Ren'Py Abandoned The Neighborhood [v0.40] [Rancid Dragon Productions]

3.00 star(s) 4 Votes

Rancid Dragon Productions

Game Developer
Feb 27, 2020
Thanks for all the help with these bugs. I appreciate your patience and assistance while you guys go through here. I really want this to be a good game for all. I don't make the kind of money Mifly City is pulling in, so I have to work a day job while doing this. I'm trying my best to keep it moving and making it cheap while getting it in shape.

Reactions: KnuckleDragger79

ronin42

Mar 5, 2017
I absolutely love hearing game developers bitch on a pirate site about us getting it for free. If it were not for this site and the free distribution there would be 0 advertising for adult games and close to zero patrons. I played your first version uninstalled because of the bugs and grind saw the newest and was hyped found the same bugs....will wait for the third to see if the simple bugs are gone before bothering to add to my patrons support list......one I might add that exists because I got to try them here. I pirate my real games first b4 buying them as well because I am an old Fuck and remember what it was like when games had demos.

Game Developer
Feb 27, 2020
I absolutely love hearing game developers bitch on a pirate site about us getting it for free. If it were not for this site and the free distribution there would be 0 advertising for adult games and close to zero patrons. I played your first version uninstalled because of the bugs and grind saw the newest and was hyped found the same bugs....will wait for the third to see if the simple bugs are gone before bothering to add to my patrons support list......one I might add that exists because I got to try them here. I pirate my real games first b4 buying them as well because I am an old Fuck and remember what it was like when games had demos.
I'm glad you're trying it free, that's kind of the POINT of these sites. To get the bugs out before you put them up for people to buy. But if you're going to complain about getting something free, then there nothing a developer can do for you. If you're going to be constructive and tell us where the bugs are, I'm happy to have you. Instead of simply saying "too many bugs dude." or "It sucks" be constructive and help out so we both benefit. Some of the bugs you catch are ones that don't necessarily pop up on my system when I run through it, so hearing where you saw them helps make this better for both of us.

Game Developer
Feb 27, 2020
While we're on the topic, you mentioned the grind ... so I ask, which parts about the grind are too long? Are you the "give me that walkthrough, I don't want to bother to play the game." type? If you just want to jump right to the gallery and I can't fix that. Is the grind really too long? If so, where and which parts? This I can fix so it's a good experience.

rgdr

Nov 24, 2017
While we're on the topic, you mentioned the grind ... so I ask, which parts about the grind are too long? Are you the "give me that walkthrough, I don't want to bother to play the game." type? If you just want to jump right to the gallery and I can't fix that. Is the grind really too long? If so, where and which parts? This I can fix so it's a good experience.
Dont mind him, i like the idea of your game keep it up please, im a broke fan

Game Developer
Feb 27, 2020
Thanks for help guys. I appreciate honest reviews if they're constructive and helpful. I'll have another update most likely tomorrow if work allows. I think I've got a pretty clean (I hope) fix this time. I'm also weighing some options on artwork and the possibility of two versions of this game .. one with the cartoony art and one with the Daz style art. That's on down the road a little bit though.

Reactions: Uchiha

Game Developer
Feb 27, 2020
Sorry for the delay on updates. I walked into my office Friday morning and my computer was completely dead thanks to a windows update! So, I've got a new computer on the way and Im rebuilidng my files from back ups. If all goes smoothly I'll have a completed update on Friday. Sorry for the delay.

Game Developer
Feb 27, 2020
UPDATE: A quick apology. Looks like I lost a lot more of my files than I thought. So I'm completely redoing character models with a new computer and complete new directions. So ... here's a question, and I hope you guys approve here. I CAN try to restore the old models in TK17 and continue with the same art style, OR I can use these new models I got and redo the animation, which will take me a LITTLE longer due to the rendering processes they each use. Am I better off taking the time and effort on this change?
kevin waiting.png Kevin Waiting.png
Here is a quick sample of the differences. What do you guys think? I'm definitely not dropping this project, but it will be a little delayed until I catch back up changing the art files.

Reactions: JohnJG

Sleepy0703

Nov 26, 2017
UPDATE: A quick apology. Looks like I lost a lot more of my files than I thought. So I'm completely redoing character models with a new computer and complete new directions. So ... here's a question, and I hope you guys approve here. I CAN try to restore the old models in TK17 and continue with the same art style, OR I can use these new models I got and redo the animation, which will take me a LITTLE longer due to the rendering processes they each use. Am I better off taking the time and effort on this change?
View attachment 666756 View attachment 666758
Here is a quick sample of the differences. What do you guys think? I'm definitely not dropping this project, but it will be a little delayed until I catch back up changing the art files.
Definitely old style in my opinion. Maybe rendered a little better but definitely keep it tk17. There are a million games with daz models and maybe like 5 on this site worth playing that use tk17 models.

3.00 star(s) 4 Votes