VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Mysterious Island [0.4.0b] [Abere Lucifer]

2.00 star(s) 3 Votes
May 26, 2018
just curious .. how many games have you produced ... and whats the names .. i would like to know so i can try them out
To answer your question, I worked as a reviewer with Illusion Software, and a Quality Control evaluator with JAST Software. I - personally - have never developed a game, however I HAVE worked with both new and experienced developers in ensuring quality games and products. I also worked with several Japanese Developers in the industry in Japan. So, while I have no personal experience in actual coding, rendering, or developement (actual hands-on), I have had several years (10 plus) in working with developers to advise on certain quality control and reviews of those games.

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
To answer your question, I worked as a reviewer with Illusion Software, and a Quality Control evaluator with JAST Software. I - personally - have never developed a game, however I HAVE worked with both new and experienced developers in ensuring quality games and products. I also worked with several Japanese Developers in the industry in Japan. So, while I have no personal experience in actual coding, rendering, or developement (actual hands-on), I have had several years (10 plus) in working with developers to advise on certain quality control and reviews of those games.
thanks i was just curious ,,, you made it sound like you knew alot about making games and i thought hmm i wonder what this Dev. made :)

May 26, 2018
thanks i was just curious ,,, you made it sound like you knew alot about making games and i thought hmm i wonder what this Dev. made :)
LOL, no. Not a Game Developer - as such - just a reviewer and Quality Control person. :) But with extensive experience in Game Quality Control, and reviewing for company/corporate bigwigs. :D

Reactions: ImperialD
May 26, 2018
Just out of curiosity, do you EVER plan to update this game, or should we consider it abandoned?

I ask since you are now working on 23 sisters, and apparently have done more for that game than this one.

May 26, 2018
Well, I guess the "ABANDONED" tag answered me question, and just proves what I warned about. Due to that, I see no reason to bother with ANY of your projects/games, now or in the future. Congratulations "Slonique the 2nd". You earned the title of scammer number 2.

• Angry
Reactions: Crimsonfiend76

Abere Lucifer Productions

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
May 31, 2017
Well, I guess the "ABANDONED" tag answered me question, and just proves what I warned about. Due to that, I see no reason to bother with ANY of your projects/games, now or in the future. Congratulations "Slonique the 2nd". You earned the title of scammer number 2.
I didn't put that there. It's not abandoned. I will get back to it.

Reactions: ImperialD
May 26, 2018
I didn't put that there. It's not abandoned. I will get back to it.
we'll see. And no, YOU didn't put it there, but in a way you did. by

1) Starting a new project, then another new project (23 Sisters, and now Daddy's Little Girls)

2) Ignoring THIS project to the point it had to be listed as Abandoned

3) Ignoring people on this thread to the point that you are either NOT getting additional supporters for ANY of your games, or loosing them to MUCH more reliable developers, and

4) basically trying to grab money for so little work without FIRST establishing a reputation as either a good - or reliable - developer.

No, you did not put the "abandoned" tag on this game, but your actions DID. I tried to warn you, too, but you ignored that as well.

As far as the "Slonique the 2nd", you earned that by ONLY focusing on making money with little work, and the comment about rebooting in DAZ3D(which means it is going to take a LONG TIME before you get it back to it's current level. That was a classic "Slonique move" to scam people out of more money for little progress or actually working on a game.

Reactions: Bryon Smothers

Abere Lucifer Productions

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
May 31, 2017
I have great fans for 23 Sisters and DLG. Ever since those games have done well, people have been complaining about how I never work on The Mysterious Island. The four updates I did for TMI had reactions from no one! Not one person became a patron on Patreon, except my brother. He did it because we're related. No one gave a damn about TMI! Now all of a sudden people are upset that I never finished it. Making games takes money, time and a lot of work. I wasn't gonna spend my time on a game that was going nowhere. If you think otherwise, maybe you should have opened your wallet and told me. You didn't though. Now that I am successful all you want to do is complain. If you miss it so bad, why don't you make your own game and continue the story. I won't care. Like I said a million times "I will get back to it!" It may be a while, because I'm working on two other games that are successful. When I finish 23 Sister and if there's enough interest I will go back to TMI. If not, well it will stay "Abandoned." It's all up to you guys. I give these games away for free to everyone. You have nothing to complain about. Bunch of fucking crybaby trolls who want everything for free. If you want your opinion on my games to be heard, than a bunch of you should subscribe to me on SS. If not shut-up! Whiny brats. You're like a bunch of two year olds.

May 26, 2018
I have great fans for 23 Sisters and DLG. Ever since those games have done well, people have been complaining about how I never work on The Mysterious Island. The four updates I did for TMI had reactions from no one! Not one person became a patron on Patreon, except my brother. He did it because we're related. No one gave a damn about TMI! Now all of a sudden people are upset that I never finished it. Making games takes money, time and a lot of work. I wasn't gonna spend my time on a game that was going nowhere. If you think otherwise, maybe you should have opened your wallet and told me. You didn't though. Now that I am successful all you want to do is complain. If you miss it so bad, why don't you make your own game and continue the story. I won't care. Like I said a million times "I will get back to it!" It may be a while, because I'm working on two other games that are successful. When I finish 23 Sister and if there's enough interest I will go back to TMI. If not, well it will stay "Abandoned." It's all up to you guys. I give these games away for free to everyone. You have nothing to complain about. Bunch of fucking crybaby trolls who want everything for free. If you want your opinion on my games to be heard, than a bunch of you should subscribe to me on SS. If not shut-up! Whiny brats. You're like a bunch of two year olds.
You give the games away, free. Then why are you pissing and moaning about TMI not making you money? MAYBE, if you had put the same effort into it that you "oh so suddenly" put into the newer games it would have started making money! For your information, I personally did not support it because there were too many parts that were broken or not yet expanded on; 1) the Dorm on weekends, 2) the fact that it was near impossible to logically tell where or how to go in the game, the constant promises of "Will be added in the next update" and yet never was. THEN you started talking about rebooting/revamping it and adding codes for things you had to take from other codes and tweek just to make them work.

So please, don't tell us that "we did not support you" when you never made that a REQUIREMENT just to play the damned game (with all of it's incomplete content, bugs, etc.). Like I said, you are so fucking worried about screwing people out of money that you cannot finish what started out as a game with good potential without starting 2 or 3 OTHER fucking games (which even now, I admit also has good potential - at least for now). You want people to support you? Make a game WORTH playing - without so many "broken" or "til next update" (and the supposed additional continuations of stopped or blocked content due to not yet being implemented never being expanded in the promised updates).

I actually LIKED this game, and you just made sure that - personally - I'll never support you since it isn't the GAME that is important to you, but the MONEY.

At least Killer7 makes his games because he want to, and enjoys them. At least he is not worried about how much money he gets and uses that in deciding whether to abandon a game or not. HE allows people to support him or not, yet STILL makes a quality game (actually, games) and has patience for people to FIND his games, play them a while for free, and provides consistent quality updates that make people WANT to support him.

Of course, he offers his supporters insentives for supporting him, such as beta updates not available to free users, sooner updates BEFORE the free users get it, not to mention other things.

hm4steve

Oct 5, 2017
Doc5252, easy with the attitude. I enjoy your work and most of the members of this forum ARE NOT TROLLS! I feel this game has potential and love your work in general. Attacking people is not a good idea ever! I understand you need to make money to continue making these games. Every one needs to eat and pay their bills. If you don't have the time or interest to finish a game, that's fine. When you start name calling and attacking people, not a good idea. It will only backfire. Again a fan of your work and I wish you the best of luck.

2.00 star(s) 3 Votes