May 5, 2022
I think it mostly depends on where Null is in this example. if he's at a distance greater than lets say 10 feet, I don't think it would work because it might be the same as if firing from a laser based gun. if Null is closer to Cyclops at lets say less than 10 feet, he could probably move fast enough to close the distance keeping Cyclops power temporarily nullified
I was mostly wondering because Cyclops' blasts are kinetic energy, or usually are, to my understanding.

That being said after doing a bit of research, apparently the powers are never explicitly stated, mostly just shown. One of the exceptions being a comic in the 60's where Cyclops absorbed energy from the sun.

ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
We’re Zooming through the VN because it’s boring to do, and so is the grind.
Then go play a game you find fun?

I would prefer corruption, manipulation and gaslighting
None of this will make it into the game. It's not open to discussion or debate. If you want to experience this content, then I respectfully request that you find a game you will enjoy.

May 5, 2022
On the subject of grind, I find the grind mostly manageable, though i would not mind it to be somewhat lessened. That being said Rogue and Laura require substantially more points from Relationship level II to III, than Jean does, she requires 150, Rogue requires 300, with Laura requiring 300 for love and 250 for trust.

drifter139

Dec 11, 2019
I was mostly wondering because Cyclops' blasts are kinetic energy, or usually are, to my understanding.

That being said after doing a bit of research, apparently the powers are never explicitly stated, mostly just shown. One of the exceptions being a comic in the 60's where Cyclops absorbed energy from the sun.
I was talking from the view of if the 2 of them are training, what is the distance where Null can reach Cyclops without being hit. as I said before, anything over 10 ft and I think Null would have trouble winning since Cyclops can use either a short burst from his eyes or a long continuous burst to keep Null away. under 10 ft and I think Null has the better chance of using both his nullification and absorption powers in tandem to both stop and drain Cyclops stamina. seeing as how you specified what you meant in your original post, I wanted to clarify what I meant in mine

Jun 26, 2023
Then go play a game you find fun?

None of this will make it into the game. It's not open to discussion or debate. If you want to experience this content, then I respectfully request that you find a game you will enjoy.
It’s not a matter of whether I find the game fun or not. There is no one that enjoys railroaded walls of text with endless and boring grind mixed in between. No one finds it fun.
You should make it more player focused and less as the outlet of the desire for writing fanfiction - it gives player more agency and it will make it play less like a VN=more fun for everyone.

And if you’re not going to implement the changes I’m proposing, then so be it.
But please implement SOME changes people are suggesting here because it’s a slog to click through , and although the scenes are hot, the boring walls of text that lead to them just make it feel pointless and unfulfilling, since a player cannot feel connected to any of the characters or the story.
“Yeah cool everyone has traumas over here, now can we fuck or do I have to listen to you traumadumping 4 more times in order for me to just be able to take off your bra??”

Last edited:

drifter139

Dec 11, 2019
It’s not a matter of whether I find the game fun or not. There is no one that enjoys railroaded walls of text with endless and boring grind mixed in between. No one finds it fun.
You should make it more player focused and less as the outlet of the desire for writing fanfiction - it gives player more agency and it will make it play less like a VN=more fun for everyone.

But please implement SOME changes people are suggesting here because it’s a slog to click through , and although the scenes are hot, the boring walls of text that lead to them just make it feel pointless and unfulfilling, since a player cannot feel connected to any of the characters or the story.
“Yeah cool everyone has traumas over here, now can we fuck or do I have to listen to you traumadumping 4 more times in order for me to just be able to take off your bra??”
dude, if you're going to complain, then leave the thread and go somewhere else. most of us like this game and don't want mindless sex dolls like you do. guys like you ruin the thread with your complaints

May 5, 2022

While I agree that the grind could be lessened, it is far from endless. Additionally I for one like the info and story the "boring walls of text" provide. It is in fact one of the reasons I prefer this over something like RLE. In my opinion it is easier to become connected to and care about the characters of something if you know about them.

Although you state that it is not a matter of you finding it fun or not, it seems that it is, on some level. What some people enjoy other do not, you want Corruption and Manipulation in the game, others do not.

Aug 24, 2020
So for chapter 1 to be complete we have to wait 2 to 4 more years since we are only at 0.3, and I saw one of the devs write it will only be complete in version 1.0?

Sayajin2205

Apr 21, 2022
We're splitting up the quirk system so that it's more customizable. So rather than the binary of quirk or no quirk you have a lot more to choose from.

Since you like Jean I'll break it down with her in mind.

Without a quirk she's just a modern update from her 60s counterpart. With a quirk she's a control freak with a faux-incest complex.

However with our revisions, you can encourage the dom aspect without the incest kink. Or you can encourage the incest kink without the dom aspect. Or you can have regular Jean act dominate.

Along with this, we're allowing you to have all these combinations while remaining platonic. So if you enable dommy big sis Jean but don't date her. She'll boss you around like a bigger sister and complain about all those "hussies" that you're dating. It may not sound all too fun but from dev discussions some of the things that can happen are HILARIOUS.

And that's just counting one girl and not even discussing her changed behavior/involvement in the main narrative or side content.
RDT_20240309_1247479135271358924316254.gif fetchimage.jpeg I am coming for that Big Sis Jeanussy .

Jul 11, 2020
We're splitting up the quirk system so that it's more customizable. So rather than the binary of quirk or no quirk you have a lot more to choose from.

Since you like Jean I'll break it down with her in mind.

Without a quirk she's just a modern update from her 60s counterpart. With a quirk she's a control freak with a faux-incest complex.

However with our revisions, you can encourage the dom aspect without the incest kink. Or you can encourage the incest kink without the dom aspect. Or you can have regular Jean act dominate.

Along with this, we're allowing you to have all these combinations while remaining platonic. So if you enable dommy big sis Jean but don't date her. She'll boss you around like a bigger sister and complain about all those "hussies" that you're dating. It may not sound all too fun but from dev discussions some of the things that can happen are HILARIOUS.

And that's just counting one girl and not even discussing her changed behavior/involvement in the main narrative or side content.
This modular quirk idea sounds fantastic tbqh

DagonKel

Jul 27, 2017
That does sound awesome as hell but I got to thinking about it and I started to cringe at the coding nightmare it would be. What you would need to do is a lot like what RLE did and have a template for the girls you can copy and paste for. Then make tweaks to individualize and customize for each girl. The main advantage Null has is it is still new and can design a fleshed out and modular template and work it into the base system which would make adding new people 1000 times easier as opposed to the template system RLE has that was slapped on over half way threw development and makes it buggy as hell every time there is a tweak to the system.

To put it simply the more effort put into the initial base coding, the less headache later as the game gets bigger.

Reactions: ZergAlien

falafelswoop

Oct 4, 2019
This might come as a shock but some people enjoy visual novels and some people even enjoy fanfiction. Most actual books don't even have choices, even though I do enjoy a good CYOA. If you aren't the target audience for what they're trying to do, then so be it. But it's disingenuous to pretend you speak for everyone and that your preferences are everyone's preferences.
It’s a mindless sexdoll one way or another, you want something more? Get a life. Seriously, it’s not healthy to treat 2d cartoon characters as real people, because they’re not, and the writing doesn’t make them any more credible as that.
I haven't seen any dev argue that they're real or that doing bad things to them causes or encourages anything harmful in real life. However, if they are trying to write them realistically then it doesn't work well for your character to be criminal levels of jerkass and not eventually get kicked out of the X-Mansion to go hang with whichever villains do seX-crimes.
It’s a game that doesn’t promote itself as a VN, hell it has the “Sandbox” tag. And while we’re at tags, it also has the tag of a trainer (basically a corruption game). And you wanna treat them as real people and not mindless dolls? Well might as well remove the voyeurism and it’s tag as well, I mean you wouldn’t spy on your waifu you are lovely-dovey with, right?
While I can't speak to the truth of it, supposedly they've tried to get tags like "trainer" removed from the thread and the site staff have looked at the game and disagreed. Even so, "trainer" doesn't imply that you can train any girl in a short time; if anything it implies grind, more grind than the current version actually has.

Anyway, whether or not it counts as a VN (a famously porous category) if you just want to speed you can benefit from the fact that the game is made in RenPy (a VN engine with VN convenience features). Turn on "Skip Unseen Text" in the gameplay options, maybe also turn off wardrobe dialogue and flashing lights. Then hit Tab or hold Ctrl to skip.

Buttholder

Feb 25, 2022
While I can't speak to the truth of it, supposedly they've tried to get tags like "trainer" removed from the thread and the site staff have looked at the game and disagreed. Even so, "trainer" doesn't imply that you can train any girl in a short time; if anything it implies grind, more grind than the current version actually has.
Can confirm, we've asked so many times to get the tags updated, I think we're basically resigned to being stuck with them and just dealing with people complain that the game isn't being tailor-made to them specifically.

Jun 26, 2023
This might come as a shock but some people enjoy visual novels and some people even enjoy fanfiction. Most actual books don't even have choices, even though I do enjoy a good CYOA. If you aren't the target audience for what they're trying to do, then so be it. But it's disingenuous to pretend you speak for everyone and that your preferences are everyone's preferences.

I haven't seen any dev argue that they're real or that doing bad things to them causes or encourages anything harmful in real life. However, if they are trying to write them realistically then it doesn't work well for your character to be criminal levels of jerkass and not eventually get kicked out of the X-Mansion to go hang with whichever villains do seX-crimes.

Anyway, whether or not it counts as a VN (a famously porous category) if you just want to speed you can benefit from the fact that the game is made in RenPy (a VN engine with VN convenience features). Turn on "Skip Unseen Text" in the gameplay options, maybe also turn off wardrobe dialogue and flashing lights. Then hit Tab or hold Ctrl to skip.
The thing is, it is a spiritual successor to Oni’s Rogue Like, which is a sandbox.
The problem with VN style gameplay isn’t just the walls of text - it’s the fact you’re railroaded and limited by the story progression - why is you getting beat up in random situations bringing you closer for getting into girls pants? Why can’t you just flirt, date and all that to get the same result like in reality? But at the same time, there is the need for “realistic” female characters with “realistic” character development? It just feels corny for some parts to be overly realistic, to the point it’s actually a slog, and some parts to be very simplistic and gamey (say a pickup line 20 times so you can raise your affection, so you can progress with the main quest).
Just to clarify, I did enjoy the sandboxy, gamey parts - so I’m not 100% hating on the game, I just wonder why does it need to be pulled down by this VN style storytelling/progression. Maybe down the road it would be nice for the game to have sandbox mode which would play like the traditional Rogue like.

Jun 26, 2023
This might be the wildest statement I've ever seen, there is not an Ayo big enough to cover the triple take I had to do reading that phrase.
This is a site where you got gore, incest, piss and shitplay, furry, gay and trans, but THIS is where you decide to draw the line? Especially when it’s literally just fictional character being the victim?

4.60 star(s) 152 Votes