Forced Sexual Scene

• All good no problem, keep going with the story

Votes: 2,338 70.7%
  • No, players should be allowed to skip sexual scenes (might cause to skip few details in the plot)

Votes: 288 8.7%
  • Don't mind but would be happier if I had the option to skip

Votes: 679 20.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Seanthiar

Jun 18, 2020
Can someone please help me with the "an exception has occurred" error in 0.3 on Android?
Just read the error and check it with a file explorer - "can not load image" is self explanatory - that's maybe the cause nobody answered. The pic does not exist or it is corrupt or not a format the program can understand.

Reactions: DamagedCoda

pleaseletme

Sep 6, 2020
Just read the error and check it with a file explorer - "can not load image" is self explanatory - that's maybe the cause nobody answered. The pic does not exist or it is corrupt or not a format the program can understand.
What am I supposed to check with the file explorer? And how do I fix it?

Seanthiar

Jun 18, 2020
Did you ever read the error messages you sent or did you just a stupid and lazy cut and paste without reading anything ? The people are not here to do your work with your system. Before you post an error you should have checked if the cause is not your system, a corrupt download, problems with the packed file etc. With this kind of problem only if there is a problem like the image does not exist in the packed file or the jpg uses another JPEG-codec than the other jpg's it is not an error for the developer. But in that case he needs that information to fix it.

The critical information "Could not load image 'images/version_0.2/41.jpg': error('JPEG loading error')" is in the first lines and how to fix something like that should be common sense. It's the same in Android like it's when you got a corrupt or missing file on a PC . In the worst case, secure your saves, delete the game and use a new fresh download for a new install. And when the file does not exist a dirty fix would be to copy another jpg and rename the copy to the needed name (in this case 41.jpg). It would be still not the right pic, but there would be no error message and you could continue...

pleaseletme

Sep 6, 2020
Did you ever read the error messages you sent or did you just a stupid and lazy cut and paste without reading anything ? The people are not here to do your work with your system. Before you post an error you should have checked if the cause is not your system, a corrupt download, problems with the packed file etc. With this kind of problem only if there is a problem like the image does not exist in the packed file or the jpg uses another JPEG-codec than the other jpg's it is not an error for the developer. But in that case he needs that information to fix it.

The critical information "Could not load image 'images/version_0.2/41.jpg': error('JPEG loading error')" is in the first lines and how to fix something like that should be common sense. It's the same in Android like it's when you got a corrupt or missing file on a PC . In the worst case, secure your saves, delete the game and use a new fresh download for a new install. And when the file does not exist a dirty fix would be to copy another jpg and rename the copy to the needed name (in this case 41.jpg). It would be still not the right pic, but there would be no error message and you could continue...
I'm not sure why you have to be so hostile. All I did was ask for help with something I'm not familiar with at all. If others are such experts then good for them. I'm not expecting people to "do my work", I just asked for some guidance.

I did try uninstalling and reinstalling, to no avail. What may be common sense for you may not be so for others.

Thank you for responding and providing some clarity, I'll try out what you suggested.

Seanthiar

Jun 18, 2020
pleaseletme It is common sense - An example for what you did would be if you just replace the message about the jpg with a message of your car system about a bad tire on your car - Common sense is to check if there is a tire that's flat, got enough pressure etc., fix it and/or change it. What you did is to ask the manufacturer of the car what you should do.

And when already tried to fix the error and that did not help - you should inform about that, because then dev does not have to test things you already did. Uninstalling and reinstalling maybe does not help by the way if you don't download a new installfile ( if possible, it would the better from another server) because the installfile could be corrupt.
Just a thing I remembered - when you check with a file explorer for the 41.jpg - Android is based on Linux and therefore case sensitive meaning 41.jpg <> 41.JPG. If that is the problem and renaming it helps please report it. There is a workaround for case sensitive problems, but I don't know if that is implemented as a standard in Ren'py or if a developer must implement it by themself. Windows is not case sensitive and there would be no error and because of that the dev maybe does not know.

Reactions: Manifold

Ranger9

May 25, 2020
Tried downloading 0.3 for Android and it gives me an error the first time I meet the boyfriend.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' 'images/version_0.2/41.jpg'>:
Exception: Could not load image 'images/version_0.2/41.jpg': error('JPEG loading error',)

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "script.rpyc", line 1206, in script
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 708, in execute
  File "renpy/exports.py", line 1345, in say
  File "renpy/character.py", line 1142, in __call__
  File "renpy/character.py", line 842, in do_display
  File "renpy/character.py", line 591, in display_say
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 297, in interact
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 2702, in interact
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3194, in interact_core
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 2094, in draw_screen
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 490, in renpy.display.render.render_screen (gen/renpy.display.render.c:6805)
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 259, in renpy.display.render.render (gen/renpy.display.render.c:3520)
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 722, in render
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 166, in renpy.display.render.render (gen/renpy.display.render.c:4075)
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 259, in renpy.display.render.render (gen/renpy.display.render.c:3520)
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 166, in renpy.display.render.render (gen/renpy.display.render.c:4075)
  File "accelerator.pyx", line 110, in renpy.display.accelerator.transform_render
  File "renpy/display/image.py", line 500, in render
  File "renpy/display/image.py", line 306, in wrap_render
  File "renpy/display/im.py", line 583, in render
  File "renpy/display/im.py", line 266, in get
  File "renpy/display/im.py", line 628, in load
  File "renpy/display/pgrender.py", line 162, in load_image
Exception: Could not load image 'images/version_0.2/41.jpg': error('JPEG loading error',)
Can someone help me please?
Im having exactly same error with pic 41

Sorrow85

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2020
Is it just for me or all your image uploads are broken? :unsure: I notice that before when you upload an image.
View attachment 892563
Oh man imgur...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

This site sometimes is pain in the ass.
In my country's forums, I have to remove the "s" letter from the "https" section to make the images shows up to other.

Here on f95, I have also used the Imgur, and no problems have been except that you mention it, but I would think that someone else would have "complained" of that also too if picture not show up :unsure:

Do you see the picture now?
(This is with https)

asplly97

Retired
Game Developer
Nov 9, 2018
Oh man imgur...

This site sometimes is pain in the ass.
In my country's forums, I have to remove the "s" letter from the "https" section to make the images shows up to other.

Here on f95, I have also used the Imgur, and no problems have been except that you mention it, but I would think that someone else would have "complained" of that also too if picture not show up :unsure:

Do you see the picture now?
(This is with https)
it's this site issue. For last 5-6 days i couldn't upload anything on this site and today it automatically worked. Definitely site issue.

Reactions: Sorrow85
4.00 star(s) 101 Votes