VN Ren'Py The Neverwhere Tales [v0.4.0] [Ceolag]

4.40 star(s) 38 Votes

Slick Bean

Sep 9, 2023
Well .. you have parents who get to CHOOSE THE BETHROTHED FOR THEIR LITTLE PRINCE,
much like it is in all the monarchy game of thrones diggs at every nepotism run household out there.
For some of us players, it will push us further away from her and the parents
Yoiu loved G0T and the House of the dragons INCEST ARRANGED MARRIAGES BONANZA,
you would better like this game also - such plot is all the rage as of late.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Well .. you have parents who get to CHOOSE THE BETHROTHED FOR THEIR LITTLE PRINCE,
much like it is in all the monarchy game of thrones diggs at every nepotism run household out there.

Yoiu loved G0T and the House of the dragons INCEST ARRANGED MARRIAGES BONANZA,
you would better like this game also - such plot is all the rage as of late.
I've never watched either of those. So, no. I don't love them.

• Haha
Reactions: motseer and xapican

fishbrain

Engaged Member
Apr 9, 2018
I don't usually get into the fantasy world games but this one has a really nice mix of content and doesn't bore you into a coma. I hadn't played Ch 3 yet but played 3 and 4 yesterday and I am loving it. Can not wait to plant my seed deep in Medb and have some hybrid babies.

Ceolag

Donor
Game Developer
Sep 6, 2020
Hey everyone,

had a busy weekend so it took me some time to react and answer. If I missed a question, feel free to bring it up.

I also agree that this story is a LOT better without multiple LI's. Kaija's story is relevant to the plot, the others, not. They are pretty, sure, nothing against pretty girls, but since they are only part of the story IF you are on their path, they are superfluous when you can only have ONE.

Ceolag sorry to bud in on your domain, but this story of yours would be much better if focused on one LI. This attempt to spread the story on several paths, "forcing" players to replay to get everything, is NOT working. I for one will not replay, and if I feel that the story is being kept from me because of that, will simply nuke this instead.

I understand that you are running away from being considered another Harem game, because... stuff and things... but tying content to paths will kill it even faster, if you "force" a single path, that path has to be complete, no matter what. Or are you trying to make players feel cheated? I am sure you're not, so, maybe give it a think.

I know that multiple LI's only exist for the illusion of choice, to make players think that they are relevant (Newsflash: They're not. They are being led by the dick all along, even those that don't have one). All these fake "choices" that in fact change nothing, are just a smoke curtain. Because if the choices did mean anything, you would be cheating the players of content and they would be pissed if they found out that. So, why give your self extra work? Choose one of the girls, doesn't much matter which one, forget the others, since you made all that irrelevant to the player by forcing only one path. Why? To make them replay? You don't get anything from it. The players get a re-heated story with nothing else but some different renders for flavor. In the end, you wasted time and effort that could have made the game better if it was only one LI. My profoundly sincere 2 cents.

Peace :)
I quoted you for the "why multiple LI's part". I know it came up in several comments. :)
Why I have multiple LI's? Because I didn't want to force Kaija on everybody. I knew some will wholeheartedly dislike her.
And they all have a backstory I'd like to tell, characters I'd like to explore. That doesn't mean you need to like that, of course. ;)

For the story: The main story will work with all LI's. Hell, it should even work with no LI chosen and just banging every side girl you can find.
The main story won't be tied to LI-exclusive content. Their backgrounds/stories will be.

I know some people don't want to replay everything just to get the LI-exclusive content, but hey... at least I don't hinder the CTRL replays with stupid minigames and freeroams.:LOL:

Will the steam version have achievements when it launches?
Yes, the same achievements that are already ingame. I'll make them Steam achievements for the Steam version.

You're right. The game is inconsistent:
View attachment 3160599
It is inconsistent. Mind you, English is not my native language, and for whatever reason, 10+ is "teens" in my head.
I know it's not but stupid brain likes to brainfart from time to time.
It wasn't really a problem until I added the flashback so it kinda went unnoticed.
Will change the teen phrase with a later update :)

So, I loaded up the last update and I was correct. That entire flashback wasn't there. It's a recent addition. So, still not pertinent for me. I applaud Ceolag's attempt at trying to make it harder to dump Kaija and easier to forgive her and the MC's parents. For some of us players, it will push us further away from her and the parents. Just my 2cents.
The reason for the flashback was to show a bit of their past. It goes back to Kaio Crisis's idea earlier in the thread.
And yes, it got added with Chapter 4 (it's even in the changelog ;)).
I tried to keep it as neutral as possible. I didn't want to push anyone in any direction, neither toward Kaija nor away from her.
Given the fact some love her more and some hate her more because of the flashback, I guess I was at least partially successful.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
It is inconsistent. Mind you, English is not my native language, and for whatever reason, 10+ is "teens" in my head.
I know it's not but stupid brain likes to brainfart from time to time.
It wasn't really a problem until I added the flashback so it kinda went unnoticed.
Will change the teen phrase with a later update :)

The reason for the flashback was to show a bit of their past. It goes back to @Kaio Crisis's idea earlier in the thread.
And yes, it got added with Chapter 4 (it's even in the changelog ;)).
I tried to keep it as neutral as possible. I didn't want to push anyone in any direction, neither toward Kaija nor away from her.
Given the fact some love her more and some hate her more because of the flashback, I guess I was at least partially successful.
Thanks for clarifying. Good job on the flashback. That will seal the deal for both sides of the Kaija debate. Both for her and against her. Good job nonetheless.

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
Bolek i Lolek? Cheech Marin Chet Pussy from the "Titty Twister" Bar?
You gotta be kidding me!

Nov 9, 2020
so far im enjoying the game and really like the renders. im at the point where im at the park with elea and we ran into fiona. only thing I can even come close to complaining about is the smoothness of some scenes. I know there isnt a harem in the game but I honestly want all the ladies lol.

Tulrek

Oct 25, 2020
so far im enjoying the game and really like the renders. im at the point where im at the park with elea and we ran into fiona. only thing I can even come close to complaining about is the smoothness of some scenes. I know there isnt a harem in the game but I honestly want all the ladies lol.
Welcome !
1702238405112.png

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023
I only found this game a couple of days ago. Loving the story and game except being stuck with the deceiving piece of shit Kaija. You have an entire order of warriors and you get stuck with the last person you should have to work with, it doesn't make much sense. I don't suppose I can send her off to have a root canal or something. The other girls all seem pretty awesome so far.

Ceolag

Donor
Game Developer
Sep 6, 2020
This and the reference to "Pari e dispari" make it one of my favorite games on this site
Bolek i Lolek? Cheech Marin Chet Pussy from the "Titty Twister" Bar?
You gotta be kidding me!

Nope, I spilled my "Mate" tea as I read Lolek and Bolek, childhood memories :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: and the Tarantino reference was hilarious !
You guys are awesome.
I mean the main reason I put that stuff in is for my own shits and giggles. I didn't really expect anyone to recognize a reference to a Spencer/Hill movie, let alone to Bolek and Lolek. :ROFLMAO:

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
Ceolag; just to refresh memory, how I understood the next update will be Story progression focused on Fiona, and Elea?
So this bunch of "heartless, and terrible" guy's have an alternative path?
(nah, love you guy's just teasing you a bit ;) you aren't heartless, just lack of good taste in women :p:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:)

• Haha
Reactions: Maviarab

nitkonikic

Sep 17, 2018
You guys are awesome.
I mean the main reason I put that stuff in is for my own shits and giggles. I didn't really expect anyone to recognize a reference to a Spencer/Hill movie, let alone to Bolek and Lolek. :ROFLMAO:
Lolek i Bolek was very big in my country back when I was a little kid.
Man, childhood memories.

Not a reference I ever expected to see in adult VN.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Ceolag; just to refresh memory, how I understood the next update will be Story progression focused on Fiona, and Elea?
(nah, love you guy's just teasing you a bit ;) you aren't heartless, just lack of good taste in women :p:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:)
Ohhhh Xap......

Group hugs everyone!

Ceolag

Donor
Game Developer
Sep 6, 2020
Short answer: No, Chapter 5 will have pretty much no content with Kaija, Fiona, and Elea. It'll focus on... other things ;-)
Chapter 6 will be pretty much only about them, though.

The long answer (and reasoning) will be provided as a separate Dev Log later this year :)

4.40 star(s) 38 Votes