VN Ren'Py The Neverwhere Tales [v0.4.0] [Ceolag]

4.40 star(s) 38 Votes

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Not a bit silly, actually.
If the MC is in a relationship at the start of game, I usually try to stay faithful, and if they are having problems trying to save the relationship. Granted, I haven't run into that many games like that, but it's what I usually do. As long as the girlfriend isn't completely toxic.
I normally hate forced LIs. I usually try and kick them to the curb asap.

Reactions: qaywsx

Jarulf

Aug 9, 2020
I normally hate forced LIs. I usually try and kick them to the curb asap.
So cold hearted :eek:
For me it really depends on the game and how much I self-insert, I guess. I don't generally mind, though I totally get why many do. In away, my approach differs between games, sometimes I want the freedom to make my choices, sometimes I'm ok with being more of a passive spectator.

Reactions: Dark Silence

Hildegardt

Oct 18, 2017
Mainly, I was just talkin' about how the story seemed when trying to play it a certain way. That could just be due to that playthru going against my true instinct.
I think I agree that the exclusive paths are a little weird atm, but I don't think the game is trying to push the PC away from Kaija. The Elea path seems just as weird to me. I think the issue is that every single main character is a LI, so the PC is getting very very close to multiple women just by following the main plot, even if you play him as madly in love with just one of them.
For example, if you want to max out the Kaija path, you have to commit to her from the very start of the game, which retroactively changes her backstory into a happy couple. But this makes all the interactions with the other women seem like borderline cheating imo, whether you plan to actually cheat or not.
Especially Elea is always very close to the PC, to the point where she had to reject the PC's advances in the last update, if you were on the Kaija path and told her about it.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
So cold hearted :eek:
For me it really depends on the game and how much I self-insert, I guess. I don't generally mind, though I totally get why many do. In away, my approach differs between games, sometimes I want the freedom to make my choices, sometimes I'm ok with being more of a passive spectator.
I don't consider it being cold hearted. It's more a hot blooded reaction to being forced to be with someone. Just not my thing. But if Kaija turns out to be a good path, even if she's a slow burn, I'll probably stick with her.

Jarulf

Aug 9, 2020
I don't consider it being cold hearted. It's more a hot blooded reaction to being forced to be with someone. Just not my thing. But if Kaija turns out t
I was just joking, really hope that was clear. We all play games differently, interpret what we see and read a little differently, and react differently. Which makes it interesting.

Reactions: Dark Silence

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
I think I agree that the exclusive paths are a little weird atm, but I don't think the game is trying to push the PC away from Kaija. The Elea path seems just as weird to me. I think the issue is that every single main character is a LI, so the PC is getting very very close to multiple women just by following the main plot, even if you play him as madly in love with just one of them.
For example, if you want to max out the Kaija path, you have to commit to her from the very start of the game, which retroactively changes her backstory into a happy couple. But this makes all the interactions with the other women seem like borderline cheating imo, whether you plan to actually cheat or not.
Especially Elea is always very close to the PC, to the point where she had to reject the PC's advances in the last update, if you were on the Kaija path and told her about it.
I think you're right and this is one of the reasons I have a hard time with stories that start out with a girlfriend in place. All this "getting to know you" stuff and flirting feels out of place. I usually just ditch the girlfriend (if it's an option) and move on because I'm not into that particular brand of drama. In this case, I started that way then second guessed myself and things just seemed even more weird. I'll take a break from it and start over at the next update to see if I get fresh perspective. I haven't given up on a Kaija path because I think it will be strange to explore Neverwhere with her otherwise. Maybe that's where Fiona will come into play more fully. Right now she just feels like an intriguing, chance, out of place meeting that didn't happen by chance... hehe

Reactions: Hildegardt

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Damn it! I realized I missed out on a point with Kaija. Now I have to reload and get it back. Ceolag not cool! If you add in a choice to spank someone, I have to take it. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Ceolag

Ceolag

Donor
Game Developer
Sep 6, 2020
Damn it! I realized I missed out on a point with Kaija. Now I have to reload and get it back. Ceolag not cool! If you add in a choice to spank someone, I have to take it. :ROFLMAO:
Sorry :ROFLMAO:

Because I read it a few times now: storywise there's no need to get every single point.
All main parts are triggered by having ~75% or more of the available points.
For example, Elea's kiss in CH3 has a requirement of 15 or more. 20 points are max at that time.

In general, that's true for all main girls. Higher reqs are usually just an additional line of text or other minor details (and they're pretty rare).
Exceptions are the achievements, although I'm already considering lowering the required points for future achievements.
I don't want to force you to search for that "last point".

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Sorry :ROFLMAO:

Because I read it a few times now: storywise there's no need to get every single point.
All main parts are triggered by having ~75% or more of the available points.
For example, Elea's kiss in CH3 has a requirement of 15 or more. 20 points are max at that time.

In general, that's true for all main girls. Higher reqs are usually just an additional line of text or other minor details (and they're pretty rare).
Exceptions are the achievements, although I'm already considering lowering the required points for future achievements.
I don't want to force you to search for that "last point".
Understood. I just decided to try and get every point with her that I can, for this run. I do plan on doing more than one run, but Kaija is my main. I picked her solely from the screenshot. lol motseer called it.

MBKL.gif

nitkonikic

Sep 17, 2018
This has got to be one of the hidden gems atm. Love the branching storylines. Some arrive at the same point but still branches out. I'm intrigued! Rooting for more of this VN now!​
Welcome, welcome.
Kaija fan discussion is on even calendar dates, Kaija hate discussion is on odd calendar dates.
Supposedly there are other girls in this VN, but they're considered off topic, so we don't talk about them (Elea <3)

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Jesus H. Christ! Now Ceolag is really trying to fuck with me. First giving us an option to spank someone and now a girl with a side-shave. What's next? A child-hood friend? I'm fucked for staying loyal to Kaija... I'm... totally... fucked. Thanks. Totally.

• Haha
Reactions: Tulrek and motseer
4.40 star(s) 38 Votes