blacktoad

Game Developer
Aug 27, 2019
Game is looking good , are there at least a couple hours of gameplay rn though?
No, it's around 30 min I think, atm.

Any plans for a Mac version in the future?
There is a V0.2 test build for Mac if you want to try it out:
For now, I can't commit to building and testing every version for Mac, because I need Mac to build, which I don't have :/

blacktoad

Game Developer
Aug 27, 2019
Yes, I spoke to both of them and to Boris. After talking to Boris and Nicole inside the office, the mc is automatically transported into the main bar room. After a brief talk and leaving the bar the mc meets Christina at the phone booth and after the talking she waits outside the bar near MC's car. Using the phone booth opens all empty address book.
Did you start a new game or was it a load game from V0.2?

Thanks. Christ, the game really doesn't indicate what you have to do next very well. Really needs a button for highlighting interactive items and a way to see current objectives.
Yup, it's a poor design choice :/ I will fix it. There was a current objective page, but I cut it out to save dev time.

blacktoad

Game Developer
Aug 27, 2019
My animation isn't showing during h-scenes, in v0.2 it was working properly but not in the latest version. Anyone knows why?
View attachment 1151308 v0.2
View attachment 1151307 v0.3
h scenes not loading for me
Same here. H scenes are not loading.
Hm, I changed the compression of videos to make them smaller, hoping to work better on slow PC's. But now they are not working at all. FML.

All of you guys are on Windows/PC, right?

blacktoad

Game Developer
Aug 27, 2019
When I try to call gina, there's no address in my notebook. How do I do that call??
I got a bug with the payphone, there is a woman on it but when I try to talk to her the character takes a stroll behind the building.
Edit: Sorry, does not work. Addressbook is empty - so no calling Gina. Cannot talk to Christina either, talk option still greyed out. Funny, loading your save makes the MC float around - walking animation is gone....
Same's here
Same pfft
Did you use a saved game from V0.2, or it's a new game?

Larsencm

May 26, 2017
I am on Windows, yes.
Can you change the video compression back to what it was to see if that fixes the bugs?

blacktoad

Game Developer
Aug 27, 2019
I am on Windows, yes.
Can you change the video compression back to what it was to see if that fixes the bugs?
Yes, I want to try fixing everything this week. Is it ok to pm you a test builds? So I can see is it working.

Larsencm

May 26, 2017
Sure. I would love to try it.
On another note I could not find how to save games.
Is there any way to do that in 0.3?

blacktoad

Game Developer
Aug 27, 2019
Could there be problems with loading older saves maybe?
I started over and played both of the routes multiple times to get all the stuff (only with saving and loading though) and the only "bug" I encountered was, that you could talk to the pancake bowl again to get the little scene with nancy again even though she left the room.
since the main problem seems to be the phone number and you get that in 0.1 maybe it doesnt get transfered correctly between versions.
If you started a new game though, I have no idea.

edit: found another little thing: if you take anna out to the cinema you can take the mike tape while she dresses up and it is still there just invisible.
Yes, about the phone number I am hoping it's a save game problem. The rest of the "bugs" I think it's just me being sloppy :/ Will fix it.

Reactions: lexxxi1

blacktoad

Game Developer
Aug 27, 2019
Sure. I would love to try it.
On another note I could not find how to save games.
Is there any way to do that in 0.3?
Thx! Yes, there is a little gear on the left side of the inventory. It will open the in-game menu with settings, save, load...

Reactions: lexxxi1

playboydx

Apr 27, 2017
At the part where Nick asks Anna out to go to the movies, I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do to proceed? (at her place while she changes)

blacktoad

Game Developer
Aug 27, 2019
does anyone know how to solve the low resolution problem? When I open the game the window is extremely small and even pressing "Alt + Enter" (forcing the full screen) the resolution is extremely low and indistinguishable ...
There are graphic/resolution settings in in-game menu, you can try that.

blacktoad

Game Developer
Aug 27, 2019
At the part where Nick asks Anna out to go to the movies, I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do to proceed? (at her place while she changes)
You need to pick up the movie on the left side of the TV. Then you can talk to Anna through the door. I know... For now just imagine Nick said to himself: "Hm, I am wondering if that Mike Johnson tape still around. Maybe I can take it, it will be useful later on." :D

blacktoad

Game Developer
Aug 27, 2019
is there a way to review the objectives?
Looks super good! Short but sweet. My biggest suggestion would to implement objectives into the UI somewhere, they only flash up really quickly and then are gone, which is really tedious. I also encountered a few bugs (latest version and just started playing, so no old save issue). 1) Diner kitchen was buggy/could retake or remix the ingredients which would repeat the scene over and over. 2) could not talk to the woman at the parking lot (the country singer) after a reload. 3) hotel/brother scene was skipping out, when there was supposed to be a blowjob scene I could only see the hotel lobby.

Overall looks really cool, but the objective tracker needs to be in the game 100%
There was an objective (to do list) in the Black Book. But I decided to throw it out. System i could make for tracking objectives was too complicated, and I was wasting a lot of time to make it work. Maybe I will change game design to be more linear, so there is no need for objective list... More like old point-and-click, less RPG I guess.

diegowithdelay

Nov 10, 2017
Very nice game, i liked it a lot.

I think that a button to make the to do list visible for a few seconds would be nice.

PototoChip

Apr 3, 2019
The H scenes are not playing for me on any resolution. it was fine with the previous version.
Also when waiting for Anna to change I can turn on the TV but I can't load any tapes in the VCR.
Yup same in windows 7 64 bit, this is only in 0.3, it worked well in 0.2

4.60 star(s) 136 Votes