• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Other Woman [Ch. 2 v0.3.0] [Arath Sin]

3.80 star(s) 5 Votes

eightypercent

Apr 2, 2020
I really like this VN, even at this early stage... except in the intro where our [wonderful] MC declares herself "but I would qualify as skinny". But getting to the more important parts, this VN has the potential to show so many dark and inglorious facets of the human mind, soul and sexual urges. Where will this lead our MC? Will it be the end of her? Will it break her? Or will it make her triumph over all? And I think this would make an excellent basis for the [hopefully future] choices that the player can take to forge the story of their choosing. Love the enchanting music [it sort of reminds me of the atmosphere generated in ME2], love the premise of a seemingly self-effacing heroine, love the idea of self corruption and her sort of passive-aggressive submission to her own needs. I think her boss could have a very interesting role to play. Great stuff!

EDIT: <damn> missed the KN tag... it will still be great. Looking for ward immensely to the next instalment.

HandofVecna

Sep 4, 2018
You should read this novel. It's solid.

Nice update. The visuals are great. Its well written. Relative to most games/novels(?) on here this is top 20%. You've just got to accept you are along for the ride and not a participant. It is frustrating a bit b/c I've no interest in Blake but you are railroaded down that path. Which is fine if you like Blake but if not it can be, well...frustrating. I do look forward to more and hope it will hit a groove for me at some point. This project might be the Dev getting their feet wet and over time we might really see either at the tail end of this one or the next project something amazing. This one still has a lot of potential you just have to accept the limitations.

Last edited:

Deleted member 1482745

Game Developer
Jun 23, 2019
Hey guys, so just to clear a few things up.

Background

I'm doing this project for me. While I really enjoy a good deal of the projects here on F95, I wanted something different.

I downloaded by first VN from Itch 18 months ago (shout out to Midnight Ride) and after tearing it apart and trying to find ways to customize it, I eventually found that Ren'py games were much easier to edit.

I started following projects on Patreon, like The Awakening and discovered that a lot of the 3D games were using tools like Poser and Daz Studios. I ended up buying a copy of Poser while also toying around with Daz, and found that I didn't like the rendering performance or output from Poser. I ended up spending hundreds of dollars ($952.10 USD so far) on Daz assets and models, clothing packs, etc, orignally with the intent of just making images and scenes for myself.

I spent a lot of time hacking in Love & Sex: Second Base, adding custom scenes with existing assets, changing all of the character names, changing dialogue (and trying to fix the unfinished female MC path) and essentially cheating to reach the content since I wasn't really into spending hours and going through walkthroughs just to reach the good stuff and get my fap on. While there's a lot of fantastic sandbox games, like Summertime Saga, the idea of 'waiting for a week' for an event, or making a choice which ends up skipping content or limiting the content I can see, doesn't really appeal to me.

The Story

I did not write the story. The About page in the app has the original author and a link to the story as it was originally published.

I'm a programmer/devops engineer by day, not a writer. The Other Woman has the codename D14, because it's the 14th project I've started on. D13 was looking good but the characters had no depth. I really enjoyed s_katie's story and wanted to try converting it into VN format, so the end result is my interpretation of her story. I did reach out to the original author, but the story was written back in 2014 and I didn't get a response, so I'm treating it like a 'reverse-fanfiction'.

The Project

The story is kinetic, and made up of 13 Chapters. So far, only the first two chapters have been converted. Each scene takes me anywhere from 1 to 3 hours to complete. I'm trying to produce highly detailed renders, without fingers and clothing clipping all over the place, which means a lot of time posing individual finger bones, running dforce cloth simulations, and adjusting camera angles.

And then I spend 30 minutes rendering the scene only to notice I missed something, and have to adjust it and start over (like a characters eyes not pointing at who they're talking to). Sometimes I'll fix issues in Photoshop afterwards rather than mess with dforce or smoothing when a leg pose causes stockings to clip for example.

Choices

Because it takes me so long for each scene, the idea of spending 20-30 hours on a sequence that's skippable isn't really on my radar at the moment. I could take shortcuts, use sprites, re-use scenes, but it's not really the level of detail I'm trying to achieve.

I do have some ideas around optional content, but it's not the Choose Your Own Adventure style of gameplay a lot of you are asking for. It's more along the lines of hiding objects in a scene that when clicked, spawn a 'what-if/fantasy' sequence. For example, in the Chapter 2 scene where Kaitlin is getting her vajayjay waxed there'd be a vibrator on the desk in the background which leads to a lesbian sequence with the Beautician. Or something on the bar in Chapter 2 which leads to a steamy encounter in the bathroom, but it doesn't affect the story. At the end of the night, she's still going up to Blake's room.

Summary

I like the story of Kaitlin and Blake, and I enjoy spending time illustrating it. There's still a lot of the story to tell (if you really want spoilers, you can go read the original).

The result is free and will always be free, despite the amount of money on assets and the time I'm putting into it. It's not crowdfunded, I don't have or plan to have a Patreon, and to date I've gotten a $2 donation on Itch and that's fine.

I'm still also playing and enjoying the other styles of games on Itch and F95, and I throw them support where I can, but this is my personalized project and I don't have plans to make it more gamified.

I realize it's not everyone's cup of tea, and that's fine. I enjoy it (rendering the last dozen or so scenes in Chapter 2 was rough, had to take several 'breaks' in between), and I've shared it with others on the off chance others enjoy it too.

Anyways, I hope at least some of you enjoy the story and are excited to see where it's heading.

Last edited:

Deleted member 1482745

Game Developer
Jun 23, 2019
It is frustrating a bit b/c I've no interest in Blake but you are railroaded down that path. Which is fine if you like Blake but if not it can be, well...frustrating.
I do think Blake has some redeeming qualities, and why he's dating Desiree is revealed down the road, but yes in the first few chapters it does seem like a one-sided relationship.

Reactions: HandofVecna

JagHond

Mar 18, 2019
Dear Arah,

thanks for the huge explainations you were so kind to gave about your work, also in your previous posts, and its method, in particular, with your last one.

So I'm eased to address my (humble!) opinion about as follows:
Anyways, I hope at least some of you enjoy the story and are excited to see where it's heading.
you can count me well among those ones.

Well done! And please keep on the high level showed until know - that's the hard part, as you sure already know well after all due to your experience.

Good luck and my best wishes for all.

Regis NEX

Feb 19, 2019
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Damn, i mean less work all in all, but dedication is there. I applaud you sir. I appreciate what you bring to the community.

eightypercent

Apr 2, 2020
if there is anything boring in sex it is the lesbian. there is no better sex than a handsome man with a beautiful girl.
Dear Mr Subjective, or should I just call you sub? We cannot allow such ignorance to go unpunished. Think about your favourite foods. My favourite foods are probably different to yours, but does that mean one of us is wrong or can we not deduce that different strokes for different folks is where we are at? I think the most boring sex would be the ones that involved people without much imagination; and your post reeks of it!

sarblin

Jan 6, 2019
The renders were great, but the story wasn't my thing.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Very personal view though and maybe a bit too harsh this early. I'm guessing the story is also a bit more oriented to a female audience. It being based on an erotic story makes sense in that aspect. And again, great renders.

Jun 1, 2017
Yes. There wasn't enough interest in a kinetic novel. I've started working on something new that's not kinetic, male and female protag, multiple endings, but I don't have a set schedule or ETA.

https://f95zone.to/threads/daz3d-art-show-us-your-dazskill.4764/post-4800383
Pitty, i liked this game so far and realy i waited for a new update, but now my hope is down. I dont get from where you take this is not enough interest in kinetic novel, i see here some kinetic novel what make a realy big interest, but probaby is only my opinion and probably minoritar one so god luck with your new project and try to make it better how you make this game , or more better.Cheers.

Reactions: leg28

stayclassy858

Apr 14, 2019
Reactions: thunderkiss321

stahalle

Engaged Member
Jul 11, 2018
I'm doing this project for me. While I really enjoy a good deal of the projects here on F95, I wanted something different.
Yes. There wasn't enough interest in a kinetic novel. I've started working on something new that's not kinetic, male and female protag, multiple endings, but I don't have a set schedule or ETA.
hmmm..... really sad. i just read your long post. after reading it i wanted to say that its great there is someone who put already existing storys into a vn. there are so many good storys out there. but i see you gone from doing stuff for yourself to doing it for what other like. i dont want to offend you, just my opinion. your work is really great. already put your new project on my watchlist.

Deleted member 1482745

Game Developer
Jun 23, 2019
but i see you gone from doing stuff for yourself to doing it for what other like.
I wouldn't say that. Phuc Mi Island was born out of my love for games like The Adventurous Couple, but I wanted to make something that's a little more dynamic, less of a fuck fest, with equal opportunities for both the male and female protags to get it on. I also really liked the premise of Deserted Island Dreams and even spent some time trying to fix the dialogue and denoise the renders but eventually just decided to write my own story.

Personally, every path in PMI is going to be one I'll enjoy (other than the no one cheats path, which ends with the MC dying of boredom).

stahalle

Engaged Member
Jul 11, 2018
I wouldn't say that. Phuc Mi Island was born out of my love for games like The Adventurous Couple, but I wanted to make something that's a little more dynamic, less of a fuck fest, with equal opportunities for both the male and female protags to get it on. I also really liked the premise of Deserted Island Dreams and even spent some time trying to fix the dialogue and denoise the renders but eventually just decided to write my own story.

Personally, every path in PMI is going to be one I'll enjoy (other than the no one cheats path, which ends with the MC dying of boredom).
i see. it just sounded like you abonded this project to please other because you said it dosent get enough attention and because you said you do this for youself. but enough of this. just two question for your new game. 1. is it posible to let the mmc stay faithful and let the fmc have her fun behind his back? im a fan of cheating games like that. And 2. is it possible for the fmc to go after the girls?

3.80 star(s) 5 Votes