Bosss

May 1, 2017
We do not confirm who will be in the game until they appear in the game.

Any discussion I have in regards to girls not currently in the game requires the words "IF", "MAYBE", and "POSSIBLY."

So Kitty maybe we may possibly add her if she is decided upon. :p

If this policy changes, I'll let y'all know.

The only affirmative language I'm allowed to use until then is mentioning that Kitty does appear in the comics during the timeline we are adapting for the game.
Thx, I got it. But still, I beg, make her cute and petit. Look at "Oni`s Kitty" as base. Not an Evolution/Comix. Please)

• Angry
Reactions: Evil13

Dante20

Dec 19, 2018
Don't know if this is true, but. I read the game take place in 2005. Is this true? and if it is.... the girls and the MC will get older as the time goes by?

ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
Thx, I got it. But still, I beg, make her cute and petit. Look at "Oni`s Kitty" as base. Not an Evolution/Comix. Please)
Oni's Kitty is based on Evolution. :unsure:

Basing her off of her earlier appearances in the comic has her plenty cute and petite.

Don't know if this is true, but. I read the game take place in 2005. Is this true? and if it is.... the girls and the MC will get older as the time goes by?
Eh, we keep on going back and forth about whether 2005 is a confirmed year.

At first, it was "vaguely early 2000s" because we need Magento and Xavier to still be alive and not bedridden old men.

But then I suggested 2005 because we REALLY do not want to have to write about 9/11 considering the game is being set in New York. The MC would probably see the fire in the distance from his bedroom window.

It honestly changes about every other day of whether the game is set in 2005 or vaguely "mid-2000s." A lot of the style, architecture, and technology presented will give that feel. Excluding any gadgets you get from the X-Men themselves.

But to answer your question in regards to aging, yes. The characters and the MC will grow older as time passes.

However, the story will be taking place over 5 years with a 6th year being free-roam similar to Bully's "Endless Summer" mode.

You don't have to be concerned about everyone turning into old ladies. The oldest Jean will get is 27 as she starts the game at 21.

We're gonna have fun with it. A feature, that won't be in the initial release, we've been storyboarding is girls, and other characters, switching up super suits and hairstyles as time passes. You'd still be able to customize their outfits and hair so look at it more like the options are unlocking as you progress in the game.

arashiki

Apr 6, 2018
"At first, it was "vaguely early 2000s" because we need Magento and Xavier to still be alive and not bedridden old men. "

cool did'nt know he was'nt called after his power but after his color:sneaky::sneaky::D

Conrad-N7

May 8, 2020
makes me curious what will be Emma's design. I honestly cant remember what comics were in what year so i got no idea what the source is :KEK:

ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
"At first, it was "vaguely early 2000s" because we need Magento and Xavier to still be alive and not bedridden old men. "

cool did'nt know he was'nt called after his power but after his color:sneaky::sneaky::D
I mean he looks plenty magento to me :p
Magneto+LEGAL.jpg
makes me curious what will be Emma's design. I honestly cant remember what comics were in what year so i got no idea what the source is :KEK:
Eh we're not limiting ourselves to anything specific unless it's iconic to the story. Rogue's Savage Lands outfit is something I feel you'd all dog pile on us if we left out.
rogue-savage-land-variant-cover.jpg
So an outfit from stories that happen after our planned stop in the timeline is very doable.

Dante20

Dec 19, 2018
Oni's Kitty is based on Evolution. :unsure:

Basing her off of her earlier appearances in the comic has her plenty cute and petite.

Eh, we keep on going back and forth about whether 2005 is a confirmed year.

At first, it was "vaguely early 2000s" because we need Magento and Xavier to still be alive and not bedridden old men.

But then I suggested 2005 because we REALLY do not want to have to write about 9/11 considering the game is being set in New York. The MC would probably see the fire in the distance from his bedroom window.

It honestly changes about every other day of whether the game is set in 2005 or vaguely "mid-2000s." A lot of the style, architecture, and technology presented will give that feel. Excluding any gadgets you get from the X-Men themselves.

But to answer your question in regards to aging, yes. The characters and the MC will grow older as time passes.

However, the story will be taking place over 5 years with a 6th year being free-roam similar to Bully's "Endless Summer" mode.

You don't have to be concerned about everyone turning into old ladies. The oldest Jean will get is 27 as she starts the game at 21.

We're gonna have fun with it. A feature, that won't be in the initial release, we've been storyboarding is girls, and other characters, switching up super suits and hairstyles as time passes. You'd still be able to customize their outfits and hair so look at it more like the options are unlocking as you progress in the game.
Thanks for you explanation, really wish to play this game and see how you guys adapt comics events in this game.

Laritas

Jul 10, 2023
Yes, well, people's fingers are itching. If the game is even remotely as good as Rogue-like: Evolution (which The Null Hypothesis apparently took inspiration from) then it will be great. Just look at the Rogue-like discussion threat. It will soon be approaching 1500 pages. How many games on F95 can claim that?

That means people are excited about the game. Me too. But I'm practicing patience. There is a lot of love and passion in such games. No quickly slapped away soulless AAA games. And as the saying goes: “Good games take time.”

JeremyRenner

Dec 18, 2021
Yes, well, people's fingers are itching. If the game is even remotely as good as Rogue-like: Evolution (which The Null Hypothesis apparently took inspiration from) then it will be great. Just look at the Rogue-like discussion threat. It will soon be approaching 1500 pages. How many games on F95 can claim that?

That means people are excited about the game. Me too. But I'm practicing patience. There is a lot of love and passion in such games. No quickly slapped away soulless AAA games. And as the saying goes: “Good games take time.”
This made me realize how insane it is that the discussion for null hypothesis has 103 pages and the first build hasn't released yet, people are definitely excited!!

ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
This made me realize how insane it is that the discussion for null hypothesis has 103 pages and the first build hasn't released yet, people are definitely excited!!
And I think people's expectations will be met. Going off of our beta testers (Who I know half of them read this thread) we've gone way beyond "Rogue Like but with story."

krazy4games

May 4, 2018
Is it mainly bug stomping at this point? Or are there a few more things that need to get added before the first release still? Or both?

potatoezzz

Jun 1, 2020
hi how far well we get in the first release? I know the story will be in years but like will the first release be until the first year, first sem or just a few weeks and sandbox?

aj1

Aug 5, 2016
hi how far well we get in the first release? I know the story will be in years but like will the first release be until the first year, first sem or just a few weeks and sandbox?
You play through a year, so 4 seasons. Each with their own weather and clothing etc. Each semester has a story to it of which you are given the option to continue with the story or continue in the sandbox. Continuing increases the options available to you.

potatoezzz

Jun 1, 2020
You play through a year, so 4 seasons. Each with their own weather and clothing etc. Each semester has a story to it of which you are given the option to continue with the story or continue in the sandbox. Continuing increases the options available to you.
oh wow nice! Nice to know ronchon isnt milking this unlike certain developers *cough* *cough* oni *cough* *cough*

4.60 star(s) 152 Votes