VN Ren'Py The Neverwhere Tales [v0.5.0] [Ceolag]

4.40 star(s) 45 Votes

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
nitkonikic ; never mind I'll look up myself next time I play (still have a few playtroughs to go from my saves)
But I think it was with Linnae I remember the convo, although I'm pretty stunned about the different interpretations of the conveyed message
thanks for answering my friend

• Red Heart
Reactions: nitkonikic

e6mill

Aug 4, 2022
nitkonikic ; never mind I'll look up myself next time I play (still have a few playtroughs to go from my saves)
But I think it was with Linnae I remember the convo, although I'm pretty stunned about the different interpretations of the conveyed message
thanks for answering my friend
It probably varies with whose path you're on. So much in this game does (not that that's a bad thing...)

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
It probably varies with whose path you're on. So much in this game does (not that that's a bad thing...)
As far I can remember, it happens on all 4 (6) paths I'm on, just with whom is what I don't remeber clearly.
As well I have a pretty good notion where this convo takes place and it is information about Neverwhere and serves to intoduce the player to this new scenario.

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
Can't remember which conversation it was, but it definitely was mentioned during one of them that people who find out about Neverwhere are sometimes killed. Think it was mentioned during one of chats with Kaija?
Could be wrong.
I'm too lazy to download VN again, waiting on Steam release, would get screenshot otherwise.

Just to clear it out, don't think Templars themselves would kill her, that was just a small jab in their direction.
Would they interfere if someone else went after her? Nah, they don't care.
IIRC the people which are killed are the ones who want to make neverwhere and everything public and are persons which would be taken seriously.
The most are just labeled as nutcases or conspiracy theorists and are ignored.

Elea would not be in any danger just because you tell her everything.
I think the templars also said, they simply do not have the manpower to do anything against it realistically ...as well as something about them not protecting mankind from itself.

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2018
Huh ? where, are you refering the convo with Linnae in the "Templars pub" ?
It's from the conversation with Linnae and Kaija that happens right after the first templar meeting where Medb is introduced and makes demands for the dissolution of the templars. Linnae asks the MC to stay at the training hall and asks Kaija to take him to neverwhere. The MC asks what neverwhere is and Linnae talks about how it's kept hidden.

MC: I still don't get how it can remain hidden. We have media, internet, all those things. Somebody would have talked.

Linnae: Of course. But you need to understand that a lot of rich and powerful persons in this world have connections to Neverwhere. And they make sure that it stays hidden. You can see people talking about Neverwhere in this world. They usually wander the streets with cardboard signs. Or they post conspiracy theories on the internet. Nobody takes them seriously. From time to time, somebody who people would take seriously tries to talk. That's when the important people of Neverwhere intervene. Usually these kinds of talkative people have "accidents."

MC: They get killed? And you don't do anything?

Linnae: We protect mankind from things it has no chance against. We do not protect it from itself.

nitkonikic

Sep 17, 2018
It's from the conversation with Linnae and Kaija that happens right after the first templar meeting where Medb is introduced and makes demands for the dissolution of the templars. Linnae asks the MC to stay at the training hall and asks Kaija to take him to neverwhere. The MC asks what neverwhere is and Linnae talks about how it's kept hidden.

MC: I still don't get how it can remain hidden. We have media, internet, all those things. Somebody would have talked.

Linnae: Of course. But you need to understand that a lot of rich and powerful persons in this world have connections to Neverwhere. And they make sure that it stays hidden. You can see people talking about Neverwhere in this world. They usually wander the streets with cardboard signs. Or they post conspiracy theories on the internet. Nobody takes them seriously. From time to time, somebody who people would take seriously tries to talk. That's when the important people of Neverwhere intervene. Usually these kinds of talkative people have "accidents."

MC: They get killed? And you don't do anything?

Linnae: We protect mankind from things it has no chance against. We do not protect it from itself.
Thank you, that's the one.
And frankly, I think Elea would absolutely be taken seriously if she tried to share it with others.

I don't think she would share it worldwide (not that kind of person), but potentially with enough people that it gets her on someone's sights? Yep.

Heck, I think that actually is what will (sort of) happen. She will find out about Neverwhere and end up in danger.
That's what whole "encourage her to keep looking or tell her to drop it" choice was about in my opinion.

EDIT: Let me re-phrase slightly. She wouldn't get it danger for sharing it with others, she would keep investigating and exploring more and more and more, until running into something that she is not supposed to see, and that puts her life in danger.
At that point, Templars would just shrug and drop it. Just another person in danger, not their responsibility.

That's why I'd prefer to tell her all about the place, to avoid accidentally stumbling in some serious trouble.

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
IIRC the people which are killed are the ones who want to make neverwhere and everything public and are persons which would be taken seriously.
The most are just labeled as nutcases or conspiracy theorists and are ignored.

Elea would not be in any danger just because you tell her everything.
I think the templars also said, they simply do not have the manpower to do anything against it realistically ...as well as something about them not protecting mankind from itself.
Yeah I mean to remeber something like that , or at least how I interpreted it.

Dec 29, 2018
Heck, I think that actually is what will (sort of) happen. She will find out about Neverwhere and end up in danger.
That's what whole "encourage her to keep looking or tell her to drop it" choice was about in my opinion.
During that same conversation, Elea had mentioned that her otherwise supportive and loving father was very adamant that she shouldn't waste her time chasing fairy tales because she was too smart for that crap. She also said that her mother left them when she was very young, so I'm wondering if her mother was part of the order and killed? Maybe? Or it could just be a coincidence.

Regardless of anything else, it would still be a good idea for us to tell Elea the truth before she stumbles into something dangerous. I would like to ease her into it if possible, instead of being thrown into the deep end like we were. I would also like more information about what would happen to Elea once she knows the truth. Maybe ask Linnae for advice, about a purely hypothetical situation of course (which Linnae will clearly see through since she's not a fool).

Reactions: Grumpy Old Aussie

nitkonikic

Sep 17, 2018
During that same conversation, Elea had mentioned that her otherwise supportive and loving father was very adamant that she shouldn't waste her time chasing fairy tales because she was too smart for that crap. She also said that her mother left them when she was very young, so I'm wondering if her mother was part of the order and killed? Maybe? Or it could just be a coincidence.

Regardless of anything else, it would still be a good idea for us to tell Elea the truth before she stumbles into something dangerous. I would like to ease her into it if possible, instead of being thrown into the deep end like we were. I would also like more information about what would happen to Elea once she knows the truth. Maybe ask Linnae for advice, about a purely hypothetical situation of course (which Linnae will clearly see through since she's not a fool).
There is a theory by some people that Linnae is her mother. I'm undecided on that, but it's definitely possible.
It would also play into "father stayed with child, while mom left to stay with templars".

If Linnae is her mom, wouldn't surprise me if she gave recommendation to keep her in the dark, to protect her from that world.

In either case, Elea deserves truth.
MC probably learned lesson with Kaija, that lying and deceiving only backfires in the future. So if he's serious about Elea, he needs to come clean when possible.
Sooner better than later, because everyone around him might be in danger, the way things are going currently.

Dec 29, 2018
There is a theory by some people that Linnae is her mother. I'm undecided on that, but it's definitely possible.
It would also play into "father stayed with child, while mom left to stay with templars".

If Linnae is her mom, wouldn't surprise me if she gave recommendation to keep her in the dark, to protect her from that world.
I had originally suspected Linnae was her mother, but when I replayed the game I didn't see Linnae mention a daughter at all. She just talked about leaving her husband. So it could be true, but I suspect that Linnae wouldn't hide that from us simply because she knows how upset we are with all the lies being told to us by our parents and "girlfriend", and she wouldn't want to risk losing our trust as well. Her keeping her daughter a secret would make sense I suppose, especially if she's more worried about her daughter being used as potential leverage against her. So it could go either way.

Personally, them not being related would be ideal for me because I'm totally trying to bang Linnae and would like it if Elea didn't murder me at a later date for shagging her mom.

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
I had originally suspected Linnae was her mother, but when I replayed the game I didn't see Linnae mention a daughter at all. She just talked about leaving her husband. So it could be true, but I suspect that Linnae wouldn't hide that from us simply because she knows how upset we are with all the lies being told to us by our parents and "girlfriend", and she wouldn't want to risk losing our trust as well. Her keeping her daughter a secret would make sense I suppose, especially if she's more worried about her daughter being used as potential leverage against her. So it could go either way.

Personally, them not being related would be ideal for me because I'm totally trying to bang Linnae and would like it if Elea didn't murder me at a later date for shagging her mom.
No, Linnae don't tells us, It is Hilda who does she speaks about Linnae leaving her Husband and daughter.
This assumption, came up after this Update, as well that Kaija is the daughter whose parents, got killed in a Skirmish, MC Dad hinted and he has a special interest in Kaija, also apeared in Ch 5, anyway I expect more backup info before they jump into action,

Last edited:

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
No, Linnae don't tells us, It is Hilda who does she speaks about Linnae leaving her Husband and daughter.
This assumption, came up after this Update, as well that Kaija is the daughter whose parents, got killed in a Skirmish, MC Dad hinted and he has a special interest in Kaija, also apeared in Ch 5, anyway I expect more backup info before they jump into action,
IIRC there is no mention about a daughter or any children, but it sounds like she had.
Linnae tells you she left her husband, Hilda tells you she broke up with him and her family moved out.

Kajia being daughter of the couple whish was killed doesn't fit...from what i remember, the daughter was send to a distant aunt, which had no connection with the templars, the truth about what has happened was hidden and the last will was to keep her out of their world.
Wasn't Kaija raised by her grandfather, don't really remember ?

Reactions: Alfred the Fallen

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
IIRC there is no mention about a daughter or any children, but it sounds like she had.
Linnae tells you she left her husband, Hilda tells you she broke up with him and her family moved out.

Kajia being daughter of the couple whish was killed doesn't fit...from what i remember, the daughter was send to a distant aunt, which had no connection with the templars, the truth about what has happened was hidden and the last will was to keep her out of their world.
Wasn't Kaija raised by her grandfather, don't really remember ?
The pendant is mere coincedence then ? (Linnae Elea) , About Kaija yes, I suspect that she ended with her grandpa for some reason, as well, also if you did take the tour with Kaija, Linnae, tells MC that she trained with a determination, which is odd (strange)

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
The pendant is mere coincedence then ? (Linnae Elea) , About Kaija yes, I suspect that she ended with her grandpa for some reason, as well, also if you did take the tour with Kaija, Linnae, tells MC that she trained with a determination, which is odd (strange)
They Eye of Horus I think seems to connect more than just coincidence...and not something Ceo so far has touched upon history/myth wise....but I'd be amazed if Egyption stuff is not touched upon eventually.

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
I'm not disagreeing that Elea could be Linnae's daughter, just saying no one confirmed that Linnae had a daughter, as far as i remember.
A other possiblity is it's a red herring, we know she's a geek and into mythology, so having this kind of necklace could just as well be explained that way. The eye of ra/horus is a more popular design, or at least i saw that a couple of times rl.
But yeah, i think changes she is her daughter are good.

There definitely is something in Kaija past which motivates her. The time Linnea forces you to talk with her she also says something among the lines of, we have courage, value oaths and have honor...which seems linked to her motivation, but i don't think it has to do with the death couple.

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Well damn, now I have to replay my Elea save and not hit on my future mother-in-law. Finnabair and Medb is bad enough, but to do it twice is just asking for Karma to come bite my poor MC on the butt.

Going back to the start of the game, why doesn't the company Elea and the MC work for have better security? It's obviously a Templar front where they keep all their in-the-dark children in one place to keep an eye on them. Surely they would have had some sort of security system in place to protect them? Then again, it is the Templars. Deception seems more important than protection to this mob.

Reactions: Maviarab
4.40 star(s) 45 Votes