Jun 26, 2023
I said "I've ever seen", keyword here is I.
You’ve been on this site for much longer than I so there is no point in acting like you’ve never seen a gore or any other aforementioned fetishes on this site - I didn’t even have to actively look for it and yet I’ve seen it - and yet you’ve been on this site for at least 4 years longer but you’re trying to claim that “corruption” is the worst tag you’ve seen? Get out of here :LOL:

• Angry
Reactions: elnahat and Reynold

Dazzier31

Jul 24, 2019
You’ve been on this site for much longer than I so there is no point in acting like you’ve never seen a gore or any other aforementioned fetishes on this site - I didn’t even have to actively look for it and yet I’ve seen it - and yet you’ve been on this site for at least 4 years longer but you’re trying to claim that “corruption” is the worst tag you’ve seen? Get out of here :LOL:
1. Not saying the corruption tag is the worst I've ever seen, I'm saying that I had to do a triple take when I read someone ask for gaslighting.

2. I guess I'm just better at filtering the stuff I'm looking for, don't know what to tell you.

Now to drag this conversation kicking and screaming back into topic, I'm sorry to say that your idea of a full sandbox mod where the game is Rogue-Like with a different artstyle is... unlikely to happen, to put it nicely.

Jun 26, 2023
1. Not saying the corruption tag is the worst I've ever seen, I'm saying that I had to do a triple take when I read someone ask for gaslighting.

2. I guess I'm just better at filtering the stuff I'm looking for, don't know what to tell you.

Now to drag this conversation kicking and screaming back into topic, I'm sorry to say that your idea of a full sandbox mod where the game is Rogue-Like with a different artstyle is... unlikely to happen, to put it nicely.
No worries, I’m used to not getting nice things. I just wish there were devs that wouldn’t knowingly shoot themselves in the foot with their bad choices… but I guess that at this point it’s just a culture of F95zone.

Mutation8888

Jun 15, 2022
Can confirm, we've asked so many times to get the tags updated, I think we're basically resigned to being stuck with them and just dealing with people complain that the game isn't being tailor-made to them specifically.
I see nothing of trainer in this game, unless it is the MC getting trained by Laura.. that's pretty much it. The rest is relational simulation with a few breaks to steer things a bit towards or away from particular fetishes, but that is not really training. It is simply a method of adding in the fetish steering as a relational discussion rather than a button screen choice: "Do you want Male Domination in this game? Yes/No."

ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
I see nothing of trainer in this game, unless it is the MC getting trained by Laura.. that's pretty much it. The rest is relational simulation with a few breaks to steer things a bit towards or away from particular fetishes, but that is not really training. It is simply a method of adding in the fetish steering as a relational discussion rather than a button screen choice: "Do you want Male Domination in this game? Yes/No."
Unofficially? I think the current game as it is fits more of the dating sim genre. Not sandbox or visual novel.

Which I wouldn't complain if we did brand it that way. :unsure:

But usual reminder that we are still in an EARLY beta stage. A lot of people complaining about certain features not being fleshed out are... correct... because it's an early beta and the game isn't complete. So I'm not going to argue against "complaints" about things being unfinished.

We'll be updating things as they get done... as expected of game development... So yeah.

Violet Snow

Dec 27, 2019
Is this game a harem game? I think that I read somewhere early on in the development cycle for the game that it wasn't a harem game, so I went in expecting it wouldn't be.

But it certainly feels like a harem game. All the girls are throwing themselves at the player character like a harem game, and while you can respond by saying you don't want things to change relationship wise when they want to escalate - you can't respond by saying "I'm already in a relationship." like I'd expect if this wasn't a harem game. The other characters also don't really seem to recognize the relationship with any other character, either.

• Haha
Reactions: Reynold

Nizzquizz

Oct 20, 2017
Love the idea of the kink split (especially with Jean as example, seing as I'm not into being bossed around but would gladly have a big sis like Jeany), I just hope the team's lofty goals don't get too much eventually.. :S

Epigonid

Nov 16, 2023
Unofficially? I think the current game as it is fits more of the dating sim genre. Not sandbox or visual novel.

Which I wouldn't complain if we did brand it that way. :unsure:

But usual reminder that we are still in an EARLY beta stage. A lot of people complaining about certain features not being fleshed out are... correct... because it's an early beta and the game isn't complete. So I'm not going to argue against "complaints" about things being unfinished.

We'll be updating things as they get done... as expected of game development... So yeah.
Don't be afraid to pursue your vision for the game, when you need to listen to input from people's listen because no one is perfect and when you think you don't need to listen and you don't need to worry because too many input also can make a game become bad in many game. Good luck on the development team and stay healthy and don't think too much and push yourself to much on development so you don't get sick

ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
No, the devs don't work on Oni time
Please don't throw shade. It's not the kind of community we want to foster.

That does sound awesome as hell but I got to thinking about it and I started to cringe at the coding nightmare it would be.
Not really. Ron's already set the base in a very modular fashion.

The thing is, it is a spiritual successor to Oni’s Rogue Like
I mean it's not. Oni's game is still in development and as you and other people have noted, for better or for worse, the gameplay loop and presentation is no where near the same.

Is this game a harem game? I think that I read somewhere early on in the development cycle for the game that it wasn't a harem game, so I went in expecting it wouldn't be.
I don't know who told you that. I vaguely recall mentioning that it was more of a polyamory game but that was me arguing semantics. By video game definitions it's definitely a harem game.

you can't respond by saying "I'm already in a relationship."
This has been a point of contention... All I'll say is that I wouldn't be opposed to having that be a dialogue choice but I don't have the power to make it one.

The other characters also don't really seem to recognize the relationship with any other character, either.
Early beta. We'll be adding more of this as development continues.

Is there a possibility or is it planned to let the girls keep their clothes or boots on during the sex scenes?
Considering the use of live 2D and how we'd have to pay the artists for every single clothing piece this would be quite an undertaking. We'd need to have a much higher budget.

It's not a no and everyone on the dev team would prefer we did do this but we don't have the money for it, yet, and it would take a looooong ass time waiting for the new art and then having to program the clothing in in an insane amount of combinations.

Plus we'd have to do it for every girl.

Right now our focus is on situational clothed sex. Examples I'm pulling out of my ass and are not on the to do list?

Christmas party and the girls are wearing a sexy dress. You sneak behind the big ass tree and lift the skirt.

You're at the beach and hid behind a rock before pulling the bottom part of their bikini aside.

You're in the Savage Land and Rogue is wearing her Savage Land outfit and you pull the bottoms down to her knees.

Stuff like that.

I just hope the team's lofty goals don't get too much eventually.. :S
From what the dev team has told me, nothing is too taxing. It's just time consuming. We eventually do get our workload finished and then we look into side projects as we wait for the art to come in.

apyrvalg

Oct 9, 2018
Monsieur Boots, would you kindly answer my question?

Why there is no "Load" button in the main menu, only "Continue"? Could be inconvenient when you have more than one concurrent playthrough going on.

sleepingkirby

Aug 8, 2017
Brought it to the attention of the devs... Not sure why we didn't already have it. Must have just slipped our minds.
I honestly thought it was a design choice since the save/load option is hidden deep in preferences. Because the save and load button are not preferences. I thought they wanted to discourage us from doing manual save and loads. Especially since the game autosaves on exit.

BTW, this is what fake.name.again was talking about when he said:
but I would say establishing a design language that players can understand how to interact with seems quite foundational.
The interface looks clean and sharp, but often times, it's not communicating to us how it's to be used/want to be used. In this case, we didn't even know if it was a bug to be reported. Understanding GUI isn't about learning it, though sometimes that does need to be case depending on the program. It's about conveying how it should be used. GUI stands for "graphical user interface". It's a graphical interface for the user. Meaning, graphically, it should convey how to, for a user, to interface with the program. And while I understand that blinking cursors underneath text is stylistic and cool looking, the blinking cursor tells us that that's an input prompt waiting on input. But when we try to type into it, we find that it's not. So now the player needs to relearn what common conventions/expectations for GUI should be just for your game and then throw that away once they're out of the game.

Sorry, didn't mean for it to go that long. But basically, it's not that:

We kinda just assumed people would put two and two together as the systems are not THAT complex or hard to understand.
But that the language of the design is telling us things that, often, is not the case. Like I'm not an expert. I can do frontend and have some art background, but design is a totally different beast that I'm not an expert on. Adequate, but not an expert. But things like going into "twitter"(humhum) to see the stats of one of the girls is like saying "I wonder which year of college my friend is in. Better check her twitter account profile."

And this isn't to say that the GUI is bad and horrible and needs to be revamped right now or the game will die, but just saying that the criticism of not having a clear design language is valid.

Also, I'm late to the party but:
There is no one that enjoys railroaded walls of text with endless and boring grind mixed in between. No one finds it fun.
Is how he(she? they? not sure on the gender) said it rude and self-entitled? Yes. Did he/she/they use personal attack fallacy and authoritative fallacy when voicing the point? Yes. But he/she/they have a valid point. You know I'm making a cheat injector for this game (it's done btw. Linux and windows version. Having someone, the person that wanted it, test it out before I post it here.) to reduce the grind. That should convey that the grind is maybe a little too long. If people are willing to, multiple times (as I'm not the first to do this), crack open the game, reverse engineer it to reduce the grind, maybe the grind is too long. If people are skipping dialogue text all the time, maybe the text is a little too much (or not spaced correctly or paced correctly, etc.)

Ultimately, this is you guy's game. Do I think that if you don't address EggplantEnjoyer's every whims (or even mine or fake-name-again's) you'd be "shooting yourselves in the foot" as that person said? No. If you guys want to make the game where you romance the girl just so have her tie you down and shit in your mouth, that's your freedom. But even in the rudest complaints, there's usually a grain of truth. And a good way to measure that is the old adage. One is a data point, two is a statistic. I.e. if multiple, unrelated people are complaining about the same things, there might be something there.

Sorry, didn't mean to for this to turn into a whole thing. I just wanted explain/elaborate somethings. Feel free to take my explanation/advice or discard it. I'm not a cop.

Have a good day. I'm going back into my hole of programming.

ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
The interface looks clean and sharp, but often times, it's not communicating to us how it's to be used/want to be used.
We are seeking to improve upon what we have.

Again, we are in early beta stages.

Not saying that specifically to you, just anyone reading through this.

In this case, we didn't even know if it was a bug to be reported.
Technically not a bug. More of an oversight. No one complained during testing and this is the first time someone brought it up.

We appreciate the feedback because we can't improve without it.

And this isn't to say that the GUI is bad and horrible and needs to be revamped right now or the game will die, but just saying that the criticism of not having a clear design language is valid.
And yes, but as you can see some people tend to express their opinion in an entitled and often antagonistic fashion. Not just with our game.

We're early in the process and have time and space to improve upon things.

One is a data point, two is a statistic. I.e. if multiple, unrelated people are complaining about the same things, there might be something there.
A counter here is that we have just as many, if not more, people not complaining about grind or certain aspects of the writing.

Not including those who have come to defense, or the several reviews praising our pacing and writing, we have a public discord that has hundreds of members that gives me data.

I host regular polls and write down common opinions I see here on F95 and people claiming the game is outright bad because of reasons like Null is push over or the game is too grindy are so few in comparison that it's actually noteworthy compared to the abundance of people who seem to be fine with things.

TL;DR People happy with current grind and story greatly outnumber people complaining.

Sorry, didn't mean to for this to turn into a whole thing.
You're good. We welcome civil discussion.

Have a good day.
Same to you my dude.

4.60 star(s) 152 Votes