merleved

Mar 17, 2023
Hmm someone posted a facepalm emote on my post with console commands
View attachment 3066565
Someone called merleved?
View attachment 3066562
I wonder what he's thinking... Let's check its profile
View attachment 3066566
Ah yeah, it's because of that specific line isn't?
View attachment 3066564

Listen, buddy, we need to talk about your gatekeeping...
Nah, nothing to do with that. Mostly just facepalming about you constantly complaining about things like 'the grind' and trying to hack, break , and shortcut the game all the the time. But see, I was attempting to be diplomatic about it and not disrupt the thread, hence using a simple facepalm emoji to express my weariness with your posts. But since you decided to call me out directly and make it a thing, well, here we are. ;)

drifter139

Dec 11, 2019
Hmm someone posted a facepalm emote on my post with console commands
View attachment 3066565
Someone called merleved?
View attachment 3066562
I wonder what he's thinking... Let's check its profile
View attachment 3066566
Ah yeah, it's because of that specific line isn't?
View attachment 3066564

Listen, buddy, we need to talk about your gatekeeping...
I wouldn't call it gatekeeping. they just brought up the point that you guys are trying to break the code to make what feels like an easy game easier. there's no reason this has to become uncivilized

Crel

Jun 5, 2018
Only thing this game needed modified were the handful of instance of this threshold check!

if (not flags["wear_in_public"] and (flags["activewear"] or flags["swimwear"]) and approval_check(Girl, threshold = 1.0*Girl.Outfit.shame, extra_condition = "new_Outfit")) or approval_check(Girl, threshold = 0.4*Girl.Outfit.shame, extra_condition = "new_Outfit"):

Jul 9, 2022
I did? I may have been overzealous. I remember when "Early Spring 2023" was our original release projection.

If I did say that, then the statement needs to be altered to that there are several POSSIBLE villains that you MAY be able to have one-night stands with.

Okay, this I know I didn't do because we're a ways off from going near Days of Future Past. We still gotta get through Phoenix Saga.
Sorry dude, my bad. I was thinking of the posts you made back when you first joined the project. It's been months, and I didn't bother to reread the old posts like I should have before posting. I'll avoid doing that in the future so I won't be sharing bad/out-of date info.

GAB

Salty Montrealer
Donor
May 10, 2017
I wouldn't call it gatekeeping. they just brought up the point that you guys are trying to break the code to make what feels like an easy game easier. there's no reason this has to become uncivilized
I used the wrong word so that's fair. Nitpicking would be more appropriate

ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
Sorry dude, my bad. I was thinking of the posts you made back when you first joined the project. It's been months, and I didn't bother to reread the old posts like I should have before posting. I'll avoid doing that in the future so I won't be sharing bad/out-of date info.
Yer good fam. I was in full hype mode and probably said a lot of things that weren't really feasible in early releases.

Good news though is that we are taking a look at a potential combat system again. So the plot won't instantly hand Null his ass. :LOL:

drifter139

Dec 11, 2019
Yer good fam. I was in full hype mode and probably said a lot of things that weren't really feasible in early releases.

Good news though is that we are taking a look at a potential combat system again. So the plot won't instantly hand Null his ass. :LOL:
it's normal to say what the game will have at the beginning. as progression happens, you realize some of the things you wanted in the game aren't feasible and you adjust accordingly to make up for them. I also wanted to suggest adding the ability to take pictures with someone during an important event like a first date or hanging out by the pool. could be fun. could also include a random chance for Kurt to bamf into the back of the picture as the mutant photo bomb lol

Reactions: merleved

ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
it's normal to say what the game will have at the beginning. as progression happens, you realize some of the things you wanted in the game aren't feasible and you adjust accordingly to make up for them.
Yeah, the good news is that great deal of stuff we had to cut is going to be introduced in the updates leading up to Chapter 2. Not all of it since some things just aren't doable in renpy (Such as my side-scrolling beat'em up combat idea) but a bunch of it will be.

I also wanted to suggest adding the ability to take pictures with someone during an important event like a first date or hanging out by the pool. could be fun. could also include a random chance for Kurt to bamf into the back of the picture as the mutant photo bomb lol
This is a good idea. I'll run it by the dev team.

BigESmOke

Jun 17, 2020
Yeah, the good news is that great deal of stuff we had to cut is going to be introduced in the updates leading up to Chapter 2. Not all of it since some things just aren't doable in renpy (Such as my side-scrolling beat'em up combat idea) but a bunch of it will be.

This is a good idea. I'll run it by the dev team.
Since a side scrolling beat me up is impossible myb a turn based combat system instead
I mean there already is a leveling system all we need now are dungeons and enemies and this game will work like persona game except with sexy mutants , superpowers , AND SEXY MUTANTS

mr.AwesomeGameTaste

Feb 18, 2021
Just wanted to say congrats to the devs. This is an excellent trainer game. I feel like it improved over RLE in all the ways i found it lacking. Mainly the characters feel more like they are in the comics. I was also surprised by the amount of content this update had. I had a lot of fun playing and honestly don't have much to complain about other than lack of titjobs.
Anyone knows how they are planning to progress? 3 new girls each update? If so, do we know who will be included other than storm? Anyways I also hope there will be some new content for the 3 girls we already have, even though it seems like we've progressed all the way with them. Once more,great job.

Mugetsu_x

Mar 22, 2018
Anyone knows how they are planning to progress? 3 new girls each update?
It'd be more accurate to say each following chapter. Now the main focus is on expanding the content of ch1. But in general, yes, each new chapter has 3 main girls. Although the devs don't exclude additional girls if there are funds for it (so called add-ons).

If so, do we know who will be included other than storm?
The devs won't confirm any of the girls in the game beforehand, but Shiny hinted that they'll appear according to the events in the original comics, so... take a guess.
Anyways I also hope there will be some new content for the 3 girls we already have, even though it seems like we've progressed all the way with them
No worries, the devs do have plans to expand the story of existing characters :)

• Red Heart
Reactions: mr.AwesomeGameTaste
Aug 15, 2021
Only thing this game needed modified were the handful of instance of this threshold check!

if (not flags["wear_in_public"] and (flags["activewear"] or flags["swimwear"]) and approval_check(Girl, threshold = 1.0*Girl.Outfit.shame, extra_condition = "new_Outfit")) or approval_check(Girl, threshold = 0.4*Girl.Outfit.shame, extra_condition = "new_Outfit"):
This one is actually really fair. (Your complaint, not the system)

The system weight on things to determine the threshold for the outfit shame is a salnted a bit far towards the conservative. This can lead to some really interesting situations where a girl might be completely willing to allow you to throw her around the bedroom like a rag doll, but when you ask her to wear something sexy she acts shocked.

The code for how it is determined is actually really cleverly implemented., Unfortunately its one of those features where 'if they had just another week to do more beta testing...". Fortunately, if you want to do modding its also really easy to adjust. Heck, if you really wanted to you could just mod it so they'll bang you from day one... kind of defeats the point of the game, but that is the glory of mods.

bluewolfzer

Jun 18, 2022
Been checking the thread a while now and just wanted to know are the bugs really that bad as people say?

Throughout my entire playthrough, I've encountered a shit ton of them bust just kept clicking the ignore button in the renpy error screen. It just places me back into the game without much of an issue? Sure I might skip a scene but its really no biggy since most of the time ignoring it then continuing fixes the problem.

Am I just lucky or is it one of those cases where people just dont like seeing the error screen and just reboot the game. Just curious

ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
Turn-based combat? Nah, that's a mood killer. Stick with the mutant superpowers and sexy fun. No need for dungeons and dice rolls. If you do tho, add a skip combat button :WeSmart:
All discussion on the matter has had it be a side feature. Like a way to make money and unlock some phone skins and outfits.

This is an excellent trainer game.
It's a dating sim :unsure:

Mainly the characters feel more like they are in the comics.
This is intentional! :giggle:

lack of titjobs.
They were cut for time. Our goal is that once the patreon money has built up enough and we finish programming in the missing events that don't require an artist, then we tackle the remaining sex positions. Also improving existing ones that people have mentioned the flow seems off.

3 new girls each update?
Three new girls per chapter. Not update.

If so, do we know who will be included other than storm?
We'll never reveal a girl prior to the update she comes in. Read the comics as girls will appear in chronological order.

Rogue and X-23 were the exception because art of them already existed before we pivoted to the comic angle.

Anyways I also hope there will be some new content for the 3 girls we already have, even though it seems like we've progressed all the way with them.
Oh we have decades of comics to work with. Girls will have content updates every chapter. So if you don't like the girls in a new chapter, the girls you liked in previous ones will have no stories to take part in.

This can lead to some really interesting situations where a girl might be completely willing to allow you to throw her around the bedroom like a rag doll, but when you ask her to wear something sexy she acts shocked.
I mean I've known girls who were a freak in the sheet but a nun in the street.

'if they had just another week to do more beta testing..."
But yes. We are working on things so a mod would be redundant.

Heck, if you really wanted to you could just mod it so they'll bang you from day one... kind of defeats the point of the game
And would not make any sense as the girls are capped per season and would not acknowledge that you've banged and thus behave like you're barely buddies.

ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
Been checking the thread a while now and just wanted to know are the bugs really that bad as people say?
We found out that 90% of the bugs in relation to sex and dating were people not reading and assuming that it must be a bug and not the fact that the game actually explains what to do.

Future updates will fix the 10% of actual bugs and be ABUNDANTLY CLEAR of what is needed to progress in the quest log. The character writing will remain high quality but the quest log will assume people have a third-grade reading comprehension.

someyoungguy

May 10, 2023

Throughout my entire playthrough, I've encountered a shit ton of them bust just kept clicking the ignore button in the renpy error screen. It just places me back into the game without much of an issue? Sure I might skip a scene but its really no biggy since most of the time ignoring it then continuing fixes the problem.

Am I just lucky or is it one of those cases where people just dont like seeing the error screen and just reboot the game. Just curious
Tbh, I haven't seen a single game breaking bug. I've not even encountered a bug that generated an error screen yet. All the bugs I've seen so far have been relatively minor things that just didn't seem like they happened the way they were supposed to. So much so that I don't even assume they're necessarily bugs. I've always approached it as trying to find out if the behaviour is intentional, and often it's some small bug, but sometimes it's just an oversight of some kind. Overlooked rather than unintended, if that makes sense. Whenever I've asked about them, the issues have been found and fixed either way so far.

I think some compromises were made in order to get the game out in a reasonable amount of time. Imo, probably a smart move. The perfect is the enemy of the good, after all. I know the initial plan was to release each full chapter, but I think that releasing at least this first chapter as two parts will probably do a lot to speed up the development of the game later on, since so many bugs are being found and fixed earlier in the development process. I'm kinda curious to see if they continue releasing subsequent chapters in parts also, or go back to the full chapter release plan. I'd prefer the latter, personally, but I don't think it really matters all that much either way

Mutation8888

Jun 15, 2022
This one is actually really fair. (Your complaint, not the system)

The system weight on things to determine the threshold for the outfit shame is a salnted a bit far towards the conservative. This can lead to some really interesting situations where a girl might be completely willing to allow you to throw her around the bedroom like a rag doll, but when you ask her to wear something sexy she acts shocked.

The code for how it is determined is actually really cleverly implemented., Unfortunately its one of those features where 'if they had just another week to do more beta testing...". Fortunately, if you want to do modding its also really easy to adjust. Heck, if you really wanted to you could just mod it so they'll bang you from day one... kind of defeats the point of the game, but that is the glory of mods.
Then we also have these types of scenes where custom outfits may be worn in odd places.. Probably just the timing of the outfit change needs to be modified a little. I am sure things will be tweaked as the game progresses. This is very early access and we are basically the play testers. Bugs are inevitable.. just have fun and see how it goes.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Dazzier31

Jul 24, 2019

Do you mind reporting said bugs in the future? I know they seem like no big deal because you can just ignore them, but for other people that may hinder the experience.

4.60 star(s) 152 Votes