VN Unity The Northwood Lair [v1.35.3] [Stratovarius]

3.30 star(s) 9 Votes

xbuster25

Sep 21, 2017
Ok, I've reuploaded and posted new links in the OP. I downloaded file back from Mega, and certain at least that one works. The other two mirrors I'm pulling from now, but they're not the fastest. Will redo them again if needed.

Please reply to this message or @ me if there are other issues. Below I'm @'ing anyone who posted or liked the messages about the corrupted files so they're notified that it's fixed.

@Antrumon @xbuster25 @jugde @Arkaykami @AuroraVT @Lordhellsing @btyrellb125 @Ion_Boltz @Gomez @Orwell @Huntar @Giantpenguindude @mms1987 @fursnap9k1 @Nostalgiac
the repack work thank

Arkaykami

Oct 3, 2017
Ok, I've reuploaded and posted new links in the OP. I downloaded file back from Mega, and certain at least that one works. The other two mirrors I'm pulling from now, but they're not the fastest. Will redo them again if needed.

Please reply to this message or @ me if there are other issues. Below I'm @'ing anyone who posted or liked the messages about the corrupted files so they're notified that it's fixed.

@Antrumon @xbuster25 @jugde @Arkaykami @AuroraVT @Lordhellsing @btyrellb125 @Ion_Boltz @Gomez @Orwell @Huntar @Giantpenguindude @mms1987 @fursnap9k1 @Nostalgiac
works just fine :D
btw, i cant see the new 9 h animation, where are those hidden?

bas

retired
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
works just fine :D
btw, i cant see the new 9 h animation, where are those hidden?
Sorry, no idea. Haven't had time to play the game myself.

Anyone else that can answer, please?

asdasdfasdfas

May 11, 2018
Thanks! I added the link to the OP and credited you. Please @ me if you have to take it down.
any news on what the new scenes are? would be a lot easier then having to search every single area and trying to figure them out from pure memory of what scenes were in the previous build.

IAmTerror

May 28, 2017
Christ on sale... how is this game so large? That's like a small AAA title filesize. How long is this damn thing?

bas

retired
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
any news on what the new scenes are? would be a lot easier then having to search every single area and trying to figure them out from pure memory of what scenes were in the previous build.
I just dug around and found the updated the change log & added to the OP, if that helps? Sorry, haven't played the game myself so that's about

anonim138

Oct 7, 2017
Holy shit, thats some quality material right here. I was waiting for some goody 3d game in early beta stage, but holy hell that was more than I expected. The UI, models and optimization need some rework, but I expect in two years this project to go places. Maybe we will have first full fleged sex rpg by then. At least it will do better than MGI.
The author definitely needs more attention and funding, don't know if he's gonna do much with only 2k. Also block the story mode button, since it leads only to battle (unless it actually can be beaten). This may confuse people, like that one numbnut who downvoted this project without looking at proper content.
Spread the word people, I really vouch for this one.

Arkaykami

Oct 3, 2017
Holy shit, thats some quality material right here. I was waiting for some goody 3d game in early beta stage, but holy hell that was more than I expected. The UI, models and optimization need some rework, but I expect in two years this project to go places. Maybe we will have first full fleged sex rpg by then. At least it will do better than MGI.
The author definitely needs more attention and funding, don't know if he's gonna do much with only 2k. Also block the story mode button, since it leads only to battle (unless it actually can be beaten). This may confuse people, like that one numbnut who downvoted this project without looking at proper content.
Spread the word people, I really vouch for this one.
this project started in 2015 and i was as impressed as you are now when i first heard about it in 2016.
After 2 years of following, this guy needs to be more organized for sure, he is doing a lot by himself and dividing his efforts in different games (he has 2 other games+videos+apps) is not helping him. Plus, he should also define what the game will actually be, right now we have free play and it's pretty much all there is. Story mode hasnt had a change in a long time and the RPG mode hasnt had any changes since i saw it back in 2016.
You are right in saying that this game can go places, but this guy needs to learn to work more proffesionally or at least plan ahead for something and deliver (for a good example, look for DarkHound1's Holiday Island, that guy plans and delivers while also listening to feedback, backers and followers alike). Right now this game isnt a big thing because this guy "wings it" according to what he feels like doing.
I dont believe his attitude is bad, if it's whats keeping him working on it then its fine. Im just saying that unless this guy changes the way he approaches the game as a developer then in 2 years time i bet it's gonna have a few animations, a few scenes (which many of them are still in construction after YEARS) and a few new characters.
I just hope this game gets the development it deserves, because as of right now, its developer doesnt have an accurate idea of where this is going (or he doesnt have his priorities set in terms of development)
sorry for the long post.
I still hve to find the new 9 new h animations from the 1.32 version of the game

Arkaykami

Oct 3, 2017
dont understand this game at all, just free play works and u can just watch few scenes, rpg mode cant pass the gate ,story mode only battle and cant win...
i kinda explain that in the post just above yours. The developer (who i think is just one guy) is not developing like most people do. usually a developer sets himself a clear goal for a game, then develops the game around that goal. This guy however, doesnt do that. all he is doing is just going for something he feels like doing.
Let me explain in more detail (Long post ahead, sorry for the trouble, im really pissed off at this guy)
When i came upon this game, this guy had developed the rpg mode, which is pretty much the same as it was back in 2016. This was ok because i thought that he was going for 2 modes in the game, one where you played as the master of the northwood layer (which is the free play mode) and one where you played as miku and tried to escape the northwood layer. This, was fine.
Moving forward in time, combat mode in the story (which has been like that for a year now) was released, and there was no news on the rpg system while free play mode had a few more animations and scenes.
This is where i started to notice some problems with the game, so i went to check on the patreon. He is developing not one, but 3 separate games with 3 different focus. there is the miku waifu mode, which i believe should be just like the northwood lair but with miku as a waifu and nothing more. There is a game which is pretty much a visual novel (or should work like that).
But the problem doesnt end there. He is one person, and there is a limit on how fast can a person develop one game. He hasnt made the main game mechanics and is still releasing content that doesnt move forward the project as a whole.
This way of doing things would never work in common games, it only works on hentai games because we come for the content and not the gameplay. That is the reason developers can do this kind of shit.
I know the game has good content (i am rather impressed by it to be honest) but this guy doesnt focus on one aspect of it and just develops something for some time, then never touches it again.
I am not against him doing what he like or feels like doing. I am against him developing a game that people have to pay for to play without a clear focus on content. This game has a ton of content for the small time he puts in said content, now just imagine how much content could he have put out if he had just focused on the free play mode alone.
This game could be a big thing just for the amount of content alone, but since this guy is not consistent, we have a pretty tiny thing.
The game is fine now, but believe me when i say, this game could be a beast with the proper focus from the developer.

Sorry for the long post

Reactions: TaPond and boNkaz

AkitosDespair

Oct 23, 2017
does anybody know how to get passed the 1st part in story mode? im stuck in an endless loop of attack and air strike

Arkaykami

Oct 3, 2017
does anybody know how to get passed the 1st part in story mode? im stuck in an endless loop of attack and air strike
you cant, it says so before you start the game. just press ESC to exit and play the free play mode. It has content and it's pretty good considering the low amount of time he puts into that part of it

Kairuser

Apr 15, 2018
what is the game's requirement ?
i have a low-end pc which is only 2gb of ram, can i play it?

3.30 star(s) 9 Votes