FacelessVixen

Aug 25, 2017
Why being hugged is illegal to begin with?
Because the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

The kind of hug that we as players intend:

What the game interprets as a hug:
b07da2d12f4fd4e0a1ffc0a7af0e3eaf.jpg

I too am hoping that we can find a reasonable middle ground on what gets flagged as cheating or not, and my vote goes to hugs not counting as cheating.

randomname2243

Oct 26, 2017
Game should be clear on its feedback, give an exclamation mark for actions that seem cheating if you didn't form the harem or a warning before doing the action if you will be caught. My protagonist is academic, you can't tell me he isn't intelligent to know the implications of his actions. Giving the player information is always beneficial, and if it is done creativitely, even better. Getting that event felt to me like being hit by a frying pan on the head.
Every flirt(to increase their love) option, even complimenting them for their good work on the danger room can be a red card. So l learnt to only flirt(regardless if they are in the same room or not)when the harem is formed.
Just my experiences, not a complaint. Actually, now l have forgotten what I did in the game, l am sorry. l can only wait until it is finished, otherwise my immersion or experience is ruined by the bread crumbs. l prefer the full bread

\\_Tremolo_//

Jul 1, 2022
Because the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

The kind of hug that we as players intend:

What the game interprets as a hug:
View attachment 3878712

I too am hoping that we can find a reasonable middle ground on what gets flagged as cheating or not, and my vote goes to hugs not counting as cheating.
Shid, wish I could bang her in the ass and turned into vampire after, and bang her again:BootyTime::KEK:

• Thinking Face
Reactions: FacelessVixen

ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
Why being hugged is illegal to begin with?
Because you didn't wait till marriage! :eek:

Serious answer. We're in early development and haven't thrown in platonic affection yet.

Game should be clear on its feedback, give an exclamation mark for actions that seem cheating
We're working on it.

Just a general reminder that we are currently in a state that we wouldn't even consider early access.

I see comments demanding new girls and I'm just like "Dude, the fundamental systems aren't even in the game yet."

Remember. Pretty art and good writing isn't an indication that the game is a smooth experience. Y'all should expect some hiccups until you see the big blue [Completed] next to the name of the game.

But don't get discouraged. Once we have all these systems in place, Chapter 2 onward should be a smooth experience.

As said numerous times before. Chapter 1 will feel like a complete game before we move onto chapter 2.

randomname2243

Oct 26, 2017

Serious answer. We're in early development and haven't thrown in platonic affection yet.

We're working on it.

Just a general reminder that we are currently in a state that we wouldn't even consider early access.

I see comments demanding new girls and I'm just like "Dude, the fundamental systems aren't even in the game yet."

Remember. Pretty art and good writing isn't an indication that the game is a smooth experience. Y'all should expect some hiccups until you see the big blue [Completed] next to the name of the game.

But don't get discouraged. Once we have all these systems in place, Chapter 2 onward should be a smooth experience.

As said numerous times before. Chapter 1 will feel like a complete game before we move onto chapter 2.
l appreciate the professionalism and relatable theme of your answer. Frankly for me, l don't care about graphics, more about the style and what the author tries to show to the audience.

Or more specifically, the gameplay and the freedom it gives.
A flawed game but a game that always passes over my head is Alpha Protocol. That game at first tries to be a flawed, half baked concept like most modern games(AAA) do. They have some good concepts but they were not used 100% or forgot their original goal. To keep it short, at least AP showed the opposite of that, a subversion and it actually proved itself. But such black sheeps are not welcomed nor respectful in the general consensus.
But hey, if a game manages me to replay it over 6 times, with 3-4 times, having the same with slight decisions, and having fun, that's an above and beyond experience of a game
Excuse me, just wanted to say my piece, you do you. l am not a developer but playing so many games, l do kind of feel something. Obviously I will need practical experience to truly understand.
Please go on, and no need to hurry. It's your baby, you know how to do it.

Reactions: ShinyBoots1993

ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
I'm pretty sure that being able to play it is considered "access" and it's de facto in early access.
Or should I imagine world's largest air quotes when I'm reading this?
I was gonna clarify that I was making a reference to Steam Early Access but those games can be pretty broken too.

Point is that the game is gonna have a lot of problems. Expecting there to be none is just naive. Not calling you naive, but just in general it's not a good idea to expect the game to be anywhere near a finished state.

I mean we currently only have one way to raise friendship between girls, a core requirement if you want to date more than one at a time. I can assure people that the writers have already made more events and will continue to make more. I pretty much ignore claims of grind now as I see the team preparing events to make the experience better if you roleplay a character that doesn't say everything a girl wants to hear.

We will never stop in our attempts to eliminate the need of minmaxing.

Reactions: fapderp11

Diamond lou

Apr 17, 2018
It's been a bit since I checked in and sorry if it has been answered somewhere before but is there any ETA or guess as to when chapter 1 will be complete? Or just when the main relationship mechanics will be done? As a big fan The Null Hypothesis and of good old wholesome romance type games I'll likely be happy to wait regardless, but I'm not the biggest fan of repeating a game either because of the saves not being compatible or a few pieces of content being added earlier than point I'm most currently at meaning it's either replay or miss it.

Love what you guys are doing and how you interact with the community consistently, which is generally a good sign of things from what I've seen of other successful game and good knowledge/respect of the source material, so I'm very much looking forward to seeing how the game evolves.

randomname2243

Oct 26, 2017
l have a funny question.
Did you ever think to bring a dynamic Ai on the characters or in your games? Something akin to Oblivion Radiant AI where most things the player does and gets affected, the AI also can and be affected.
A really advanced concept and if refined or improved, l wonder what could happen in gaming.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

ronchonbon

Game Developer
Jul 18, 2019
i don't know if this function is actually in use but i noticed an error with expose(). the function finds the first state that doesn't cover the desired part and checks if that state is available; it will miss states that are available but are not the first that don't cover the part in question (eg if states covered are [0] and available states are [0, 2]). looping over available states and checking that they aren't covered instead probably works.
You're quite right! Good catch, I just fixed it as you suggested.

ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
any ETA or guess as to when chapter 1 will be complete?
Nope but I can assure you that "soon" we'll have an update adding more mansion areas and ways to increase friendship with girls and maybe chill with Nightcrawler. None of which will require you to restart your game.

Chapter 2 will come when it comes. I know the wait is hard, and trust us it's hard on us too we're really eager to get into it, but we want to get things in place so we never have to come back and redo things again. Could you imagine the quirk rework with like 9 girls?

But to leave you guys with at least something to chew on. We have previewed art of the finale location on the discord and I've seen progress on some more finale art we haven't revealed yet.

A really advanced concept
Yeah just the idea of this gave me a headache and I go no where near the code lol

Emma Frost and Jubilee
Magik, Shadowcat, Husk, Magma or Mirage.
All of these girls are on the list of potential inclusion.

Armstrong

May 11, 2017
Forget hugging. I got busted by X23 for simply looking into Jeans eyes and smiling at her!
I know X23 hasn't had the most "standard" of upbringings, but holy hell, getting pissed from basic, friendly interactions is a bit much.
Yeah, half of them shouldn't make you jealous. Just remove the jealousy check from them and everything will be fixed, it's not rocket science.

Reactions: FacelessVixen

adanu

Mar 28, 2020

We're working on it.

There is a reason I haven't dogpiled the devs about the grind. This is very early stuff, it's quite obvious, and it's clear they're working.

I can hate having something in the game while realizing that the devs intend to do something about it later.

b_w_r

Feb 27, 2021
It's a pity there's no option to bounce Null's cracked screen phone off the back of Juggernaut's head.

The plan is "be a distraction" and that thing has a reputation for great build quality, right?

I think it'd be something enjoyable to try on a replay, plus justify one or more of the girls who care about Null flying off the handle for doing something so obviously self-destructive. And writing a few extra lines for an especially-outraged-at-your-audacity villain.

Though maybe it'd tonally clash or just create too much work later with branching dialogue if the character returns.

FacelessVixen

Aug 25, 2017
Chapter 2
*frantically looks for the preview of Storm nude on Discord*

Oh, c'mon. Where is it?

*frantically looks for the preview of Storm nude on this site*

...Of course I didn't make the post with a 'red heart' or 'I jizzed my pants' emote.

Eh. Oh well.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

4.60 star(s) 152 Votes