VN Ren'Py The Neverwhere Tales [v0.4.0] [Ceolag]

4.40 star(s) 38 Votes

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
At this point, knowing Medb is a potential LI has no meaning. She's an antagonist with a "soft spot" for humans. Why would the MC be romantically interested in her?
Is she the antagonist? shure she has an hostile behavior but the real Antagonist is yet to be seen, as I interpreted the whole story, the elfen and the Templars are played by an 3 party and much probably that even one of the Templars is a rotten egg, (I suspect either William, or Phil,) and what benefit have the Elfen from taking out the Templar Order? just imagine what if Medb got killed by an Human sword asumed to be in possesion of the Templars? the War between them will be ferocious, and both partys will be weakend after hence Neverwhere, and Earth are vulnerable and ready to take over,
Fiona and Eleas path will be developed in next update as far as I understood.

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
Yep, I figured... Still, it was a question just begging to be asked. Jus' Sayin' :cool:
I also agree that this story is a LOT better without multiple LI's. Kaija's story is relevant to the plot, the others, not. They are pretty, sure, nothing against pretty girls, but since they are only part of the story IF you are on their path, they are superfluous when you can only have ONE.

Ceolag sorry to bud in on your domain, but this story of yours would be much better if focused on one LI. This attempt to spread the story on several paths, "forcing" players to replay to get everything, is NOT working. I for one will not replay, and if I feel that the story is being kept from me because of that, will simply nuke this instead.

I understand that you are running away from being considered another Harem game, because... stuff and things... but tying content to paths will kill it even faster, if you "force" a single path, that path has to be complete, no matter what. Or are you trying to make players feel cheated? I am sure you're not, so, maybe give it a think.

I know that multiple LI's only exist for the illusion of choice, to make players think that they are relevant (Newsflash: They're not. They are being led by the dick all along, even those that don't have one). All these fake "choices" that in fact change nothing, are just a smoke curtain. Because if the choices did mean anything, you would be cheating the players of content and they would be pissed if they found out that. So, why give your self extra work? Choose one of the girls, doesn't much matter which one, forget the others, since you made all that irrelevant to the player by forcing only one path. Why? To make them replay? You don't get anything from it. The players get a re-heated story with nothing else but some different renders for flavor. In the end, you wasted time and effort that could have made the game better if it was only one LI. My profoundly sincere 2 cents.

Peace :)

• Thinking Face
Reactions: motseer and xapican

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
@Ceolag sorry to bud in on your domain, but this story of yours would be much better if focused on one LI. This attempt to spread the story on several paths, "forcing" players to replay to get everything, is NOT working. I for one will not replay, and if I feel that the story is being kept from me because of that, will simply nuke this instead.
I totally disagree. If Ceolag did that, he would lose a lot of fans. Each player has a diifferent opinion on Kaija. I personally thought she was great, until, she wasn't. So, taking away any of the current LIs would result in him shooting himself in the foot. Just my 2cents on the matter.

e6mill

Aug 4, 2022
Elea and Fiona are completely superfluous to the main story. I like both characters but there is no reason for them to be more than friends other than the fact they are hot.
Fiona knows things. She and her fam are going to figure in later my psychic powers are telling me. And she's not merely hot, she a hot REDHEAD, get it right. :p

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
Is she the antagonist? shure she has an hostile behavior but the real Antagonist is yet to be seen, as I interpreted the whole story, the elfen and the Templars are played by an 3 party and much probably that even one of the Templars is a rotten egg, (I suspect either William, or Phil,) and what benefit have the Elfen from taking out the Templar Order? just imagine what if Medb got killed by an Human sword asumed to be in possesion of the Templars? the War between them will be ferocious, and both partys will be weakend after hence Neverwhere, and Earth are vulnerable and ready to take over...
No doubt there are twists and turns coming down the road. Something pretty major will need to happen for there to be a possibility for Medb and MC to get together. I'm just pointing out that, as of the end of chapter 4, Medb is definitely still antagonistic and the MC has been pressured to make decisions about the future of his relationship with Kaija. Heh, talk about your dark horse... Jus' Sayin' :cool:

Fiona and Eleas path will be developed in next update as far as I understood.
There's been some foreshadowing that one or both may be more than meets the eye. Frankly, as I said before, I really like both characters but, also as I said before, the isn't a reason for either of them to be more than friends (other than hotness) as of the chapter 4 ending. Again, they are starting from way behind. Why bother; other than to give the reader a "choice" that isn't Kaija?

I also agree that this story is a LOT better without multiple LI's. Kaija's story is relevant to the plot, the others, not. They are pretty, sure, nothing against pretty girls, but since they are only part of the story IF you are on their path, they are superfluous when you can only have ONE.

Ceolag sorry to bud in on your domain, but this story of yours would be much better if focused on one LI. This attempt to spread the story on several paths, "forcing" players to replay to get everything, is NOT working. I for one will not replay, and if I feel that the story is being kept from me because of that, will simply nuke this instead.

I understand that you are running away from being considered another Harem game, because... stuff and things... but tying content to paths will kill it even faster, if you "force" a single path, that path has to be complete, no matter what. Or are you trying to make players feel cheated? I am sure you're not, so, maybe give it a think.

I know that multiple LI's only exist for the illusion of choice, to make players think that they are relevant (Newsflash: They're not. They are being led by the dick all along, even those that don't have one). All these fake "choices" that in fact change nothing, are just a smoke curtain. Because if the choices did mean anything, you would be cheating the players of content and they would be pissed if they found out that. So, why give your self extra work? Choose one of the girls, doesn't much matter which one, forget the others, since you made all that irrelevant to the player by forcing only one path. Why? To make them replay? You don't get anything from it. The players get a re-heated story with nothing else but some different renders for flavor. In the end, you wasted time and effort that could have made the game better if it was only one LI. My profoundly sincere 2 cents.

Peace :)
Heh, dunno if I agree with ALL o' dat but, I definitely agree that the story is better (at least for me) as an epic romantic adventure with MC and Kaija shoulder to shoulder.

I totally disagree. If Ceolag did that, he would lose a lot of fans. Each player has a diifferent opinion on Kaija. I personally thought she was great, until, she wasn't. So, taking away any of the current LIs would result in him shooting himself in the foot. Just my 2cents on the matter.
Nah, you just like to disagree...:devilish:

Fiona knows things. She and her fam are going to figure in later my psychic powers are telling me. And she's not merely hot, she a hot REDHEAD, get it right. :p
Yep, I'd say your psychic radar has locked on...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

• Haha
Reactions: Dark Silence

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
Yeah, it's probably too late for this title... ah well... another one that I'll get only 1/4 of the story... fuck it, my well being is more important.

Peace :(

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
Yeah, it's probably too late for this title... ah well... another one that I'll get only 1/4 of the story... fuck it, my well being is more important.

Peace :(
Don't let it bum ya out, FG. Just think about all them beauties that truly love you over at Grandma's.

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
View attachment 3159560 *This message has been brought to you by "FARL" (Fappers Against Reaction Limitations ͒ )*
͒ This variation is a mock-protest against not being able to put entire sentences, links, and other such things in a simple click reaction.
I know, right?

You find out your neighbour has a harem of 19yo college girls...when you thought they were single and celibate...

Wow...you're a dark horse aren't you.
No, that's called "living next door to motseer". Jus' Sayin':cool:

• Haha
Reactions: Maviarab

lorkdubo

Aug 19, 2022
That would depend on what score you get in first chapter lol.

In my first playthrough i apprently did alot of worngs with Kaija, so i ended up truely hating her for being a whore and a liar, she never had any feelings for MC in a romantic way and she only saw MC as a friend, but got paied to have sex with him which made her a whore for years, one hell of a backstab if you ask me, MC wasting years on a relationship that would never get anywhere and i sure dident want to ever trust her again.....

Second playthrough was alot better when i got my 5 points with her, then i could see her having potential as the ideal girlfriend, but got close to quiting game after first playthrough and only one chapter lol.
From my understanding, MC and Kaija have known each other since they were children and they are each other first love. The organization did nudge Kaija to develop a relationship with MC as she was the closest to him but from my understanding, it was fated to happen. They have been with each other since they were teens right?
I don't see what people think so badly of Kaija about.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
From my understanding, MC and Kaija have known each other since they were children and they are each other first love. The organization did nudge Kaija to develop a relationship with MC as she was the closest to him but from my understanding, it was fated to happen. They have been with each other since they were teens right?
I don't see what people think so badly of Kaija about.
They didn't 'nudge' her at all. It was basically her MO....get close..become friend...stick as close as you can. Their whole entire relationship...is...a...lie. Ava (God bless her...I love her to bits) made some comments. Their entire relationship is based on a lie. Sure she can try and use the whole puppy dog sad eyes excuse of I fell in love with you but she has been lying for their entire relationship...from being children. And some wonder why some of us want nothing to do with her or anyone related to her and the good ole Temp's? (who as an aside, seem to be fucking useless as an organisation..I'll ask again, why are the Elves actually bothered? Doesn't seem like the Templars could stop a fucking blind man from raiding the godamn biscuit barrel).

Her whole life as been the Templars. She was groomed in the Templars to be the MC's bodyguard. This isn't some shit like has been said about gov workers. Generally, wives of gov workers KNOW who they are married to and understand that 'shop talk' is off the table. They KNOW their other half cannot discuss work.

This is nothing like that. Kaija from being a kid was groomed and raised as a Templar, with the specific MO to look after the MC. Damn fucking right I'd want nothing to do with someone who's lied to me for the better part of going on for 15 to 20 years. Is anyone here actually sane and stable enough to understand the number one killer of any relationship? Trust...or to be more precise, a lack of it....right along with keeping secrets.

Which leads us to: Daddy dearest is apparantly soooooooooo fuuuuuuucking important in the world....could face any number of political and inter species problems....yeah...let's keep that shit a secret from our son...because you know...no one would ever think of getting to him to use against us...would they? Right? right....guys? Now, from a story perspective, you can have opinions on that...from a perspective of being all hey secret crazy dangerous society that almost got me fucking killed because of your secrets....want me to help you now...rescue the ole man...help you fix your shit?....

Yeah no...I'll be on my way thanks...and btw...keep the ex with you...bye.

Last edited:

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
You're mostly right. Not this time. I loved Kaija at the start, but it slowly went down hill. By the end of .3, I was just done with her. Also, the Templars can burn for all I care. I haven't finished this update, but I hope we have get a choice to say fuck them.
She definitely stirs emotions; a well contrived character - either way. I hated her almost immediately. Kaija to the rescue? Kiss my ass you lyin' bitch. By chapter 3 (I think) I was starting over and had no interest in anyone else. That's sayin' a lot 'cause you know me, man. Usually, I'm in the "fuck 'em all, the thick, the short and tall" camp.

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
You find out your neighbour has a harem of 19yo college girls...when you thought they were single and celibate...
Wow...you're a dark horse aren't you.
horny-face.gif mischievous-emoji.gif *This message has been brought to you by "FARL" (Fappers Against Reaction Limits)*
No, that's called "living next door to motseer". Jus' Sayin':cool:

A "dark horse" is a horse track betting term. It is the same as a "long shot". Odds are against them winning.
That is a nice phrase thankx for explaining I liked it and it makes sense

Reactions: motseer

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
She definitely stirs emotions; a well contrived character - either way. I hated her almost immediately. Kaija to the rescue? Kiss my ass you lyin' bitch. By chapter 3 (I think) I was starting over and had not interest in anyone else. That's sayin' a lot 'cause you know me, man. Usually, I'm in the "fuck 'em all, the thick, the short and tall" camp.
And you know me. I usually stick with the first girl that I love. But as the story went on, I just couldn't deal with the lies and the bullshit. People kept telling me that her and the family did what was best for the MC. Total bullshit in my opinion. Lying and hiding shit from someone you supposedly love? Fuck that. THAT is always the WRONG thing to do. My opinion of course.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
And you know me. I usually stick with the first girl that I love. But as the story went on, I just couldn't deal with the lies and the bullshit. People kept telling me that her and the family did what was best for the MC. Total bullshit in my opinion. Lying and hiding shit from someone you supposedly love? Fuck that. THAT is always the WRONG thing to do. My opinion of course.
Edited my above post. So to add here also....especially when said lies and secrets (from gf and daddy dearest and momma) could possibly get you fucking killed because you're completely clueless to what's happening!

4.40 star(s) 38 Votes