VN Ren'Py The Neverwhere Tales [v0.5.0] [Ceolag]

4.40 star(s) 45 Votes

weezal

Jul 5, 2022
I missed it to until after I had played through and shagged Finnabair. I'm not sure how that will effect things on my Medb path save.
I originally thought she was a younger and more volatile elf(shown by her emotional outbursts). So to find out she's a mother was a shock. Didn't really give off those vibes. Aillill(?) definitely gave off parental vibes and his maturity was clear as day so it will be interesting to see Medb's dynamic in the future.

Reactions: Grumpy Old Aussie
Dec 29, 2018
The pendant is mere coincedence then ? (Linnae Elea)
Could it be that Elea is the daughter of Linnae's ex-husband and a woman he was with after he split with Linnae?

It'd be a bit of a stretch, but if her father kept the necklace he had from his time with Linnae, and Elea inherited it, then it wouldn't be a complete coincidence. Her father would've had a serious case of bad luck with women though. Lose one wife to a career, and then lose a second wife (assuming they married) a short time later not long after they have a kid. That'd be rough.

I just find it a bit suspect that Linnae would sit you down and offer to answer questions honestly in an attempt to gain trust, and then lie to you instead of saying she didn't want to speak about it. The MC even gave her the choice to back out of the question about her family if she couldn't answer it, and Linnae said that it was a question that she could answer.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

When asked if she would've let your father die instead of dissolving the Templars, she responds "I just told you that I gave up my hopes of having a family for the order. What do you expect me to answer?" So to me that sounds like she didn't actually have a daughter, and instead divorced while she and her husband were talking about starting a family. Otherwise, why use the term "hopes of having a family" instead of just "her family".

She never flat out said that she didn't have children, but it would be a pretty big thing to omit during what is supposed to be a conversation to prove that they could be honest and open with you. But it wouldn't surprise me all that much if Elea was Linnae's daughter. I certainly wouldn't put money on either outcome.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
She never flat out said that she didn't have children, but it would be a pretty big thing to omit during what is supposed to be a conversation to prove that they could be honest and open with you. But it wouldn't surprise me all that much if Elea was Linnae's daughter. I certainly wouldn't put money on either outcome.
lol..keep up....

Also mom (Hilda) tells us that Linnae has a child....which was discussed...ohhhh only on the previous thread page ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Elduriel
Dec 29, 2018
lol..keep up....

Also mom (Hilda) tells us that Linnae has a child....which was discussed...ohhhh only on the previous thread page ;)
I saw that comment, but couldn't find it in the game.

I also saw several other comments about how it was never said in the game.

So if you could tell me where to find it, it would be helpful.

nitkonikic

Sep 17, 2018
Burned bridges reference in that conversation with Linnae.

Coincidence, or just planned well in advance...

Granted, I've only done conversation with her once, and that strengthened my opinion she should not be trusted.

Her reply to being asked if she regrets losing family to stay a templar as "sometimes" just shows she is theirs.
If she left her family for Templars, betraying MC for the good of the order would be walk in the park.

Shame MC has to spend so much time speaking with her, but hey, story needs are story needs. He has to talk to someone to get story exposition :)

Man, do I not trust or like Linnae one bit...

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
I saw that comment, but couldn't find it in the game.

I also saw several other comments about how it was never said in the game.

So if you could tell me where to find it, it would be helpful.

Granted, I've only done conversation with her once, and that strengthened my opinion she should not be trusted.

Her reply to being asked if she regrets losing family to stay a templar as "sometimes" just shows she is theirs.
If she left her family for Templars, betraying MC for the good of the order would be walk in the park.

Shame MC has to spend so much time speaking with her, but hey, story needs are story needs. He has to talk to someone to get story exposition :)

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
Ok, you were open, and somehow you hope Elea isn't Linnaes daughter, and yes it is pretty vague, on the other hand why use the term family, and not just her husband moved out ?
In the end only future updates can shed light into it, I confess that I defend my theory that Elea is the daughter, and of course since this is not a harem game they are exclusive one with the other, As well the dialoge changes, depending in how open you are to the Templars and Kaija, there is more, to enter the Templars you must be one of the offspring of a Member, they don't often get new members from outside their ranks.

Reactions: Maviarab
Dec 29, 2018
Ok, you were open, and somehow you hope Elea isn't Linnaes daughter, and yes it is pretty vague, on the other hand why use the term family, and not just her husband moved out ?
I don't know. That's what's tripping me up. Why not use the the term daughter or child? Why not tell him that full truth here? The parents are supposed to be convincing their children to trust them by being open and honest with them, and yet they are clearly tip-toeing around the truth (assuming that Elea is Linnaes daughter).

If Linnae had a daughter, I would expect our mother to talk about how hard it was for Linnae to not be there for her child. Right? Like, why wouldn't you mention that? They are trying to justify their lies as necessary to keep the family together. They directly mention the daughter of the two who were killed, but suddenly get all coy with the truth when talking about Linnae. And why does she word it as if it were the truth that caused Linnae's husband to leave?

It sounds like Hilda thinks that Linnae should've lied to her husband about her job and lived a double life. And the use of "her family moved out" is really weird here. Why so vauge? Why not say her husband moved out and took thier child with him? Why phrase it in a way that could also mean she had other relatives living with her who moved out that day? It feels like they are being intentionally dishonest here and still trying to keep secrets during a conversation that is supposed to show that they can be trusted not keep any more secrets form them.

I don't know if the author is doing this for a plot related reason, or if they are doing it just because they are trying to make the identity of Elea's mother a surprise for later. Either way, I think that this should have some blowback on both Linnae and our parents once it is revealed that Elea is Linnae's daughter. Assuming that is what happens (which is most likely will).

Linnae had told us that "The vast majority [of recurits] come from our own families. Sons and daughters following in their parent's footsteps." So when it was mentioned that 'her family moved out' my mind didn't immedieately go to 'Oh, she had a kid'. I just assumed that she had other family members leaving the organization that day.

Maybe we can kick start the process of finding out the truth by telling Linnae that we found a possible recruit in Elea, a young woman with a life-long interest in secret societies. That might shake a few apples out of the tree. Or we could do nothing and then have the excuse of "How was I supposed to know she was your daughter? You never even told me you had a kid" when we ineveitably get in trouble for our romantic endeavours.

Reactions: ename144

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
I don't know. That's what's tripping me up. Why not use the the term daughter or child? Why not tell him that full truth here? The parents are supposed to be convincing their children to trust them by being open and honest with them, and yet they are clearly tip-toeing around the truth (assuming that Elea is Linnaes daughter).
Using the word "family" implies it's more than just one other person. When Hilda said Linnae lost her family through the service for the Templars it's obvious it's not meant she just lost her husband by leaving her. She lost her family. Husband and children(s). There was no need for Hilda to be more specific because it doesn't matter in the conversation they had.

PaxHadrian17

Engaged Member
Sep 8, 2020

I actually like Linnea.

She was one voice on the high council that voted to tell the MC what was going on and not keep him in the dark.

She got outvoted and did not choose to 'die on that hill.'

I like the expression - you get to choose one hill to die on - make your moral stand and come what may, you can accept whatever damage comes from the decision to stand your ground because the action you took Needed to happen.

Linnea strikes me as a doer versus a talker - she knew the council would deadlock on the decision to send the MC with Kaija into Neverwhere and she thought this decision was so important she risked losing her voice on the council to see it done.

IMO - the council is more damaged now, even with the return of the Grandmaster, because Linnea's voice is no longer a part of those discussions.

Who replaced her on the high council and are they part of the faction that openly or secretly wants a war with the Alfar?

I'm looking forward to more time with Linnea and more revelations.

How far the MC can trust her remains to be seen but I certainly trust her more than the Kaija who chose to be a fake girlfriend for five years to make her job easier.

Cheers!! :coffee:

nitkonikic

Sep 17, 2018
I actually like Linnea.

She was one voice on the high council that voted to tell the MC what was going on and not keep him in the dark.

She got outvoted and did not choose to 'die on that hill.'

I like the expression - you get to choose one hill to die on - make your moral stand and come what may, you can accept whatever damage comes from the decision to stand your ground because the action you took Needed to happen.

Linnea strikes me as a doer versus a talker - she knew the council would deadlock on the decision to send the MC with Kaija into Neverwhere and she thought this decision was so important she risked losing her voice on the council to see it done.

IMO - the council is more damaged now, even with the return of the Grandmaster, because Linnea's voice is no longer a part of those discussions.

Who replaced her on the high council and are they part of the faction that openly or secretly wants a war with the Alfar?

I'm looking forward to more time with Linnea and more revelations.

How far the MC can trust her remains to be seen but I certainly trust her more than the Kaija who chose to be a fake girlfriend for five years to make her job easier.

Cheers!! :coffee:
I agree, fully. Almost, I don't like her.

And yes, I definitely trust her more than Kaija, but that's not a very high bar.

And while I'm definitely grateful she voted against Kaija entering fake relationship with MC, she is still the person that chose job over family.
Same way MCs family did.

Now, honestly, think I prefer what she did over what MCs parents did.
They just disgust me (Kaija topic), whereas she had a choice between family or work and decided on work.

She left her family, and that's something I would personally never be able to forgive (real life included, that's one of the biggest sins I can think of for a parent, if she turns out to be Elea's mother), but she didn't deceive, lie and ruin her families life so she could tap herself on her back on a job well done.
She took hard decision and left. It fucking sucks, but I can (somewhat) understand that.

However, she still chose job over family.
And for that alone, I can't trust her not to choose job over complete stranger that MC is to her.
She is a templar through and through, and those waters need to be treaded carefully.

Reactions: tslojr

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Using the word "family" implies it's more than just one other person. When Hilda said Linnae lost her family through the service for the Templars it's obvious it's not meant she just lost her husband by leaving her. She lost her family. Husband and children(s). There was no need for Hilda to be more specific because it doesn't matter in the conversation they had.
Refusing to mention any members of said "family" beyond the husband implies those other members are not significant. When the point of these conversations is to mend fences damaged by the MC's parents keeping him in the dark, somehow neglecting to mention that Linnae not only had a daughter but that she was the MC's friend and coworker, that's just dynamiting a whole new section of fence.

Which, admittedly, would be completely in character for these morons. But I think Alfred's point is that if Elea really is Linnae's abandoned daughter, we really should be able to call them out on yet another deception (both the MC's parents and Linnae herself).

Reactions: Alfred the Fallen

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
I agree, fully. Almost, I don't like her.

And yes, I definitely trust her more than Kaija, but that's not a very high bar.

And while I'm definitely grateful she voted against Kaija entering fake relationship with MC, she is still the person that chose job over family.
Same way MCs family did.

Now, honestly, think I prefer what she did over what MCs parents did.
They just disgust me (Kaija topic), whereas she had a choice between family or work and decided on work.

She left her family, and that's something I would personally never be able to forgive (real life included, that's one of the biggest sins I can think of for a parent, if she turns out to be Elea's mother), but she didn't deceive, lie and ruin her families life so she could tap herself on her back on a job well done.
She took hard decision and left. It fucking sucks, but I can (somewhat) understand that.

However, she still chose job over family.
And for that alone, I can't trust her not to choose job over complete stranger that MC is to her.
She is a templar through and through, and those waters need to be treaded carefully.
We don't how it all played out exactly, only the result.
But she didn't left her family, they, or at least the husband, choosed to leave. If, or who decided to cut the contact completely is not known, but i would guess the husband.
But she doesn't strike me as character who would abandon her couple of months/years old child, or just give it to the husband and never want see it again.

Last edited:
Reactions: PaxHadrian17

nitkonikic

Sep 17, 2018
We don't how it all played out exactly, only the result.
But she didn't left her family, they, or at least the husband, choosed to leave. If, or who decided to cut the contact completely is not known, but i would guess the husband.
But she doesn't strike me as character who would abandon her couple of months old child, or just give it to the husband and never want see it again.
True, we don't know whole story.

But counterpoint, at some point she had a choice: Family or Templars.
Perhaps it was ultimatum, or huge argument. Whatever the case, Templars won.

Even a situation ala "Your job is too dangerous for me and the child. Quit it, or I am taking our daughter and leaving", I still don't side with her.

And secondly, really? Come oooon, if she wanted to keep an eye on her daughter (again assuming Elea is) and find out where they are, she 100% could have.
She is way too capable and smart not to find them easily. Choice to stay away was hers.
There is no way in hell her husband picked up with her child and she couldn't find them. Just no.

I can understand that choice, just never approve of it.

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
Even a situation ala "Your job is too dangerous for me and the child. Quit it, or I am taking our daughter and leaving", I still don't side with her.

And secondly, really? Come oooon, if she wanted to keep an eye on her daughter (again assuming Elea is) and find out where they are, she 100% could have.
She is way too capable and smart not to find them easily. Choice to stay away was hers.
There is no way in hell her husband picked up with her child and she couldn't find them. Just no.
I'm not siding with either party, i think her choice isn't bad per se, it's the same situation many soldiers are in. It's a dangerous job, if the partner can't accept that than maybe breaking up is better.

Yes she certainly could find them, probably has, maybe even keeping an eye out for her child.
I just find it hard to believe she would just give up her young child and then even going so far as to never speek with said child again...letting the husband take care of the kid and raising it outside of templar influence ok, but at least i would assume she would stay in conntact, even if she keeps her job a secret.
It would make more sense if her kid would be old enough to have a say in the matter and is agreeing with her husband, but that can't be the case if it is really Elea.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
I believe (don't be quoting me on this shizz...I know what you lot are like) that Elea may be meeting her mother sooner rather later. I firmly believe that shit is going to go down in this mysterious underground club she is desperate to go to.

Remember, even if on her romance path (flagged)...if you refuse to go with her, it ends the romance. I think something reallllllyyy baaaaad is going to happen there and I also think a certain someone will be very close by.

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 45 Votes