krazy4games

May 4, 2018
Not sure where my thoughts are better suited, here or in the review section but I'm just gonna put it here for the sake of replying if needed.

Art- Fantastic. 11/10. Everything felt very alive, from the background drops to the characters themselves, all of the little details didn't go unnoticed. For me personally, i really liked the changing facial animations, especially the eyes. Blinking is one of those things that can sometimes feel really creepy in a 2d environment, but you guys nailed it spot on. I can't say enough how amazing all the art is.
My only criticism here would be Rogue's boobs, but this has already been adressed so i won't spend too much time on it. Maybe raising them just a bit higher would be good.

Music- Another 11/10. It was a little loud at first, but nothing messing with the settings couldnt resolve. Having something in the background is so soothing, it's made even better by not being the same generic sounds you usually find in other H games. My favorite was the Danger room by far, that shit was awesome.

Writing- The actual flow of dialogue and conversations is done very well, it feels fairly genuine. Each of the characters introduced so far have had a very distinct personallity that is brought to life by the way they talk and respond. This part i thought was excellent.
I did have a bit of a struggle when it came to accents though, Kurt specifically. As a native english speaker it wasn't that i coudn't understand what he was saying, but it really disrupted the flow of immersion because i would have to stop and reread it a few times. The idea behind the accents is good, but it could be a bit overwhelming at times. Maybe toning down the intensity of his sentences could work?

Other- There was a scene right at the end of the preview when you're talking with Jean and she mentions being like a campus big sib. I dunno what it is, but that sounds odd to me. Especially when you can respond with "so i'll be like your little bro?" She should just say big sis intstead of sib imo.

All around though, i can't wait for more. I haven't been this excited for a game in a VERY long time. All AAA titles can suck a nut, this is where it's at. Great job to everybody involved, your work is very much appreciated!!

• Red Heart
Reactions: Farajure and mp82rw

ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
campus big sib
It's a concept common among American colleges. Campus Siblings. Seniors will usually look out for groups of freshmen and teach them the ropes.

From what I've gathered there seems to be a 50/50 split in who I talk to about it as obviously not EVERY college in the united states has it but it is common enough for it to remain. Plus we need her to have a nurturing bond and this was the fastest way we could establish it without slapping people in the face with faux-incest.

Jean's behavior isn't even something we made up here. She was basically the denmother in the original comic run, taking care of the other students. We just thought a campus sibling made more sense rather than being the caretaker because woman. The 60s were a hell of a time.

Crichton

Aug 5, 2018
I did have a bit of a struggle when it came to accents though, Kurt specifically. As a native english speaker it wasn't that i coudn't understand what he was saying, but it really disrupted the flow of immersion because i would have to stop and reread it a few times. The idea behind the accents is good, but it could be a bit overwhelming at times. Maybe toning down the intensity of his sentences could work?
Your point is valid. I have trouble understanding people speaking with accents. Rereading just felt like I asked him to repeat himself.

ChronoTriggered

Dec 26, 2021
They look like they're hanging low to me too compared to where we can see her clavicle, and compared to the other girls. I wouldn't want them to look fake either, but as far as implants what usually gives them away are the obvious edges of them rather than size(within limits) or lack of sag. That is, unless the surgeon was just terrible. In a properly fitting bra you shouldn't be able to tell they're fake compared to natural perky ones.
Agreed 100%, don't change the natural look of her tits, they look good like that, the problem is that they are low on the body, more of a anatomical mistake really.

chopolander

Dec 9, 2018
If I had to put a downside... in my opinion, Storm's posture with her head tilted doesn't quite fit.... :unsure:

I don't know, but it makes me see that the head looks smaller in proportion to the body. Its looks weird.

... or maybe it's the effect of the hair... Maybe with loose hair it will be different...

Last edited:

Farajure

Jul 26, 2021
About the accents, I actually kinda like it as is. But if it will be toned down i'll accept it.

Talking about the things in the preview:
1. I LOVED the animations, damn do they add to the immersion.
2. Again, the music, chef's kiss.
3. The "Prank" to Rogue. It made me actually feel like shit IRL, I like this immersion in the life of "supes".

• Red Heart
Reactions: mp82rw

Crimx42

Jul 7, 2017
Other- There was a scene right at the end of the preview when you're talking with Jean and she mentions being like a campus big sib. I dunno what it is, but that sounds odd to me. Especially when you can respond with "so i'll be like your little bro?" She should just say big sis intstead of sib imo.

All around though, i can't wait for more. I haven't been this excited for a game in a VERY long time. All AAA titles can suck a nut, this is where it's at. Great job to everybody involved, your work is very much appreciated!!
I think what made that scene jarring is the abruptness of it (and the typo)

You're just hanging out and BAM
RANDOM JEAN APPEARS
and BAM RANDOM JEAN WANTS TO BE YOUR SISTER

I just chalked this suddenness to the fact this is a preview; and that the official release will make it feel smoother.

Like potentially instead of her creepily approaching you with the "I know who you are, and we are going to be the bestestests of friends, muahahaha"

That she will sound more casual as a Den Mother or something

Reactions: MusicVideoGuy

Atlas08

Apr 6, 2018
Damn this is a great remix, can't wait to see more of the game eventually, also loved that Kurt turns up as a guide in places. Btw is their an active Discord we can join?

Evil13

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2019
Alright, played through the preview and I have a few brief thoughts.

- The art, as promised, is fantastic. Loved the look of the characters and the environments.
- The introduction gets a lot in in a very short time, which does help to add to the feeling of being overwhelmed that Null would be feeling. So, an interesting twist.
- The characters are for the most part well written and consistent with how we knew them to be in the comics. That being said, Jean's introduction was a little jarring, going from "Hey" to "I'm your big sister now!" in the space of a scene. I fully understand and agree with the idea of Jean being a student mentor, its just something that could have been eased a little more, like "Hey Null. I know things are a little overwhelming at the moment, but if you have any problems, you can come to me." or something to that effect.
Likewise, Kurt is near indecipherable at times. I had to read things twice to make sure what I was seeing was correct. Reading though it, it felt like it was combining phonetic German and Russian into English, which is where a lot of confusion is coming from. Don't get me wrong, I'm trying not to be harsh but with someone with Kurt who is a long term and fluent ESL (English as a Second Language), you could just get away with the Z in the place of TH.

But I don't want to end this on a negative note. I enjoyed this preview and I look forward to the next update.

Last edited:
Reactions: Farajure

ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
you could just get away with the Z in the place of TH.
You can pry the Vs instead of Ws from my cold dead hands.

But jokes aside we will be toning it down. It's intentionally supposed to be very thick but if it's outright taking people out of the experience then yeah we can stay with some more basic stuff. At least with characters who vill be speakink very much.

As for the Jean thing I thought we did tone it down. :unsure: I'll suggest to the writer to have the campus sibling thing to maybe be spaced out over more than one event.

I do know that pacing is an issue but that's because of it being a teaser. With the sandbox element introduced in the first official release things will have some breathing room.

Btw is their an active Discord we can join?
You're supposed to get an invite once you complete the teaser. :oops:

Eland51298

Aug 19, 2022

But jokes aside we will be toning it down. It's intentionally supposed to be very thick but if it's outright taking people out of the experience then yeah we can stay with some more basic stuff. At least with characters who vill be speakink very much.

As for the Jean thing I thought we did tone it down. :unsure: I'll suggest to the writer to have the campus sibling thing to maybe be spaced out over more than one event.

I do know that pacing is an issue but that's because of it being a teaser. With the sandbox element introduced in the first official release things will have some breathing room.

Man do you never sleep? it's only 4am and you're already replying xd

Crimx42

Jul 7, 2017

My advice is irrelevant, but is it necessary/optimal for Jean to meet you before you meet her with Prof-X?

On the other hand, it would also make sense for her to introduce herself casually on the first day (after everyone else has basically left you to sleep), to just be like "Hey, I'm the RA, let me know if you need anything." like a super brief appearance

OTOH, yall are doing a great job, nevermind

Reactions: Evil13

ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
Man do you never sleep?
What's sleep?
it's only 4am and you're already replying xd
12:06 AM for me at the time of writing this.

My advice is irrelevant
No it's not.

but is it necessary/optimal for Jean to meet you before you meet her with Prof-X?
Not particularly. :unsure:

On the other hand, it would also make sense for her to introduce herself casually on the first day (after everyone else has basically left you to sleep), to just be like "Hey, I'm the RA, let me know if you need anything." like a super brief appearance
Honestly yeah something as passing her in the hall could be good. I'll suggest something simple like this.

Aug 9, 2021
I have to wake up in 5 hours to go to work, but this game finally release the preview, i guess im not going to sleep any sec tonight

4.60 star(s) 152 Votes