GreenGarnish

Jun 10, 2018
Really interesting prologue so far, i was expecting Jean to be as bitchy as her counterpart in Rogue-Like.
Bit sad that Ororo doesn't look as thick though. Looking forward to how this evolves.

zapzero

Jul 19, 2021
Was kinda hoping for more dating mechanics with greater depth with all our advancement in dating sim technology in 2023.

As of now, it seems to be repeating what rogue-like does, but in a more convoluted way.
(As Kevin in the office might say - Why waste time say lot word, when few word do trick?)

Not really interested in a reskinned alpha-version of rogue-like, though maybe this will light a fire under Oni.

Hope Ron keeps it up!

doidera

Jun 11, 2017
The preview looks promising, now all that's missing is the option of a female protagonist and it will be excellent

• Haha
Reactions: Benisbob

mr.AwesomeGameTaste

Feb 18, 2021
just gave it a try, and yeah,the similarities with RLE are striking,even mc's powers as rogue's main attraction to him,and one could make an argument this is a complete rip-off, but I honestly don't mind it that much. I like the comic style,the art style and models, Not sure about rogue since I love the cartoon's version more,but she's similar enough (and hot as well). I like the different outfits and I feel like the big improvements that could be done over Oni's game are more outfits,both casual and erotic,and more characters,like psylocke or Scarlet witch. After all if there can be 20 teen titans games we can have 2 similar x men ones. Good luck to the devs

Aioria619

Apr 23, 2017
Because its the prologue, its literally the beginning, it's a proof of concept and to show that there is actually a game being worked on.
It is what I do not understand if it were a new game it should have been created now but this game has been in development since Nov 23, 2022

• Angry
Reactions: Eland51298

MatWing

Oct 22, 2021
I like how this is basically Rogue-like with Taffy Tale graphics. Also found it a little weird that the name for MC that I use in RLE 'Null' is what the creator of this game used for the title. Interesting coincidence.

zapzero

Jul 19, 2021
hahaha what happens with these games without content, why release a game that has no content I don't understand the truth
Wanna know something more interesting?

The original plan by the devs was to make a mod for the Rogue-like for more locations and enabling more girls in one scene etc.
But they scrapped it early last year to make a stand alone.

I don't mind the devs making a new game, Rogue-like itself was basically a better dating sim that develops its ideas from an older generation of ero-games. Like pretty much every game today, we stand on the shoulder of giants.

I just hope they innovated the mechanics to make it more fun and not make it a boring 1 for 1 copy of Rogue-like with additional basic mods and some graphical changes.

Reactions: Aioria619

ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
Oh boy. Time to get my Community Manager hat back on. Hope I didn't lose my edge.

the little discord button appeared after the demo, but it says link is invalid for me
I'll DM you an invite since you're having a technical error.

Damn, hype, loved rogue evolution, if you guys can enhance the experience of that,
I've answered this a million times but those who frequent this thread know I don't mind repeating myself for new comers. This game fundamentally is no longer "another rogue like." For one we put a lot more focus on the narrative, we actually have an overarching narrative, and the girls are a lot more fleshed out. The MC's ability to block powers is genuinely the only thing left over from Rogue Like. We are also expanding upon it rather than just automatically being invincible.

One of the standout features is that both games have completely different "relationship" mechanics. We don't have the love, obedience, and addiction stats. For one there is no addiction system nor is there an obedience system. You will have to go through the girl's personal interactions and events to get them to fall in love with you and their willingness to be dommed is based on how much they like you. Not special conditioning.

Another Rogue Like game
As stated above, it's not.

please make more update ill donate you and support you!
We will provide links to donation sites once we have the first build up. We made the decision that we won't take money until you guys have an actual game to play around with.

Will have female protagonist later on! Thanks!
Sad to inform that the female protagonist will be waiting until we finish the male character's story. You can blame me specifically as I suggested this because I've seen other games flounder because they decided to essentially make two different games.

I wonder can wolverine always be a virgin if he is a girl since he can recover himself in a short time by his power.
Uh Wolverine and X-23 are two different people. Though no, X-23's virginity won't be regenerating.

Is Mystique going to be a love interest in this?
She would be an interesting choice. :WeSmart:

rogue like has a story?
To my knowledge? Nope. Just a premise with some girls lore dumping info not from X-Men Evolution.

While humorous. Why did you quote something from months ago? This is more likely to cause drama than anything else. I ask that people be respectful in this thread.

The time of initial outrage is over. Let's leave it in the past.

Really digging this! Kitty's my favorite Rogue-Like character...so I hope she's in the release!
The only girls in the first release are Jean, Rogue, and X-23. Kitty is an interesting character for a second release. If we choose her that is. :sneaky:

Really interesting prologue so far, i was expecting Jean to be as bitchy as her counterpart in Rogue-Like.
We don't see a point in emulating any of Oni's writing. This Jean will be closer to the comic books. All be it a little more expressive as in the comics she was kinda the token girl member and even behaved that way for several years after several women joined the team. :unsure: We're gonna be basing her personality off of more recent adaptations but rolling it back with the idea of "What if this character was a college student having finals anxiety and identity issues?" For the first chapter at least.

Bit sad that Ororo doesn't look as thick though. Looking forward to how this evolves.
We based her off of comic book art. She's never really been super thicc. :unsure: If you were expecting a dumptruck booty... Well there's your answer. The comics never gave her one.

Welp see ya in 5 years
Nah nah. By that point we'd have several chapters out. We've just had a few set backs. We wanted chapter 1 out months ago but life got in the way.

Was kinda hoping for more dating mechanics with greater depth with all our advancement in dating sim technology in 2023.
Which is what you will have. This is a narrative, art, and music teaser. The sandbox will be in the next release. There will be a focus on dating as just spamming gifts and compliments will only get you so far.

Not really interested in a reskinned alpha-version of rogue-like
This is very much not a reskin of Rogue-Like. It's also not an alpha. The next release will be a full on beta-release.

female protagonist
As stated it won't be for a while. Also going off of your icon I apologize as there won't be lesbian options... At least at first.

Again you can blame me.

As a man who very much likes dick, I put my foot down with the dev team that there will be no lesbian content unless they were willing to have male on male content. Right now we don't have an artist willing to draw guy on guy content but that may change.

Again, I apologize but trust me. A bunch of straight guys(I'm the only non-straight guy on the team) don't know how to write lesbian romances so I'm saving you cringe.

You got me hyped
I'm glad. :D

You don't have a Jean that is goes against her canon character and acts like a spoiled bitch, so you automatically are my favorite x men dating sim.
I mean arguably her comic counterpart can act like a spoiled bitch. We're not going that route so don't worry. :LOL:

just gave it a try, and yeah,the similarities with RLE are striking,even mc's powers as rogue's main attraction to him,and one could make an argument this is a complete rip-off
I'm going to be polite and assume you did not play the teaser. Anyone who played it can tell you that the similarities end at the MC's power affecting others. They don't even work the same way Zero's power works. In fact we even provide an explanation on how Xavier is still able to communicate with us telepathically.

As you haven't played the teaser. Rogue's main attraction to the player isn't his power. The first beta release will expand on this further.

I like the comic style,the art style and models, Not sure about rogue since I love the cartoon's version more
Okay story time.

Initially this was going to be an X-Men Evolution based game. I convinced the main team to take on comic inspiration instead to avoid our project being a Rogue-Like clone. However, the entire team is addicted to big tiddied goth gfs. In addition rather than a pure sandbox with no overarching goal, we are adapting the comics in order. Excluding Chapter 1 as it exists to set up the world. Chapter 2 onwards will be outright adapting comic book storylines.

Now back to Rogue. If we were to go comic purist, Rogue would not be in the game until chapter 3. Rogue's art was already commissioned so I tweaked the story to have her be a member of the X-Men earlier than she was in the comics. Because she's part of the story before she even appears in the comics, we went with an Evolution "inspired" teenager Rogue into goth stuff. As the story goes on she will become more like her more well known counter part from the '95 cartoon.

I will stress that her gothness is not a phase that she grows out of. She will remain goth. However, wearing black is not a personality trait so we have plans of having her be more complex in that she can still be goth and have her southern belle persona that everyone is familiar with.

It is what I do not understand if it were a new game it should have been created now but this game has been in development since Nov 23, 2022
Actually a new game takes longer. Early on we established that we are not using anything of Oni's. Not his code nor his art. Our lead dev built it from the ground up.

Not only that. The team is made up of full time college students and full time employed individuals. On top of that there have been deaths in the family. So set backs happen.

I hope you have the empathy to understand why all this would have an effect on our release schedule.

I just hope they innovated the mechanics to make it more fun and not make it a boring 1 for 1 copy of Rogue-like with additional basic mods and some graphical changes.
If you played the teaser you'd know that this isn't the case. I can promise everyone that there is no way in hell that this could be considered a 1 for 1 copy.

Last edited:

mr.AwesomeGameTaste

Feb 18, 2021
Oh boy. Time to get my Community Manager hat back on. Hope I didn't lose my edge.

I'll DM you an invite since you're having a technical error.

I've answered this a million times but those who frequent this thread know I don't mind repeating myself for new comers. This game fundamentally is no longer "another rogue like." For one we put a lot more focus on the narrative, we actually have an overarching narrative, and the girls are a lot more fleshed out. The MC's ability to block powers is genuinely the only thing left over from Rogue Like. We are also expanding upon it rather than just automatically being invincible.

One of the standout features is that both games have completely different "relationship" mechanics. We don't have the love, obedience, and addiction stats. For one there is no addiction system nor is there an obedience system. You will have to go through the girl's personal interactions and events to get them to fall in love with you and their willingness to be dommed is based on how much they like you. Not special conditioning.

As stated above, it's not.

We will provide links to donation sites once we have the first build up. We made the decision that we won't take money until you guys have an actual game to play around with.

Sad to inform that the female protagonist will be waiting until we finish the male character's story. You can blame me specifically as I suggested this because I've seen other games flounder because they decided to essentially make two different games.

Uh Wolverine and X-23 are two different people. Though no, X-23's virginity won't be regenerating.

She would be an interesting choice. :WeSmart:

To my knowledge? Nope. Just a premise with some girls lore dumping info not from X-Men Evolution.

The only girls in the first release are Jean, Rogue, and X-23. Kitty is an interesting character for a second release. If we choose her that is. :sneaky:

We don't see a point in emulating any of Oni's writing. This Jean will be closer to the comic books. All be it a little more expressive as in the comics she was kinda the token girl member and even behaved that way for several years after several women joined the team. :unsure: We're gonna be basing her personality off of more recent adaptations but rolling it back with the idea of "What if this character was a college student having finals anxiety and identity issues?" For the first chapter at least.

We based her off of comic book art. She's never really been super thicc. :unsure: If you were expecting a dumptruck booty... Well there's your answer. The comics never gave her one.

Nah nah. By that point we'd have several chapters out. We've just had a few set backs. We wanted chapter 1 out months ago but life got in the way.

Which is what you will have. This is a narrative, art, and music teaser. The sandbox will be in the next release. There will be a focus on dating as just spamming gifts and compliments will only get you so far.

This is very much not a reskin of Rogue-Like. It's also not an alpha. The next release will be a full on beta-release.

As stated it won't be for a while. Also going off of your icon I apologize as there won't be lesbian options... At least at first.

Again you can blame me.

As a man who very much likes dick, I put my foot down with the dev team that there will be no lesbian content unless they were willing to have male on male content. Right now we don't have an artist willing to draw guy on guy content but that may change.

Again, I apologize but trust me. A bunch of straight guys(I'm the only non-straight guy on the team) don't know how to write lesbian romances so I'm saving you cringe.

I'm glad. :D

I mean arguably her comic counterpart can act like a spoiled bitch. We're not going that route so don't worry. :LOL:

I'm going to be polite and assume you did not play the teaser. Anyone who played it can tell you that the similarities end at the MC's power affecting others. They don't even work the same way Zero's power works. In fact we even provide an explanation on how Xavier is still able to communicate with us telepathically.

As you haven't played the teaser. Rogue's main attraction to the player isn't his power. The first beta release will expand on this further.

Okay story time.

Initially this was going to be an X-Men Evolution based game. I convinced the main team to take on comic inspiration instead to avoid our project being a Rogue-Like clone. However, the entire team is addicted to big tiddied goth gfs. In addition rather than a pure sandbox with no overarching goal, we are adapting the comics in order. Excluding Chapter 1 as it exists to set up the world. Chapter 2 onwards will be outright adapting comic book storylines.

Now back to Rogue. If we were to go comic purist, Rogue would not be in the game until chapter 3. Rogue's art was already commissioned so I tweaked the story to have her be a member of the X-Men earlier than she was in the comics. Because she's part of the story before she even appears in the comics, we went with an Evolution "inspired" teenager Rogue into goth stuff. As the story goes on she will become more like her more well known counter part from the '95 cartoon.

I will stress that her gothness is not a phase that she grows out of. She will remain goth. However, wearing black is not a personality trait so we have plans of having her be more complex in that she can still be goth and have her southern belle persona that everyone is familiar with.

Actually a new game takes longer. Early on we established that we are not using anything of Oni's. Not his code nor his art. Our lead dev built it from the ground up.

Not only that. The team is made up of full time college students and full time employed individuals. On top of that there have been deaths in the family. So set backs happen.

I hope you have the empathy to understand why all this would have an effect on our release schedule.

If you played the teaser you'd know that this isn't the case. I can promise everyone that there is no way in hell that this could be considered a 1 for 1 copy.
I'm going to repay your "politeness" and tell you your assumptions are wrong and I did play the teaser. your reasoning might be different,but the academy setting is the same,mc's powers are the same even if you provide other explanation (it's nice that it exists),rogue is the one to give you the tour,she is touch starved and her initial interest in mc is bc of that.I only spoke of what I saw in the teaser and saying you will expand on it does not dismiss my argument,as i only played and expressed my opinions based on said teaser. Yes,there are differences,my favorite being not making Jean a spoiled princess,for which I'm thankful. I'm sure there will be many more and I can't wait for the story to continue. You guys admitted many times this game would not be made without RLE and that's ok,as I said I have no problem with that,so please spare me the snarky "you didn't play" comments. I understand everything you said about rogue and I think it's brilliant,keeping her southern and goth persona while evolving her is great, and adapting cb storylines is an even better idea. I hope you will succeed and once again,good luck to your team.

ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
but the academy setting is the same
An X-Men game set at the X-Mansion warrants a point contributing to the conclusion of "rip-off"?

mc's powers are the same
They very much are not. Similar does not equal the same. Even with much of the more complex parts we plan on revealing as the story unfolds not in the teaser, we show that some powers can affect Null. Meanwhile Zero is to immune to basically everything without training. I fail to see how this constitutes "rip-off."

rogue is the one to give you the tour
No, she very much is not. Storm and Nightcrawler are the primary tour guides. Yes you interact with Rogue and she explains things but the interaction is no where near what Rogue-Like offers. I'm not sure how this is a "rip-off."

she is touch starved and her initial interest in mc is bc of that
Rogue being touch starved is a part of her in every incarnation of the character. Her interest is your power, not you. If you played through the teaser you would know this and also know that you have the ability to tease her about her having an interest in you and it flusters her as that's when her interest in you comes to her mind.

In Oni's game the girl outright makes out with you for several minutes during your first meeting. Our Rogue is no where near that forward. I am not sure how that is a "rip-off."

so please spare me the snarky "you didn't play" comments.
I would if you didn't make claims that blatantly went against the content of the teaser. The major one being that you claim Rogue gives the player the tour... Which is provably false.

You even acknowledge that we're making attempts at taking the project away from Rogue-Like, after I challenged you, yet you still used the term "rip-off." Many of your points also mirror comments I made after my initial response.

And abandoning my coyness. Yes that is what I am most displeased with. You make claims of fact that contradict the content of the teaser, which are not opinions, point out things that are part of X-Men independent of Oni, and accuse our project of being a "rip-off."

If you did play the teaser then I am genuinely sorry for accusing you of not doing so. However I have to pose the question, why are you stating that the teaser contains content that it simply does not have?

If this is all one big misunderstanding then I'm willing to let bygones be bygones and hope we can have an amicable relationship in future interactions, but I will not stand idly by at the accusation of us being a "rip-off."

Edit: I was told to further my point about the powers that I should mention Leech.
and his I am noting that he can turn off powers and is green skinned. I'm not going to say Zero is a rip-off of this character but I was advised to mention that Oni did not invent the concept or character and thus makes us even less of a "rip-off."

Last edited:

zapzero

Jul 19, 2021

Glad to hear it, though I did in fact play through the teaser which was why I mentioned feeling slightly disappointed by the sameness. I even ended up pressing "continue" by accident which looped me back around and I wrapped it up by trying different dialogues options.

Perhaps it's like you said, it's just the narrative/art showcase and I judged it too prematurely without the sandbox/game mechanics.

I am happy to be wrong and corrected, just means there is another great game out there worth supporting! :)

I just throw in my 2 cents, about the "What if this character was a college student having finals anxiety and identity issues?" part you mentioned, you could probably project that to any member of the cast or even 90% of people IRL at the age, but it wouldn't be good dating sim material to have similar characters doing that. So it's like a precious weapon that can only be fired once, use it wisely since they will likely be a fan favorite. Eventually you will end up with whackier character traits to make them stay unique, kinda like what happens with the latter characters of RLE.

4.60 star(s) 152 Votes