Tanzie

Mar 10, 2019
There's something definitely wrong about the order of events in this game. I wanted to give this game one last chance and downloaded 0.89.2. Tried to follow the enchantment list as well as the hints as close as possible even though it's nigh impossible most of the time.

Some of the issues I've run into:

- The enchantment list says "work with Polly in the morning after Doug's dinner" and so that's what I did but I've never gotten the chance to do the 3rd webcam session after that, ever. Something clearly is bugged about the events with Polly, this was my 4th time.

- The list says go right back home and masturbate on the couch or something but that is not possible because the existence of her foster brother at home prevents it. I'm not sure if she has enough spare nights do that before the foster brother arrives.

- One day while working in the warehouse helping Simon, she suddenly switched to the red skirt outfit out of the blue, even though she's never received it.

I'm sure the game has many similar issues which makes it impossible to progress.

The highest enchantment amount I was able to achieve so far is 84 and the last one was totally random and very obscure, I certainly wouldn't be able to find it unless the enchantment list hinted it.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

There's been a few instances in which I was able to continue with the game by simply rearranging the order of things such as changing the order of interactions with NPCs, otherwise I'd get stuck.

All in all, I think the author should set some additional boundaries in the game so that players do things in the order they're supposed to and won't skip important events without realizing that it would lead them to a dead end.

PiggleHumpsy

Sep 13, 2017
so if i dont get the option to go to the gym and am missing most the later on scenes does that mean i did something wrong and wont have that option later? i have up to "he's right behind me" and nothing more

steelmonkey76

Feb 4, 2021
Yes, you are correct; I missed out two follower images (Tonya and Tabitha) :FacePalm:. I am currently preparing v0.89.2 which includes these images. I should have it uploaded by the end of today.

If you want it resolved earlier than navigate to: game\images\faces and make copies of two files

"Tonya - Naked.png" -> make a copy of this file and rename it "Tonya.png"
"Receptionist.png" -> copy this and rename it "Tabitha.png"

sorry for the error, but thanks for pointing it out.
G'day, I downloaded the newest version anyway but you may have made a mistake adding me to this reply as I don't see a connection but since you are the person that may know the answer to my question! Do you know of a way to do it or why the renpy transparent text box mod won't work on it or if there is a way to make it work? Thanks.

michaelcros

Modder
Jul 22, 2020
G'day, I downloaded the newest version anyway but you may have made a mistake adding me to this reply as I don't see a connection but since you are the person that may know the answer to my question! Do you know of a way to do it or why the renpy transparent text box mod won't work on it or if there is a way to make it work? Thanks.
There are two styles of dialog boxes used in the game. The earlier scenes use a fairly standard set up of a static side image and text box. I would expect a text box mod would work with those.

The later scenes in the game use a more sophisticated set of animated side images and the text boxes are not the standard one but is constructed out of transparent overlays (you can tell which type you are looking at because, in the latest scenes, the character images will blink).

I wouldn't expect a standard mod will work with those; in fact the standard H to hide doesn't, as I haven't found how to detect this in Ren'Py, yet. What's the mod you're talking about, what platform are you using it on, and what does it do?

L7Bear

May 29, 2017
Found a couple of minor visual bugs/features in version 0.89.1

These occurred shortly after meeting Morgan for the first time somewhere around Enchantment 50-54.

A minor bug in version 0.89.2

Last edited:

steelmonkey76

Feb 4, 2021
There are two styles of dialog boxes used in the game. The earlier scenes use a fairly standard set up of a static side image and text box. I would expect a text box mod would work with those.

The later scenes in the game use a more sophisticated set of animated side images and the text boxes are not the standard one but is constructed out of transparent overlays (you can tell which type you are looking at because, in the latest scenes, the character images will blink).

I wouldn't expect a standard mod will work with those; in fact the standard H to hide doesn't, as I haven't found how to detect this in Ren'Py, yet. What's the mod you're talking about, what platform are you using it on, and what does it do?
Thanks for the reply and I'm just looking at the game now and skipping through scenes to if I can notice the two text boxes you mention because I wasn't sure what you meant but I think I do now. To me the text boxes all look the same except that sometimes it has side images and sometimes it doesn't. When I start from the beginning she is getting up in the morning and each time there is the white text the background is shaded darker (textbox) but there is no side image so now I skip past to get to work and she is greeted by Paul but now with the white text and darker shaded background (textbox) the side images are there but to me the darker shaded text area looks the same with or without the side images, that's the best I can describe that. As for Platform I guess you'd say 3 which is Android ports or Android Using PC version via Joi-Play or my Desktop PC and the mod I use for all of them is 'Ren'Py Transparent Text Box Mod V2.6.3' and if you type that in F95 search it'll bring it up, oh there's three versions but the newest works for me 99% of the time but there are two others for the other 1%. When using it for PC and Joi-Play on Android you paste it in the game folder of a Ren'Py game and 99% of the it removes any text boxes like the stupid white one's that get used for whatever reason or the black one's or the shaded one's in your mod, pretty much any text box variation gets removed so it's just text over the main image and when using it with an Android ported game there's one of two ways to make it work because some ports made by people like DarkAssassin, Blackeye, Wills747, KoGa3 and more have the game folder easy accessible in the internal memory so just copy and paste in the game folder like PC with a 99% chance it works but then some other Android ports if the game folder is easy access like them they are put in the Android/Data folder and that's where you need a file manager to view the any folders in the data folder. Using file manager copy the game folder with the Ren'Py mod go to Android/data folder, locate the particular games folder you want, when opening it you'll get asked to allow/autho using it so press ok or similar, then you will see a folder named file so open that in the same allow/autho manner, inside there is where you paste the game folder with the mod then close out and 99% chance any text box is gone (FYI the actual Ren'Py mod file name is usually y_outline.rpy and that needs to be in a folder named game within the folder named file to work) That's what I do with any Ren'Py game that doesn't have a text box shader option and that's where the % scale comes into play. Shit that's long, Sorry I went detailed. Anyway thanks again for Ren'Py version! Personally, I bloody hate RPGM.

StarGlider

Mar 8, 2018
Looks like the bugs (and then some) have carried over to this conversion, so I'll pass for now.
Shame, I hope they get fixed, as the creator of this conversion seems passionate about it, and I hope he does well, same goes for the original game and it's creator.
10 out of 10 for the game, just marred by bugs which let's it down.

I will be keeping an eye out on this thread though, that's how much I appreciate the effort :)
Ok, I was wrong, managed to complete to end of game content, and it's the 1st time I've done that over the original RPGM game.

A big thank you to this michaelcros.

The only scene I never got on the playthrough though was the modelling one outside, where she gets chased by the cops, which stopped the scenes with the guy outside with the dog blackmailing her for cigarettes :)

michaelcros

Modder
Jul 22, 2020
Found a couple of minor visual bugs/features in version 0.89.1

These occurred shortly after meeting Morgan for the first time somewhere around Enchantment 50-54.

Thanks for these. I can't do much about the RPGM background as it's baked into the animation (there's another one like that in the abandoned subway). For the other one, getting the basement images correct has been a bugbear from day one! That map is tough to handle properly as it is actually 6 distinct locations:

- The gym
- The lockers
- Zack's desk
- The server room
- The void
- Angelo''s storage room

don't suppose you have a save near the problem you can DM me?

puffmutter

Aug 29, 2019
There is a game braking bug if I go to Dixon and wear the pink dress to place the flyers with him.
After placing the flyers on the wall I talk to the prostitutes. After this I should go to Knockers and place the flyers on the bar.
Finally I should go to Dixon's store and if I want to go there I get the message "It's too late to go here right now.".
Because of the dress I can also not go home. :(

Because this does not work (I fear) I cannot go on with the story.

L7Bear

May 29, 2017
Thanks for these. I can't do much about the RPGM background as it's baked into the animation (there's another one like that in the abandoned subway). For the other one, getting the basement images correct has been a bugbear from day one! That map is tough to handle properly as it is actually 6 distinct locations:

- The gym
- The lockers
- Zack's desk
- The server room
- The void
- Angelo''s storage room

don't suppose you have a save near the problem you can DM me?
See attached save.

Also: A minor bug in version 0.89.2

Reactions: michaelcros
Dec 30, 2017
im on day 95 and 85 enchantment. im stuck doing the same thing for 2 days already. What do guys i need to do?

restarting with the 86 enchantment (the day is 75th something) and i got a scene where donnie soloed her in the bedroom which i didnt got on my original gameplay . im lost :(

Reactions: nohoney

L7Bear

May 29, 2017
There is a game braking bug if I go to Dixon and wear the pink dress to place the flyers with him.
After placing the flyers on the wall I talk to the prostitutes. After this I should go to Knockers and place the flyers on the bar.
Finally I should go to Dixon's store and if I want to go there I get the message "It's too late to go here right now.".
Because of the dress I can also not go home. :(

Because this does not work (I fear) I cannot go on with the story.
Do you have a save?
I'm attaching my save from that point. That quest seems to work fine for me.
There are two "events" in Knockers. I would guess that you need to go back into Knockers and "go to the bar".
screenshot0003.png

Reactions: puffmutter

Ruckus117

Oct 6, 2022
Do you have a save?
I'm attaching my save from that point. That quest seems to work fine for me.
There are two "events" in Knockers. I would guess that you need to go back into Knockers and "go to the bar".
View attachment 2744440
I had the same issue. I was trying to do the event later in the story, around Enchantment 44, instead of the 33 from your save. During your save, she was driving the car. When trying to do it later, she is taking the subway. The order of events can be tricky in this game. Without a strict order, this type of issue can occur.

4.50 star(s) 17 Votes