VN Ren'Py The Neverwhere Tales [v0.4.0] [Ceolag]

4.40 star(s) 37 Votes

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
Is the best option here taking a step back with Kaija? That way it doesnt seem like im cheating on her for the time being? Looking for opinions on it cus shes def the main LI i want to eventually end up with but would like to play the field for a bit(BUT i dont want to miss any of her H-scenes).
she lied , over years , dump her
the trust will never be the same
and she clearly put her "duty" over the mc in the end

Vleder

Dec 14, 2020
nice flashdance reference at fionas cutscene (y) :cool:
Ceolag

do i get it right that fiona is much older than we think ?
a elven girl maybe or some other "non-human"
I'm getting the feeling that Órla is not just a "dog" and so isn't Fiona (just a human, I mean)!

Ceolag,
Great update. I was feeling a bit thorn between Kaija and Elea but in the end the choice came naturally!
I was wavering after Kaija's interactions but ultimately, having Elea sharing her passion for, well, Neverwhere... somehow had it all making sense and sealed the deal. I'll still go for two different playthroughs though, something I very rarely do.
In the end felt like it was short. Take it as a compliment! I want more because I really am enjoying this story.

Another thing! Measuring by your patron numbers, feel like your work is being ridiculously undervalued. I can't change that all by myself, but I'll add to that number and expect your level of support will grow to match the level of your work.

Vleder

Dec 14, 2020
she lied , over years , dump her
the trust will never be the same
and she clearly put her "duty" over the mc in the end
It varies a little depending on the choices you take. This has been the topic of a heated discussion right after chapter 1... She can be following orders to save MC's life or she can abandon her mission to save MC's life. It doesn't erase the lie but it gives a totally different feel to the story progression...

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Hmm. Very mixed update. The character work is generally good, but the MC remains annoying and the big reveal of Neverwhere fell flat.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Oh, and one very minor thing I noticed:

tl;dr The visuals are great, the characters are fun and the story is compelling, but the MC's shortsighted and the big explanation for the setting made no sense. I want to believe, but you haven't sold me yet.

Last edited:

tatters

Jul 25, 2018
Tbh i really liking the game so far only thing i'm a little disappointed in is that you don't get to see neverwhere well sorry that's a lie you see like 2 secs of it. I thought by now you would at least get to see a little more of it.But other then that keep up the good work.

Reactions: Ceolag

micojive

Oct 2, 2017
I...dont think I like the game much right now. The girls are attractive but the GF is putting me off this game completely.

The GF has already shown to lie, "to keep him safe", but still continuing with the secrets? Fuck off with that. She says she is in love with the MC, yet she rescues him from literally death, breaks her apparent oath that is so important to her its higher than the people she cares about and she cant spend 2 mins with him? Every time the MC tries to talk, tries to be intimate she just bails.

Ill give the game one more update but if she doesnt do damn near a 180 I'm out. Finally have a MC who isnt acting like a dildo, trying to be an adult and talking about the problems and the main LI is just being a dillweed.

Last edited:
Reactions: eslamtito229

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I was thinking that i'd just stick with the girlfriend, they make a good match.

Then again Fiona exists and she's super adorable....

Also, Templar Mommy needs all the love.

IDontGetWomen

Sep 9, 2021
might be the first game i actively avoid a romance option because fuck kaiji. tbh fuck everyone that isn't the blonde and fiona, everyone else is severely hateable

Reactions: WastedTalent

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
Haha, just found the scene with Linnae in the bar. I didn't hesitate a second to answer her little history quiz. I always use the Storming of the Bastille Day as a worthy excuse to drink. You know, when your buddy asks something stupid like "dude, why are you drinking in the middle of the day on Wednesday?", I always answer that today is the Storming of the Bastille Day, and I can't spend it in vain. But thanks to this game, now I can add to my apologies that this is the big day for us Templars, and knocking over a glass or two on this day is our tradition :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Vleder and Ceolag

Ceolag

Donor
Game Developer
Sep 6, 2020
Morning, everyone :)

soooo

the mc gets attacked , nearly kidnapped
his gf is fake , she and his mother lied to him for god knows how long
(so for sure the dad too)
he gets to know there are templars , demons, elves and whatnot
aaaand his reaction : "cool story bro , i have to go to work" ?¿
.... yeah, totally believable
Don't get me wrong, I'm not arguing, just trying to explain because I failed to do so ingame, obviously.
We all deal with unexpected situations differently. Some go into full confrontation, some just accept, some deny, and some desperately try to stick to their "normal" life. Often enough it doesn't matter what exactly the new situation is. It can be the loss of a loved one. Some cry for weeks and some seem to shrug it off without any emotion.

In our case, MC tries to stick to his normal routines in a world that isn't normal anymore.
Of course, it means I failed to explain his motivations better. At least for you.

Also, you're the first who mentioned the Flashdance reference, congrats :p
The first part is actually pretty close to the sequence in the movie (at least I think so...).

Ok, I still love it.

Now just to find a way to do some broken playthrough again (crazy mix of choices that don't make any sense).

Overall, great update and definitely worth the wait...
Now...how many thousands of choice combinations are there? Hmmm, must be at least one I didn't try yet...

EDIT: Set everything under the spoiler tag, but don't think I really spoiled any game bits. Still, there it is, and warning it describes some events in chapter 3.
Uh-Oh. For guys like you, I spent several evenings on Fiona's (and Elea's) scene. :ROFLMAO: I seriously hope I found all "weird" combinations.
Especially Fiona was a headache in that regard.

I'm really happy the Fiona scene works (at least for you). It's one of the things I was worried about before the release. Will it work for the players or does it feel too forced?

Thanks for your feedback.:)

As mentioned before, Helena is a side girl. But what that means in terms of like game endings? can you end the game with the side girls? or the endings are only designed for main LI's?
sorry if already answered, I couldn't find anything.
Right now no endings for any side girl planned.

Is the best option here taking a step back with Kaija? That way it doesnt seem like im cheating on her for the time being? Looking for opinions on it cus shes def the main LI i want to eventually end up with but would like to play the field for a bit(BUT i dont want to miss any of her H-scenes).
That's exactly why there's that option. To let you keep all options. You won't miss any of her content if you chose the step back (as long as your points with her are high enough). At some point (in a future chapter) you'll need to make a decision, tho.
That's true for all LI's.

I'm getting the feeling that Órla is not just a "dog" and so isn't Fiona (just a human, I mean)!

Ceolag,
Great update. I was feeling a bit thorn between Kaija and Elea but in the end the choice came naturally!
I was wavering after Kaija's interactions but ultimately, having Elea sharing her passion for, well, Neverwhere... somehow had it all making sense and sealed the deal. I'll still go for two different playthroughs though, something I very rarely do.
In the end felt like it was short. Take it as a compliment! I want more because I really am enjoying this story.

Another thing! Measuring by your patron numbers, feel like your work is being ridiculously undervalued. I can't change that all by myself, but I'll add to that number and expect your level of support will grow to match the level of your work.
Thanks a lot, Vleder.
As I already said, I appreciate any kind of support. Posting here or chatting on my Discord already IS support.

Damn that went by fast. So is there no lewd scenes in chapter 3? Or are they mega hidden.
There is one. You need to accept Anissa's proposal in Chapter 2 (go to the bar without Helena).

Hmm. Very mixed update. The character work is generally good, but the MC remains annoying and the big reveal of Neverwhere fell flat.
Oh, and one very minor thing I noticed:

tl;dr The visuals are great, the characters are fun and the story is compelling, but the MC's shortsighted and the big explanation for the setting made no sense. I want to believe, but you haven't sold me yet.
Thanks A LOT for that long feedback.
Lots of food for thought.
Your point about Neverwhere got me thinking. Especially about how others handled it. And most of the time it's hardly explained why nobody noticed the weird things. If at all. For example the Dresden Files: the main character runs around in modern Chicago blowing up things. The reaction of the authorities? Well, we have that special police department that deals with supernatural shit. We place all kinds of people there, we can't fire them but don't want them in the "serious" departments.
Even when half of that department is shredded into pieces by a mythical creature, the authorities just go "Well, we'll replace the lost guys but we still don't believe in supernatural things."

The Nightside by Simon Green is just... there. No further explanation why the world isn't going crazy over it.

Maybe it's one of those things you just need to accept to enjoy the setting in general.
You're absolutely right, a good explanation for all of it is hard. To the point, it's probably impossible to have answers to all doubts and questions. At least I can't remember about any book series that managed to achieve that.

Nice VN so far looking forward to future updates. Thanks Ceolag.

Glad you like it. And thanks for the report. I never use auto forward and didn't have something like that happen to me.
I'll look into it.

WastedTalent

Dec 11, 2020
Morning, everyone :)

Don't get me wrong, I'm not arguing, just trying to explain because I failed to do so ingame, obviously.
We all deal with unexpected situations differently. Some go into full confrontation, some just accept, some deny, and some desperately try to stick to their "normal" life. Often enough it doesn't matter what exactly the new situation is. It can be the loss of a loved one. Some cry for weeks and some seem to shrug it off without any emotion.

In our case, MC tries to stick to his normal routines in a world that isn't normal anymore.
Of course, it means I failed to explain his motivations better. At least for you.

The first part is actually pretty close to the sequence in the movie (at least I think so...).

Uh-Oh. For guys like you, I spent several evenings on Fiona's (and Elea's) scene. :ROFLMAO: I seriously hope I found all "weird" combinations.
Especially Fiona was a headache in that regard.

I'm really happy the Fiona scene works (at least for you). It's one of the things I was worried about before the release. Will it work for the players or does it feel too forced?

Thanks for your feedback.:)

Right now no endings for any side girl planned.

That's exactly why there's that option. To let you keep all options. You won't miss any of her content if you chose the step back (as long as your points with her are high enough). At some point (in a future chapter) you'll need to make a decision, tho.
That's true for all LI's.

Thanks a lot, Vleder.
As I already said, I appreciate any kind of support. Posting here or chatting on my Discord already IS support.

There is one. You need to accept Anissa's proposal in Chapter 2 (go to the bar without Helena).

Thanks A LOT for that long feedback.
Lots of food for thought.
Your point about Neverwhere got me thinking. Especially about how others handled it. And most of the time it's hardly explained why nobody noticed the weird things. If at all. For example the Dresden Files: the main character runs around in modern Chicago blowing up things. The reaction of the authorities? Well, we have that special police department that deals with supernatural shit. We place all kinds of people there, we can't fire them but don't want them in the "serious" departments.
Even when half of that department is shredded into pieces by a mythical creature, the authorities just go "Well, we'll replace the lost guys but we still don't believe in supernatural things."

The Nightside by Simon Green is just... there. No further explanation why the world isn't going crazy over it.

Maybe it's one of those things you just need to accept to enjoy the setting in general.
You're absolutely right, a good explanation for all of it is hard. To the point, it's probably impossible to have answers to all doubts and questions. At least I can't remember about any book series that managed to achieve that.

Glad you like it. And thanks for the report. I never use auto forward and didn't have something like that happen to me.
I'll look into it.
Tbh I've lost all interest in Kaija... Not sure how she could possibly be redeemed but yeah oath, duty, any of that crap if it comes before people you are supposed to love then it's not healthy. As for anyone else involved in the cover up or deceit whatever you want to call it they can all get bent too including Dad... so hopefully there is some kind of path where the MC has real choices instead of just do this LI or side character or do that one... Either way will keep an eye on it and see what happens....

• Thinking Face
Reactions: yossa999

Mipecio

Oct 3, 2021
Great update! I really enjoyed it. Elea will always be my number one girl (that butt wiggle scene :love:), but I really liked Fiona's content in this update. Here's my favorite picture from this update:

• Red Heart
Reactions: Ceolag

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
well

i got goosebumps and the song from irene cara stuck into my head , so yeah you did really well
:love:

Reactions: yossa999
4.40 star(s) 37 Votes