VN Ren'Py The Neverwhere Tales [v0.4.0] [Ceolag]

4.40 star(s) 38 Votes

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
That's why I chose the king brown. Kaija is smart, calculating. The guys on her path will feel her fangs at some point. Her venom will flow through their veins and they'll die believin she still loved them. :ROFLMAO:
The only venom in all of this is from guys that think a woman protecting them and lying to them about it is the most evil thing a woman could do to a man. The man gets to do those things, not the woman. ;)

You'll protest and maybe you wouldn't do it NOW with the experience of life behind you; most of these guys couldn't say that to me or anyone here and be believable.

Leongen43

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2022
Would you lie to someone you loved for their protection and to protect their happiness? Keep in mind: one answer will make you a hypocrite, the other a liar.;)
What happens with Kaija is the same thing that happens to most human beings is that you cannot be 100% sincere and transparent with the person you love because not all parts of you are going to be accepted in the same way and the The possibility of creating distance between them must be what causes Kaija to have her secrets with him, it will depend over time if when those secrets are revealed and how important they are if I want to continue my romance with Kaija or not, right?:unsure:

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
The only venom in all of this is from guys that think a woman protecting them and lying to them about it is the most evil thing a woman could do to a man. The man gets to do those things, not the woman. ;)

You'll protest and maybe you wouldn't do it NOW with the experience of life behind you; most of these guys couldn't say that to me or anyone here and be believable.
No need to protest. It's not worth it. Plus, I don't have a problem with a woman protectin me. It's what a good woman does. She protects her man as much as a man protects her. If not more. But when such protection comes with lies and secrets bundled in, that's where the problem is.

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
Would you lie to someone you loved for their protection and to protect their happiness? Keep in mind: one answer will make you a hypocrite, the other a liar. ;)
Yeah...sorry, but what a load of nonsense.
She is protecting absolutely no one with her lies/secrets, least of all the MC and she sure as hell isn't protecting the happiness of the MC with it, if anything the opposite...
Guilty until proven innocent. How.....reasonable.:rolleyes::FacePalm:
Well, if one is a notorious liar, which lied about pretty much anything for years to you...
So yeah, taking anything about that person with a grain of salt is reasonable.
You're still on with that misogyny nonsense, doesn't matter if it is a man or woman who lies, same treatment for both, that is also as most people i knew treat it. Never heard a friend or acquaintance in real life saying it's fine if the man does it, but condemned it if it was done by a women.

If the MC would be in Kajia's role i sure as hell wouldn't blame her for being pissed at the MC or breaking up with him, completely understandable. Honestly i would have cheered on her if she kicked him in the balls after she finds out about all the secrets and lies.

Last edited:

nitkonikic

Sep 17, 2018
I hate Kaija as much as all other reasonable people, but don't even consider she was cheating.
Not that kind of game, and while her sins are numerous and unforgivable, that one is not part of them.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
I hate Kaija as much as all other reasonable people, but don't even consider she was cheating.
Not that kind of game, and while her sins are numerous and unforgivable, that one is not part of them.
Have proof of that do you?

Because right now, the logic and sensible money says you couldn't possibly rule it out given everything else. Doesn't matter whether or not it's 'that type of game', it doesn't need to be in the game does it now? The MC and Kaija have been together quite some time...who is to say what she may or may not have done before Game Day 01?

Last edited:

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
If the MC would be in Kajia's role i sure as hell wouldn't blame her for being pissed at the MC or breaking up with him, completely understandable. Honestly i would have cheered on her if she kiked him in the balls after she finds out about all the secrets and lies.
yep typical double standard stuff, if a male pulled that shit he wouldn't hear the end of it, but since it's it's Kaija all should be forgiven, right?

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
she is hardly innocent, if she lied about her whole identity, she could be lying about a lot of other things, couldn't she?
Your real name isn't Elduriel - you're lying about your whole identity. Have you also slept with others while you were partnered with someone else? I bet you have and if you deny it I'll never believe you. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: ename144

Krytax123

Dec 29, 2022
yep typical double standard stuff, if a male pulled that shit he wouldn't hear the end of it, but since it's it's Kaija all should be forgiven, right?
Thats such a bullshit take sorry, its literally the superhero trope that the guy/hero keeps his identity hidden and his s.o. in the dark about it and everyone understands why its nessecary.

Reactions: ename144

nitkonikic

Sep 17, 2018
Thats such a bullshit take sorry, its literally the superhero trope that the guy/hero keeps his identity hidden and his s.o. in the dark about it and everyone understands why its nessecary.
Hardly. He is not a child, his whole family (sister excluded) is part of same organization, and his s.o. is not actually his s.o., but someone hired to be his bodyguard while pretending to be his s.o.

In this case they are NOT protecting him, they have effectively put him in more danger by keeping their mouth shut. And Kaija...oh boy...lots of words to describe a person that sells body for money/organization, at least others are honest about it.

Oct 10, 2022
Have proof of that do you?

Because right now, the logic and sensible money says you couldn't possibly rule it out given everything else. Doesn't matter whether or not it's 'that type of game', it doesn;t need to be in the game does it now? The MC and Kaija have been together quitre some time...who is to say what she may or may not have done before Game Day 01?
I still think at the night club talk it was hinted she did it but I can't be sure.

I may have mentioned it before but I consider cheating a small misdemeanour at this point comparing to what she had done.

You can even see it if you look at how they react towards MC's parents. No one defends them religiously like they are defending Kaija. What was their fault then? Not having sexy body or not having any potential to fuck MC. Other than these, they are at the same boat as Kaija. Hypocrisy at its finest.

nitkonikic

Sep 17, 2018
I may have mentioned it before but I consider cheating a small misdemeanour at this point comparing to what she had done.
Is it even cheating if she was being paid/hired to sleep with MC and wasn't doing it out of honest feelings?
Though to repeat, don't think there was any anyway.
MC needs to drop that toxic person out of his life and forget she exists.

Thinking about what else she lied about can only lead to more anger/frustration/depression.
Moving on is best course of action.

Parents should get same treatment. As far away from MCs life as possible. They are INSANELY toxic and actively sabotaged his life.

Now, someone posted whole relationship was more to help Kaija, not MC. But even in that case, it fucked MC over, shows how much they care for their own child.

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
I'd say it's not neccesary either there, if you trust your partner and family there is no good reason to keep it secret to them, superhero or not. For the public it is a other matter of course.

Also they keep their identity hidden because it would paint a huge target on their back, themselves, their loved ones and friends...
Here the MC is the one with the target on his back, because of his father/parents and them being members of the templars.
So please do tell, how exactly is keeping it secret necessary or how does it protect the MC ?

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Maviarab

Leongen43

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2022
Hardly. He is not a child, his whole family (sister excluded) is part of same organization, and his s.o. is not actually his s.o., but someone hired to be his bodyguard while pretending to be his s.o.

In this case they are NOT protecting him, they have effectively put him in more danger by keeping their mouth shut. And Kaija...oh boy...lots of words to describe a person that sells body for money/organization, at least others are honest about it.
We still don't know how that organization works inside and powerful characters can have even greater influence within the Templars who can know the reason for so many secrets and we don't know if it was an order to keep silent and hide important parts from our character until he is ready. To know the truth, it depends on what was so important for us to want or not to maintain the relationship with Kaija, the mc is likely to also start accumulating secrets because of the Templars' order to Elea for example "Anissa is waiting a baby from the MC, can you imagine her reaction?:unsure: :KEK:

Krytax123

Dec 29, 2022
I'd say it's not neccesary either there, if you trust your partner and family there is no good reason to keep it secret to them, superhero or not. For the public it is a other matter of course.

Also they keep their identiy hidden because it would paint a huge target on their back, themselves, their loved ones and friends...
Here the MC is the one with the target on his back, because of his father/parents and them being members of the templars.
So please do tell, how exactly is keeping it secret necessary or how does it protect the MC ?
I didnt said its nessecary or the right thing to do, i just pointed out its a stereotype (annoying) superhero trope and nobody is makeing a big deal out of it contrary to kaija's case were quite a lot of people here think shes the devil herself and never to be trusted ever again (or being literally called a whore while it was pointed out that she resisted the templars order to seduce him) but whatever.

I had this discussion here already and dont really care enough, everyone can view a character in the story the way they want, i just think it isnt true at all that with roles reversed (a guy not telling his gf of his templar being because her dad, the grandmaster, asked him not to) would be judged more harshly.

4.40 star(s) 38 Votes