ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
I wish this game was more feature rich. I literally cannot go back to rogue like now since this game is better
We're still early in development.

Things we plan on including at some point in no particular order.

1. A fully functioning BDSM system with advisement from actual BDSM people.

2. Several male X-Men just to be bros with. Like going to the bar or playing videogames while talking about the crazy shit that's been going around.

3. More jobs for Null to do with unique flavor and events tied to them.

4. The Mansion being fully fleshed out with art for each room.

5. Holiday events with unique costumes and scenes with each girl.

6. Several more dates, art to go with those dates, and variation depending on where you are at in the story and your relationship level with the girls.

7. Optional side quests that show some of the more obscure or interesting bits of the comics.

8. New Game Plus.

9. A reputation system.

10. Player character customization having a much larger impact on the game.

swordB0Y

Oct 8, 2021

2. Several male X-Men just to be bros with. Like going to the bar or playing videogames while talking about the crazy shit that's been going around.

6. Several more dates, art to go with those dates, and variation depending on where you are at in the story and your relationship level with the girls.

7. Optional side quests that show some of the more obscure or interesting bits of the comics.

8. New Game Plus.

9. A reputation system.

Sounds like the team has lots of big plans. Great to know there will be more X Men implemented. That would greatly add to the world.

salscou

Apr 14, 2020

8. New Game Plus.

9. A reputation system.

Just saying, theres a lot of potential for akward conversations with Logan, thats exploitable.

Reactions: Beta F4gg0t

Christ P Bacon

Jul 4, 2018

8. New Game Plus.

9. A reputation system.

any chance we can play as matchmaker for some ladies that we are not directly romanced?,

Reactions: salscou

Mcknobz33

Dec 29, 2017

8. New Game Plus.

9. A reputation system.

excuse my ignorance but was this game onhold for a time?
cause i see that it was first released in 2022

FacelessVixen

Aug 25, 2017
Long story short: This started as Chonky Mod for RLE in 2022, started spinning off from being a mod to taking shape as The Null Hypothesis "0.1" at some point, and the game launched publicly with 0.2a October last year.

drifter139

Dec 11, 2019
honestly it's due to the team wanting to make the best game they can. all of them seem to be big fans of comic books and wanna make a game that reflects that love

jvbatman

Feb 16, 2024

8. New Game Plus.

9. A reputation system.

Maybe it's just me but hanging out with other dudes is these types of games is the least interesting thing to me. I'm here for the girls and I hope they're all added to the game before any dude to ignore are added.

Reactions: wiseold6996

ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
Just saying, theres a lot of potential for akward conversations with Logan, thats exploitable.
Oh we've had plenty of discussions about this.

any chance we can play as matchmaker for some ladies that we are not directly romanced?,
One of the first things I suggested, one of the first things that got shot down. :HideThePain:

all of them seem to be big fans of comic books and wanna make a game that reflects that love
Actually that was just me at first. The others were fans of the movies and TV shows.

An abridged version of development.

We started out with the idea that it'd be a more faithful adaptation/sequel of Evolution.

I was reading the early X-Men comics at the time and suggested why not make things based off of the comics? Those who played the really early builds will know this to be the reason behind Rogue's redesign.

So the idea was a RLE style sandbox with a condensed comic book feel. I however read 30 years of comics in one month and Buttholder, who would become a writer later, read 60 years of comics in 3 months and that lead us to have a somewhat linear story to go along with the sandbox.

However, in our readings we realized that there is a lot of great material that we could adapt so we decided to condense 40 years of comics into a 6 chapter game... Which wasn't actually all too difficult. So we went with yearly progression.

The first chapter is simply an introduction to the setting and some key characters. Starting chapter 2 onwards, the game will follow closer to the comics.

Just minus all the child molestation, random retconning of rape into people's backstories, constantly killing off characters for shock value, character development resets, and cutting 2 thirds of the alien invasion subplots.

Yes this was the shortened version.

he is asking for normal stuff any straight man would enjoy
Uh huh, i think you should take Arkopand's advice.
I still have no idea what you're going on about and I refuse to google words I don't understand if I see them on this website.

Maybe it's just me but hanging out with other dudes is these types of games is the least interesting thing to me.
The girls will always take priority over bros.

Though when we do add some dudes, at least try to interact with them. Our writers tend to cause people to flip their opinions on a lot of things. ;)

salscou

Apr 14, 2020
I still have no idea what you're going on about and I refuse to google words I don't understand if I see them on this website.
The queen of hearts and the raceplay hes asking you to add is blacked fetichistic bullshit, they are so notoriusly annoying plenty of Boorus have them banned because the ygo around poorly photoshopping and editing pictures with it.

Gwb2006

Jan 7, 2018
The girls will always take priority over bros.

Though when we do add some dudes, at least try to interact with them. Our writers tend to cause people to flip their opinions on a lot of things. ;)
Granted, I've been reading X-Men comics for 30 years, so I might be a bit biased, but I like the non sexual story based interactions with the characters as well as the lewd stuff. So far, it's just been Nightcrawler, but his budding friendship and the story beat where
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
That interaction between him and the mc feels very true to Kurt's character. I can tell there's a lot of love for these characters put into the writing and I for one wouldn't mind the addition of non sexual story based interactions with other characters. It will only flesh out the world and make the player feel like they're actually a mutant thrust into this crazy scenario.

drifter139

Dec 11, 2019
I hope at some point we can see MC being a bro and helping Kurt out with the girls he likes. wingman for our blue buddy since he's been helping us since we first met him. nothing too big but just things like giving Kurt tips, advice, and talking him up. I would like to see more of MC's backstory like his family but given how we can either be part of a family or an orphan, that might be harder to pull off

Reactions: salscou

darkstel

Sep 21, 2017
I hope at some point we can see MC being a bro and helping Kurt out with the girls he likes. wingman for our blue buddy since he's been helping us since we first met him. nothing too big but just things like giving Kurt tips, advice, and talking him up. I would like to see more of MC's backstory like his family but given how we can either be part of a family or an orphan, that might be harder to pull off
the answer has already been given that this will not happen

ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
MC's backstory
The MC's backstory will likely remain bare bones to allow you to make up whatever fits for you.

We'll add in a few bits and pieces to customize. Like we currently have Art Scholarship Nulls to claim if they were music or not. There's also a conversation with Rogue about Null's mom if you didn't choose the orphan option. There's a bunch already in the game that I don't 100% remember but any future indications will be broad enough to not force anything on you.

The only thing that's forced on the player is that Null isn't a malicious person.

helping Kurt out with the girls
Kurt has a girlfriend. No you won't get to fuck her. No you won't get to watch him fuck her.

Maddeninggg

Mar 19, 2019
I did not intend for that. I just wanna help the blue man out as bros should
I think there's a bit of a misconception. While we won't be using art resources on non-romanceable female NPCs, that doesn't mean you can't give Kurt relationship advice or help him word his text messages better while trying to woo someone who's not a love interest for the player. We're just creating a physical and visual separation between romance involving the player and that involving NPCs.

4.60 star(s) 159 Votes