Thwip!

May 13, 2018
Is there any way to view the "Achievements" that you earn (or have yet to earn) during your playthrough?

Mutation8888

Jun 15, 2022
This is why Null is being trained in hand to hand and not just his powers.
Of course Colossus is also trained so in this case... don't let him grab you.

But is it done consensually?
Actually, as a straight guy, the best relationship I ever had was with a lesbian. Totally different mindset and.. well, they can be consensually curious too. ;) Of course, that is all it is, curiosity. Such a relationship is not likely to last due to the differing needs, but we remained best friends either way.

Last edited:

Spider-Venom

Mar 26, 2023
Are you guys making a typo or are you discussing if bisexualism is proscribed by Islamic law? Regardless, neither are fit for this forum. :p

I will walk off and never be heard from again if we do this trope. :HideThePain:

It's true. Once took a partner 2 hours and I wouldn't have used the word "satisfied" after. :eek:

Hi Anthony Burch. :sneaky:

Proof reading would very much be appreciated on the discord. Although this is me admittedly being lazy in having to play mailman. :sleep:

He has been gay and bi in several dimensions. He and Wolverine were an item in one. Cyclops and Colossus have also shown to be gay too.

The difference is that Karma has never been portrayed as bi or straight.

Gwenpool on the one hand is an entire mess of tangled wires that leads to uncomfortable and bitter conversations.

This is our approach on a lot of things.

No this is something said by a lot of people. If you live in the south it's pretty much impossible to not hear this at least once in your life.

If you haven't, I envy you.

Partially because of me. :giggle:

I don't and even I knew that.

But is it done consensually? :unsure:

Sass aside, I don't know if I can think of a single game that does this and I played a lot as research for TNH.

We're still working on it... o_O

Physics can be fun. People who disagrees just lacks the ability to apply its fun gratuitous violence. :devilish:

As the others have said, he can be a buzzkill. We highlight this in the in game social media app. I personally like the character but as also explained, he was given the shaft in many instances. And not in the fun way. ;)

Tell that to Bryan Singer.
nah.

Spider-Venom

Mar 26, 2023
Are you guys making a typo or are you discussing if bisexualism is proscribed by Islamic law? Regardless, neither are fit for this forum. :p

I will walk off and never be heard from again if we do this trope. :HideThePain:

It's true. Once took a partner 2 hours and I wouldn't have used the word "satisfied" after. :eek:

Hi Anthony Burch. :sneaky:

Proof reading would very much be appreciated on the discord. Although this is me admittedly being lazy in having to play mailman. :sleep:

He has been gay and bi in several dimensions. He and Wolverine were an item in one. Cyclops and Colossus have also shown to be gay too.

The difference is that Karma has never been portrayed as bi or straight.

Gwenpool on the one hand is an entire mess of tangled wires that leads to uncomfortable and bitter conversations.

This is our approach on a lot of things.

No this is something said by a lot of people. If you live in the south it's pretty much impossible to not hear this at least once in your life.

Partially because of me. :giggle:

I don't and even I knew that.

But is it done consensually? :unsure:

Sass aside, I don't know if I can think of a single game that does this and I played a lot as research for TNH.

We're still working on it... o_O

Physics can be fun. People who disagrees just lacks the ability to apply its fun gratuitous violence. :devilish:

As the others have said, he can be a buzzkill. We highlight this in the in game social media app. I personally like the character but as also explained, he was given the shaft in many instances. And not in the fun way. ;)

Tell that to Bryan Singer.
they're all mad.

falafelswoop

Oct 4, 2019
The physics thing is funny because it's all down to the powers' exact mechanics not being nailed down. Like okay, take the example of throwing an object at someone telekinetically. Is it throwing in the sense that it's left the mutant's control and is now obeying normal physics with inertia, or is it like the object is being held in an invisible telekinetic "hand" and it's possible to grab the invisible telekinetic "arm" to stop the motion? The training scenes with the tennis balls would suggest the latter.
Are you guys making a typo or are you discussing if bisexualism is proscribed by Islamic law? Regardless, neither are fit for this forum.
I suspect the person I replied to was making a typo. I was making a joke that played off that typo. This is allowed, I think.
Proof reading would very much be appreciated on the discord. Although this is me admittedly being lazy in having to play mailman.
I don't like or trust Discord, and only interact with it when I absolutely have to. Are you not allowed to submit typo fixes as patches directly to the Git or whatever source control solution the team is using?

Actually, you've dislodged a memory. I encountered a similar attitude when I talked to a transwoman who insisted that if you were still exclusively interested in women after a year of HRT then you just hadn't met the right man yet.

Anyway, people discovering their sexual orientation isn't as much of a hard rule as they thought is also something that happens, even if it does not happen as often as some might think.

Have all women in the game been canonically portrayed as polyamorous? It seems not, since we have Jean Grey struggling to accept it if Null brings it up first, and all the girls say things that amount to "well it's understandable with you since you're such a prime hunky alpha male specimen" - in other words, they "met the right man".

Reactions: drone4of2

drifter139

Dec 11, 2019
to everyone wondering how items thrown at Null work if he nullifies the powers, it comes down to kinetic energy. while Null could stop an object thrown by someone like Jean, it doesn't work the same way as if Colossus were to throw something since Colossus threw the object physically with his hands as opposed to using his mind

Reactions: ShinyBoots1993

SolSpell

May 1, 2022
The physics thing is funny because it's all down to the powers' exact mechanics not being nailed down. Like okay, take the example of throwing an object at someone telekinetically. Is it throwing in the sense that it's left the mutant's control and is now obeying normal physics with inertia, or is it like the object is being held in an invisible telekinetic "hand" and it's possible to grab the invisible telekinetic "arm" to stop the motion?
I'm in the normal physics apply camp just for the simplicity of it.

The training scenes with the tennis balls would suggest the latter.
I think best girl is just doing it in a way that doesn't put you at risk.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: falafelswoop

Mutation8888

Jun 15, 2022
The physics thing is funny because it's all down to the powers' exact mechanics not being nailed down. Like okay, take the example of throwing an object at someone telekinetically. Is it throwing in the sense that it's left the mutant's control and is now obeying normal physics with inertia, or is it like the object is being held in an invisible telekinetic "hand" and it's possible to grab the invisible telekinetic "arm" to stop the motion? The training scenes with the tennis balls would suggest the latter.
Jean does it both ways. At first she just telekinetically controlled the tennis balls and pushed them towards Null all the way until his power countered hers. With the "Sword of Damocles" training she just held tennis balls over his head so that if he countered her power, he would cause the tennis ball to drop on his head. Jean could also just hurl the balls at him, releasing telekinetic control over them a couple of feet before they hit Null. It provides proof both ways that Null does nullify mutant powers but cannot stop the laws of physics even if they were initially being affected by a mutant power. As we have seen, his power is actually quite selective in that Charles can read his thoughts and send to him (communicate) but if he were to try to mind control him (attack), Null's power would counter it. If Magneto destabilized the magnetic field of Earth completely, Null could not nullify his own demise from the catastrophic damage done to the planet even though Magneto's power was the initial instigator.

Clobbertime

Jan 10, 2021
Does it really matter if the character is gay or lesbian or whatever? Somehow I suspect that if they end up letting you date guys, they're not going to stick to the same rules of respecting canon orientation. I don't think Nightcrawler has ever been gay or even bi. Boots would walk off.

But you can argue that they would have to forgo canon in a gay/lesbian mode simply out of necessity, since the entire dating roster could maybe fill one year.

I don't know any lesbian characters I'm interested in so I'm just arguing for the sake of it. It's probably fine to do it the way you're doing it.
They could just have Jean change everyone's orientation like she did to Iceman in the comics.

falafelswoop

Oct 4, 2019
Jean could also just hurl the balls at him, releasing telekinetic control over them a couple of feet before they hit Null.
I don't recall - does she actually do this or is that your speculation?
They could just have Jean change everyone's orientation like she did to Iceman in the comics.
That would be hilarious and referential, and work great in a game like Rogue-Like, but I think at this point TNH has established this Jean Grey wouldn't do such a thing. Although I suppose they have established she doesn't have perfect control of what she can do, Null has been working on that with her for a good bit now.

Reactions: cannavaro99

Poker_king70

Sep 23, 2021
Jean does it both ways. At first she just telekinetically controlled the tennis balls and pushed them towards Null all the way until his power countered hers. With the "Sword of Damocles" training she just held tennis balls over his head so that if he countered her power, he would cause the tennis ball to drop on his head. Jean could also just hurl the balls at him, releasing telekinetic control over them a couple of feet before they hit Null. It provides proof both ways that Null does nullify mutant powers but cannot stop the laws of physics even if they were initially being affected by a mutant power. As we have seen, his power is actually quite selective in that Charles can read his thoughts and send to him (communicate) but if he were to try to mind control him (attack), Null's power would counter it. If Magneto destabilized the magnetic field of Earth completely, Null could not nullify his own demise from the catastrophic damage done to the planet even though Magneto's power was the initial instigator.
Problem is that Comic Books play fast and loose with physics. Everytime Superman leaps into the air and flys to the watchtower, he should be leaving a crater behind like Hulk does - that's Newton's Third Law. Juggernaut and Shazam can toss someone into low orbit without similar damage is because their powers are magic-based and some mystic BS yada yada.

So if Jean picks up a car and tosses it, it boils down to whether she is telekinetically controlling the car the entire trajectory or acting like a TK slingshot and simply propelling the car to sufficient velocity to let the momentum carry it forward. Strategically, it makes more sense to toss it and let physics do the dirty work while she takes her attention elsewhere.

Which is sldo why I subscribe to the 'Superman is actually a telekinetic' theory

Mutation8888

Jun 15, 2022
I don't recall - does she actually do this or is that your speculation?
I do not remember if she actually did that, but it could be a use of her power since it would be like a person throwing a tennis ball by hand. You throw the ball, releasing it to continue with the kinetic energy you impart to it. Jean can do the same thing simply by throwing the ball telekinetically then letting momentum carry the ball the rest of the way without telekinetic control. If momentum is imparted to an object and released telekinetically, it would not just fall to the ground as their previous practice confirmed when Null's power nullifies her telekinesis and the tennis balls continued moving towards Null under imparted momentum even though Jean's power was cut off.

Last edited:

Mutation8888

Jun 15, 2022
Which is sldo why I subscribe to the 'Superman is actually a telekinetic' theory
Precisely. However, a lot of his powers are actually based on what appears to be gravity control. Densifying his own skin, lifting extreme weight without collateral damage (hard to lift a plane or building in ways their structure was not intended to be lifted), moving at will without collateral damage, focusing heat/light into beams, condensing air into super cooled exhalations etc. Gravity control: range self and whatever he touches.
A lot of physics in comic books is hit and miss. I think "The Boys" and "Invincible" and similar stories are getting closer to a more reality based idea of "what if people had powers and how would it affect the world around them." Sure, some powers kind of fudge because "magic" but some can be tightly focused to reduce external influences.

Evil13

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2019
Twice so far you've made sweeping statements about "everyone" for what isn't actually everyone. Saying it won't actually make everyone agree with you.
Dude, it's not even a sweeping statement. The fandom despises that scene where Jean "said" Bobby was gay. Their response was that it came off as creepy.

And I don't mind people disagreeing with me if they willing to make a point that tries to counter it. Unlike you. So you get to be ignored. Bye.

4.60 star(s) 152 Votes