VN Ren'Py The Neverwhere Tales [v0.4.0] [Ceolag]

4.40 star(s) 38 Votes

Ceolag

Donor
Game Developer
Sep 6, 2020
ch3_preview11.png

Hey guys,

It's Friday and time for the next Dev Update.
First, the reminder that there won't be an update next week because I'm on vacation. The next Dev Update is planned for May 19th.
I won't have access to my PC so my ability to reply to messages is pretty limited (Discord will be possible but also less active than usual).
Of course, that means no new renders and no coding progress next week, hence why the next update will be in 2 weeks.
Knowing myself I'll probably still write some notes and ideas for future scenes into my phone...

Now that's out of the way we can have a look at the progress this week.
Overall it has been a pretty productive week. Honestly, more productive than I expected it to be.
I finished last week's work on the scene and started with the next one. I had to create the environment for the new scene, which usually comes with 2 versions.
The one in my head and the one that's possible with the available DAZ assets. Sometimes they're pretty close, sometimes hardly the same scene.
Most of them are somewhere in between.
In this specific case, I wanted a bar, that still fits the place where it's located. A bar that you see and instantly can connect with a specific location.
I fully expected to spend quite a bit of time on the creation of that. In the end, the first draft I created matched what I had in mind pretty well.
I do think you can instantly recognize where it is located (even if you ignore the spoiling detail in the top left corner...)

So yeah, since I had the environment pretty quickly I started rendering away and coding the scene.
Both are nearly done by now. Only a few renders are left to be posed, the scene is almost completely written and coded.
That means there are only 2 scenes (and the small rest of the actual one) left to be done until the release of Chapter 3. We're getting there...

The numbers for this week:
114 static renders done for a total of 802. The animation count stays the same, the script file is now 3911 lines big.

Have a nice weekend and read you in 2 weeks.
Cheers,
Ceolag

P.S. Yesterday was May the 4th. So the 2 attached renders are for all you Star Wars geeks (like me). This is the way!
Bo-Katan_1.png Bo-Katan_2.png

ktunga

Jul 10, 2022
so....there are only 4 LI's the others are side characters or we will have the option to make a realtionship with those also?
from my point of view the sides ones are much better than the main ones ,and thats alot to say...good luck dev

Reactions: AnonW123

Ceolag

Donor
Game Developer
Sep 6, 2020
ch3_preview12.png

Hey guys,

I'm back from vacation and to the daily routine.
This week has been a busy one due to vacation last week. Lots of stuff to do at work and on top of that, Thursday was a national holiday, so one day less to catch up.
I still managed to get some work on the game done.

As mentioned before my vacation, I finished the work on the remaining parts from that scene and moved on to the last scene before the chapter finale.
For that one, I need to set up the environment, too.
Didn't take too long since I knew what base asset I'm going to use since I bought it several months ago.
So it was "just" a matter of changing some decorations, some furniture, and so on.

Long story short: I got to work on the next scene pretty quickly and made solid progress.
I'll finish that one next week and build my next test version afterward.
That'll be the last test version before the actual beta build (which will be created after the chapter finale is done).

I can't wait to get it all done and out to you guys.

To conclude this update, here are the numbers for this week:
72 new static renders for a total of 874
1 new animation for a total of 16
4228 lines for the script file

Have a nice weekend.
Cheers,
Ceolag

Vleder

Dec 14, 2020
No, we can't have that. Let me ease your pain :sneaky::
Wow! I had just poured a nice cup of fresh coffee before cheking my computer... That's just perfect.
Thanks man. Guess it's not the first time I'm saying this, but I'd really buy you a beer or five. :D

• Red Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: Gorse and Tulrek

Vleder

Dec 14, 2020
I agree with Gorse.

Let me, let me, tell more mouth
Bold eyes
Oh no no no don't don't don't

Will they let me tell more mouth
Bold eyes
Oh no no don't don't don't don't

Yes I'm in love
Yes I'm in love
And afraid to see you
Til the next one
Yes I'm in love
Yes I'm in love
And afraid to see you
Your wrath

Do we deny then
Worth we have yet had chorus
Desperate gender
No
Are we united
worth we have yet had
Desperate angel
No

Are we agreed
Now we are free
To the feelings we should have
They've all gone dancing
Now we agree
Now we are we
And the feelings we should have
They've all gone dancing

Will they let me tell more mouth
Bold eyes
Oh no no don't don't don't don't

Feels
Now we are angels
Excellent deal
Soon all of it falls

Feels
Now we are angels
Excellent deal
Soon all of it falls

My favorite band of all times (and I have a huge collection)!
Took me around twenty years to complete the collection but I got it all, LPs, official and bootlegs, CDs and most live recordings.
You youngsters probably don't know who they are or just scratched the surface. Go look it up.
Discover 's voice, the most beautiful thing I've ever heard.
More than thirty years later I discovered that Those eyes, that mouth is song about Elea.
I'm in love!

Ceolag

Donor
Game Developer
Sep 6, 2020
ch3_preview14.png

Hey everyone,

Here we are again with a Dev Update.
My PC is currently rendering the last 5 images for the last scene before the chapter finale.
Everything else for this scene is done. The scene is written, coded, and the postwork for the rendered images is done.
I'll run my tests of that scene later today. The scenes before that are already tested.

So at the end of today, it's safe to say that Chapter 3 is its final phase of development.
Well, it already is since I started coding the final scene while waiting for the PC to catch up with the renders.

The chapter finale will take a while.
The finales of CH1 and 2 took around 5 weeks each (CH1 starts with Paul picking you up, CH2 starts with Kaija/Cianán picking you up) but the CH3 finale will take less time as it's shorter than the first 2.

After that is done it's time for the beta test, polish, add achievements, and gallery entries etc.
I expect CH3 to be released towards the end of June.
It's a rough guess and not a guaranteed release date, though.
I'll give a better estimate when the game enters beta.

91 new static renders for a total of 965. My goal for this chapter was 800-1000 so it'll be a bit more than that.
500 new lines of code for a total of 4730 lines.

That's it for today, have a nice weekend.

Cheers,
Ceolag

Ceolag

Donor
Game Developer
Sep 6, 2020
ch3_preview15.png

Hello everyone,

The tests of the last build were mostly successful. A few minor issues but no major problems.
As a result, I had some good progress with creating the chapter finale.
The scene is mostly written, coded, and has music. What's left to do is set up the remaining renders and animations for that scene.
That's probably about 25-30 renders and several animations for the final cinematic left.

After that is done, I can focus on the final tasks of wrapping up the chapter like gallery, achievements, and so on.
That usually takes place while the beta test is running.

79 additional static renders for a total of 1044
2 new animations for a total of 18
250 more lines in the script file for a total of 4978

Next week I'll probably finish the remaining static renders and set up the scene for the last cinematic.
Depending on how the assets I have in mind for that turn out I can set up a good chunk of the animations, too.

The attached image will be the last preview image for Chapter 3. So at least something is finished

Have a nice weekend, guys.
Cheers, Ceolag

4.40 star(s) 38 Votes