Dazzier31

Jul 24, 2019
I still wish the writing could be nudged in a more satisfying direction, so now I'm asking about the writers' idea of realism, whether they think this guides their writing. Obviously moralism/good boy behavior is a guide - they clearly have some idea of cause and effect
Enlighten me, what would you call "a satisfying direction"? Because from your previous comments, I don't think it's anything legal.

agitatedturk

May 10, 2022
Here is one example.
Real empathy towards women and all people involves really understanding them.

Here's reality. Can you explain to me, in coherent language, the behavior of this woman? How she feels and why?

It's not more respectful of women to look at egregious depctions of depravity in other games and to then go "OK, I will depict women as simplistic, two-dimensional nice-guy-lovers who love and trust you exactly % more if you compliment them"

Now I'm not saying to actually depict Stacy's girlfriend in this game, or her behavior in response to being beaten - but actually understanding and caring about women entails knowing it's not all sunshine and rainbows.

mzerodark

Nov 11, 2019
Real empathy towards women and all people involves really understanding them.

Here's reality. Can you explain to me, in coherent language, the behavior of this woman? How she feels and why?

It's not more respectful of women to look at egregious depctions of depravity in other games and to then go "OK, I will depict women as simplistic, two-dimensional nice-guy-lovers who love and trust you exactly % more if you compliment them"

Now I'm not saying to actually depict Stacy's girlfriend in this game, or her behavior in response to being beaten - but actually understanding and caring about women entails knowing it's not all sunshine and rainbows.
She's a victim of domestic abuse, which has a wide variety of negative psychological effects on the victim, as well as the child. Many victims of domestic abuse stay with their abuser, or even become more loyal to them, out of fear of violence, or embarrassment of not meeting social expectations of "being a family," or they have a feeling of depression and hopelessness regarding their situation. This could play some part in explaining her behaviour to stay with her boyfriend; but, it seems her primary reason is her concern for her child. Children of domestic violence victims tend to develop personal issues such as depression and anxiety. These problems would be in addition to the potential problems that arise by not having a father figure around. These cases of abuse are horrible examples of humanity. Rather than shaping games to match reality, I would prefer to play games that escape from them for a little while. We don't need constant reminders of how bad the world as gotten.

Mtgwo

Aug 28, 2017
Nice update btw, i took my time playing it since 0.3 came out, you guys manage to make Laura look even better, congrats.

Last edited by a moderator:

Elodrass

May 20, 2019
Just finished the newest update and i really liked the story so far, but damn, one thing i wish was more developt is Null options when forming the relationships with the X-girls. Jean and Laura specially, as it is now comes down to playing along with their kinkys or trying to put a stop to it if those make you unconfortable, but Null himself being unable to introduce his, aka yours as a player, own preferences in the dynamic is kinda of... Disheartening i guess?

Like, let me give some exemples: When Laura calls Null to her room* for a talk about his relationship with Anna and wanting to be the Dom on yours, you can only accept or deny basically, a third option like "Hey, i feel more confortable being in control actually, can you work with that?" Would be really good to have, same with Jean's sibling dinamic, what is funny on that one to me is the "Third Option" i wished for at the time of the decision is kinda of what happens anyways, you taking the role of supportive partner instead of being the spoiled one, a pleasent surprise.

One more thing about the Laura dynamic, some options to try and move away from the "Is that what normal friends/boyfriend/Girlfriend would..." rationalization She and Null keep going for instead of figuring their own shit out would also be really nice, like the watching Null sleep thing, it boils down to "Normal Relationships don't work like that, stop" or "Normal Relationships don't work like that, but i like it so keep doing." in that case having the option to say "Look if helps you can crash on my bedroom when you're worried for me, no need to be sneaking around like a ninja in the backyard." or something of the sort.

Anyways i get it that the focus of the updates are on new content as it should be, just pointing out some stuff i thing could be improved immersion wise imo, all in all this game is really promising and Chapter 1 is already pretty good!

Last edited:

Ka1tzer

Jan 12, 2023
Just finished the newest update and i really liked the story so far, but damn, one thing i wish was more developt is Null options when forming the relationships with the X-girls. Jean and Laura specially, as it is now comes down to playing along with their kinkys or trying to put a stop to it if those make you unconfortable, but Null himself being unable to introduce his, aka yours as a player, own preferences in the dynamic is kinda of... Disheartening i guess?

Like, let me give some exemples: When Laura call you to her how and talks about Null relationship with Anna and wanting to be the Dom on yours, you can only accept or deny basically, a third option like "Hey, i feel more confortable being in control actually, can you work with that?" Would be really good to have, same with Jean's sibling dinamic, what is funny on that one to me is the "Third Option" i wished for at the time of the decision is kinda of what happens anyways, you taking the role of supportive partner instead of being the spoiled one, a pleasent surprise.

One more thing about the Laura dynamic, some options to try and move away from the "Is that what normal friends/boyfriend/Girlfriend would..." rationalization She and Null keep going for instead of figuring their own shit out would also be really nice, like the watching Null sleep thing, it boils down to "Normal Relationships don't work like that, stop" or "Normal Relationships don't work like that, but i like it so keep doing." in that case having the option to say "Look if helps you can crash on my bedroom when you're worried for me, no need to be sneaking around like a ninja in the backyard." or something of the sort.

Anyways i get it that the focus of the updates are on new content as it should be, just pointing out some stuff i thing could be improved immersion wise imo, all in all this game is really promising and Chapter 1 is already pretty good!
Agreed and I'm with you there. Also wish more people in this forum would voice out their wants in a similar way, instead of lashing out aggressively from the get-go armed with buzzwords and an attitude.

As for me, I'd also like the possibility of "turning the tables" on Jean, it'd be kinda nice. She wants to smother me with affection? "Well, I think big smart sis has been an awesome and amazing girl and deserves a reward. Let you lil bro smother you for a bit".

...Yeah it was cringe writing that, but hopefully the point came across haha.

Elodrass

May 20, 2019
Agreed and I'm with you there. Also wish more people in this forum would voice out their wants in a similar way, instead of lashing out aggressively from the get-go armed with buzzwords and an attitude.

As for me, I'd also like the possibility of "turning the tables" on Jean, it'd be kinda nice. She wants to smother me with affection? "Well, I think big smart sis has been an awesome and amazing girl and deserves a reward. Let you lil bro smother you for a bit".

...Yeah it was cringe writing that, but hopefully the point came across haha.
Fr, can't wait for Null to pull the biggest big brain move in this game, solving the Phoenix Crysis by being a supportive partner :ROFLMAO:

JoePlant

May 2, 2017
In 3a the choice selection background red.
In 3b the choice selection became purple.

Any chance this could instead be made color palette selectable?

Reactions: Majindevil

AbyssalSiren

Oct 15, 2023
Love the art in this. I think the grind is a little too much though. Also, we shouldn't be prevented from flirting with the girls after the first time every day. Just make the first time give points but keep the option open always. It makes it feel like the interactions are for the points only rather than immersively interacting with the girls. Or make it once per time slot like Rogue-like. Would help with the grind.

Elodrass

May 20, 2019
Love the art in this. I think the grind is a little too much though. Also, we shouldn't be prevented from flirting with the girls after the first time every day. Just make the first time give points but keep the option open always. It makes it feel like the interactions are for the points only rather than immersively interacting with the girls. Or make it once per time slot like Rogue-like. Would help with the grind.
This would be cool, maybe once per time slot (morning, Midday. etc) for each girl, but the Flirt options only reset after you go to sleep, so you can only use each one once per day per girl, thus preventing the player from using compliments every single time for the double dip in Love and Trust lol

That said, i didn't find it to grind on my second playtrough for the 0.3b once i learned how to optimize your time and money, like, take your Stamina to 3 as soon as you can, put one time slot everyday to working for Xavier, use the money to buy gifts at the mall, form a party with the girl to attend classes and go sunbathing with them on the evenings for the Trust farming, meanwhile you can get around 30 Love per day with sexy times during the night, with Stamina 3 you can handle all of them once per day. Also the story events. In other words... Improvise, Adapt, Overcome.

As a nice bonus the gifts sometimes have some pretty sweet interactions when giving them, like the box of chocolates to Laura, goddam the smol murder machine must be protected at all costs.

drifter139

Dec 11, 2019
I haven't finished the game yet, for those who have. Can anyone give me a brief overview of the differences between the 3 women. Who's the best in your opinion and why?
the differences are their personalities: Rogue is more of a submissive preferring for MC to make choices for her and to be gentle with her. Laura is the dominant type and will actively stalk you if you encourage her overprotective nature. and Jean is the big sister type who likes to dote on MC but also needs someone to help her feel better about anything that might be wrong like if she is feeling upset about something. personally my favorite is Rogue since she is the first girl we meet and who has had a rough start because of her power but is optimistic when MC comes into the picture

Mharzel

Aug 19, 2021
Just "finished" the game. I must say I choose Jean in this run since I kinda didn't like the fact that my first experience with Rouge (I still can't call her Anna) was just her saying NO it was basically foreplay blue balls level (I don't know all girls started like that hence I dropped Rogue immediately) [I had the problem of Rogue wanting me but dating Jean so she would randomly loss love since I had to stop replying on those date text] Realistically speaking I think Rogue is for the chill type, pretty laid back middle ground while both Jean and Laura (X-23) are on the 2 sides of the spectrum. Real ones know Laura is better than Jean but Jean clears in bed, not even close if both had a really life counterpart. I guess the morale of the story is to play all 3 girls first before judging but then again Rogue the most "normal" one out of the bunch?

(Just curious could you simultaneously date all 3 at the same without any of them catching you or you could just state you'd want to date someone)

Dazzier31

Jul 24, 2019
Just "finished" the game. I must say I choose Jean in this run since I kinda didn't like the fact that my first experience with Rouge (I still can't call her Anna) was just her saying NO it was basically foreplay blue balls level (I don't know all girls started like that hence I dropped Rogue immediately) [I had the problem of Rogue wanting me but dating Jean so she would randomly loss love since I had to stop replying on those date text] Realistically speaking I think Rogue is for the chill type, pretty laid back middle ground while both Jean and Laura (X-23) are on the 2 sides of the spectrum. Real ones know Laura is better than Jean but Jean clears in bed, not even close if both had a really life counterpart. I guess the morale of the story is to play all 3 girls first before judging but then again Rogue the most "normal" one out of the bunch?

(Just curious could you simultaneously date all 3 at the same without any of them catching you or you could just state you'd want to date someone)
When you get together with a girl, you can tell her that you wanna have more than one girl and you can go for all 3 girls. Doing so without telling them is possible but there is a high chance they catch you.

luwinkle

Jan 14, 2019
I find it funny that this game hasn't really been in a playable state all that long and it already has more content than Oni's despite 'only' having 3 girls.

The story is pretty freaking dark in places. That might turn some away.

4.60 star(s) 152 Votes