4.30 star(s) 8 Votes

vilewe7570

Oct 5, 2021
I am both excited, and pants shittingly anxious.
Hopefully the blender version gets some of the basic Ren'Py features right like save/load, auto/fast forward dialogue, etc. No ETA is kinda shitty, couldn't just pull one out of your ass? Those are bs numbers anyway and even if someone says 'what about that ETA you promised months ago?' you can simply reply with 'The past me was an idiot for thinking all the shit promised could be done in such a short ETA, present me now gives you a new ETA with hopeful dreams of tomorrow, and future me hangs his head in shame for even thinking either ETAs were possible by mortal men...'

• Angry
Reactions: S1nsational

DuckDev Games

Game Developer
Jun 12, 2022
Hopefully the blender version gets some of the basic Ren'Py features right like save/load, auto/fast forward dialogue, etc. No ETA is kinda shitty, couldn't just pull one out of your ass? Those are bs numbers anyway
Honestly didn't know those were an issue, never had any during testing or seen it ever mentioned here. Either way, everything is getting re-written from the ground up, so any old issues will be gone.

As far as a lack of ETA goes, it's purely for Patreon, not necessarily here. I know the kinds of fiends that lurk around on F95, been here long enough to know any ETA would be constantly complained about no matter what, whereas people who support on Patreon have a right to complain if an ETA is missed since there's monetary support behind it.

The entire Blender Edition stuff is a band-aid I just have to rip off. I know some will find it disappointing, but it's really not an easy decision, and it certainly wasn't made within a day.

MagnaSonic3000

Jan 22, 2018
With the fact a lot of illusion game use a mushroom for a penis icon, I will never not see Kino's cap as a euphemism for a dick. A literal dick head.

The only thing I can't stop staring at is also her cap; it's still the old cap compared to her more blue focused outfit. Her old clothes matched the cap, but now her outfit calls attention to it the most.

Godzilla45

Feb 25, 2020
Seems I found this game at quite the timing huh. Moving to Blender is certainly a very big move, what with making everything from scratch, but it does come without the restrictiveness of the koi engine. And hey, maybe once you're done, you can actually monetize it since it's not using KK anymore, but idk how that works. Can't comment on how the game is since I haven't played it yet, but hopefully all goes well for you.

Reactions: vilewe7570

DuckDev Games

Game Developer
Jun 12, 2022
With the fact a lot of illusion game use a mushroom for a penis icon, I will never not see Kino's cap as a euphemism for a dick. A literal dick head.

The only thing I can't stop staring at is also her cap; it's still the old cap compared to her more blue focused outfit. Her old clothes matched the cap, but now her outfit calls attention to it the most.
nkXSPwy.jpg

Fazed

Nov 21, 2018
Man I just remembered about this game after playing it a while ago. I greatly enjoyed it and was looking for more. I hope blender works out. I know of a few devs that have gone that route to get over the limitations of illusions software. Hope the art style stays relatively similar though.

Reactions: Back

ugonna100

Oct 11, 2021
Does anyone know any games like this one with such a fun atmosphere? Especially good koikatsu-style art games. This is pretty great and since its going through an engine rehaul i'd like to pick something up in the meantime

c4145317

Oct 14, 2019
Does anyone know any games like this one with such a fun atmosphere? Especially good koikatsu-style art games. This is pretty great and since its going through an engine rehaul i'd like to pick something up in the meantime
There's this you can dig through: https://f95zone.to/threads/all-koikatu-based-games.26530/
For some recommendations off the top of my head I've got: Hero's Harem Guild, God & Void, Goddess' Whim, and The Daily Life of The Pan Hero. God & Void is probably the most similar of the bunch, atmosphere wise.

Back

Aug 3, 2017
I'm getting the impression that this is a fun, light-hearted game with what appears to be an actual (albeit light) plot with a healthy dose of humor. Is that correct? I'm not gonna suddenly see that cute chibi girl die a horrible, gory death for example, right?

I hope it'll be the former and not the latter. Said respectively, of course, as I'm not dissuading anyone from their enjoyment if it really does end up being a dark game under the bubbly veneer it's presenting on the surface. If it is the more of a cheerfully happy type of game, then welcome me to the fold, yeah? :D

Whichever the case may be, I hope y'all continue to have fun with the game and wishing all the best to the creator or dev team. Cheers!

Reactions: DuckDev Games

Bse

Aug 1, 2019
I hope i see your work in time. Your game is interesting and make fun to play. The wet Mushroom in Pool and so on Hope i see more of it soone. THX for your work.

• Red Heart
Reactions: DuckDev Games

DuckDev Games

Game Developer
Jun 12, 2022
So how is the blender adaptation coming along DuckDev Games ?
Current main focus is character designs, I have been trying to make Mina look more Monk'esk but I've had to do that in Blender rather than use assets in Koi. As soon as I've ran the poll for Riko's design I'll be starting the Goblin Cave arc.

The Goblin Cave arc would have started earlier since the enviro's are complete, but I have been pretty sick for a while now. Not dying before it's asked, I'm just on medication that hasn't been working as well as it should as of late and came down with a nasty flu.

MinaPants.PNG

4.30 star(s) 8 Votes