VN Ren'Py The Neverwhere Tales [v0.4.0] [Ceolag]

4.40 star(s) 38 Votes

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Side girl, as far as I am aware she is not that important. When you go to pub, you'll have a chance to invite Elea, Helena or you can go alone, if you go alone you'll meet with Anissa.:)

Btw, I really don't like calling side girl maybe we should find an alternative for it, any suggestion? :unsure:
Auxiliary girl?

My point about Kaija, is what did she feel about him before the revelation?

How she acts towards the protagonist depends on how the protagonist acts towards her, and I think that's wrong, they've known each other for years, they dated and lived together, what's her opinion towards him?

If you are interested in her, then she is interested in you, but if you are not interested in her, she is not interested in you either, and that is what I think is wrong, I think she should already have an opinion formed by the years spent together.

If she didn't love him, that's okay, there's no point in starting to love him now; and if she loved him, that feeling won't disappear like that, she should still have those feelings for him, and try to repair their relationship, even if he tries to avoid it.

The protagonist's sister mentions that she feels that Kaija really loves him (Something like that, I don't remember the dialogue), but Kaija doesn't show it, so I wanted to see her feel jealous or something similar, when she sees the protagonist with someone else, but I think she will not only not care, but be happy for him for moving on.

Anyway, that's what I think.
Technically she has made up her mind, it's just that there are multiple Kaija's in a superimposed quantum state at the start of the game, each with a different take on the MC. Which one you end up with is determined by your choices early on, at which point her waveform collapses and the winning Kaija is able to state her definitive views.

I agree it's a poor system, but it's probably too late to change it now.

Last edited:

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
You will need 10+ charisma pts and 25+ endurance pts to pull that off... Jus' Sayin':cool:
* enters cheat code and mods charisma, endurance, strength, agility, intelligence to 9999 *
* enables god mode*
There now I can get all paths and choices and never get killed by the Templars.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: motseer

Ceolag

Donor
Game Developer
Sep 6, 2020
ch5_preview_30.png ch5_preview_31.png

Hey everyone,

another week has gone by and it's time for a new Dev Log.

It has been a pretty normal week with normal progress.
I'm posing and rendering my way through the animations and static renders needed for the current scene and will do so for most of next week.

When I'm done with that, it's finally time to move on to the main part of Chapter 5.
Until now, I've been creating the scenes needed after the end of Chapter 4 and some transitioning scenes to connect Chapter 4 with the main focus of Chapter 5.
I hope to be done with all that by end of the next week, including my next internal test build.

Overall, it got a bit bigger/longer than I planned before starting to work on Chapter 5.

That said, I expect to be back at Neverwhere (render-wise) by the end of next week or the following weekend.
Can't wait for it since it'll be a shift from animation work back to writing/scripting and I'm kinda tired of posing animations right now. ;-)
To give you an idea about how much animation work went into this chapter already:
Chapter 4 had a total of 22 animations, Chapter 3 had 23. As of now, only Chapter 2 (33) has more animations than this Chapter.

The numbers for this week are:
72 new static renders for a total of 814
6 new animations for a total of 24
109 new script lines for a total of 2155 (I hope my math skills didn't fail me again :ROFLMAO:)

Have a nice weekend, guys.

Cheers,
Ceolag

4.40 star(s) 38 Votes