VN Ren'Py The Neverwhere Tales [v0.5.0] [Ceolag]

4.40 star(s) 45 Votes

minibaer12

Oct 1, 2023
First....spoiler your damn post please.

Secondly, she is dead...D...E....A...D...she ain't coming back.
I never said otherwise!!! I just noted that the dev left a back door open and that it is up in the air whether he uses it or not. Nothing more.

Adhdclassic

Mar 10, 2024
Question is how and who killed her. I have a theory but since I really have issues with the spoiler button rather keep my mouth shut not to offend anyone.

Reactions: duckydoodoo

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
wondering whether the Dev is pulling THE trump card that he himself built into the plot???

He (the Dev) has created a way to prevent Finnabair's death!!!

[edit] We don't know what the Dev had in mind or what the purpose of her death is, and we know even less how the story continues. We also don't know if the Dev intentionally had or had this possibility in mind. We'll see in the future.
I never said otherwise!!! I just noted that the dev left a back door open and that it is up in the air whether he uses it or not. Nothing more.
There is no trump card, nor a backdoor.
She's death, we are at her funeral, her body is there, which we can clearly see and her remains get burned viking style.
-The End-

The purpose of her death is quite clear, it's escalating the conflict with the templars.

Dessolos

Devoted Member
Jul 25, 2017
only way I see that being a possibility is if someone like Nimue or a goddess used some kind of magic to bring her back from the dead but don't even know if there is magic strong enough for that in this world. Even if there is I'd say it's like 0.01% chance of happening.

Reactions: ModiThorrson

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
only way I see that being a possibility is if someone like Nimue or a goddess used some kind of magic to bring her back from the dead but don't even know if there is magic strong enough for that in this world. Even if there is I'd say it's like 0.01% chance of happening.
I don't think Nimue can change things as she wants and there are limits/restrictions to her ability. She would the most op character in existence otherwise, also deus ex machina sucks imo, even if i really like Finn.
I think Mav posted some answer from Ceolag's discord some time ago, which made it pretty clear it's final.

Reactions: Maviarab

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Question is how and who killed her. I have a theory but since I really have issues with the spoiler button rather keep my mouth shut not to offend anyone.
Even though you have a huge spoiler in what you still wrote...

:rolleyes:

Also i think Mav posted some answer from Ceolag's discord some time ago, which made it pretty clear it's final.
Thanks. I did and it is. Like talking to a godamn wall at times on this site.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
She is a gate keeper along with her father. She likes to jump into death duels.
Couple those thoughts with the fact that bounty hunter killers - like the lady with the hat promissed MC to kill him for his sword - they know Nimue lives in Alfheimr and she makes swords with outworldly powers - even the demons knew that sword was imbued with outworldly powers - why do you think they used it to try and assassinate MedB? - you should know by now that all the realms we know of - nowhere, Alfheims, Midgard and the demons know of the powerful artefacts and of Nimue existing in Alfheimr - so we got literally countless factions and powers and bounty hunters and assassins who know how to get to the entrance and might also know either who is there - Fin - the hothead elf death dueller - or that they would welcome a battle with the elves - like the demons outright did in neverwhere.

The list of possible culprits is endless - starting with the hat lady who might have gottten trigger happy waiting on MC who kept extending his stay while she wanted to kill him and get the sword already.
I don't think Nimue can change things as she wants and there are limits/restrictions to her ability
The one established super power is: Nimue grabs MC from the moment in time they talk to her, or just asks Fin to come with - they all have boners bigger than MC when it comes to infatuations with Nimue - then she delivers her and MC back to Midgard, or simply gets her back to her mom a couple of days after the funeral

Nimue might not necessarily be a goddess per se - but as a nimph she has access to the power of the lake, that power is massive, like stargate levels of massive.

Last edited:
Reactions: minibaer12

Adhdclassic

Mar 10, 2024
She is a gate keeper along with her father. She likes to jump into death duels.
Couple those thoughts with the fact that bounty hunter killers - like the lady with the hat promissed MC to kill him for his sword - they know Nimue lives in Alfheimr and she makes swords with outworldly powers - even the demons knew that sword was imbued with outworldly powers - why do you think they used it to try and assassinate MedB? - you should know by now that all the realms we know of - nowhere, Alfheims, Midgard and the demons know of the powerful artefacts and of Nimue existing in Alfheimr - so we got literally countless factions and powers and bounty hunters and assassins who know how to get to the entrance and might also know either who is there - Fin - the hothead elf death dueller - or that they would welcome a battle with the elves - like the demons outright did in neverwhere.

The list of possible culprits is endless - starting with the hat lady who might have gottten trigger happy waiting on MC who kept extending his stay while she wanted to kill him and get the sword already.

The one established super power is: Nimue grabs MC from the moment in time they talk to her, or just asks Fin to come with - they all have boners bigger than MC when it comes to infatuations with Nimue - then she delivers her and MC back to Midgard, or simply gets her back to her mom a couple of days after the funeral

Nimue might not necessarily be a goddess per se - but as a nimph she has access to the power of the lake, that power is massive, like stargate levels of massive.
As far as Nimue think the most she might do is show him the event. But he can't intervene.

Dessolos

Devoted Member
Jul 25, 2017
I don't think Nimue can change things as she wants and there are limits/restrictions to her ability. She would the most op character in existence otherwise, also deus ex machina sucks imo, even if i really like Finn.
I think Mav posted some answer from Ceolag's discord some time ago, which made it pretty clear it's final.
yeah I dont think so either but was more or less saying only if such magic existed only way I can see it happening.

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
Where do you see a backdoor? Finnabair is dead. Dead as the brain of "update when" spammers. They burned her corpse. We could see it. No way the king and two queens of the Ljósálfar made a show for the Callister brat, let alone Ailill and Medb.

Reactions: Grumpy Old Aussie

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
Where do you see a backdoor? Finnabair is dead. Dead as the brain of "update when" spammers. They burned her corpse. We could see it. No way the king and two queens of the Ljósálfar made a show for the Callister brat, let alone Ailill and Medb.
He probably meant Nimue's ability to travel through time.
But if it would be that easy Nimue could just as well tell them who is the third party, their reasons, where to attack them, traitors etc.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Also from someone who admits has only met her a hanfdul of times, a creature who generally stays away from the elves and from someone is already proven to be an unreliable narrator (deosn't even know her own Elven history correctly) and most likely only knows what she does about Nimue from rumours and tales.

How many times does this need repeating?

Travel yes, does she have control of where she ends up, does she travel the same timeline and can she interact within it or is she just an observer it doesn't say.
Precisely...also, it's very second-hand information and probably incorrect.

Last edited:

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023
No, that's an assumption the Álfar have about Nimue. Even if she could, why should she do something about it? She didn't prevent any of all the things happened. She could easily prevent all wars, yet she didn't.
Nimue did intervene with Arthur. Her connection to the element of water, represents both life and transformation. So I get where the theory is coming from. Ceolag has said she is dead, so that is the end of it for me. Finnabair won some hearts so I don't think it is unreasonable for people to look at the possibility of her coming back.

In saying that if you kill her at the start, that is the end of it. The MC is moved on so following that path there is no reason to seek her coming back. So as I said, Ceolag has written her off and said she is definitely dead and that is good enough for me. Bad shit happens to good people even in VNs.

Reactions: ename144
4.40 star(s) 45 Votes