MK78

Modder
Dec 23, 2017
So far i think this one is pretty cool!
Many things in there that i wanted to put in the Mod for Oni's game, like better backgrounds and some kind of mission system. Only thing that is missing and for me as a 90's X-Men Fan is mandatory, a long Hairstyle for Rogue.:D I hope for later updates to fix that.

The UI options in the sex scenes and for some of the talking could be a little easier to access, and the fooling arround background could be better. Other than that im pretty cool with it right now and i hope the devs will stay with it and finish it. And i also hope for some more girls in the future maybe some kind of Psychic Ninja?;)

Reactions: Mutation8888
Aug 15, 2021
So far i think this one is pretty cool!
Many things in there that i wanted to put in the Mod for Oni's game, like better backgrounds and some kind of mission system. Only thing that is missing and for me as a 90's X-Men Fan is mandatory, a long Hairstyle for Rogue.:D I hope for later updates to fix that.

The UI options in the sex scenes and for some of the talking could be a little easier to access, and the fooling arround background could be better. Other than that im pretty cool with it right now and i hope the devs will stay with it and finish it. And i also hope for some more girls in the future maybe some kind of Psychic Ninja?;)
More hair styles have been brought up and are on the list of things they are looking at doing. There's still some debate about Storm's mohawk though... As for the UI, that's on the improvement list. Lots of little tweaks have been mentioned over on the discord as being looked at to help make things flow better and RonChon's been very receptive of the feedback.

As for some kind of Psychic Ninja...
No.

There can be no such characters in the game...at least not until we have a yellow coated mall rat.

Reactions: Mutation8888

ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
Only thing that is missing and for me as a 90's X-Men Fan is mandatory, a long Hairstyle for Rogue.:D
Long hair on Rogue always did look awesome.
Definitely high on our to-do list.

There's still some debate about Storm's mohawk though...
I mean I'm in favor of it.

The UI options in the sex scenes and for some of the talking could be a little easier to access, and the fooling arround background could be better.
All of these are being worked on as we speak! :D

Lots of little tweaks have been mentioned over on the discord
And I've seen some of the completed stuff and I do not wanna spoil some of the awesome improvements our UI designer has made.

Psychic Ninja?;)
not until we have a yellow coated mall rat.
Both appear in the comics and join the X-Men roughly around the same time. :unsure:

ThrullShoggy

Jun 23, 2021
I'm not sure if this has been asked before but I have a... request? Question?

Is it possible that a week or so before 0.3 drops we could get a "New Character Reveal"? Specifically one that comes with a recommended reading list like Jean, Laura, and Rogue currently have. Before playing this I'd only read early-to-mid Claremont era X-Men so it was immensely helpful in better understanding the characters, Laura in particular. Obviously its no real heartbreak to wait and find the list in game once the patch drops, just thought it was worth an ask.

Aug 15, 2021

Is it possible that a week or so before 0.3 drops we could get a "New Character Reveal"? Specifically one that comes with a recommended reading list like Jean, Laura, and Rogue currently have. Before playing this I'd only read early-to-mid Claremont era X-Men so it was immensely helpful in better understanding the characters, Laura in particular. Obviously its no real heartbreak to wait and find the list in game once the patch drops, just thought it was worth an ask.
There is no new reading needed for V0.3. No new girls being added just yet.

There's been a lot of talk on this thread, so you may have missed the explanation.

Condensed version
Minor Updates = Same Chapter
New Girls = New Chapter

Longer version
Right now they are still working on Chapter 1. Between features that didn't quite make it in originally, features that didn't quite work, and a desire to overall polish the original model - the devs are busy making sure that Chapter 1 is really up to snuff before doing chapter 2.

This is by no means to say that they aren't working on Chapter 2 though. Despite having an incredibly talented team of artists they are working with, the amount of art assets they need takes time. A shirt alone has several phases that have to be drawn which gives the 'undressing' effect, as well as the 'flashing' effect. So you can see how just getting the basic art in place for a new character takes time. And that time is being divided because as much as they'd love to bring in Ororo, [Redacted], and [Redacted], they don't want to neglect our current sweeties.

The general sentiment from the Dev team has been "We'd rather do one chapter right than do two chapters half-assed."

ThrullShoggy

Jun 23, 2021
There is no new reading needed for V0.3. No new girls being added just yet.

There's been a lot of talk on this thread, so you may have missed the explanation.

Condensed version
Minor Updates = Same Chapter
New Girls = New Chapter

Longer version
Right now they are still working on Chapter 1. Between features that didn't quite make it in originally, features that didn't quite work, and a desire to overall polish the original model - the devs are busy making sure that Chapter 1 is really up to snuff before doing chapter 2.

This is by no means to say that they aren't working on Chapter 2 though. Despite having an incredibly talented team of artists they are working with, the amount of art assets they need takes time. A shirt alone has several phases that have to be drawn which gives the 'undressing' effect, as well as the 'flashing' effect. So you can see how just getting the basic art in place for a new character takes time. And that time is being divided because as much as they'd love to bring in Ororo, [Redacted], and [Redacted], they don't want to neglect our current sweeties.

The general sentiment from the Dev team has been "We'd rather do one chapter right than do two chapters half-assed."
Ah, thank you for the clarification. Fully understanding that it is still far out, I guess my question would be "Have they considered an early release of the suggested reading list when Chapter 2 is finished and awaiting release".

Edit: Is the discord only a thing for patreons?

Aug 15, 2021
Ah, thank you for the clarification. Fully understanding that it is still far out, I guess my question would be "Have they considered an early release of the suggested reading list when Chapter 2 is finished and awaiting release".

Edit: Is the discord only a thing for patreons?
Knowing the Devs...they just might be willing to do that.

As for the discord, you can get the link from in the game. On the main menu, it's the middle button on the left side of the screen. While there are some channels that are patreon exclusive, the majority of the place is wide open for any fans who want to come, so long as they play nice.

Reactions: ThrullShoggy

drifter139

Dec 11, 2019

where's the fun in knowing who will be added?

Reactions: MusicVideoGuy

ThrullShoggy

Jun 23, 2021
where's the fun in knowing who will be added?
I think you misunderstand me. I'm not concerned about who is coming next, just hopeful that if they announce it before the launch of Chap. 2 the announcement includes what their suggested reading is.

MK78

Modder
Dec 23, 2017
ShinyBoots1993 & RedPandaExpress

Reads everything pretty promising i have to say!
Also like the ammount of content that is already there. Just finished i think everything there is to do right now. Can't wait till 0.3 drops even when it will be mostly bugfixes.

Oh and it would be cool if we could buy some things for our own room further down the road, and new colthes for the girls are always nice to have. But i am really excited what you and the tem have in store already.

ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
I think you misunderstand me. I'm not concerned about who is coming next, just hopeful that if they announce it before the launch of Chap. 2 the announcement includes what their suggested reading is.
Right now we're focusing on the "reveal" hype. Like when you first see them on screen. We may change and do it this way, but no promises for any time soon.

Can't wait till 0.3 drops even when it will be mostly bugfixes.
And a lot of UI and event streamlining. As well as a ton of sandbox events and side events.

Oh and it would be cool if we could buy some things for our own room further down the road
In the works.

B-b-but... we're in the pool... it's not like we'll get any more wet :unsure:
Growing up I kept on getting yelled at to get out of the pool in case of lightning.

Edit: Oh to avoid getting drenched. I'll let the dev team know this.

arashiki

Apr 6, 2018
well the lightning will never strike the pool when there are buildings surrounding it
as they are bigger and more likely being hit
this is more in case when your at a lake or the sea except our lovely storm is near you
then you r more or less lucky in both ways or your even struck without reason (depends on her mood:eek::rolleyes::D:p:sneaky:)

phillibuster

Apr 2, 2019
Right now we're focusing on the "reveal" hype. Like when you first see them on screen. We may change and do it this way, but no promises for any time soon.

And a lot of UI and event streamlining. As well as a ton of sandbox events and side events.

In the works.

Growing up I kept on getting yelled at to get out of the pool in case of lightning.

Edit: Oh to avoid getting drenched. I'll let the dev team know this.
If I might make a suggestion, I'm guessing you will add more girls as time goes on and also more plot. If you add plot then a girl, don't you then have to alter the plot when adding another girl after? Why not add all the girls you have in mind while the plot is only this far and then continue the plot once they're all settled in? Granted, there's always the chance you'll want to add even more girls after that which brings you back to square one... Or! You could continue the plot and add the other girls as the plot goes on? So you wouldn't have to rewrite the existing story to include the other girls? But then you miss out on character development with the new girls not having gone through the same stuff... ok, my mind is spinning...

Clobbertime

Jan 10, 2021
B-b-but... we're in the pool... it's not like we'll get any more wet :unsure:
It's not because you're getting wet, it's because a wet Nightcrawler smells like a wet dog.
In the comics he had fine blueish black fur and was often called "fuzzy elf" by Wolverine in spite of the later movie portrayals making him look like it was just blue skin.

• Haha
Reactions: Hatler
Aug 15, 2021
If I might make a suggestion, I'm guessing you will add more girls as time goes on and also more plot. If you add plot then a girl, don't you then have to alter the plot when adding another girl after? Why not add all the girls you have in mind while the plot is only this far and then continue the plot once they're all settled in? Granted, there's always the chance you'll want to add even more girls after that which brings you back to square one... Or! You could continue the plot and add the other girls as the plot goes on? So you wouldn't have to rewrite the existing story to include the other girls? But then you miss out on character development with the new girls not having gone through the same stuff... ok, my mind is spinning...
I'm going to take a stab at this question for you. It's been answered before, but this time I'm going to add some more context to everything so that hopefully future readers can see why the Devs are working in the manner they are.

Unfortunately for them to add a new girl it costs money because of the amount of art that is needed.

You have a body, a head, and limbs. Then you have their brows, eyes, and mouth. Add on to that any garment (each of which has at least two drawings). Currently there are ~250 images that go into making a single girl's standing actions. This is before then including their bedroom background, their bedroom items, and any gifts which are displayable which is an average of ~50 images.

Since they are already expanding on the poses of the existing girls to have more dynamic poses, this count is already going up. But we'll go with 250. Obviously some drawings are more expensive than others. A single set of eyes isn't going to cost the same price as the bedroom background. So we'll just go with an average and assume that the artist is dirt cheap - so the average is only $2.00 per image. (I am 99.99% certain this is way lower than actual.)

300 images @ $2.00 = $600.

And that doesn't include the sex poses. Adding in all of those adds several hundred more images. (Average is ~750). There are some which might be able to be recycled, so we'll be really generous and call it just 300.

So now we're at 600 images @ 2.00 = $1,200.

600 images per girl to add means that the artists are going to be swamped adding new girls. With only 30 days a month to do it, that's 20 images they would have to knock out a day on average just to get one girl done. The artists are good, but that kind of production level is a full time job at nowhere near a full time pay. And that assumes not going back and expanding anything for the existing girls on that time table.

Up until the patreon launch everything had been self-funded. Now that the Patreon is starting to collect money they can create a pipeline to get art done regularly, but that still takes time.

If they try to push the plot ahead too much they are going to need more rooms than we currently have, which means needing new backgrounds at minimum and that puts us back into the Time/Money loop discussed above. If they try to add all the girls art immediately, they again are in the Time/Money loop.

So instead the Devs are balancing what they can and adjusting based on how the Patreon performs. The better that does, the faster they can commission art and do both improvements for the current game as well as order art for future scenes (be it girls, backgrounds, etc).

When they can't work on pushing the story forward, they instead work on addressing things in the existing build. This includes taking the feedback from the players and tweaking things. This is why v0.3 is so focused on some of the system overhauls to help reduce the feelings of grindiness, expanding on some of the existing expressions, and otherwise working to fix more of the little things that didn't quite land right.

Hopefully this explanation helps better illustrate why the Dev team would be working in the manner they are as they try to budget their resources of time and money to produce the best quality product that they can.

4.60 star(s) 152 Votes