VN Ren'Py The Neverwhere Tales [v0.4.0] [Ceolag]

4.40 star(s) 38 Votes

risky0

Oct 7, 2022
I meant council consists of department heads. We already know Linnae is a councilor and a fight instructor, so not a stretch to assume she in charge of training.

But Templars seem pretty hierarchical so you may be right. But then having a council seem pretty pointless?
The leader who has the last word. (GM)
The council is a mechanism that advises the leader and makes decisions like a leader in emergency situations.
Council members also decide on less important matters that concern their area of expertise.
So you could say it's kind of in court.

It's like Kajia has been brainwashed specifically for this job since she was a kid.
As I said earlier, there was an implication in the game about how they became friends.
So she may have been betrayed by the templars, as she did to us.
Being friends with Mc, thinking that she has a choice in this mission are all illusions, in fact, she never had a choice.

Kajia has nothing to defend, show some empathy and put yourself in mc's shoes dude, that's no small lie, she played with your feelings.
Think about it, many of the moments you spent with her are lies.
Would it clear this great sin that she fell in love with you afterwards?

Hildegardt

Oct 18, 2017
They did not tell their kids about the Templars. Not very strange, after all everybody knows the CIA exists, but the Templars is on a whole different level of secrecy... The world of elves, demons and all that, is the world of fantasy novels for everybody not part of that world.... Once that veil is lifted there is no way back.... I'd say it's a catch 22 situation, tell the kids or don't tell them, you're fucked eitherway.... They now know but the situation did not allow any choice anymore, it's that easy.
Honestly, this is a pretty standard, if not tropy, secret society/hidden world story setup and I feel like people are making a bigger deal out of it than it is supposed to be. Judging the characters harshly at this point in the story comes across like a weird ooc hangup, because there just isn't much to go by, yet.

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
Honestly, this is a pretty standard, if not tropy, secret society/hidden world story setup and I feel like people are making a bigger deal out of it than it is supposed to be. Judging the characters harshly at this point in the story comes across like a weird ooc hangup, because there just isn't much to go by, yet.
I half-agree with you. I'd fully agree if it weren't for the fact that this is an AVN and not a book or a movie. In non-AVN media such stories the romantic relationship are usually incidental and not a focus, so can get away with tropy explanations. But here, romantic relationships are a main focus. Maybe even the most important part of the story. Since that is the case the usual hand-wavy explanations for relationships don't cut it and more care has to be shown.

EDIT: Besides, there is so little of the plot shown so far that there is not much to discuss.

Last edited:

Ceolag

Donor
Game Developer
Sep 6, 2020
Hey guys,

A little bit later than usual and without a preview image. The first was because it was a busy week for me and I didn't have enough time yesterday.
The latter because all images of this week would be considered spoilers.
And there were no new static renders this week anyway since I was working exclusively on animations for the lewd scene.

So far for the "bad" news.
The good news is: The last 2 animations for that scene are posed and being rendered this weekend. After that, I can wrap up the scene with some additional renders and finish the dialogue for the scene.
The animations for that scene are the longest and most complex (regarding movement and details) I have done so far. Some of them rendered for nearly 24 hours. Each.
My PC was rendering pretty much around the clock the last week until Thursday.
Why Thursday? Because that day my 4090 arrived. That will cut down the render times in the future significantly.
To less than half of the time that my 3090 took according to the first test renders I made (the same render done by the 3090 and then by the 4090 was ~11min vs ~5min).

For the next week, I'll finish the lewd scene including post work and putting the animations together and after that, I'm looking forward to working on the next scene.
It'll be pretty much the exact opposite of the lewd scene of the last 2 weeks.

And the next Dev Update will contain a preview image again.

Regarding the discussions here: I'm still amazed at how you guys discuss my game through several pages. Still feels kinda unreal. Especially those of you, who put serious time and effort into your long posts. I really appreciate that. It even helps me with development because I can get an unfiltered opinion/view on things that I may have thought differently.
Thank you all for that.

Have a nice rest of the weekend, guys.

Cheers,
Ceolag

Oct 10, 2022
My PC was rendering pretty much around the clock the last week until Thursday.
Why Thursday? Because that day my 4090 arrived. That will cut down the render times in the future significantly.
To less than half of the time that my 3090 took according to the first test renders I made (the same render done by the 3090 and then by the 4090 was ~11min vs ~5min).
Congrats to your new toy. I hope it will serve you well.

Hengat

Oct 17, 2022
I have to admit, I tried to read comments, but you guys are having a real battle over here.

The whole Kaija situation was a problem for me and maybe still is. In my first playthrough I fucked up the relationship and she said it was all fake (I still find it a bit unreal that a couple of recent choices define whole relationship) but at the time I thought that's just how is has to be. I had eyes on the blonde coworker anyway so it didn't bother me. Still, the relationship points are there so I thought maybe slowly with time Kaija and MC can get close. The bench scene was a closure for me. I tried to chose the right options but they both seem cold no matter what. After that I knew, whatever I came up with in my head, it's not gonna happen.

Then I decided I will go full Kaija from the start and imagine my surprise. The difference is immeasurable. The love confession, the bench scene, MC and Kaija acting as a couple, weird couple, but a couple. It's disappointing really. You make some mistake at the start and that's it. You are either together or you never will be, nothing between, no hope. I tried different variations like just to see how many points it will get for Kaija just to agree to train MC but whatever the thing you see on "love route" is not there. There's just sadness.

As for the trust thing. I can't help but feel sorry for MC. It hard to cross out years of whatever they had together but that's just life. Everybody can argue whether Kaija could tell the truth before or if she had choice to get close to him or not. Feelings can be real and "the magic exist" is not something you casually share with somebody, but no matter what it wouldn't surprise me if MC will have doubts about Kaija whenever in the future. I personally would have in his place and that's not recipe for happy relationship. I feel like there's no really good way out of this situation.

Last edited:

Ceolag

Donor
Game Developer
Sep 6, 2020
Hey guys,

A Dev Update on April Fools' Day. That means it'll be full of stupid jokes about how I abandoned the game because I won the lottery or about how I changed my mind and make this a harem game. Not!

Welcome to the most serious Dev Update ever done. I swear!

I finished the work on all the animations, including post work and composition of the final animations. The scene is mostly written and coded, only a few lines remain to be coded.

Meanwhile, I started setting up the renders for the next scene to keep the PC busy with renders while I'll write the last few lines.
As I promised, this Update will have preview renders again.
Stupid me decided to have two versions of the next scene. A "date" version and a "friend" version. Of course, the wardrobe needs the reflect that. Same scene, similar dialogue, and different outfits. Double the render "fun".
And while we're at being stupid, we use dforce outfits for both variations. So double the dforce "fun", too.
Ultimately, I still think it'll be worth it (otherwise I'd dropped this idea) because you just dress differently when going out with a friend or a date. So it'll make the scene more believable in general. At least I hope so. :)

The two attached images are the previews of the outfits I use for the scene.

On top of all that, I'll implement the first translation for The Neverwhere Tales in a few days.
French it is. The translation was done by Tulrek.
He went above and beyond to make it good and as far as I can tell (my French is pretty non-existent although I had it in school for 4 years), he did an awesome job.
I will do a patch that will implement the french translation and a few minor fixes (like the Ambient sound bug). That patch will be released somewhen in the next week because I want to test it a few more times.

Meanwhile, you can find it here:
https://f95zone.to/threads/the-neverwhere-tales-ceolag-french-translation.154001/#post-10428227

We'll end this Update with a few facts.
The chapter contains 441 renders, 12 animations, and 2442 lines in the script file.
Next week I'll be working on the date/friend scene. I'm looking forward to that. Time for some lewd handholding.

Have a nice weekend and don't let you fool you today.

Cheers,
Ceolag

ch3_preview5_1.png ch3_preview5_2.png

Oct 10, 2022
On top of all that, I'll implement the first translation for The Neverwhere Tales in a few days.
He went above and beyond to make it good and as far as I can tell (my French is pretty non-existent although I had it in school for 4 years), he did an awesome job.
I will do a patch that will implement the french translation and a few minor fixes (like the Ambient sound bug). That patch will be released somewhen in the next week because I want to test it a few more times.
I am shocked I thought you were French. :WaitWhat::HideThePain:

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Ceolag

nitkonikic

Sep 17, 2018
Hey guys,

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I abandoned the game because I won the lottery
and I changed my mind and make this a harem game.

Not surprising at all.

With the lottery money you can get whole studio of people to do the game for you and abandon it yourself. School dating sims are popular these days and that's probably best direction for this game to take.

Thanks for the update good sir.

• Haha
Reactions: Ceolag and Tulrek

Mipecio

Oct 3, 2021
Hey guys,

A Dev Update on April Fools' Day. That means it'll be full of stupid jokes about how I abandoned the game because I won the lottery or about how I changed my mind and make this a harem game. Not!

Welcome to the most serious Dev Update ever done. I swear!

I finished the work on all the animations, including post work and composition of the final animations. The scene is mostly written and coded, only a few lines remain to be coded.

Meanwhile, I started setting up the renders for the next scene to keep the PC busy with renders while I'll write the last few lines.
As I promised, this Update will have preview renders again.
Stupid me decided to have two versions of the next scene. A "date" version and a "friend" version. Of course, the wardrobe needs the reflect that. Same scene, similar dialogue, and different outfits. Double the render "fun".
And while we're at being stupid, we use dforce outfits for both variations. So double the dforce "fun", too.
Ultimately, I still think it'll be worth it (otherwise I'd dropped this idea) because you just dress differently when going out with a friend or a date. So it'll make the scene more believable in general. At least I hope so. :)

The two attached images are the previews of the outfits I use for the scene.

Meanwhile, you can find it here:
https://f95zone.to/threads/the-neverwhere-tales-ceolag-french-translation.154001/#post-10428227

We'll end this Update with a few facts.
The chapter contains 441 renders, 12 animations, and 2442 lines in the script file.
Next week I'll be working on the date/friend scene. I'm looking forward to that. Time for some lewd handholding.

Have a nice weekend and don't let you fool you today.

Cheers,
Ceolag

View attachment 2512050 View attachment 2512052
I don't know.. this update smells kinda sus! Anyways, thank you for the update! :D

4.40 star(s) 38 Votes