force you to adopt it, but growing old, I'm more and more sticking with this behavior...
Technically this game wasn't "Abandoned." I put it "On Hold", but F95 put the tag on it.

2.00 star(s) 3 Votes