VN Ren'Py The Neverwhere Tales [v0.4.0] [Ceolag]

4.40 star(s) 38 Votes

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Just starting ch2. So, we're the son of a high-ranking Templar Knight? Aren't the Knights Templar the bad guys? I mean sure they were the good guys at one time. But didn't they become bad guys? Or am I mixing lores again?

• Haha
Reactions: motseer

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
Just starting ch2. So, we're the son of a high-ranking Templar Knight? Aren't the Knights Templar the bad guys? I mean sure they were the good guys at one time. But didn't they become bad guys? Or am I mixing lores again?

No. You must be thinking of the knights from another VN. If you are paying attention, these ones will tell you they are the good guys themselves. So, it must be true. Right? msutbe.jpg

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
No. You must be thinking of the knights from another VN. If you are paying attention, these ones will tell you they are the good guys themselves. So, it must be true. Right? View attachment 2723132
Even looking at history, they turned away from the church, which in all honesty, I did also. I was raised Roman Catholic. But that's not here or there. Also, think about the AC games. The Knights Templar are the bad guys. They turned the the Dark Arts and were in league with demons, witches and the like. I don't trust them and if we get a chance, I may change sides. :ROFLMAO:

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
Even looking at history, they turned away from the church, which in all honesty, I did also. I was raised Roman Catholic. But that's not here or there. Also, think about the AC games. The Knights Templar are the bad guys. They turned the the Dark Arts and were in league with demons, witches and the like. I don't trust them and if we get a chance, I may change sides. :ROFLMAO:
I suspect that could be possible... at this point it seems like muddy waters. MC better get tooled up quick. At least two sides are not playing nice and another has issues with the truth.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
I suspect that could be possible... at this point it seems like muddy waters. MC better get tooled up quick. At least two sides are not playing nice and another has issues with the truth.
I'm not a fan and hopefully we'll have choices in this regard.

Think that's open to debate in this VN.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Well, that might be true. Their minds are clouded with heroism and don't see themselves as the bad guys. But what villain ever does? I don't mind playing a bad guy, but joining up with a group like them, isn't my idea of a fun time. That's like joining a gang, sure they've got your back as long as you don't step out of line, or question things too much. Any way, I do hope Ceolag gives us choices on this. If not, it's all good. Am still enjoying the game.

Ceolag

Donor
Game Developer
Sep 6, 2020

Well, that might be true. Their minds are clouded with heroism and don't see themselves as the bad guys. But what villain ever does? I don't mind playing a bad guy, but joining up with a group like them, isn't my idea of a fun time. That's like joining a gang, sure they've got your back as long as you don't step out of line, or question things too much. Any way, I do hope Ceolag gives us choices on this. If not, it's all good. Am still enjoying the game.
I usually avoid answering story-related questions because of spoilers but this has been brought up a few times now.
So I'll answer as vague as possible: I'm not going to force MC into any faction.

Historically speaking, it was more like the Church turning away from the Templars :)
AC wasn't the inspiration for my Templars btw.

Tulrek

Oct 25, 2020

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
I usually avoid answering story-related questions because of spoilers but this has been brought up a few times now.
So I'll answer as vague as possible: I'm not going to force MC into any faction.

Historically speaking, it was more like the Church turning away from the Templars :)
Sounds good to me. Hopefully there are choices on factions later. Not a big deal if not. I may not be a fan of the Templars, but I'm a fan of the game itself.

Hostorically speaking, it can be explained that way. But I prefer it the other way. As there is historic evidence to prove that at least 1 Templar sanctum had sigils and symbols to prove heresy. But with that said, I will also say that being raised Roman Catholic, it's better to be known as a heretic than a mindless sheep.

• Haha
Reactions: Ceolag

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
I haven't met her yet, I don't think. But there are a few women I've met and, since I'm pushing hard to gain all points for Kaija, that I never got their names. After I finish this run though, I'm going to do a few other solo saves. Since Ceolag is kind of being a meaner and adding in several other girls that are my types. lol

• Haha
Reactions: Ceolag
Sep 3, 2020

for me, I don't like joining any sides because it turns out that both sides are wrong

I do like to stick to my own moral code

I don't care if someone is a vampire-human or Elf I'm going to judge them by their actions

and not by what kind of creature they are

or because somebody tells me they're bad

in everything, there are good and bad

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
I really like the Kaija love path
I think it's going to be Interesting to see how the mc reacts with her in the next few updates
She hurt him deeply and I think he is still coming to terms with that.
I think he feels he can't trust her and that upsets him
She was supposed to be the one person he could trust the most

Of course, I think that will make their reunion all the more special.
I like when devs focus on story and let the sexy times flow from that imo
It makes the scenes way hotter

CrazyRabbit

Engaged Member
Oct 30, 2019
for me, I don't like joining any sides because it turns out that both sides are wrong

I do like to stick to my own moral code

I don't care if someone is a vampire-human or Elf I'm going to judge them by their actions

and not by what kind of creature they are

or because somebody tells me they're bad

in everything, there are good and bad
As for me, I follow the best booty. Remember the words of the wise : "The greater the booty, the more righteous is thy path that follows it."
Or something like that.

4.40 star(s) 38 Votes