VN Ren'Py The Neverwhere Tales [v0.4.0] [Ceolag]

4.40 star(s) 38 Votes

doujin1

Nov 18, 2017
At first i really hate Kaija. But the more i play i kinda want their relationship to workout.
it's good to see that her shift priority from duty to MC. i hope more moment like this.

Reactions: yossa999 and Tulrek

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
I only found this game a couple of days ago. Loving the story and game except being stuck with the deceiving piece of shit Kaija. You have an entire order of warriors and you get stuck with the last person you should have to work with, it doesn't make much sense. I don't suppose I can send her off to have a root canal or something. The other girls all seem pretty awesome so far.
Good to see you here mate
This is one of my favourite games on the site

Would it surprise you if I told you I'm totally on love with Kaija
She is like a delicate flower who also kicks butt

I have already simped for her pretty hard
And I will do again in the future

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023
Good to see you here mate
This is one of my favourite games on the site

Would it surprise you if I told you I'm totally on love with Kaija
She is like a delicate flower who also kicks butt

I have already simped for her pretty hard
And I will do again in the future
Joshy, are you stalking me? :ROFLMAO:
Mate it doesn't surprise me at all that you love Kaija the best considering your taste in women :rolleyes:(the exception being Ann). I don't know why you're attracted to asshole women but anyway. I'm so pleased you can name your saves it helps when you have multiple paths and saves going.

I love this game, the story is awesome, I have only just discovered it and its made quite an impact on me. The only thing I wish for is Kaija's content be skippable. I don't want to spend another moment with her. I would rather spend a month surrounded by elves than that piece of shit. At least the elves are upfront assholes.

I may sound harsh but as you know, I'm not a fan of deceiving women in relationships ever. If she had stayed a friend I could have excused her but not what she did. I hope the MC gets to blast his parents too. The mother got off way too lightly. What sort of parents would let their son get in to a relationship with a woman, who they knew full well, didn't love him and would never fully commit to him???? What an asshole act.

To end on a good note. The gorgeous blonde is my No1 and I'm still unsure of the hot redhead, if Fiona comes clean she might become No1. My poor MC is very low on trust at the moment. Its cost me a few points but to hell with it, the poor kid has a right to be a bit pissed off at this stage.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Joshy, are you stalking me? :ROFLMAO:
Mate it doesn't surprise me at all that you love Kaija the best considering your taste in women :rolleyes:(the exception being Ann). I don't know why you're attracted to asshole women but anyway. I'm so pleased you can name your saves it helps when you have multiple paths and saves going.

I love this game, the story is awesome, I have only just discovered it and its made quite an impact on me. The only thing I wish for is Kaija's content be skippable. I don't want to spend another moment with her. I would rather spend a month surrounded by elves than that piece of shit. At least the elves are upfront assholes.

I may sound harsh but as you know, I'm not a fan of deceiving women in relationships ever. If she had stayed a friend I could have excused her but not what she did. I hope the MC gets to blast his parents too. The mother got off way too lightly. What sort of parents would let their son get in to a relationship with a woman, who they knew full well, didn't love him and would never fully commit to him???? What an asshole act.

To end on a good note. The gorgeous blonde is my No1 and I'm still unsure of the hot redhead, if Fiona comes clean she might become No1. My poor MC is very low on trust at the moment. Its cost me a few points but to hell with it, the poor kid has a right to be a bit pissed off at this stage.
I think Kaija is one of those girls that people will either love or hate
I fell in love instantly
And you know me Grumpy I have already came up with lots of ideas for romantic dates with her

Reactions: Grumpy Old Aussie

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
I think Kaija is one of those girls that people will either love or hate
I fell in love instantly
And you know me Grumpy I have already came up with lots of ideas for romantic dates with her
Kind of wrong. I loved her at the start. But after the bs and the added new content, I just can't do it with her. If you haven't restarted, I suggest that you do. You'll get more content that will either make you fall deeper in love with her, or cause you to hate her.

Last edited:

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Kind of wrong. I loved her at the start. But after the bs and the added new content, I just can't do it with her. If you haven't restarted, I siggest that you do. You'll get more content that will either make you fall deeper in love with her, or cause you to hate her.
Thanks for the suggestion I'll likely restart when it comes to steam
I usually do that when games I like go to steam

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Thanks for the suggestion I'll likely restart when it comes to steam
I usually do that when games I like go to steam
I'd do it now. But that's just me. You're def missing out. If I didn't have to restart, I wouldn't have and would never have known about the new added content.

Reactions: Joshy92

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023
Kind of wrong. I loved her at the start. But after the bs and the added new content, I just can't do it with her. If you haven't restarted, I suggest that you do. You'll get more content that will either make you fall deeper in love with her, or cause you to hate her.
Its a mystery to me how anyone can love her, you certainly can't trust her and she doesn't even love the MC nor will ever be her priority. Fuck that. But what do I know I'm just a grumpy old man I guess. :D

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Its a mystery to me how anyone can love her, you certainly can't trust her and she doesn't even love the MC nor will ever be her priority. Fuck that. But what do I know I'm just a grumpy old man I guess. :D
That's now two of my sweethearts you don't like Grumpy
I'm scared to tell you about other girls I like

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
I'm also a grumpy old man and at first I did love her. Now it's all Fiona. Just barely got to the new content, but haven't finished it yet.

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023
I'm also a grumpy old man and at first I did love her. Now it's all Fiona. Just barely got to the new content, but haven't finished it yet.
Chapter 1 I thought she was okay but I could see there were problems with her secrets. You can't live like that in a relationship.

That's now two of my sweethearts you don't like Grumpy
I'm scared to tell you about other girls I like
LMAO I though it was 3. Its all good Joshy, just think less competition, we don't have to fight over them :ROFLMAO:. Although I would like to know what you see in Naija though? Maybe I missed something

• Haha
Reactions: Joshy92

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Chapter 1 I thought she was okay but I could see there were problems with her secrets. You can't live like that in a relationship.

LMAO I though it was 3. Its all good Joshy, just think less competition, we don't have to fight over them :ROFLMAO:. Although I would like to know what you see in Naija though? Maybe I missed something
At first, I liked her because she is really hot
But then as we see more of her, I think her sweet personality is shining through at least on her love path

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023
At first, I liked her because she is really hot
But then as we see more of her, I think her sweet personality is shining through at least on her love path
That maybe so, but that doesn't make up for what she did. She shit on my MC and I like him. I want justice for him.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
That maybe so, but that doesn't make up for what she did. She shit on my MC and I like him. I want justice for him.
I have sympathy for her actions because I feel like she has been indoctrinated by the templers
I think she loves the mc deeply and regrets her actions.

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023
I have sympathy for her actions because I feel like she has been indoctrinated by the templers
I think she loves the mc deeply and regrets her actions.
Fair enough. For me she says a few times she doesn't love him more than a friend. She was ordered to protect him as a friend but she got involved with him as lover because it was "easier". That is piss poor reasoning. She breaks his heart because it made it easier for her. Not good enough. What if in that time he met a woman who would love him for life and would make him No1 in her life not No2? He missed out because Naija wanted to make things easier. Sex wasn't love making, it was just her keeping him happy. Its soul destroying for a guy to find that out. As she said, he would never be her priority, he would always be 2nd to the Templars. When she found a guy she actually loved she would have been cheating on him in a heartbeat because she had no serious feelings for the MC. Bugger that. My MC wants payback Bitch!

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Fair enough. For me she says a few times she doesn't love him more than a friend. She was ordered to protect him as a friend but she got involved with him as lover because it was "easier". That is piss poor reasoning. She breaks his heart because it made it easier for her. Not good enough. What if in that time he met a woman who would love him for life and would make him No1 in her life not No2? He missed out because Naija wanted to make things easier. Sex wasn't love making, it was just her keeping him happy. Its soul destroying for a guy to find that out. As she said, he would never be her priority, he would always be 2nd to the Templars. When she found a guy she actually loved she would have been cheating on him in a heartbeat because she had no serious feelings for the MC. Bugger that. My MC wants payback Bitch!
Her response is different depending on how many points you have with her I think
Because when I asked her if she loves me, she said yes straight away

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
Her response is different depending on how many points you have with her I think
Because when I asked her if she loves me, she said yes straight away
Yes, as pointed out by MikesDK in this post #1210, there are two very different Kaija's at the start of the story and which Kaija you get is triggered by your choice when you first enter the kitchen. It has been the theory of a number of people, including me, that this is done on purpose. One Kaija is intended to make it very easy for you to forgive her and move on. This is meant to be the Kaija solo route. The other Kaija makes it easy to continue to resent her "lie of omission" and hence break up. This opens up potential relationships with other LI's without cheating on Kaija. One choice gives you two essential relationship points and more loving and forgivable dialogue in a number of crucial conversations. The other choice results in less relationship points and more "friendly" but self righteous dialogue and even leads the reader to believe Kaija only entered into a relationship with MC because of her orders - at least initially. As I say, it makes resenting and not forgiving her easier.

Ceolag elaborates by explaining the addition of the flashback in chapter 4 here post #1254. I've always maintained that Kaija is a masterfully written character. We are just now beginning to realize Kaija is, essentially, masterfully written - twice. Love her or hate her because that's exactly what we are meant to do.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Yes, as pointed out by MikesDK in this post #1210, there are two very different Kaija's at the start of the story and which Kaija you get is triggered by your choice when you first enter the kitchen. It has been the theory of a number of people, including me, that this is done on purpose. One Kaija is intended to make it very easy for you to forgive her and move on. This is meant to be the Kaija solo route. The other Kaija makes it easy to continue to resent her "lie of omission" and hence break up. This opens up potential relationships with other LI's without cheating on Kaija. One choice gives you two essential relationship points and more loving and forgivable dialogue in a number of crucial conversations. The other choice results in less relationship points and more "friendly" but self righteous dialogue and even leads the reader to believe Kaija only entered into a relationship with MC because of her orders - at least initially. As I say, it makes resenting and not forgiving her easier.

Ceolag elaborates by explaining the addition of the flashback in chapter 4 here post #1254. I've always maintained that Kaija is a masterfully written character. We are just now beginning to realize Kaija is, essentially, masterfully written - twice. Love her or hate her because that's exactly what we are meant to do.
Thanks for the detailed response you are way better than me at explaining things
All I can think about is doing romantic things with my darling Kaija

Oh, and I also fantasize about lovingly shoving my tongue up her arse

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020

Yeah, that was probably my only issue with the game, the major choice right from the start when you don't know the characters. But since it happens in the very beginning, there is no problem to replay the minute and continue with the loving Kaija. Otherwise the game is amazing! Can't wait to take my meds Medb!

Reactions: xapican and motseer
4.40 star(s) 38 Votes