ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
So do you guys have a stable build?
Not particularly. A lot of the events seem to work fine. Such as the new intro that I hope you all will enjoy.

There are some things like random exceptions. There was a bug we're calling "kidnapping" where a girl will follow you and be static. Though that one seemed to be easy to fix.

It doesn't have to be a finished one, just a functional one in case things fuck up before release.
We're currently in the process of putting everything together. I've personally proofread the scripts, be they events or random dialogue, and more art keeps coming in. Our music guy is also kicking ass and taking names.

We have the pieces, we're just putting them together. In the time of putting them together, we're getting bonus pieces, which don't really extend dev time to implement, that I believe you'll enjoy.

I'm hoping for an early april release.
same man, same
I'm optimistic.

As I've said in the past. If there's a delay, my first act will to be transparent and inform y'all about it.

We're putting together some fun teasers and I may be able to nab some screenshots to share with you all to keep you guys hyped. ;)

SauceMixer

Nov 1, 2017
We're putting together some fun teasers and I may be able to nab some screenshots to share with you all to keep you guys hyped. ;)
ah yes, totally forgot about you main job. On that note, can we get a shot of a gal's casual getup? all we've got so far are uniform or straight-up lack of clothing (not that im complaining, or that they're all censored)

Rapeseed

Apr 19, 2020
We'll probably add an icon for the archetypes(Determined/Overwhelmed/Angry) since knowing which is which will be important seeing as characters will be commenting on your attitude and whether or not it's consistent.
I don't like this idea. Breaks immersion and world building for the sake of unnecesarry gameplay simplicity. It's a tiny inclusion - for us, our character should be taken by their words, not icons just next to them; with anything like that, you're asking for a perfect step-by-step play of what to do.

I do sort of support the [LIE] and [SARCASM] before a phrase if our character has an objective. It doesn't tell us what we're supposed to feel, but helps we understand - then act as - our character.
[CONFIDENT], [CALM], [UPSET] would also help, but only if the situation doesn't already support these emotions before hand.

Not particularly. A lot of the events seem to work fine. Such as the new intro that I hope you all will enjoy.
How different from 0.3c is the new intro? I was really looking forward to not having to be a dick in the first few minutes of gameplay. My jock's not an 80's sit-com jock, just a fun guy who likes talking and experiencing new things; his world is going to be turned upside down and any mean comment'll come from the experience making him insecure.
He's about to have an arc with the new-found mutant powers.

There are some things like random exceptions. There was a bug we're calling "kidnapping" where a girl will follow you and be static. Though that one seemed to be easy to fix.
You gotta love those, 'least, love to hear 'em. I recently was made aware of one in the first S.T.A.L.K.E.R. where a character had to be in every map so the game wouldn't crash and that made my entire week - just imagining a character with a broken 3D model in every interior I entered in FO4 made me smile from ear to ear.

We have the pieces, we're just putting them together. In the time of putting them together, we're getting bonus pieces, which don't really extend dev time to implement, that I believe you'll enjoy.

I'm optimistic.
I think I may be even more optismitic than you. People keep commenting April, but I don't know - April's not too distant, but it doesn't seem precise to the "events timeline" you keep giving us.

Shiny, please - you know exactly what we want (Laura goodness) but we need to see Jean naked.

Reactions: Eland51298

ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
alright that one's on me, i missed that somehow, but what about laura?
I'll see if I can find y'all something.

I don't like this idea. Breaks immersion and world building for the sake of unnecesarry gameplay simplicity. It's a tiny inclusion - for us, our character should be taken by their words, not icons just next to them; with anything like that, you're asking for a perfect step-by-step play of what to do.
Eh we need some kind of indicator and a small symbol won't break immersion too much. We also have it that it's not a guide to min max. As some options will gain love points and some will gain trust points.

Obviously, some girls won't like some responses but some girls aren't interested in certain guys.

I do sort of support the [LIE] and [SARCASM] before a phrase if our character has an objective. It doesn't tell us what we're supposed to feel, but helps we understand - then act as - our character.
[CONFIDENT], [CALM], [UPSET] would also help, but only if the situation doesn't already support these emotions before hand.
See that as opposed to small icons seems a lot more immersion breaking imo.

How different from 0.3c is the new intro?
You get a near full tour of the mansion and most of the city by different characters who pass you along to others. Rather than just Rogue showing you around two or three rooms.

I was really looking forward to not having to be a dick in the first few minutes of gameplay.
Yeah we toned it down.

I think I may be even more optismitic than you. People keep commenting April, but I don't know - April's not too distant, but it doesn't seem precise to the "events timeline" you keep giving us.
We haven't had our pacing slow I can tell you that much.

aj1

Aug 5, 2016
What sort of release are we looking at? A announced release with a time and date or it's 2am, it's finished, have fun.

ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
What sort of release are we looking at? A announced release with a time and date or it's 2am, it's finished, have fun.
The second.

I remember seeing a quote somewhere around here something long the lines of-
"Release dates are for designers who don't care about the quality of their product."
Looking at the AAA games being put out lately, I think that kinda applies to all levels of game design.

Reactions: Crichton and aj1

Rapeseed

Apr 19, 2020
Fine fine. Y'all keep badgering me over it. Here.
Ok, ok. This is more than enough - I'll quit pestering.

Also, thanks for giving her practical underwear. It's not a lot, but damn it's immersive.

I remember seeing a quote somewhere around here something long the lines of-

Looking at the AAA games being put out lately, I think that kinda applies to all levels of game design.
Based quote, really; it's factually incorrect however. Maybe get around the forum and find what days of the week have the most people in here - and don't release at 2 in the morning.
Not only because of the Patreon support it could bring, but because you want to make sure people see it.

Reminds me of Sweery with the "one more thing" back in the Xbox One days - that was baaaad.

ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
Based quote, really; it's factually incorrect however. Maybe get around the forum and find what days of the week have the most people in here - and don't release at 2 in the morning.
Not only because of the Patreon support it could bring, but because you want to make sure people see it.

Reminds me of Sweery with the "one more thing" back in the Xbox One days - that was baaaad.
Was being a little hyperbolic. We're not just gonna randomly drop it unannounced without telling anyone.

Maybe we'll make an announcement a day before or so while we're packaging it and uploading it to a hosting site at a normal time. Like 9PM in one of the USA time zones.

We may even open the discord with that announcement.

I'll keep you all up to date when I have relevant info.

Reactions: Mugetsu_x

Rapeseed

Apr 19, 2020
Well, guys. I'm sorry but I have to come clean after all this time, I'm tired of all the gaslighting - the "game" is just a bunch of animated gifs of the x-men fighting an entire army of skeleton arches.

With this revelation in mind; I'll now grab a few of my parents and go into hiding as Shiny will undoubatedly come and kidnap the members of my family he hasn't already. Wish me luck

Crichton

Aug 5, 2018
With this revelation in mind; I'll now grab a few of my parents and go into hiding as Shiny will undoubatedly come and kidnap the members of my family he hasn't already. Wish me luck
Just a few of the 50 parents you have. I'd kill for some gifs with a tit.

Rapeseed

Apr 19, 2020
Was being a little hyperbolic. We're not just gonna randomly drop it unannounced without telling anyone.

Maybe we'll make an announcement a day before or so while we're packaging it and uploading it to a hosting site at a normal time. Like 9PM in one of the USA time zones.
What's the size of the first release, you figure? I think I'll be fine downloading it, but you might also want to especify that if the number's too large.

I'll keep you all up to date when I have relevant info.
How will the Discord be like? Is it exclusively a way for us to talk with the development team or will we get memes?

SauceMixer

Nov 1, 2017
Ok, ok. This is more than enough - I'll quit pestering.
I'll echo this sentiment.....for now. (I've yet to see some laura goodness aside from the valentine tease)

Maybe we'll make an announcement a day before or so
interested.png
while we're packaging it and uploading it to a hosting site at a normal time
excited.png
came.png

Reactions: krazy4games
4.60 star(s) 152 Votes