VN Ren'Py The Neverwhere Tales [v0.5.0] [Ceolag]

4.40 star(s) 45 Votes

nitkonikic

Sep 17, 2018
Depending on what happens by the end of Book 1, I'm hoping for a Elf MC and if the Elf's and Templars aren't at war would love Jessica to be a LI. But I agree it makes sense for her to be a LI for a different MC or at the very least a side character.
And what will be canon ending to book 1?
Is it always the same, or always the same in meaning X happens, no matter what MC does?
MC always stopping 3rd party from starting a war would allow book 2 to continue on the same way, no matter who love interest is. Similar to Author-Unbroken (sorry for name dropping those but they're simply amazing so...) , for those playing those 2.

Anyway, been few weeks, might as well post my full opinion on chapter 5.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
And what will be canon ending to book 1?
Is it always the same, or always the same in meaning X happens, no matter what MC does?
MC always stopping 3rd party from starting a war would allow book 2 to continue on the same way, no matter who love interest is. Similar to Author-Unbroken (sorry for name dropping those but they're simply amazing so...) , for those playing those 2.

Anyway, been few weeks, might as well post my full opinion on chapter 5.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
oof that Finnabair kill scene, I did it once just to see how awful it feels, it was every bit as I expected. Never again. Didn't even make a save for it.

Dessolos

Devoted Member
Jul 25, 2017
oof that Finnabair kill scene, I did it once just to see how awful it feels, it was every bit as I expected. Never again. Didn't even make a save for it.
I did it to see the scene but I still need to play the entire chapter going through with it to see what changes there are. I'm waiting for steam to do that. Unsure what path I will do it on maybe my Kaija hate path save, for sure the save I do go through with it on gonna not burn any bridges with the family either. Probably will be the only save I side with the Templars

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
I did it to see the scene but I still need to play the entire chapter going through with it to see what changes there are. I'm waiting for steam to do that. Unsure what path I will do it on maybe my Kaija hate path save, for sure the save I do go through with it on gonna not burn any bridges with the family either. Probably will be the only save I side with the Templars
well there is not much to see after you kill her, couple of renders and that's it on that path :ROFLMAO:

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
Well, I think there is no siding with Templars or Alfars, more to unite them against the 3rd party, both admited that they are to weak for an open war.
Also another variable is Fiona or Elea, I doubt that both are alone and with no backup, Elea manages a lot of Information about mystical things, Fiona is somehow also interwined with all this, for now there are to many unkown variables to see where this is going.
No I didn't like the lie neither of Kaija nor from the Parents, but is it really that horrendous ? being understanding doesn't mean being naive or guilible.

Dessolos

Devoted Member
Jul 25, 2017
No I didn't like the lie neither of Kaija nor from the Parents, but is it really that horrendous ? being understanding doesn't mean being naive or guilible.
exactly why I liked her well 1 reason . crazy tho I ended up liking Finnabair more than Kaija , even Medb I can see myself liking more in the future but right now I consider Kaija and Medb tied.

Reactions: Grumpy Old Aussie

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
exactly why I liked her well 1 reason . crazy tho I ended up liking Finnabair more than Kaija , even Medb I can see myself liking more in the future but right now I consider Kaija and Medb tied.
Kaija is fisicaly strong and is loyal, Finn has both character strong and fisical strenght both strong women each on their own,
the thing with Kaija is that she shows emotional coldness on 2 of her path and on the other she is too vulnerable.

Reactions: pitao

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
For Kaija depends on the path.
If she has never loved you and still pulls that crap, than yeah, i wouldn't want to have anything to do with her again even as friend.
Otherwise i doubt i'd trust her again, but maybe as friend at some point...as lover never.

As for the Family, are the lies horrendous no, but that doesn't make i any better.
They still lied to you your whole life, neither did they prepare the MC/Jess for anything...dunno if i would burn bridges completely, but i don't think i would want to see or talk to them for some years or a decade, if ever.
Also, their excuses were so bad...they just pissed me off more of to be honest, it's clear they wouldn't have told anything if shit didn't hit the fan.

Last edited:

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
For Kaija depends on the path.
If she has never loved you and still put that crap, than yeah, i wouldn't want to have anything to do with her again even as friend.
Otherwise i doubt i'd trust her again, but maybe as friend at some point...as lover never.

As for the Family, are the lies horrendous no, but that doesn't make i any better.
They still lied to you your whole life, neither did they prepare the MC/Jess for anything...dunno if i would burn bridges completely, but i don't think i would want to see or talk to do with them for some years or a decade, if ever.
Also, their excuses were so bad...they just pissed me more of to be honest, it's clear they wouldn't have told anything if not shit had hit the fan.
Yes that is a way of seeing it and it is all valid, on the other hand, they did what they did, because they wanted you not to be part, of that world where you could get killed in a skirmish with Alfars or Hellspawns , ambushed by some shaddy and powerfull organiztions, or Neverwhere drug cartells.
I think it was pretty naive of them to think that would last forever, you as MC are in that situation not because of their lies, because of their choices to join the Templars just as Medb said it when talking about her "brother"

Reactions: pitao

pitao

May 18, 2023
Well, I think there is no siding with Templars or Alfars, more to unite them against the 3rd party, both admited that they are to weak for an open war.
Also another variable is Fiona or Elea, I doubt that both are alone and with no backup, Elea manages a lot of Information about mystical things, Fiona is somehow also interwined with all this, for now there are to many unkown variables to see where this is going.
Yeah doesn't seem so far any variable to side with Templars or Alfars or neutral even though there is a choice for it when chatting with Nightingale but don't think it adds any variable.
I made 5 saves/playthroughs so far 3 are for Fiona/Elea/Kaija paths and on those I didnt burn bridges and wasn't confrontational to the Parents. Then 2 other saves for "side girls" (maybe later go with Medb path on 1 of them also) one for Kari-Helen?-Linnae and the other for Anissa-Kate and in both I was confrontational to the parents but only burned bridges in the 2nd. Well I got all the achievements, even the hidden ones so I guess I got all the important content. My favorite LI so far no doubt is Fiona, can't wait to know more about this mysterious girl hehe.

No one likes to being lied about important things in your life and in family life specially but dunno if is because my age, near 50 yo, I understand the point of view from the Parents. 30 years ago I wouldn't be so much understanding but life teaches you that sometimes you have to lie to protect your loved ones even if the result is getting a bit of hate/rage from them, it is a small price to pay if means getting them safe, nothing is ever all black and white, there is always plenty of gray areas in life.

Reactions: xapican

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023
It depends on the attitude for me. Were they doing it out of a mistaken ideal of protection or because they don't respect you? Considering the MCs age and they did nothing to stop the relationship with Kaija, I don't think they respect the MC. Hence why half my saves I burnt bridges. Although, I did think Ceolag may provide an opportunity to mend bridges later, but apparently not. So maybe burning bridges is an oops moment. Still the reasons and actions matter IMO. I'd want some space and more explanation of their actions around the Kaija relationship.

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023
Ceo said another talk with the family is planned for those who didn't burn bridges, with a 2nd opportunity to burn them. Since nobody is safe, I wouldn't be surprised if Robert will die, making reconciliation impossible.
Yeah Ceolag said to me as well, there would be more to come with the family if you didn't burn bridges. I'm probably a bit sensitive to it since my family has kept things from me several times that I should have known about. I relate to the MC a lot here, probably too much :cry:

But its only a game. :cool::ROFLMAO:

Dessolos

Devoted Member
Jul 25, 2017
It depends on the attitude for me. Were they doing it out of a mistaken ideal of protection or because they don't respect you? Considering the MCs age and they did nothing to stop the relationship with Kaija, I don't think they respect the MC. Hence why half my saves I burnt bridges. Although, I did think Ceolag may provide an opportunity to mend bridges later, but apparently not. So maybe burning bridges is an oops moment. Still the reasons and actions matter IMO. I'd want some space and more explanation of their actions around the Kaija relationship.
yeah for me only the father gets a little bit less negative opinion from me on the Kaija love path only since he did try to help Kaija from being forced into the relationship. Otherwise im a bit mixed I don't hate them as much as most others on this thread. The conversation felt like well you caught me might as well confess while not acting like they did anything wrong. Even if I can understand their reasoning behind it and personally not upset by their lies, their attitude makes them feel unremorseful for hiding the truth. I feel like I cant trust them to tell 100% of the truth like they are always going to be untruthful or hiding something. Especially because I think they are always going to have their guard up like they are used to playing the political game with the other leadership that is the only thing they know how to do and not how to be parents / a family. Which is the only reason my other saves gonna burn bridges.

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023
yeah for me only the father gets a little bit less negative opinion from me on the Kaija love path only since he did try to help Kaija from being forced into the relationship. Otherwise im a bit mixed I don't hate them as much as most others on this thread. The conversation felt like well you caught me might as well confess while not acting like they did anything wrong. Even if I can understand their reasoning behind it and personally not upset by their lies, their attitude makes them feel unremorseful for hiding the truth. I feel like I cant trust them to tell 100% of the truth like they are always going to be untruthful or hiding something. Especially because I think they are always going to have their guard up like they are used to playing the political game with the other leadership that is the only thing they know how to do and not how to be parents / a family. Which is the only reason my other saves gonna burn bridges.
I don't hate them either, I just think there is a level of disrespect my MC shouldn't need to tolerate especially from the mother. As you said the father did try to do something, not near enough, but something at least. The mother just is unremorseful and quite arrogant about it in ch1 I thought. She acts as though she is resentful of having to be a mother and pull back from the Templars. That is how it comes across to me anyway. I could be reading too much in to it after my own experiences maybe.

Dessolos

Devoted Member
Jul 25, 2017
I don't hate them either, I just think there is a level of disrespect my MC shouldn't need to tolerate especially from the mother. As you said the father did try to do something, not near enough, but something at least. The mother just is unremorseful and quite arrogant about it in ch1 I thought. She acts as though she is resentful of having to be a mother and pull back from the Templars. That is how it comes across to me anyway. I could be reading too much in to it after my own experiences maybe.
honestly I can't put my finger on it but the mother always came across worst to me than the father even still after finally having a talk with the father after getting him back.

Quetzzz

Sep 29, 2023
The mother just is unremorseful and quite arrogant about it in ch1 I thought.
I didn't pick up arrogance from her, but she did leave all the heavy lifting to others. With the history she had with the Templars she knew perfectly well what she could tell her children, but she let Kaija do the talking. Same for the morning after.
Then, on route to the exchange, she gets very friendly and compliant toward Jess, which felt manipulative to me.

Reactions: Grumpy Old Aussie
4.40 star(s) 45 Votes