VN Ren'Py The Neverwhere Tales [v0.4.0] [Ceolag]

4.40 star(s) 38 Votes

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023
Hm, from what we know Medb started nothing.
The mercs which attacked weren't working for the elves (likely the faction which works with the hellspawn), succubus attack ..well bad luck i guess and we don't know who was responsible for abduction the old man (one of the queens i guess), but well, occupational hazard.

You can blame Medb for her bitchy first impression as ambassador...but well, dealing with the templars even for a few days and nearly getting robed of some legendary sword by none less than one of their leaders, i can understand where her shitty attitude towards them comes from...imagine dealing with them for decades or centuries...

I wouldn't be against to give her ass same slaps thought, it's worth the risk :sneaky:

Yep, she is doing an absolutely shitty job as bodyguard/protector.

-We know she's away very often, so bad luck if something happens to the MC.

-Merc attack, pure luck the MC survived until she came, 'poor' Paul didn't have so much luck.

-Directly after being attacked, you would assume she wouldn't let the MC unprotected again...yet he gets attackt by a succubus the next evening, no sign of her, again pure luck he survived.

-Neverwhere, we were told several times how dangerous it is, that we are not prepared and wouldn't survive alone and she's getting a direct order to protect the MC there.
Kaija at the first sign of enemies ''I'm off fighting hellspawn, you can run to the next portal alone''
MC: not knowning shit about Neverwhere, nor the city, can't defend himself, has not even a weapon, has no idea where the next portal even is...

I mean, can you suck even more at being a bodyguard ?
Hence why I have no trust in Kaija having the MCs best interests at heart no matter if she loves the MC or not.
Her loyalty to the Templars is commendable though.

Reactions: Raziel_8

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
You can blame Medb for her bitchy first impression as ambassador...but well, dealing with the templars even for a few days and nearly getting robed of some legendary sword by none less than one of their leaders, i can understand where her shitty attitude towards them comes from...imagine dealing with them for decades or centuries..
Please don't....I don't ever want to imagine that...ever....
I mean, can you suck even more
She probably isn't even that good at giving helmet...

(Ok...I'll see myself out lol)

• Haha
Reactions: Raziel_8
Oct 10, 2022
Please don't....I don't ever want to imagine that...ever....
you can't deal with what? Cobwebs? ;)

Hence why I have no trust in Kaija having the MCs best interests at heart no matter if she loves the MC or not.
Her loyalty to the Templars is commendable though.
I am trying but I can't agree more, she is shitty what she does. Also, MC was the one had to deal with mercs. Dude took down 2 mercs without any training. If their order was to kill, we would have seen an early ending to the game.

Hm, from what we know Medb started nothing.
The mercs which attacked weren't working for the elves (likely the faction which works with the hellspawn), succubus attack ..well bad luck i guess and we don't know who was responsible for abduction the old man (one of the queens i guess), but well, occupational hazard.

You can blame Medb for her bitchy first impression as ambassador...but well, dealing with the templars even for a few days and nearly getting robed of some legendary sword by none less than one of their leaders, i can understand where her shitty attitude towards them comes from...imagine dealing with them for decades or centuries...

I wouldn't be against to give her ass same slaps thought, it's worth the risk :sneaky:

Yep, she is doing an absolutely shitty job as bodyguard/protector.

-We know she's away very often, so bad luck if something happens to the MC.

-Merc attack, pure luck the MC survived until she came, 'poor' Paul didn't have so much luck.

-Directly after being attacked, you would assume she wouldn't let the MC unprotected again...yet he gets attackt by a succubus the next evening, no sign of her, again pure luck he survived.

-Neverwhere, we were told several times how dangerous it is, that we are not prepared and wouldn't survive alone and she's getting a direct order to protect the MC there.
Kaija at the first sign of enemies ''I'm off fighting hellspawn, you can run to the next portal alone''
MC: not knowning shit about Neverwhere, nor the city, can't defend himself, has not even a weapon, has no idea where the next portal even is...

I mean, can you suck even more at being a bodyguard ?

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
what do you english speaking guy's mean with that, I'm asking if this is a phrase, comes with an subtle implication.
or was it just a typo (out) anyway I struggle to find the correct interpretation to it.
Ask out...in English would not actually mean 'asking out on a date'...but more (in this context)...do you want to be my GF etc? Make official. So in this plot, they never were 'official'...never actually clarified or confirmed with each other, was just an unspoken assumption.

• Red Heart
Reactions: xapican

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
She was already a childhood friend to MC before she was recruited by the Templars. She was later trained as a Templar. That was after her parents died and she was a teenager then. Her friendship with MC continued, but of course she was strictly forbidden to tell MC about her secret. Considering that his father is the head of the bunch, it's also clear how easily it would have come out if she had blabbed. Well, youth progressed and the friendship between MC and Kaija developed into something more. They both fell for each other. She also said in one scene that the Templars were not at all happy about this development. She was supposed to protect MC as a kind of bodyguard. They took advantage of the fact that they had been friends for many years. They didn't send her after him.

To cut a long story short: yes, the Templars wanted Kaija to be a good friend to MC. No, they didn't tell her to be his girlfriend.
Yep, that is what I understood as well, regarding, why they ended up there, not asking that you change your point of view Defen (I respect it), just asking to be fair, which also implies also that the MC (Player) is 50% responsible for the situation, anyway, My guess is that Ceo needed this "inner Conflict" for the Plot, I'm also convinced that there is treason inside the rows of the Templars, and as the Grandmaster was abducted, the other faction jumped at the oportunity, to Kill the "heirs" (if the ambush would be succesfull, then MC's sister and Mother would be the next.)
Thank you Maviarab , you helped me a lot !

Reactions: Maviarab

Slick Bean

Sep 9, 2023
MedB could have one shot the best warrior and snuffed out any future for templars in one fell swoop - in NEverwhere while fighting the demons - very convenient and daring MC would risk his life getting in the matters of other factions, considering the ruling Elves want Humans wiped outta existence.
as the Grandmaster was abducted, the other faction jumped at the oportunity, to Kill the "heirs" (if the ambush would be succesfull, then MC's sister and Mother would be the next.)
The problem with kids is what we see IRL all the time: give the money and the power of your office to your kid and he will become a drug lord who destroys any and all of your lives work for ever, what is happening with most young well off kids. MC would have ended up just like the playboy that we can inadvertedly save from his due fate if MC emotionally blackmails his girlfriend into interfering. That is nothing any mother or father ever wants for their kid - as we find out druggies are all over Neverwhere precisely while they have all the means and nothing for responsability - which is how MC would have been had he been given the reigns.

Reactions: xapican

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
I might be diamtetral wrong on this one, I don't think that "Statham" is the traitor, he comes across to dumb, although he has a biiiig ego, so yeah, my guess it that he is a pawn in this, that the more dangerous, is the other guy and/or the woman, Kaija is just a Knight who has to follow orders, the one which has a bit more of freedom in her decisions is Linnae, so in my profiling
Kaija, Linae, Hilda, and the Father have the right "Paladins mindset" but don't have enough power /or are unaware to purge the Templars.
Also I tend to wait what the father tells, he said prepare for war, but left open against whom or what,

Slick Bean

Sep 9, 2023
MC literally hustled his dad outta the grabby hands of MedB in a poker match smack in the middle of the war between elves and demons.
Also I tend to wait what the father tells, he said prepare for war, but left open against whom or what,

Slick Bean

Sep 9, 2023
Statham began practising Chinese martial arts, kickboxing, and karate recreationally in his youth while working at local market stalls. An avid footballer and diver, he was a member of Britain's national diving team and competed for England in the 1990 Commonwealth Games. Shortly after, he was asked to model for French Connection, Tommy Hilfiger, and Levi's in various advertising campaigns.
Jason Statham Australian Bruce Willis for whatever dumb ass reason and im pretty sure he's not even Australian.

4.40 star(s) 38 Votes