ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
Has there been any mention of adding new girls to the game? Kitty Pryde's absence is pretty noticeable.
We plan on adding new girls per chapter.

They will be added around the time they show up in the comics.

To give an idea, the game takes place shortly after Giant-Size X-Men.

I will note that Rogue and X-23 were moved earlier in the timeline due to art already existing for them when the change in narrative direction was made.

From the beginning of Chapter 2 onwards, things should be progressing linearly.

I will note that we're not going 1x1. This is an adaptation so plot points may change, character motivations may be different, and characters' reactions to events may differ. This is because our primary concern is consistency. Comics can get confused sometimes.

Sengai

Sep 19, 2017
is there a definite list of x-girls we'll see added? im not on the patreon or discord or anything, so if it has been posted anywhere i havent been able to see it

SolSpell

May 1, 2022
is there a definite list of x-girls we'll see added? im not on the patreon or discord or anything, so if it has been posted anywhere i havent been able to see it
They want to keep it a surprise, though you can probably guess a lot just by knowing who the most popular/hot ones are.

ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
No but as we've said before, if you want an idea. Look up girls who appear between Giant-Size X-Men and the end of the Onslaught Saga.

finally gave this one a try, after playing rogue like evolution, the writing is so good in this!
Thank you! Our writers work very hard!

They want to keep it a surprise, though you can probably guess a lot just by knowing who the most popular/hot ones are.
Being popular and hot are not deciding factors. We've got some pretty obscure characters on the list of potential girls.

Reactions: Sengai

SolSpell

May 1, 2022
Being popular and hot are not deciding factors. We've got some pretty obscure characters on the list of potential girls.
I'll take your word for it, but if Emma, Kitty, Psylocke, Stepford Cuckoos, Magik and Mystique ALL end up appearing, then I will be demanding an official ShinyBoots apology.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Mutation8888

Jun 15, 2022
I'll take your word for it, but if Emma, Kitty, Psylocke, Stepford Cuckoos, Magik and Mystique ALL end up appearing, then I will be demanding an official ShinyBoots apology.
Polaris, Dazzler, Jubilee, and Moira MacTaggert would also make that list. I do not remember too many more (I am sure there were some cameos they were looking at or perhaps some New Mutants and some of their sideline characters), but Cassandra Nova could make an appearance if the Onslaught arc is added in.

Aug 15, 2021
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I'm pushing for them to save money on art assets by just having different costumes for Charles. So you'll get Mystique, but it will just be the Charles sprite tinted blue. Emma is the Charles' sprite sporting a blond wig. Jubilee is Charles with pink glasses and a yellow coat....you see how this goes.

Evil13

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2019
I'm pushing for them to save money on art assets by just having different costumes for Charles. So you'll get Mystique, but it will just be the Charles sprite tinted blue. Emma is the Charles' sprite sporting a blond wig. Jubilee is Charles with pink glasses and a yellow coat....you see how this goes.
Cassandra Nova is just...Charles. There's no difference.

Mutation8888

Jun 15, 2022
After how Charles joked around with Logan on Hum Hum I could actually see him using his Telepathy to get into people's heads and make them think that everyone around them looked like him. The jokes you could play with telepathy...

SolSpell

May 1, 2022
How much of the plot and how many of the girls are set in stone right now? My impression is that your outline is quite complete.

drifter139

Dec 11, 2019
I was gonna ask if there would be holidays in this game which changes interactions with people. would be cool to see how the girls approach MC on a day like Christmas

Reactions: King_In_Yellow

Buttholder

Feb 25, 2022
How much of the plot and how many of the girls are set in stone right now? My impression is that your outline is quite complete.
There's a lot of stuff that is subject to change: with any big, long-term project like this, you need to be fluid and adaptable, because you're never really sure what will hit until it's out there. For example, we weren't expecting people to be so on-board with having as much character-based stuff as opposed to just plain flirting or general story events, so we've had to shift a little to make sure we add more of those alongside the story beats. The outline itself is pretty much there, I don't see any major changes to the destinations along the way, and we have the broad view of what we're going to do when we get there. How we get there is a completely different matter, and it may even alter how we approach things down the line.

As for who's going to show up, there's only one confirmed character (Storm) and whoever else we have alongside her. We've gone over every X-Men-adjacent woman (and I do mean every, I've made some deep pulls that have had the other devs ask if I'm literally making these characters up to make sure they're paying attention) and we've discussed how we'd implement them if they made it into the game. Now, to be clear, that doesn't mean every character we've discussed will make it in, that's just us doing our due diligence. Some characters may make cameos in backgrounds, maybe they'll have some dialogue, that doesn't mean they're confirmed as main girls. Some characters, let's be honest, if you know the comics, you can probably assume they'll be in there, there's a whole bunch of no-brainers for inclusion and we'd be idiots for not throwing them in.

But.

How we will end up dealing with them, that's an entirely different matter. We've had some serious discussions about how to handle some characters, because, while we love them dearly, it's hard to work out what to do with them to differentiate them from other characters or just to find a compelling hook for them that isn't based on a complex backstory. And then, while we're talking, someone makes a comment, someone else follows up on it and it's off to the races, because we suddenly worked out their entire character arc in five minutes flat. In a lot of ways, we've taken many of these characters back to their roots - X-23 is an excellent example, because, right now in the comics, she's basically Sexy Girl Logan, completely different to any portrayal we've seen of her in the past. The version we're working with is closer to how she was for a long, long time.

All of which is a roundabout way of saying that when you ask if we have all the girls we want for inclusion, it's a soft 'yes' - we have a plan for later characters we really want to include, but it's subject to change based on better ideas, previous scenarios we've written or, sometimes, just something not working the way we want it to. One of the most frustrating parts of being a writer is spending five hours working on something, just to find it's not what you want and it's not playing nice with the stuff you wrote before or after.

SolSpell

May 1, 2022
I was gonna ask if there would be holidays in this game which changes interactions with people. would be cool to see how the girls approach MC on a day like Christmas
I think they've confirmed Holidays and other party events as well.

Sharinel

Dec 23, 2018
As for who's going to show up, ... every X-Men-adjacent woman ... made it into the game ... every character we've discussed will make it in, ... they're confirmed as main girls. ... they'll be in there, there's a whole bunch of no-brainers for inclusion and we'd be idiots for not throwing them in.

differentiate ... from other characters ... on a complex backstory ... worked out their entire character arc in five minutes flat ... Sexy Girl Logan ... for a long, long time.

when you ask if we have all the girls we want for inclusion, it's a ... 'yes' - we have a plan for later characters we really want to include ... based on better ideas, just something ... working the way we want it to ... being a writer is spending five hours working on something
Well there you have it, confirmed!

drifter139

Dec 11, 2019
I think they've confirmed Holidays and other party events as well.
I think we can imagine how Jean would wrap herself up as our Christmas gift for us to open. Laura would probably struggle with the idea of what she considers the perfect gift due to not knowing much about the holiday. as for Rogue, she would probably go for a gift she considers from her heart as a way to say thank you and I love you for being able to show her how it feels to be loved. again, these are just my ideas and probably won't even attract the devs attention

Reactions: Engelstein
4.60 star(s) 152 Votes