RandomNumber

Aug 6, 2016
I'm not a fan of Spiderman, so i may be wrong of course

But aren't USM that fix?
If you haven't been reading the book and all you've heard of it is "It's the universe where Peter and MJ are actually married," then I regret to inform you the current Ultimate Universe is one of those alt-realities where everything is weird and different.

The only familiar thing is them being married. Uncle Ben is alive and is Jameson's partner as a newsman, the Earth has territories ruled by supervillains instead of recognizeable IRL countries, with The Maker (evil Reed Richards from the original Ultimate Universe) as their overboss, Tony Stark is Iron Lad, not yet a man, no mustache, the universe's native Reed has been forced to become Dr. Doom, et cetera.

Also I think Ultimate X-Men is about Japanese schoolgirls?

hoorrdoorr

May 13, 2024
If you haven't been reading the book and all you've heard of it is "It's the universe where Peter and MJ are actually married," then I regret to inform you the current Ultimate Universe is one of those alt-realities where everything is weird and different.
Nah, i read it. I meant that in USM Peter at last is happy and isn't haunted by failures on daily basis.
Sounds like a big improvement over 616 for me

RandomNumber

Aug 6, 2016
Nah, i read it. I meant that in USM Peter at last is happy and isn't haunted by failures on daily basis.
I don't care for multiverses, What Ifs, and Elseworlds, I just want there to be one canon that for once isn't tainted with the same problem all legacy media has of "Well it was good in the 20th century but now..."

ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
I don't care for multiverses, What Ifs, and Elseworlds, I just want there to be one canon that for once isn't tainted with the same problem all legacy media has of "Well it was good in the 20th century but now..."
Then you'll enjoy what we have planned.

We're not gonna lean into edge but we're also not gonna go for "modern audiences."

We know who our audience is and those are people who like X-Men: The Animated Series and the Claremont Era comics that inspired the show.

Outside of creative liberties and the stories having a more mid 2000s vibe our adaptations are going to be faithful.

The only exception being when a writer forced a character to do something completely out of left field.

Consistency in a character's behavior is one of our core mantras when it comes to writing and if something needs to happen for something important, we'll think of a way to get it done without having a character do or say something they have no explainable reason for doing so.

ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020

The only familiar thing is them being married. Uncle Ben is alive and is Jameson's partner as a newsman, the Earth has territories ruled by supervillains instead of recognizeable IRL countries, with The Maker (evil Reed Richards from the original Ultimate Universe) as their overboss, Tony Stark is Iron Lad, not yet a man, no mustache, the universe's native Reed has been forced to become Dr. Doom, et cetera.

Also I think Ultimate X-Men is about Japanese schoolgirls?
Guys seriously. I don't want the admins to crack down on you. Take the convo to the off topic thread in my signature or the discord.

Reactions: hoorrdoorr

hoorrdoorr

May 13, 2024
I'll try my best and stop off topic.
But i have few questions
1. Are you sure that Null is delta mutant (like said in abilities tab)?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
2. Will scholarship (from prologue) and archetypes play larger role in future or they exist just for flavor?
3. upd. I almost forgot. Will be there more bangers like main theme?

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 18, 2022
What's a delta mutant? I only heard about omegas.
"Delta Mutants don't have any significant flaws. The only problem is that Delta mutants don't have powers that match an Alpha mutant, or even a Beta or Gamma mutant. At least 50% of mutants are Delta mutants making them the most common type of mutant. Some examples of Delta mutants are Forge, Domino and Callisto."

Powers are basically always on and are passive I think

Reactions: leathermax

1y3uehsbqgs

Jul 2, 2023
Okay so I had a lot of spare time and decided to predict the entire trajectory and story of Null hypothesis. Warning, this is fucking long.

I do mind you though that I have not read the thread all that much nor have any idea of what people have been discussing on the discord. I am literally just pulling this out of my ass and I am fucking sure what I'll write will be utter garbage and dogshit but I have no one else to vent to. I mean, it's not like everyone plays games like this am i right? Plus, I'm not a die hard comic fan, just read and researched all this shit in an afternoon so bare with me I apologize.

For all I know, this is common knowledge already and I am just sadly wasting my time regurgitating this info it but fuck it, ill do it anyway even if all I say is garbage but I tried.

So My first prediction is that this entire game would be a loose but modern adaptation of the Claremont era of X-men only. Specifically all the way from the Dark Phoenix saga to the Muir Island Saga. Why? First off, from the beginning of the game, we learn two things. Null's powers were awakened somehow through Professor Amahl Farouk and that he has his eyes set on Null for some reason that we don't know as of yet.

Now if you look at the comics, the Muir Island Saga's main antagonist is the Shadow King, also known as Amahl Farouk who just so happens to be the first villain we see in the game. But who is that guy exactly? Well, from what I recall, Amahl Farouk was a powerful mutant who was possessed by the Shadow King who is the embodiment of evil consciousness. Think of Amahl as a puppet and the Shadow King as the mastermind.

In the comics, Charles Xavier, was basically able to separate the physical body of Amahl Farouk from the Shadow King causing the Shadow King himself to be trapped in the astral plane. However, in Null Hypothesis, I believe this is the same case but Amahl is trying to free the Shadow King from the astral plane in order to regain their full power and the only way to do that is through Null. Probably Amahl wants to slowly corrupt then mentor Null in order for him to use his powers to nullify Xavier's powers to free the Shadow King or for the Shadow King himself to fully commandeer Null's body so he could be the one to use the nullification powers too. Either way, I think Amahl want's Null because he can use his abilities to stop Xavier from trapping the Shadow King in the astral Plane.

Going back though, the Claremont era ends with the Shadow King and started off with the Dark Phoenix Saga.... and it just so happens that the next chapter of Null Hypothesis would be beginning the the Phoenix Saga. But you're right, just because it has a similar start and end doesn't mean they're adapting that only. The middle of the story could be completely fucking different but I'd argue otherwise.

With that said, this is my second prediction. The complete storyline of this game. I'm pretty sure that the game would at least have 5 chapters in total. 3 girls per chapter which would rightfully cap at 15 girls. Anything more would be way to ambitious and honestly, I'd even say 4 is the most realistic given its the most feasible dev time wise but I'm going for 5 since I think with what I have in mind, A five act structure would work the best. Anyway, here are the Chapters along with the girls who I think might appear:

My structuring for the girls btw is that we have at least two popular X-men and 1 relatively not so popular X-men but not obscure. In addition, at least 1 of the girls have to be older. Anyway...

Im tired, so I probably wrote dogshit but whatever, Just gonna explain why I chose these girls specifically. Besides them working for the story, we have archetypes. Rogue is the Goth girl, Laura is the Cool girl and Jean is the Preppy Girl. Given that I basically chose these characters cause they would have an interesting archetype.

I didn't bother with the last 3.

Anyway, peace out and imma jump off a cliff. Why the fuck did I write this.
All this furthers my own theory that Null may be David Haller AKA Legion

• Thinking Face
Reactions: KiwamiLorenzo

salscou

Apr 14, 2020
And Null's powers from the very beginning match Rogues powers
This isnt Rogue at her fullest though, at the moment her mutation owns her, not the other way around.
I hope the supprssion collars dont exist in TNH's timeline yet, or else i demand a future interaction where we get to call Rogue a stubborn bitch for not just putting one of them for a while during the day instead of mopping about all the damn time (or worse, pull a '97 Rogue, god dammit does that still make me mad).

Jun 18, 2022
All this furthers my own theory that Null may be David Haller AKA Legion
Shouldn't like Charles recognize his son is in his campus tho? and for that to work, null is gonna have to get DID at some point xD. Not opposed to the idea but I don't want our MC to be rocking this hair style

1729503769201.png

4.60 star(s) 167 Votes