VN Ren'Py The Neverwhere Tales [v0.4.0] [Ceolag]

4.40 star(s) 38 Votes

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
View attachment 3255271

Hey everyone,

this week has been a bit of a mixed bag for me.
It started with me catching a cold and being in bed the whole Sunday and Monday. Couldn't get anything done in those 2 days.
Luckily, it's been a lot better since Tuesday although I'm still a bit tired in the evening.

Considering I'm missing 2 full days and still lack a bit of energy, the progress this week is still... acceptable.
My focus this and last week was mostly on rendering and catching up with the already-written dialogue.
I'm roughly halfway through but I hope to get a bit more done next week if nothing else.
As you can see, renders will be the main focus of the next week and probably the week after.

The raw numbers for this week:
71 new static renders for a total of 148
1 new animation for a total of... 1 :LOL:
200 more lines in the script file for a total of 860

I guess that's it already for today, I'll get back to setting up renders.

Have a nice weekend, guys.

Cheers,
Ceolag
So you know how you have all those grandiose plans to get things done over the holidays, then the new year rolls around and a disturbing portion of the list is still unfinished? Well, entirely unrelated to that I've decided a couple weeks into January is the perfect time to start tracking the development of this game. It would be a shame not to since Ceolag is so generous with the numbers...

So here we go. As he already mentioned, Ceolag created 71 static renders, 1 animation, and 200 script lines in the last week. Combined with the numbers from last week's update, that gives him an overall average of approximately 104 statics, 0.7 animations and 600 script lines per week since work on Chapter 5 began on January 2 (or at least since artwork began; it's possible some of the lines were created before that). Here's that same information in various chart forms:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Every game has a different relationship when it comes to tracking artwork numbers, so I'm not going to venture any analysis for this game yet. Hopefully it will at least give us something to look at while we wait.

Other than that, I was sad to hear we won't be spending time with the other LIs in chapter 5, but Medb is certainly overdue for some screentime so hopefully she'll make the most of it. She's by far my least favorite of the LIs, but I'm eager to learn more about her. While I doubt she's my type, I could definitely imagine a sort of fire-forged platonic friendship working out with her. We'll see what happens, I guess.

I hope you're feeling better, Ceolag!

Ceolag

Donor
Game Developer
Sep 6, 2020
So you know how you have all those grandiose plans to get things done over the holidays, then the new year rolls around and a disturbing portion of the list is still unfinished? Well, entirely unrelated to that I've decided a couple weeks into January is the perfect time to start tracking the development of this game. It would be a shame not to since Ceolag is so generous with the numbers...

So here we go. As he already mentioned, Ceolag created 71 static renders, 1 animation, and 200 script lines in the last week. Combined with the numbers from last week's update, that gives him an overall average of approximately 104 statics, 0.7 animations and 600 script lines per week since work on Chapter 5 began on January 2 (or at least since artwork began; it's possible some of the lines were created before that). Here's that same information in various chart forms:
Every game has a different relationship when it comes to tracking artwork numbers, so I'm not going to venture any analysis for this game yet. Hopefully it will at least give us something to look at while we wait.

Other than that, I was sad to hear we won't be spending time with the other LIs in chapter 5, but Medb is certainly overdue for some screentime so hopefully she'll make the most of it. She's by far my least favorite of the LIs, but I'm eager to learn more about her. While I doubt she's my type, I could definitely imagine a sort of fire-forged platonic friendship working out with her. We'll see what happens, I guess.

I hope you're feeling better, Ceolag!
Haha, thanks for that. Will be interesting to see how everything plays out.
The assumed numbers per week are probably a bit too high. I haven't done the math but it feels more like ~70 static renders (I try to get at least 50 done) and ~200 script lines per week.
As you assumed correctly, I did some writing through the holidays so I started rendering on Jan 02 with ~500 lines already written.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Haha, thanks for that. Will be interesting to see how everything plays out.
The assumed numbers per week are probably a bit too high. I haven't done the math but it feels more like ~70 static renders (I try to get at least 50 done) and ~200 script lines per week.
As you assumed correctly, I did some writing through the holidays so I started rendering on Jan 02 with ~500 lines already written.
It's likely an artifact of timing: the first "week" was only 3 days long (Jan 2-5), but had a full week's worth of production. It makes you look super productive, even if what really happened was that the less productive portion of the week was left off the books. If you keep up reports at weekly intervals, the average should stabilize on something approximating the truth.

I've also adjusted the Script Lines charts based on the latest information:

Reactions: xapican and Ceolag

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
It's going to be awesome when we get a sex scene with Kaija.

I hope it's very romantic and that the mc treats her how a lady should be treated.

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
I was thinking more deadly...or dangerous lol

Could be...icy....cold? Like a Michigan winter?
Nah; I suspect that Medb is ultra passionate and unsatiable when it comes to sex, :devilish: :devilish:
(poor GOA, he should do some cardio before facing her) :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

4.40 star(s) 38 Votes