ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
Loving this game, but man it has the weirdest sexual progression I've ever seen.

So you are telling me these girls will let me choke them, spank them and lick and finger fuck their assholes and before we even have vaginal intercourse in the missionary position?

It's like "you are no where near being my first time" - but I'm the dude who just put his tongue half-way down your anus and then made out with you?
I'm going to bring this up.

We don't always calculate thresholds perfectly o_O

jason_born_again

Jul 12, 2018
This is the error message I get when trying to open TheNullHypothesis-0.3c1-mac. I hope this is useful. Looking forward to playing the new content.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/characters/Charles/displayables/chair.rpy", line 57, in <module>
Exception: Could not load Live2D. b'/Users/bb/Desktop/Games/TheNullHypothesis copy.app/Contents/MacOS/libLive2DCubismCore.dylib' was not found.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "characters/Charles/displayables/chair.rpyc", line 57, in script
  File "/Users/bb/Desktop/Games/TheNullHypothesis copy.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/ast.py", line 922, in execute
    img = renpy.python.py_eval_bytecode(self.code.bytecode)
  File "/Users/bb/Desktop/Games/TheNullHypothesis copy.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/python.py", line 1202, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "/Users/bb/Desktop/Games/TheNullHypothesis copy.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/gl2/live2d.py", line 590, in __init__
    common = self.common
  File "/Users/bb/Desktop/Games/TheNullHypothesis copy.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/gl2/live2d.py", line 541, in common
    return self.create_common()
  File "/Users/bb/Desktop/Games/TheNullHypothesis copy.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/gl2/live2d.py", line 529, in create_common
    rv = Live2DCommon(self.filename, self.default_fade)
  File "/Users/bb/Desktop/Games/TheNullHypothesis copy.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/gl2/live2d.py", line 188, in __init__
    init()
  File "/Users/bb/Desktop/Games/TheNullHypothesis copy.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/gl2/live2d.py", line 95, in init
    onetime_init()
  File "/Users/bb/Desktop/Games/TheNullHypothesis copy.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/gl2/live2d.py", line 68, in onetime_init
    raise Exception("Could not load Live2D. {} was not found.".format(dll))
Exception: Could not load Live2D. b'/Users/bb/Desktop/Games/TheNullHypothesis copy.app/Contents/MacOS/libLive2DCubismCore.dylib' was not found.

macOS-10.12.6-x86_64-i386-64bit x86_64
Ren'Py 8.3.0.24022002+unofficial
The Null Hypothesis 0.3c1
Sun Feb 25 14:55:53 2024

markel1000

Oct 27, 2020
I think you two are going to have to paste the why here to give the developers something to work with. I think it has been stated that the Dev has been modifying the Live2D stuff.

I've been able to play it on a Win10 machine and virtual hyper-VM without issue.
Granted I have to learn a bit more in order to get the VM fully functional to be able to support it decently. That was an interesting exercise that I'm glad I went through.
I cant really explain the why its just freezes than closes out

johndoe19

May 31, 2019
I have a bug where the hair style will be locked, and can't be changed in the wardrobe. Anybody know a way around this? Cause right now, my characters are all stuck with wet hair

Mutation8888

Jun 15, 2022
I have a bug where the hair style will be locked, and can't be changed in the wardrobe. Anybody know a way around this? Cause right now, my characters are all stuck with wet hair
Have you changed anything in the wardrobe editor? If you saved wet hair on a particular outfit under the save hair style option in the custom outfit editor it will not change.

DrFree

Apr 23, 2019
This has been a blast to play, dev. Props to you.
Also, whoever decided to make the 3 girls so far virgins, props to them. Fuck Unieye and his gay lover, Lobezno. I have no clue how Marvel fucked up so much the writing for these. Also, poor Laura deserved a better past after being a living weapon in canon.

This game is truly a palate cleanser.

Nukem

Oct 11, 2017
I keep coming across a mix up with the girls during sex. Laura and Rogue have messages using the other girls name. I haven't noticed it with Jean.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

johndoe19

May 31, 2019
Have you changed anything in the wardrobe editor? If you saved wet hair on a particular outfit under the save hair style option in the custom outfit editor it will not change.
Just double checked, I've messed with the hairstyles, but haven't saved anything to a custom outfit. When I click on different styles, there's no visual changes when there should be. It'll fix itself for a bit and then bug out again.

ronchonbon

Game Developer
Jul 18, 2019
This is the error message I get when trying to open TheNullHypothesis-0.3c1-mac. I hope this is useful. Looking forward to playing the new content.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "characters/Charles/displayables/chair.rpyc", line 57, in script
  File "/Users/bb/Desktop/Games/TheNullHypothesis copy.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/ast.py", line 922, in execute
    img = renpy.python.py_eval_bytecode(self.code.bytecode)
  File "/Users/bb/Desktop/Games/TheNullHypothesis copy.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/python.py", line 1202, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "/Users/bb/Desktop/Games/TheNullHypothesis copy.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/gl2/live2d.py", line 590, in __init__
    common = self.common
  File "/Users/bb/Desktop/Games/TheNullHypothesis copy.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/gl2/live2d.py", line 541, in common
    return self.create_common()
  File "/Users/bb/Desktop/Games/TheNullHypothesis copy.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/gl2/live2d.py", line 529, in create_common
    rv = Live2DCommon(self.filename, self.default_fade)
  File "/Users/bb/Desktop/Games/TheNullHypothesis copy.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/gl2/live2d.py", line 188, in __init__
    init()
  File "/Users/bb/Desktop/Games/TheNullHypothesis copy.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/gl2/live2d.py", line 95, in init
    onetime_init()
  File "/Users/bb/Desktop/Games/TheNullHypothesis copy.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/gl2/live2d.py", line 68, in onetime_init
    raise Exception("Could not load Live2D. {} was not found.".format(dll))

macOS-10.12.6-x86_64-i386-64bit x86_64
Ren'Py 8.3.0.24022002+unofficial
The Null Hypothesis 0.3c1
Sun Feb 25 14:55:53 2024
It sounds like your computer can't load Live2D :(. Is it a bit older?

ronchonbon

Game Developer
Jul 18, 2019
Just double checked, I've messed with the hairstyles, but haven't saved anything to a custom outfit. When I click on different styles, there's no visual changes when there should be. It'll fix itself for a bit and then bug out again.
The most likely cause is that the characters have showered recently and have the "wet" attribute - the "wet" attribute overrides their selected hair. If you wait a period, does their wet hair go away?

Poker_king70

Sep 23, 2021
I believe in this case he's instead referring to a situation where she says "I" when we would normally have her say "Ah", therefore being a typo. Not that her use of "Ah" in general is the issue
I'll give credit where it's due - phonetic spelling of any accent is an absolute bitch to do properly and consistently. I wrote a short story that required a South Boston accent and trying to maintain it properly almost broke me.

JoePlant

May 2, 2017
I believe in this case he's instead referring to a situation where she says "I" when we would normally have her say "Ah", therefore being a typo. Not that her use of "Ah" in general is the issue
Pardon the pun, but "Ah."

My apologies for not following correctly then, DrFree.

VictorHayes

Apr 6, 2018
I'll give credit where it's due - phonetic spelling of any accent is an absolute bitch to do properly and consistently. I wrote a short story that required a South Boston accent and trying to maintain it properly almost broke me.
The way I handle this is just completing the whole thing first, then just ctrl + f and searching the words to change, then changing them each individually. In the case of Rogue's southern accent, searching all "I"s and changing them to "Ah" and so on. Microsoft Word has some handy tools when it comes to writing.

What's really a bitch when writing with an accent is grammar. Some accents can't pronounce certain things in english or have sentences cut short in some way and it's a pain to keep the grammar consistent with the speaker.

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 152 Votes