VN Ren'Py The Neverwhere Tales [v0.4.0] [Ceolag]

4.40 star(s) 38 Votes

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Man, I'm so jelly you Fiona fans got to take her on a nice romantic date.
And over here my mc's girlfriend won't even stay in his room.
Although I do understand the mc's trepidation with her
And I love slow burn relationships in these games
It makes the pay off way better.

Honestly their relationship storyline is my favourite part about the game
Still, that doesn't stop the jelly.

• Haha
Reactions: Dark Silence

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Man, I'm so jelly you Fiona fans got to take her on a nice romantic date.
And over here my mc's girlfriend won't even stay in his room.
Although I do understand the mc's trepidation with her
And I love slow burn relationships in these games
It makes the pay off way better.

Honestly their relationship storyline is my favourite part about the game
Still, that doesn't stop the jelly.
You could always make a Fiona save. :p

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Fiona is my second save playthrough.

To be honest, Kaija only just pipped Fiona for my number 1 slot because I need to see how her story plays out. Not just with the MC, I want to know what made her like she is and what happened in her childhood to fuck her up so much.

Fiona is in a very similar pot with a backstory I want to know more but Kaija's interests me a little bit more.

CrazyRabbit

Engaged Member
Oct 30, 2019
Fiona is my second save playthrough.

To be honest, Kaija only just pipped Fiona for my number 1 slot because I need to see how her story plays out. Not just with the MC, I want to know what made her like she is and what happened in her childhood to fuck her up so much.

Fiona is in a very similar pot with a backstory I want to know more but Kaija's interests me a little bit more.
Same all the way.

Medb is the unknown ; will she be something else than a colossal jerk ? Will her story and plot be more than a defrosting Ice jerk ? Can her water magic be use to jerk off MC ? Is Medb her real name or is it Jerk McUnpleasant ?
So many mysteries already

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
I might In the future
But then that would mean no Kaija
I don't know if I can bring myself to do any other path lol
I gave it a try, Joshy92. But staying faithfully on the Kaija path and going for all her points requires missing half or all of the content for nearly every other female in the story. I get trying for alternate routes but this is a bit extreme. If you are hard on Kaija and go along with "taking a step back" all that other content opens up. It's almost like the dev is encouraging the "break up" path - at least in the early stage of the story.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
I gave it a try, Joshy92. But staying faithfully on the Kaija path and going for all her points requires missing half or all of the content for nearly every other female in the story. I get trying for alternate routes but this is a bit extreme. If you are hard on Kaija and go along with "taking a step back" all that other content opens up. It's almost like the dev is encouraging the "break up" path - at least in the early stage of the story.
I know it sounds silly bit when I choose a girl in a VN I stay with that choice throughout the whole game.
I also think Kaija is the most interesting character
I just think she need a nice romantic date & a big cuddle
and she will open up more to the mc

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
I know it sounds silly bit when I choose a girl in a VN I stay with that choice throughout the whole game.
I also think Kaija is the most interesting character
I just think she need a nice romantic date & a big cuddle
and she will open up more to the mc
No, that doesn't sound silly. I do it as well; depending on the game. First playthrough I just follow personal preference and instinct to see where it goes. In this case that ended dabbling in a possible relationship with Elea and Fiona after rejecting Kaija. This last update gave me the idea that I may have judged Kaija too harshly and, after reading a lot of the comments along with your enthusiastic support for Kaija, I decided to do a new playthrough and stick to the Kaija path only. Dunno... It just felt like the story itself tries to push the MC away from her.

Reactions: Joshy92

Hildegardt

Oct 18, 2017
I don't think that's true. I'm pretty sure I've got Kaija and Fiona maxed and I'm only missing one single Elea point and one point with the elf. What can happen is getting like two points substracted, if you commit to Kaija and then cheat on her, but you don't miss any content because of that.
You always have to choose between a few scenes and miss some content, even if you are on all of the paths. Like dancing at the club with Elea or the one-night stand with the woman from the bar from the last update. Or either training with Kaija or meeting Linnea at the bar this update. Or either going on a shopping trip with the woman from the one-night stand or the date with Fiona.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
No, that doesn't sound silly. I do it as well; depending on the game. First playthrough I just follow personal preference and instinct to see where it goes. In this case that ended dabbling in a possible relationship with Elea and Fiona after rejecting Kaija. This last update gave me the idea that I may have judged Kaija too harshly and, after reading a lot of the comments along with your enthusiastic support for Kaija, I decided to do a new playthrough and stick to the Kaija path only. Dunno... It just felt like the story itself tries to push the MC away from her.
I've barely started this and I really know nothing and chose the girl from a screenshot. lol So, we'll see how I get on with Kaija.

• Haha
Reactions: motseer

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
I actually think her path will get better when the mc can start trusting her again
It's just at the moment he doesn't or can't trust her and that upsets him greatly imo.

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
I don't think that's true. I'm pretty sure I've got Kaija and Fiona maxed and I'm only missing one single Elea point and one point with the elf. What can happen is getting like two points substracted, if you commit to Kaija and then cheat on her, but you don't miss any content because of that.
You always have to choose between a few scenes and miss some content, even if you are on all of the paths. Like dancing at the club with Elea or the one-night stand with the woman from the bar from the last update. Or either training with Kaija or meeting Linnea at the bar this update. Or either going on a shopping trip with the woman from the one-night stand or the date with Fiona.
Well... you are actually making my point - which was the consequence of following an exclusive and faithful playthru with Kaija as the LI. You can't really do that and still maintain "friendly" interaction with the others. You start losing points for it. A good example is going on the date with Fiona. You lose points even if you "go as just friends". You can't have the conversation at the bar with Linnea and still train with Kaija. You just miss all that content. Which in the case of Linnea is just information gathering and getting acquainted. IRL things like this would send me on down the road. Jus' Sayin'

I understand what you are saying about just sacrificing a couple points and pursuing the others. You don't even have to cheat on her to do so. Just be pissed at her actions and dip your toes in the water so to speak. She will suggest "taking a step back" either way; which feels a bit disingenuous to me.

All in all it feels like the story promotes the distrust and the uneasy feeling that Kaija never "really" loved MC even when you try to stick with her.

Just my opinion.

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
Hehe Just stick with the whole "Dark Silence" thing. Chicks love that brooding, mysterious aura of tragic tales. Just don't tell them yours all come from cartoons. hehehe... I crack me up... Seriously, though, it's not so much about depth of character as persistence!
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

• Haha
Reactions: Dark Silence

Hildegardt

Oct 18, 2017
Well... you are actually making my point - which was the consequence of following an exclusive and faithful playthru with Kaija as the LI. You can't really do that and still maintain "friendly" interaction with the others. You start losing points for it. A good example is going on the date with Fiona. You lose points even if you "go as just friends".
No, you don't. You only lose points if you commit to Kaija and then cheat on her, as I said. You only lose points, if you arrange the training session, but then do something else instead, like go on a real date with Fiona.
You can't have the conversation at the bar with Linnea and still train with Kaija. You just miss all that content.
Yes, but, as I said, this is true whether you're on Kaija's path or not. You always have to choose between a few scenes. Another example is the fact that you never even meet the woman from the one-night stand, if you go dancing with Elea.

Sorry for repeating myself.

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
No, you don't. You only lose points if you commit to Kaija and then cheat on her, as I said. You only lose points, if you arrange the training session, but then do something else instead, like go on a real date with Fiona.

Yes, but, as I said, this is true whether you're on Kaija's path or not. You always have to choose between a few scenes. Another example is the fact that you never even meet the woman from the one-night stand, if you go dancing with Elea.

Sorry for repeating myself.
It's fine. I may have misremembered that first part. Mainly, I was just talkin' about how the story seemed when trying to play it a certain way. That could just be due to that playthru going against my true instinct. No matter... good stories often spark a bit of debate. Thanks for your input. Cheers M8.

Jarulf

Aug 9, 2020
Not a bit silly, actually.
If the MC is in a relationship at the start of game, I usually try to stay faithful, and if they are having problems trying to save the relationship. Granted, I haven't run into that many games like that, but it's what I usually do. As long as the girlfriend isn't completely toxic.

4.40 star(s) 38 Votes