VN Ren'Py The Neverwhere Tales [v0.4.0] [Ceolag]

4.40 star(s) 38 Votes

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
View attachment 3422202 View attachment 3422203

Hey everyone,

another week has gone by and it's time for a new Dev Log.

It has been a pretty normal week with normal progress.
I'm posing and rendering my way through the animations and static renders needed for the current scene and will do so for most of next week.

When I'm done with that, it's finally time to move on to the main part of Chapter 5.
Until now, I've been creating the scenes needed after the end of Chapter 4 and some transitioning scenes to connect Chapter 4 with the main focus of Chapter 5.
I hope to be done with all that by end of the next week, including my next internal test build.

Overall, it got a bit bigger/longer than I planned before starting to work on Chapter 5.

That said, I expect to be back at Neverwhere (render-wise) by the end of next week or the following weekend.
Can't wait for it since it'll be a shift from animation work back to writing/scripting and I'm kinda tired of posing animations right now. ;-)
To give you an idea about how much animation work went into this chapter already:
Chapter 4 had a total of 22 animations, Chapter 3 had 23. As of now, only Chapter 2 (33) has more animations than this Chapter.

The numbers for this week are:
72 new static renders for a total of 814
6 new animations for a total of 24
109 new script lines for a total of 2155 (I hope my math skills didn't fail me again :ROFLMAO:)

Have a nice weekend, guys.

Cheers,
Ceolag
Your math looks good to me, Ceolag. I now have you averaging around 86 statics, 2.5 animations and 230 lines since work on Chapter 5 officially began. Here are the charts:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
It looks like the animation spike is starting to wind down, at least for now. Personally I'm a lot more interested in the 'main' part of the chapter than I am in a side girl, so I'm very eager to see what comes next. That may be a while since it sounds like this will end up being a pretty big chapter, but I don't mind waiting as long as the eventual product delivers.

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023
View attachment 3422202 View attachment 3422203

Overall, it got a bit bigger/longer than I planned before starting to work on Chapter 5.

That said, I expect to be back at Neverwhere (render-wise) by the end of next week or the following weekend.
Can't wait for it since it'll be a shift from animation work back to writing/scripting and I'm kinda tired of posing animations right now. ;-)

Have a nice weekend, guys.

Cheers,
Ceolag
A bit bigger than expected, I doubt many of us will complain about that lol. We can't wait either.

Have a great weekend Dev.

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
Sorry...quit smoking today (well, last night, was replacing my mask filters too often)...not really been on my usual form today heh...*chews his desk*
good for you if you can keep at it... it's fucking hard to kick, smoked for 10 years at least, then switched to vaping for another 10 or so, still can't quit

• Red Heart
Reactions: Maviarab

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
good for you if you can keep at it... it's fucking hard to kick, smoked for 10 years at least, then switched to vaping for another 10 or so, still can't quit
I refuse to vape...that's not breaking the habitual side, which is probably worse than the actual nicotine addiction part, and my life very monotonous and routine so not a good start lmao. I hate the gum, inhaler makes me queasy, allergic to the glue on the patches (fml...)...so just doing it mind over matter...try keep self busy etc.

Not the first time quit..not the first time restarted and tried again...but increase in cost 'here', it's finally time to call it a day. But no, not easy at all...

I'm also (because I'm obviously a masochist) cutting down on my coffee too...I drink far too much...so I'm a little wired at the moment and not exactly thinking at full capacity...well, except for thinking about coffee and smokes lmao.

*twitches*

:ROFLMAO:..what is it they say...first couple of days the hardest? Well..almost one day down...

Down....down...

DOWN WITH KAIJAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: ename144

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
I refuse to vape...that's not breaking the habitual side, which is probably worse than the actual nicotine addiction part, and my life very monotonous and routine so not a good start lmao. I hate the gum, inhaler makes me queasy, allergic to the glue on the patches (fml...)...so just doing it mind over matter...try keep self busy etc.

Not the first time quit..not the first time restarted and tried again...but increase in cost 'here', it's finally time to call it a day. But no, not easy at all...

I'm also (because I'm obviously a masochist) cutting down on my coffee too...I drink far too much...so I'm a little wired at the moment and not exactly thinking at full capacity...well, except for thinking about coffee and smokes lmao.

*twitches*

:ROFLMAO:..what is it they say...first couple of days the hardest? Well..almost one day down...

Down....down...

it was way easier to cut off coffee for me, but I didn't drink that much to begin with... haven't had a cup in 3 years... never seriously tried to break off from nicotine though. But I think vaping is somewhat better on my health than cigarettes, well at least on my lungs. I had some long distance flights a while back and tried some nicotine pills, I've had the hiccups for 2-3 hours each way because of them :cautious:

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Maviarab
Oct 10, 2022
Sorry...quit smoking today (well, last night, was replacing my mask filters too often)...not really been on my usual form today heh...*chews his desk*
I've been thinking same for awhile maybe I should just join you. :unsure:

*twitches*

Down....down...

I think cold turkey is the way. And yes,

it was way easier to cut off coffee for me, but I didn't drink that much to begin with... haven't had a cup in 3 years... never seriously tried to break off from nicotine though. But I think vaping is somewhat better on my health than cigarettes, well at least on my lungs. I had some long distance flights a while back and tried some nicotine pills, I've had the hiccups for 2-3 hours each way because of them :cautious:
Replace it with aubergine. :LOL:

4.40 star(s) 38 Votes