ronchonbon

Game Developer
Jul 18, 2019
Hey there. I'm seeking reliable and collaborative programmers with experience in Ren'Py to assist with an adventure/dating sim/sandbox game I've recently begun development on. The work is a spin-off of a mod that I've been working on for a popular trainer game - we've decided to take it to the next level and make it its own game.

Since this is a spin-off of work already completed, we have a significant part of the codebase completed. What I'm looking for are people to help develop more advanced features.

Note that this is not a commercial project - the game will be released for free. I am funding the game, with support from donations.
*Since* this project started as a mod for a popular Ren'Py trainer game, and *since* many of the project's mechanics were designed with the art for that original game in mind, I think you will find that it is quite easy to find both the code and the art to facilitate this end-user modification to our game.
The reason you are seeing information about this project at all is that I believe in transparency and hope. I want people to know that someone out there is working on this game.

Artein

Jul 5, 2017
I'll keep my eye on it. RL:E was the first adult game that I ever supported. It started pretty good, but I dislike most of new characters. Rogue and Kitty were great, almost take out of the animated show. Emma had a great base model and an original one, but during sex scenes she looked weird. Further characters turned even more into a style that wasn't matching X-Men: Evolution. I also disliked how Jean is a stundent while Emma is an adult and a teacher. It kills their dynamics of rivals. And extremely slow updates with barely any content in it. I still enjoyed it and restarted and replayed the game multiple times over the years. You get to the point where every girl is willing to do everything with you, in public and in a threesome and you're done. There's no story to it, barely any meaningful events. Would be nice to have some ending, something simply, like a character we like the most in a wedding dress or pregnant, or all characters in one picture covered in main character's cum or something. An unlockable gallery would also be nice. Nope, we're getting a new girl.

This one looks cool. I like the art style, I just hope that current Emma is just a placeholder. I would also change the font in the game, right now it looks like an actual ripoff. There are also some bugs, I encountered Rogue and Laura in the shower, they were fine with undressing and taking a shower with me, despite not willing to even kiss me in their rooms. And once in the class Laura suddenly became topless, then undressed and put on a different clothes, piece by piece. There might be more, but I was unable to get past Day 5, because of all the freezes. Hopefully it'll get fixed in the next update. I would also love to see a list of characters planned for the game, at least something beyond Rogue and Laura.

I'll keep an eye on the project because it looks promising and I'm an X-Men fan.

Ligth

Jul 23, 2019
Uh... okay dude.
I'm Quote this because I don't know how to call a specific user

playing the game I saw that it has a menu of cheats to increase the stats of the girls, but I can't find how to return after opening that menu

ronchonbon

Game Developer
Jul 18, 2019
I'm Quote this because I don't know how to call a specific user

playing the game I saw that it has a menu of cheats to increase the stats of the girls, but I can't find how to return after opening that menu
The cheat menu is really buggy, sorry about that. You exit it by scrolling down and clicking "Done" :)

Vayra3001

Jul 22, 2020
Okey so far from what i have read both sides are kind of right but we need to see it not only from the present focus point of this proyect but with his past. If i read correctly this proyect born as a mod with high images and some other things no problem there because this technically are from ronchon. but them to jump to a proyect that is in theory a copy of other creators proyect in this case ONI is other thing entirely, because is stealing in this case the idea of the project and thats bad, there are many reason for why is bad but i consider one of the most important the one that if you steal the idea of another you close yourself to the potencial of what both can retro-learn from one another.

But i will leave some suggestion to maybe instead fix the vision that this proyect is having:

1.You can try to contact with ONI and talk about the project and have his blessing, i mean for what i know he is not so detach from his fans as the ones like Borsch the creator of Witch Hunter Trainer, if all goes well you can have a relationship like Ferdasf and Night Mirror the ones from Rick and Morty Away back home and Rick and Morty Another way back home respectfully .

2.You can havein the credits of your proyect the ONI name given the the credits of the idea and the inspiration given to know that it was from him that the project is possible and a reality is a good touch and a sing of good will at least a little i know a guy from the reddit of darkest dungeon that he was making a VN of the game with modded classes and he wont contact the creator i think it was because there were so many and he was can of scare if they dont permited use there mods that he in the credits put the names of all the creators of the mods and the images and assest and a little letter of how much he love the mods and the game i guess it help that he dont make any money he done all that for free.

but hey i can see this project born as a passion and inspiration from the work of other and it says the best form of appreciation to a creator is to getting helping be know andget inspiration from him and his project.

Papyasgore

Mar 25, 2019
From what I can tell this is a mod that has now turned into it own separate project inspired by the original game. I also can see that not enough time has passed for it to different itself from its original inspiration. Give it some time and it will come into its own and we'll have two really neat games with similar ideas but different endgoals and progress paths.

Reactions: Eland51298

shiroyuk

Aug 25, 2019
ronchonbo

Don't give up the game. If you started doing it because you like it and want to bring fun to the players. So don't give up no matter how many people hate or criticize the game. just do it for those who support your work and for yourself. Ignore the haters as I said in my last post. If the criticisms have a valid reason and are constructive it's fine to listen to them, but ignore those who just want to bring you down for meaningless reasons.

Relax, there is no reason to stress. You don't have to explain yourself either, you don't have to defend yourself. Instead, use your time to continue working on your game. As the old saying goes "Sometimes actions are worth a thousand words".

PS: You could put in the preference an option that selects the quality resolution and quality of the game to see if it solves the problem that me and some others not being able to play. It would be good to get in touch with the players who had the same problem and see if they have something in common to get any clues as to what is causing it. for example: if this only occurs after the 4th day. like in my case it gets worse and starts to hang or some option that we select. I am available for demo testing to see if the changes you make work or not. So I can keep testing until I find the error. Because it's really unbearable to play the way it is now.

Sorry if it's hard to understand what I'm talking about or if there are many grammar mistakes, because I'm using an online translator, I'm terrible with English. My native language is Brazilian Portuguese.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2017
if i completely copy the monalisa but edit it by giving her a pixie cut and a officer friendly mustache and i put a tea cup in her hand, does it make it its own original work. im pretty sure at least US law says it does. stop whining about it. if oni has an issue with it then let oni deal with it. the rest of you are nosy neighbors at this point. edit i believe this validates my point.

now for the game its self, its pretty buggy you deff got some work ahead of you but im digging the art style. just make sure the scenes are animated and not static.

shiroyuk

Aug 25, 2019
very laggy game.

i push 20 times on done and still in cheat menu
I don't even know where this cheat menu is, but if you've clicked it about 20 times and nothing happened, it's probably crashed. and kill the task manager process if it persists after 1-3 minutes.

Just out of curiosity these banners of Bella and what game? Seems to have good graphics at the very least.

Nov 1, 2018
"We're not using any of Oni's code" "In the proces of modding Rogue-Like I rewrote so much code that it bears no resemblence"

Are you dumb or just a scumbag?

No one asks for money on Patreon that's literally how it works so don't act high and might like "I didn't ask for people to do it" You expect some to support you or you wouldn't have made the page for people to be donating now. Nobody here was born yesterday the patreon "Is for your personal coding projects" and you just so happen to "Be making a ripped off game your own way" wow imagine that coincidenece.

This thread isn't only for people who play the game. It's not derailed, it's all relevant to the game and it's creator* I say creator because you started out modding someone else's game as you, yourself admitted. You didn't change the concept, you didn't change the UI really, etc.

I was very excited to see this game, I love X-men, I think there should be waay more X-men, I mad now and won't be playing this because some creator, can't even bother to be original and has to rip off someone else's shit. Then gets defensive as if you're too dumb to understand what you were doing and pretend like it's otherwise. You obviously know coding, you obviously can get good artwork, but you don't seem to have an original creative bone in your body to do your own original thing, SAD.
But people do ask for money on patreon... updates/polls/game information is consistently locked behind Patreon... one example is Park After Dark, another is Life In Woodchester, and there's many more. People use Patreon for locking content so only "supporters" can have it. Also Oni's story is a good idea but Oni is a lazy fuck to be honest, how many years has it been since the game came out and it's still a buggy mess with maybe 2-3 hours of content? If this guy spits out an update every two months, he'll already start catching up on Oni... Oni releases what, 4-5 scenes in 6 months?? Hell Jubilee was just added like January and her scenes aren't even complete while you have games like Confined With Goddesses that started and are pretty much over in a year with miles of content more than Rouge Like Evolution and Confined With Goddesses has one person doing the coding, art, writing, and running more stuff while having a full time job. Sorry, but if Oni wasn't so damn lazy, we wouldn't need a game like this. Oni held a treat in front of us which we love but is taking forever for it, I genuinely thought it was abandoned many times...It's almost Alice Awakening posting schedule (before the abandonment, hope he's ok because he's in Russia)

Reactions: Page11
4.60 star(s) 147 Votes