VN Ren'Py The Neverwhere Tales [v0.4.0] [Ceolag]

4.40 star(s) 38 Votes

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
Defenestrator.for.traitor ; from where comes all this hate and deep mistrust towards the Templars ?
They have the duty to protect the "Humanity" from the other world , probably they are struggling with betrayal, and internal power conflicts, MC is so it seems the "chosen one" to unify the forces of "light" and lead them against the "darkness"
shure in one point you're right, trust nobody, It seems that everyone has their own agenda,

Oct 10, 2022
that is a point, which I can't grasp at all, I can understand and respect them, your all points of view, some like the one of DS or GOA I can deeply comprehend, impling that I can see them trough their prism of values also respectable.
For myself, and my own set of values and believes, that what Kaija did is not so terrible, yes, she lied, yes, she did not tell us the whole truth, and still hasn't told us everything.
The betrayal, if we are fair, is on both sides (depending how you play the MC) and the relationship, is on a braking point, but not so because of Kaijas behavior, more about the conflict what the MC has with himself, he feels as they are drifting apart, (no wonder he lives in a mundane world, and Kaija lives in a totally different world with magic, monsters and fairytale creatures, hidden dangers and threats, which are real as well.
MC is overprotected,(and acts somtimes as a selfish prick not much hero like) and was kept apart from all that what is going on as well as his sister, with not bad intentions, their parents wanted to give them, the chance to live without all that trouble and violence which has this paralell world, they all did what they did, with the best of intentions, and not with premeditation and alevosia.
Kaija has her own conflict with all that, she is a pawn in a game to which she agreed in order to revenge or to learn what happend with her parents.
You can like her or not but I never had the Impresion that she is a vile perfid liar, and she is pretty assertive with what she feels, has high and somewhat pathetic Ideals at times, but she is not that monster which she is painted somtimes over here.
And that is what I can't put my mind around, maybe it is not in my personality.

(Of course is fun to hold against, all Kaija detractors, and I whish Torin sums up in the struggle :devilish: because together we are unberable :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:)

Oct 10, 2022
@Defenstrator.for.traitor ; from where comes all this hate and deep mistrust towards the Templars ?
They have the duty to protect the "Humanity" from the other world , probably they are struggling with betrayal, and internal power conflicts, MC is so it seems the "chosen one" to unify the forces of "light" and lead them against the "darkness"
shure in one point you're right, trust nobody, It seems that everyone has their own agenda,
Oh that's easy, every interaction with every Templars.

When MC met with Steroid-Kevin he is self-centred arrogant prick, dude antagonise MC without reason. You may think he is an exception, he is not. When you ask Kaija about a twat, she literally says most of the younger Templars are like that.

Not gonna dive deep about Kaija because you are clearly thinking differently about her and not gonna try to convince you otherwise. Although I believe she is a witch who lies, cheats, manipulates MC.

High command of Templars are working for their own interest even in dire situation. Try to cheat MC of his possession. They don't care anything if they are in their way.

When you talk about Templars with Linnae, you can clearly see they think they are in a higher position than other people. They are egoistical. They claim to be protector of people but they don't even try to save people to get killed if it's within their interest.

MC's parents hides everything from him, assigned a bitch to babysit him whom she played with his feelings. She even blamed MC of Paul's death. Not directly maybe but she said he died protecting you like MC asked it.

There is not a single Templar who is not sketchy, who did lie and try to trick MC.

I can make this post longer with adding screenshots and more examples but they basically believe Templar dogmas and everything, everyone against that idea is inferior to them.

Last edited:

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021

When MC met with Steroid-Kevin he is self-centred arrogant prick, dude antagonise MC without reason. You may think he is an execption, he is not. When you ask Kaija about a twat, she literally says most of the younger Templars are like that.

Not gonna dive deep about Kaija because you are clearly thinking differently about her and not gonna try to convince you otherwise. Although I believe she is a witch who lies, cheats, manipulates MC.

High command of Templars are working for their own interest even in dire situation. Try to cheat MC of his possession. They don't care anything if they are in their way.

When you talk about Templars with Linnae, you can clearly see they think they are in a higher position than other people. They are egoistical. They are claim to be protector of people but they don't even try to save people to get killed if it's within their interest.

MC's parents hides everything from him, assigned a bitch to babysit him whom she played with his feelings. She even blamed MC of Paul's death. Not directly maybe but she said he died protecting you like MC asked it.

There is not a single Templar who is not sketchy, who did lie and try to trick MC.

I can make this post longer with adding screenshots and more examples but they basically believe Templar dogmas and everything, everyone against that idea is inferior to them.
You literally just described the Brotherhood of Steel in Fallout. :ROFLMAO: But I do agree and you left out the fact that they're xenophobic.

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
When it comes to the Templars I got a bit of mixed view I think. I don't distrust any one person just because they are a Templar. ( expect the council or high command) I do distrust the organization and all of the High command ( including your parents) but 1 member of the council. Well I guess former High Command now.

Oct 10, 2022
When it comes to the Templars I got a bit of mixed view I think. I don't distrust any one person just because they are a Templar. ( expect the council or high command) I do distrust the organization and all but 1 of the High command. Well I guess former High Command now. ( including your parents)
Don't worry my fella, I distrust all of them enough for both of us. ;) After all organisations consist of people, they are not distinct entities. :unsure:

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
I think, that is the point Dessolos, we both tend to see shades of Grey, and not black and white, which makes things sometimes a bit, more complicated, neither of both stances is wrong or right, in my opinion.

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023

When MC met with Steroid-Kevin he is self-centred arrogant prick, dude antagonise MC without reason. You may think he is an exception, he is not. When you ask Kaija about a twat, she literally says most of the younger Templars are like that.

When you talk about Templars with Linnae, you can clearly see they think they are in a higher position than other people. They are egoistical. They claim to be protector of people but they don't even try to save people to get killed if it's within their interest.

Hence why they need a spring clean, sweep out the trash. Their internal culture is toxic and it comes from the leadership down. A change of leadership will work wonders for the Templars in many ways. Mc's daddy and friends aren't doing a very good job. Linnae was probably the only one I'd keep on.

Oct 10, 2022
With their couple of hundred members...in-fighting..backstabbing..power plays....I'd be utterly amazed if they could stop the pies being stolen out of the fridge.

In fact, I'd be less surprised if I woke up tomorrow morning with my head sewn to the carpet :ROFLMAO:
What the fuck!? Someone is messing with pies, now I am angry. I can stand backstabbing, power play, Kaija's speech about how righteous they are but messing with pies, that's the line. :mad:

Oct 10, 2022
4.40 star(s) 38 Votes