VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Mystery of The Crystal Mountain [v0.01] [GalDrag Production]

3.10 star(s) 7 Votes

Deleted member 770309

Jul 23, 2018
Yeah, I would have to agree with all of that. Also, some of the renders could be a bit brighter and I found the MC to be to unlikeable for my taste.
Well the oldest and the middle princess don't sound that bad. the youngest though is just a common whore so i would not even bother with her. The king is done for with her no one would want her.

DeUglyOne

Bite Me!
Donor
Sep 1, 2017
Agreed with all the above. It may not be "technically" N*R, but you've just removed the youngest princess as a potential LI for a great many of us. Unless N*R is what you were going for, you've just wasted a lot of future time and effort on her arc.

One other thing that bugs the Hell out of me: The incessant mouse clicking.
You have to click through every frame of an animation, even though you've already used timed pauses on other scenes.
I tried it to see how it would look and a (.5) inserted after every pause made the animations flow pretty well.
Another one is the constant clicking on a blank dialogue box when nothing on the screen behind it changes.
Just what is the point behind these, except to annoy everyone and wear out the switch on their mouse?
Do you have any idea what a PITA it is to change out a surface mount switch so I don't have to buy yet another mouse? With audio editing and rendering I go through enough mice as it is.

You definitely need a native English speaking proof reader. Many misspelled or outright wrong words were used and, even though it's still understandable, the dialogues just don't flow the way they should for a native English speaker.

I do wish you luck with your project, but unless a lot of changes get made it's just not worth it for me.

Last edited:

EZ8lt

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2019
Well, to summarize:

- The main menu is so-so, I'm not bothered by it but not everyone will like the sign only no explanation aspect of it.

- The basic premise needs to be fleshed out as others mentioned. You don't get to know anything about the MC, about his father, about things in general, just some vague lines.

- The plot aspect also needs this fleshing, because the plot is rather forced right now.

- Showing the youngest daughter what a whore she is wasn't a good idea, and you couldn't call that a voyeur scene either.

- The choices are so far fake as hell. The supposedly strong magician, even if only started to tap their power is overwhelmed in an instant, and yet again being forced into the situation.

- The fuck was wrong with the MC's balls? It looked so weird I just couldn't not notice it.

The game in general seems interesting as far as the idea goes, so does the vibe, but there's need to be several fine tuning if you want it to work well, not just being a so-so.

estrada777

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Mar 22, 2020
New Android port. Nothing too fancy but let me know if you have any issues.

Version: 0.01

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

This unofficial port/version is not released by the developer, download at your own risk.

(if it gives you a .zip, just rename it as .apk)

Help me pay for some storage if you want. Or don't ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sngo

May 9, 2020
Seems interesting, but the story is kind of all over the place already, the Dad just appears out of nowhere all the time, tells the MC to do whatever, without explaining fuck all, and we just have to go with it, but i guess it's for the sake of the plot.
And it's not clear at the moment, but if the princesses are to be our main LI in this game, things are looking dire for our MC, the eldest one is a warrior who spends all day training and doesn't seem to care for anything else, the middle one is the same, but she's a bookworm instead of a warrior, and don't get me started with the youngest, the King says she barely spends time in the castle, and going by what we have seen so far, she spends her time in the streets man hunting like some common whore, the entire kingdom must be familiar with her behavior at this point, i guess i can see why the King is having problems marrying them.
Ty for the review, seems it didn't start well painting the younger princess as a slut and the NTR vibes that comes a long with it.

And looking now to the previews yeah its burying the game for me .

Seems that I will skip this game.

Anyway gl with the game.

fromabove

Jul 2, 2020
Good luck with your game, GalDrag it looks both interesting and well made. My only advice to you, judging by the screenshots shared, is to denoise all your renders. If you have an nvidia GPU, you can use this.

I'll be keeping an eye on it!

Rinbael

Sep 7, 2018
The story is interesting and unique but kind of thin and could do to be fleshed out more like other people have said. The game was sheer torture to play through because of having to constantly click through a blank dialogue box and got on my fucking nerves along with having to click though each animation there is way to much clicking.

The grammar isn't horrible and I've seen worse but it sounds really odd and you could benefit from a native English speaking proof reader to tidy it up.

There was also barely any choices and the few that are there do nothing but it's only a prologue so hopefully it gets better.

I don't know if it deserves a certain three letter tag but to clarify for other people curious. One of the Love interests fucks a random servant guy and supposedly has a reputation for doing so. It happens before she has even met the MC or knows of his existence so it's up to you to decide if it deserves a certain tag since I don't see the mods doing so.

I get the feeling the Dev fell into the same trap most new developers do and thought the game needed more sex scenes in it so he added that scene with the youngest daughter not expecting the reaction some players would have to it. If you can choose to have nothing to do with her and ignore her I don't really give a shit since the oldest daughter is way more interesting to me anyway.

Look-see

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2018
The story is interesting and unique but kind of thin and could do to be fleshed out more like other people have said. The game was sheer torture to play through because of having to constantly click through a blank dialogue box and got on my fucking nerves along with having to click though each animation there is way to much clicking.

The grammar isn't horrible and I've seen worse but it sounds really odd and you could benefit from a native English speaking proof reader to tidy it up.

There was also barely any choices and the few that are there do nothing but it's only a prologue so hopefully it gets better.

I don't know if it deserves a certain three letter tag but to clarify for other people curious. One of the Love interests fucks a random servant guy and supposedly has a reputation for doing so. It happens before she has even met the MC or knows of his existence so it's up to you to decide if it deserves a certain tag since I don't see the mods doing so.

I get the feeling the Dev fell into the same trap most new developers do and thought the game needed more sex scenes in it so he added that scene with the youngest daughter not expecting the reaction some players would have to it. If you can choose to have nothing to do with her and ignore her I don't really give a shit since the oldest daughter is way more interesting to me anyway.
this was pretty helpful. the preview renders had me worried. at best i could hope the MC bulked up after a time but sadly it's two different dudes.

the only time i'm ok with voyeurism is if we see some chick masturbating. watching some other guy get laid isnt appealing.

so im guessing the MC is the magician(the short haired dude)?

someone mentioned that one of the princesses should at least be the "naive/virgin" one. for many ppl who would abandon her as she is now. thats probably the only way shes gonna get redeemed :sneaky:

but yeah given the context i'd agree its not NTR. but its still appaling:LOL:

Look-see

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2018
Thanks for a good welcome. What I have in mind would, with a high probability, include the ones you've mentioned except for ntr. Also bdsm, mind control and maybe some enslavement.
The plan is to get the players a choice if they want to deal with just one girl or three.
I want to create a decent fantasy world which would be interesting to explore and which would incorporate different themes from Slavic mythology and fairy tales. I know that the plot may seem a little bit foggy at the moment but I will try my best to make it clear in the following updates.
so does that mean monster girls are gonna be a thing as well?

Reactions: EJW

Rinbael

Sep 7, 2018
so im guessing the MC is the magician(the short haired dude)?
Yeah the MC is the guy with the short dark hair and beard in the last screen shot. Like I said as long as I don't have to do anything with her or forced to watch anymore sex scenes with her I don't care since the older daughter is way more interesting to me anyway.

Reactions: Look-see

ClockworkGnome

Sep 18, 2021
Seems interesting, but the story is kind of all over the place already, the Dad just appears out of nowhere all the time, tells the MC to do whatever, without explaining fuck all, and we just have to go with it, but i guess it's for the sake of the plot.
And it's not clear at the moment, but if the princesses are to be our main LI in this game, things are looking dire for our MC, the eldest one is a warrior who spends all day training and doesn't seem to care for anything else, the middle one is the same, but she's a bookworm instead of a warrior, and don't get me started with the youngest, the King says she barely spends time in the castle, and going by what we have seen so far, she spends her time in the streets man hunting like some common whore, the entire kingdom must be familiar with her behavior at this point, i guess i can see why the King is having problems marrying them.
Maybe the intention is to set them up as alternate fetish paths. Like, if you're into getting subbed you go after the warrior who puts you in your place, if you're into domming you force yourself on the bookworm, and if you're one of those people into NTR you get sloppy 42nds on the youngest one.

Saint Blackmoor

Saint and Sinner
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
Just started playing, really like the dialogue it's up to date and real. I read the first review, 2 stars :unsure: I think that the reviewer is wrong in many ways. It always makes me sad when some Winny, mad at the world pirate here says I don't like it because I can't pick my own name, it's not real animation and I'm forced to watch sex that makes me remember I'm a sad person. do they understand the amount of time, effort, training, research, sacrifice, second-guessing yourself, and oh yeah MONEY that has gone into the game that Winny pirate just blasted in five minutes of typing out their tunnel vision attitude.
A review is not an opportunity to spew your self-entitled bitchery.
My personal opinion is you should have at least decent knowledge of game development before doing a Review.
I am enjoying the game, I really like The GUI /save/load layout, very original and eye-catching, so what if you have to use some brain cells to figure it out.
(instead of giving a facepalm, respond with a coherent reply instead)
I wish
GalDrag Production
Much success and thank you for your quality work.

Last edited:

Look-see

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2018
Just started playing, really like the dialogue it's up to date and real. I read the first review, 2 stars :unsure: I think that the reviewer is wrong in many ways. It always makes me sad when some Winny, mad at the world pirate here says I don't like it because I can't pick my own name, it's not real animation and I'm forced to watch sex that makes me remember I'm a sad person. do they understand the amount of time, effort, training, research, sacrifice, second-guessing yourself, and oh yeah MONEY that has gone into the game that Winny pirate just blasted in five minutes of typing out their tunnel vision attitude.
A review is not an opportunity to spew your self-entitled bitchery.
My personal opinion is you should have at least decent knowledge of game development before doing a Review.
I am enjoying the game, I really like The GUI /save/load layout, very original and eye-catching, so what if you have to use some brain cells to figure it out.
I wish
GalDrag Production
Much success and thank you for your quality work.
YOU CAN'T CHANGE THE MC's NAME!? blasphemy!

is the name cool at least?

i havent tried the game yet but the comments sort of kept me away from it.

Reactions: Saint Blackmoor
3.10 star(s) 7 Votes