Zekethor

Feb 25, 2018
Guys, maybe it's a common question, I'm new here and I believe that Jean is bugged in my save, I can't ask her to go a date with me, is there any way to solve it?
Maybe a code to reset it

Last edited:

SolSpell

May 1, 2022
Guys, maybe it's a common question, I'm new here and I believe that Jean is bugged in my save, I can't ask her to go a date with me, is there any way to solve it?
Maybe a code to reset it
Have you tried being in your room and asking her over text?

Aug 15, 2021
Protip:

If you are having a problem with the game, more information is always better. You don't necessarily need to post entire logs or a save file, but context helps. This applies to numerous posts.

Maybe a code to reset it
In this case, have you completed the friendship quest? Has she discussed going on a date with you yet?

Zekethor

Feb 25, 2018
Protip:

If you are having a problem with the game, more information is always better. You don't necessarily need to post entire logs or a save file, but context helps. This applies to numerous posts.

In this case, have you completed the friendship quest? Has she discussed going on a date with you yet?
Thanks for the answers, folks. In the mission I'm on, I need 125 love and trust, and to go on 3 dates. There was a moment where I thought it might be her inviting me out (she was in the hallway and said, 'looking for me?'), but then the dialogue ended, so I just left and kept playing. Several chapters have passed, and I'm in a level 2 relationship with Laura and Rogue, but still no option to go on a date with Jean, if you guys want i can put the save here

DarkLup

Sep 14, 2018
Heyooooo, just tried the game it's awesome, planning on supporting (when i have the money for it) just have a few questions that you probably have answered 10000 times sorry about that, updates or every what usually ? Months/Weeks ? Not that i mind either but just to know, also, are there other characters plan after storm ?

Aug 15, 2021
Thanks for the answers, folks. In the mission I'm on, I need 125 love and trust, and to go on 3 dates. There was a moment where I thought it might be her inviting me out (she was in the hallway and said, 'looking for me?'), but then the dialogue ended, so I just left and kept playing. Several chapters have passed, and I'm in a level 2 relationship with Laura and Rogue, but still no option to go on a date with Jean, if you guys want i can put the save here
It sounds like you have missed the trigger for an event *or* that you were speeding through the scene and missed the instructions.

The interesting thing about this is that the events are triggered to be swept to see if they are available and then offered, with the scene where Jean suggests that she should take *you* on a date having an extremely high priority. It sounds like you should have met the conditions, so missing the trigger for the event would seem unlikely. If you want to upload a save file I could check it.

That said, a number of people have had the same issue and missed where they were supposed to text Jean to let her know when they would be available.

Aug 15, 2021
Heyooooo, just tried the game it's awesome, planning on supporting (when i have the money for it) just have a few questions that you probably have answered 10000 times sorry about that, updates or every what usually ? Months/Weeks ? Not that i mind either but just to know, also, are there other characters plan after storm ?
Make it 10,001.

The game is still pretty new but it has already had one comprehensive bug patch upgrade. The next big update (v0.3) is expected to be in early January. I shared a post from the Patreon page which goes over everything that is being prioritized with that update back on like November 23rd.

Before expanding into the next chapter, the Devs are first wanting to make sure that everything is working well in the first one. Obviously any overhauls (and there are several mentioned for v0.3) are much easier to do early on instead of later. They are trying very hard to take player feedback into account when looking at what makes it a good game, but they also have a vision that means some things aren't on the table for this game. That said, an exact update schedule isn't possible right now but based on their current trend it is roughly monthly.

Finally, on the topic of new girls.

Yes there are. No they're not saying who.

drifter139

Dec 11, 2019
for the first date to happen with the girls, you have to text them. a lot of people will just skip through the dialogue and miss that part so trust me when I say you aren't the first and you won't be the last

Aug 15, 2021
ProTip:

Having now reviewed several save files for people, there are two common issues which can cause scenes to not seem to trigger with both having the same common cause.

"Speed Running" and "Console Editting"

tl;dr solution: Walk around for a bit, study, sleep, etc. Let the event scheduler catch up.

--
RonChon has all of the events coded in a really neat way that actually helps avoid the issue of monkeying with things completely blocking the trigger from occurring from casual console abuse. The script which checks for events looks at the "Conditions" as well as the "Priority" of the event. Likewise, sequential events are gated by subsequent events checking the various history files.

(Example: "QuestPool.Quests['Jean Grey: Friendship'].completed")

So it is technically possible to break the game such that events won't progress from console, but you'd have to be deliberately attempting to do so with specific knowledge of exactly what values to enter.

However, if you have tried to speed run things via console, you are not going through the normal game play loop. Some also have day counts, so speed running in this case can specifically disrupt them..

Many of the conditions include specific time checks, who's present, etc. Since you aren't having to run to class, then head to the danger room, etc - you may not be actually hitting all of the conditional triggers when engaged in non-standard play. Likewise, you can have scenes which would trigger at the same time and thus when the event is selected only one of them can be.

In both cases you would need to give the event scheduler time to perform its routine checks (which occur throughout activites including when moving, sleeping, etc). Since some of these have different priorities it may take a little for all of these events to catch up.

Zekethor

Feb 25, 2018
ProTip:

Having now reviewed several save files for people, there are two common issues which can cause scenes to not seem to trigger with both having the same common cause.

"Speed Running" and "Console Editting"

tl;dr solution: Walk around for a bit, study, sleep, etc. Let the event scheduler catch up.

--
RonChon has all of the events coded in a really neat way that actually helps avoid the issue of monkeying with things completely blocking the trigger from occurring from casual console abuse. The script which checks for events looks at the "Conditions" as well as the "Priority" of the event. Likewise, sequential events are gated by subsequent events checking the various history files.

(Example: "QuestPool.Quests['Jean Grey: Friendship'].completed")

So it is technically possible to break the game such that events won't progress from console, but you'd have to be deliberately attempting to do so with specific knowledge of exactly what values to enter.

However, if you have tried to speed run things via console, you are not going through the normal game play loop. Some also have day counts, so speed running in this case can specifically disrupt them..

Many of the conditions include specific time checks, who's present, etc. Since you aren't having to run to class, then head to the danger room, etc - you may not be actually hitting all of the conditional triggers when engaged in non-standard play. Likewise, you can have scenes which would trigger at the same time and thus when the event is selected only one of them can be.

In both cases you would need to give the event scheduler time to perform its routine checks (which occur throughout activites including when moving, sleeping, etc). Since some of these have different priorities it may take a little for all of these events to catch up.
Understood, in my case, I didn't use the console, but I was just going from mission to mission. However, most events, when they happen, "force" you in a certain direction, for example, going out with the girl. But in Jean's case with me, it got lost, so I found it strange.

Aug 15, 2021
Understood, in my case, I didn't use the console, but I was just going from mission to mission. However, most events, when they happen, "force" you in a certain direction, for example, going out with the girl. But in Jean's case with me, it got lost, so I found it strange.
Yeah, in your case it wasn't quite at the speed run level of rushing. Not casting judgement at anyone, just providing insight into what can cause a common issue to occur.

This will likely be far less of an issue with v0.3 when it releases, since a lot of the pacing adjustments in terms of events and stat gaining should naturally address these bottlenecks. At least that would be my guess based on the outline of what that new version is supposed to contain.

Reactions: ShinyBoots1993

Zekethor

Feb 25, 2018
Another thing that bothers when playing the Android version (you're probably already aware) is that in specific scenes, the game crashes, not due to lack of performance or RAM. I don't know why this happens, but it does.
I don't know if the PC version has the same issue. At first, I thought the scene was too heavy, causing it to close, but it runs smoothly. Interestingly, in the scene with blowjob, it closes, but in the one with deep throat, it doesn't close, haha

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2021
Another thing that bothers when playing the Android version (you're probably already aware) is that in specific scenes, the game crashes, not due to lack of performance or RAM. I don't know why this happens, but it does.
I don't know if the PC version has the same issue. At first, I thought the scene was too heavy, causing it to close, but it runs smoothly. Interestingly, in the scene with blowjob, it closes, but in the one with deep throat, it doesn't close, haha
I know that RonChon is looking at how to better optimize for Android. He's answered this one on the discord forums where he mentioned that he's tweaking some factors with images and caching to try to get a smoother operation. Crossplatform porting though, even with the tools to try to make it possible, just doesn't always work and android dev is an entirely different beast.

ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
This will likely be far less of an issue with v0.3 when it releases
A lot of problems are going to be fixed in v0.3's release.

There will be more stuff to do in the sandbox and the stat system has been refined. It might punish speed runners even more than the current version. Though only if they brute force their way rather than just trying to skip the game.

We're making so much progress and learning new things that we're shoving some stuff to 0.4 ... None of the important stuff. Whenever someone is done with their assigned task, they tend to experiment and things go in wild directions.

ddtmm

Jun 5, 2020
is there an eta for 0.3? i don't mind waiting either way just curious about if you have an idea of when you wanna put it out. if not that's chill too

ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
is there an eta for 0.3?
Internally? Yeah. Publicly? Not sure. We have a history of overestimating things. I rather not get people's hopes up again.

Though I can say it will be sooner rather than later regardless of whatever setbacks occur as more than one person who has finished their assigned work on 0.3 is already working on their part of 0.4.

For those worried about burnout, I hope that's a sign that we're all still very eager.

Edit: Devs feel confident enough to remind me that I forgot that we already publicly said Early January.

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 152 Votes