falafelswoop

Oct 4, 2019
It's funny to me that Null puts on sunscreen before going to the pool even in the Summer section of Chapter 1. Like, even if the player makes Null fair-skinned, shouldn't his regeneration take care of sunburn much faster than the sun can burn him?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Poker_king70

Sep 23, 2021
It's funny to me that Null puts on sunscreen before going to the pool even in the Summer section of Chapter 1. Like, even if the player makes Null fair-skinned, shouldn't his regeneration take care of sunburn much faster than the sun can burn him?
Or, make him green-skinned and convince everyone the sunscreen is so he doesn't photosynthesize too quickly.

SolSpell

May 1, 2022
Does it really matter if the character is gay or lesbian or whatever? Somehow I suspect that if they end up letting you date guys, they're not going to stick to the same rules of respecting canon orientation. I don't think Nightcrawler has ever been gay or even bi. Boots would walk off.

But you can argue that they would have to forgo canon in a gay/lesbian mode simply out of necessity, since the entire dating roster could maybe fill one year.

I don't know any lesbian characters I'm interested in so I'm just arguing for the sake of it. It's probably fine to do it the way you're doing it.

Reactions: drone4of2

Evil13

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2019
Does it really matter if the character is gay or lesbian or whatever? Somehow I suspect that if they end up letting you date guys, they're not going to stick to the same rules of respecting canon orientation. I don't think Nightcrawler has ever been gay or even bi. Boots would walk off.

But you can argue that they would have to forgo canon in a gay/lesbian mode simply out of necessity, since the entire dating roster could maybe fill one year.

I don't know any lesbian characters I'm interested in so I'm just arguing for the sake of it. It's probably fine to do it the way you're doing it.
I'm not a member of the dev team, but several conversations have come up where lesbian characters, such as Karma, have been brought up as possible candidates for Null to have a relationship with. And the universal response has been quiet disgust.

The entire idea of a canonically gay or lesbian character suddenly hopping into having sex with the opposite sex protagonist is something that just sets people's skin crawling, as it reinforces the tired and wrong idea that someone is gay or lesbian because they just haven't had the right sex yet.

So it's one of those points where it's better to just have a line in the sand and say "This is far as it goes" and stick to it, because otherwise that is opening up a whole can of worms.

Last edited:

falafelswoop

Oct 4, 2019
The entire idea of a canonically gay or lesbian character suddenly hopping onto the dick of the opposite sex protagonist is something that just sets people's skin crawling, as it reinforces the tired and wrong idea that someone is gay or lesbian because they just haven't had the right sex yet.
...no, that's dumb. Dumb enough that I wouldn't have even thought it until you brought it up. That just seems like you're going looking for a reason to be offended by it.

And again - it's only canon until they change it again in the next continuity. Not to mention that some players aren't actually going to be that familiar with the source material.

SolSpell

May 1, 2022
several conversations have come up where lesbian characters, such as Karma, have been brought up as possible candidates for Null to have a relationship with. And the universal response has been quiet disgust.
Discord's so gay.

The entire idea of a canonically gay or lesbian character suddenly hopping onto the dick of the opposite sex protagonist is something that just sets people's skin crawling, as it reinforces the tired and wrong idea that someone is gay or lesbian because they just haven't had the right sex yet.
You could bypass all of this by just having them always have been straight or bi in universe 69.

So it's one of those points where it's better to just have a line in the sand and say "This is far as it goes" and stick to it, because otherwise that is opening up a whole can of worms.
I agree.

Reactions: Sayajin2205

HotHands

Sep 2, 2018
Honestly who cares if some character is a "Kinsey 5"? Only people who can't ever be happy. A Kinsey 5 ain't a Kinsey 6, anyway.

And canon in comic books is kind of a pick-and-choose phenomenon at this point anyway. Making a bi girl more bi is nothing compared to making Gwenpool asexual.
Honestly guys, I was just being tongue-in-cheek with reason she wasn't on my list. If you listen to the Cerebro podcast you know 90+% of the X-Men can be read as bi. Plus half the games on the site have dudes fucking lesbians.

Magik is arguably less likely than Rachel to have a sexual relationship with a man, and she was top of my list.

chopolander

Dec 9, 2018
Shame's system is horribly unbalanced. You get more punctation by putting nipple tape on than with boobs in the air.

May 5, 2022
But would you be immune to that Mack truck he just tossed at you with a fastball special?
I mean, technically Null should be, to a certain extent. Considering that during the training with Jean the nullification killed the momentum of the tennis balls caused by Jeans powers, and it was brought down to a more manageable level, ish. So technically since things launched by both Jean and Colossus would be mutant powered in origin, the nullification should technically kill/reduce the moment of anything launched by either.

That being said i am very much early on in the game still and do not have a clear understanding of Null's abilities and exactly how they react with the different types of powers; physical, cerebral, active, passive, etc.

Mutation8888

Jun 15, 2022
I mean, technically Null should be, to a certain extent. Considering that during the training with Jean the nullification killed the momentum of the tennis balls caused by Jeans powers, and it was brought down to a more manageable level, ish. So technically since things launched by both Jean and Colossus would be mutant powered in origin, the nullification should technically kill/reduce the moment of anything launched by either.

That being said i am very much early on in the game still and do not have a clear understanding of Null's abilities and exactly how they react with the different types of powers; physical, cerebral, active, passive, etc.
The difference is that Jean was continually using her power to push or propel the tennis balls. If she drops them on his head his power cannot reduce/nullify the effect of gravity. In the case of Colossus throwing a Mac truck, imagine 40 tons of equipment being thrown at you and realize that you cannot stop/control physics (kinetic energy in this case) without a different power. If Null touched Colossus, he would nullify his transformation and thus his mutant strength. But Remember, Colossus is a big man and pretty darn strong normally even without his mutant ability.

May 5, 2022
The difference is that Jean was continually using her power to push or propel the tennis balls. If she drops them on his head his power cannot reduce/nullify the effect of gravity. In the case of Colossus throwing a Mac truck, imagine 40 tons of equipment being thrown at you and realize that you cannot stop/control physics (kinetic energy in this case) without a different power. If Null touched Colossus, he would nullify his transformation and thus his mutant strength. But Remember, Colossus is a big man and pretty darn strong normally even without his mutant ability.
I mean it really depends if the nullification nullifies phenomena caused by/allowed by the mutations, but that is more of reality warping shenanigans in my mind. You are most likely correct in any case, but it is still enjoyable to speculate on the possibilities, nonetheless.

Zellgoddess

May 11, 2017
Game/characters/(rogue/jean/laura)/clothing/outfits.rpy open in text editor and go down to outfits swimsuit and delete the " to () parts of clothing, suggest you familiarize your self with the code leaveing even and extra space most times can break the code.

Mutation8888

Jun 15, 2022
I mean it really depends if the nullification nullifies phenomena caused by/allowed by the mutations, but that is more of reality warping shenanigans in my mind. You are most likely correct in any case, but it is still enjoyable to speculate on the possibilities, nonetheless.
You could look at it this way: Colossus picks up a Mac truck and tries to smash Null with it at point blank range. Null touches Colossus and nullifies his transformation ability, Colossus is now a normal man with a Mac truck over his head. Does the truck magically stay in the air or fall and crush both of them? Physics is still active even though mutant abilities are nullified. If Colossus tried to punch Null while transformed, contacting Null would nullify his mutant ability, but his now human fist would still be propelled by the already imparted kinetic energy that is just under Hulk level strength. Basically Null's face would cave in, probably killing him instantly (his now present regeneration would still help after the fact though) and Colossus would have a shattered arm from using a now normal human flesh and bone arm to impart dozens of tons of energy on a human skull. Just because a mutant ability is nullified does not mean that mutant, or the side effects of their nullified mutant ability, is harmless.

Poker_king70

Sep 23, 2021
You could look at it this way: Colossus picks up a Mac truck and tries to smash Null with it at point blank range. Null touches Colossus and nullifies his transformation ability, Colossus is now a normal man with a Mac truck over his head. Does the truck magically stay in the air or fall and crush both of them? Physics is still active even though mutant abilities are nullified. If Colossus tried to punch Null while transformed, contacting Null would nullify his mutant ability, but his now human fist would still be propelled by the already imparted kinetic energy that is just under Hulk level strength. Basically Null's face would cave in, probably killing him instantly (his now present regeneration would still help after the fact though) and Colossus would have a shattered arm from using a now normal human flesh and bone arm to impart dozens of tons of energy on a human skull. Just because a mutant ability is nullified does not mean that mutant, or the side effects of their nullified mutant ability, is harmless.
Put Cyclops inside the truck, and I will back you on this theory 100%

drifter139

Dec 11, 2019
What is with the hate for cyclops? Keep in mind i am early on in the game, if it is game relevant and not something related to other depictions.
guy is just a fun killer. no one is allowed to have fun around him or make jokes without him being there to kill it. even the professor isn't safe from his hatred of fun

Jul 26, 2017
Are there any plans to let the MC nullify Xavier's paralysis so he can up from his chair and fuck the MC in the ass? Having paraplegics fuck me in the ass is my main fetish and it's the bare minimum required for me to even get an erection anymore.

Dazzier31

Jul 24, 2019
What is with the hate for cyclops? Keep in mind i am early on in the game, if it is game relevant and not something related to other depictions.
Well, Cyclops has always been very hit or miss, he is a badass but kind of a dick. The movies making him be the rival of the main protagonist (Wolverine) didn't help. Then he went through a rough period in comics where he went full on mutant supremacist and it soured a lot of people on the character.

Are there any plans to let the MC nullify Xavier's paralysis so he can up from his chair and fuck the MC in the ass? Having paraplegics fuck me in the ass is my main fetish and it's the bare minimum required for me to even get an erection anymore.
I have no words for what I just read, holy shit... but most likely no, since the paralysis is not his mutant power.

Again, holy shit.

ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
Wouldn't get involved with a bi girl in real life... Fantasy is very different.. especially if it's a haram.
Being haram makes it all the more delightfully taboo.
Are you guys making a typo or are you discussing if bisexualism is proscribed by Islamic law? Regardless, neither are fit for this forum. :p

Anyway if they keep the "Kinsey 5" thing they can invoke the trope where a girl is "gay but you're an exception" and that too is some people's fetish.
I will walk off and never be heard from again if we do this trope. :HideThePain:

You could never satisfy a bi person.
It's true. Once took a partner 2 hours and I wouldn't have used the word "satisfied" after. :eek:

Being bi just means you can get shot down twice as many times at the singles bar.
Hi Anthony Burch. :sneaky:

anyway more proofreading and such
Proof reading would very much be appreciated on the discord. Although this is me admittedly being lazy in having to play mailman. :sleep:

I don't think Nightcrawler has ever been gay or even bi.
He has been gay and bi in several dimensions. He and Wolverine were an item in one. Cyclops and Colossus have also shown to be gay too.

The difference is that Karma has never been portrayed as bi or straight.

Gwenpool on the one hand is an entire mess of tangled wires that leads to uncomfortable and bitter conversations.

This is our approach on a lot of things.

Dumb enough that I wouldn't have even thought it until you brought it up. That just seems like you're going looking for a reason to be offended by it.
No this is something said by a lot of people. If you live in the south it's pretty much impossible to not hear this at least once in your life.

If you haven't, I envy you.

Discord's so gay.
Partially because of me. :giggle:

if you listen to the Cerebro podcast you know 90+% of the X-Men can be read as bi.
I don't and even I knew that.

Plus half the games on the site have dudes fucking lesbians.
But is it done consensually? :unsure:

Sass aside, I don't know if I can think of a single game that does this and I played a lot as research for TNH.

Shame's system is horribly unbalanced.
We're still working on it... o_O

But Remember, Colossus is a big man and pretty darn strong normally even without his mutant ability.
This is why Null is being trained in hand to hand and not just his powers.

Physics can be fun. People who disagrees just lacks the ability to apply its fun gratuitous violence. :devilish:

As the others have said, he can be a buzzkill. We highlight this in the in game social media app. I personally like the character but as also explained, he was given the shaft in many instances. And not in the fun way. ;)

since the paralysis is not his mutant power.
Tell that to Bryan Singer.

4.60 star(s) 154 Votes