ThL

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 9, 2018
Guys, I have this problem when I installed the patch from 0.9a to 0.10b. Please help.

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

Before loading the script.
ValueError: unsupported pickle protocol: 5

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 326, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "renpy/main.py", line 382, in main
renpy.loader.index_archives()
File "renpy/loader.py", line 244, in index_archives
index = handler.read_index(f)
File "renpy/loader.py", line 129, in read_index
index = loads(zlib.decompress(infile.read()))

Windows-10-10.0.22000
Ren'Py 7.4.4.1439

Tue Dec 6 23:40:55 2022
reported to the dev

ThL

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 9, 2018
Guys, I have this problem when I installed the patch from 0.9a to 0.10b. Please help.

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

Before loading the script.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 326, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "renpy/main.py", line 382, in main
renpy.loader.index_archives()
File "renpy/loader.py", line 244, in index_archives
index = handler.read_index(f)
File "renpy/loader.py", line 129, in read_index
index = loads(zlib.decompress(infile.read()))

Windows-10-10.0.22000
Ren'Py 7.4.4.1439

Tue Dec 6 23:40:55 2022
your renpy version is not correct
best solution is to download the latest complete version of the game

Airell

Developer of Love and Corruption
Game Developer
Aug 18, 2017
Hmm, tasting a friend's girlfriend is an interesting topic for a VN. I played the intro and I liked it, no threesome, no anal, no spanking. But oddly enough, the rest of the game is boring as hell.
If this was just an adventure with a couple of friends to go camping with different endings and all, that would be pretty cool, but... Ugh, c'mon, I don't feel like I'm ever going to play this VN again.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Hmm, tasting a friend's girlfriend is an interesting topic for a VN. I played the intro and I liked it, no threesome, no anal, no spanking. But oddly enough, the rest of the game is boring as hell.
If this was just an adventure with a couple of friends to go camping with different endings and all, that would be pretty cool, but... Ugh, c'mon, I don't feel like I'm ever going to play this VN again.
Ironically, half of posts here in this thread are dudes claiming that they totally hated the intro and that they just dropped the game without even moving on to the first chapter because of it.

The other half of posts are people asking about the bear in the forest maze.

:devilish:

kokos94

Aug 31, 2022
Ironically, half of posts here in this thread are dudes claiming that they totally hated the intro and that they just dropped the game without even moving on to the first chapter because of it.

The other half of posts are people asking about the bear in the forest maze.

:devilish:
well i did not get thrue downloading game cause saw two dick in LIs hands in owerview pictures what is not avoidable from what ppl writed :D

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
well i did not get thrue downloading game cause saw two dick in LIs hands in owerview pictures what is not avoidable from what ppl writed :D
Man, you dudes gotta get a grip on yourselves. First of all, it happens in the game prologue; secondly, the other dude is her longtime boyfriend: he's sharing her with MC.

I really can't understand what's your damn problem with occasionally random sharing scenes, mostly when the male MC is the "third person" and he/she not the one who's sharing his/her partner.

kokos94

Aug 31, 2022
Man, you dudes gotta get a grip on yourselves. First of all, it happens in the game prologue; secondly, the other dude is her longtime boyfriend: he's sharing her with MC.

I really can't understand what's your damn problem with occasionally random sharing scenes, mostly when the male MC is the "third person" and he/she not the one who's sharing his/her partner.
cause i am greedy bastard.....

Stan5851

Engaged Member
Oct 18, 2019
cause i am greedy bastard.....
In fact, after the prologue, you won't meet any men and all the girls will, one way or another, belong only to you. But the main problem with this game is not even the sandbox (that's bearable), but the way the current version of the game has ended. It's a perfect example of when the author didn't think through the concept and plot of his game beforehand, and ten updates later it suddenly dawns on him that he took a wrong turn and has to break and build all over again.

kokos94

Aug 31, 2022
In fact, after the prologue, you won't meet any men and all the girls will, one way or another, belong only to you. But the main problem with this game is not even the sandbox (that's bearable), but the way the current version of the game has ended. It's a perfect example of when the author didn't think through the concept and plot of his game beforehand, and ten updates later it suddenly dawns on him that he took a wrong turn and has to break and build all over again.
well problem is that i would need to go thrue prologue and that is little tricky thingy....

Reactions: Osamabeenfappin

Stan5851

Engaged Member
Oct 18, 2019
well problem is that i would need to go thrue prologue and that is little tricky thingy....
Alternatively, you can use the "Skip" option in the game settings, (except for the choices in the dialogues), and then use fast-forward (Ctrl key) to avoid playing content you're not interested in.

Reactions: Nulldev

GentleMaster

Oct 26, 2019
It's been a while since I started a new playthrough of The Patriarch, but if I remember correctly this is only part of the prologue. And, if memory serves, when you start a new game, you are asked if you want to skip the prologue. So I believe it is avoidable in that sense.

It will still have happened in the story, though. So, I can imagine that could still bother you. But you do have the option of not actually witnessing/watching it.

Just wanted to point out that it can be skipped, at least visually. In case that was all that was holding you back from trying the game.

The game certainly has its ups-and-downs and can at times be quite a grind if you're not into those management-type of games. For me personally though, Abigail (the redheaded girl) absolutely makes it worth putting time and effort into this game and working through all the bits I consider grindy.

Reactions: kokos94

laxuss

Jul 19, 2019
wait i just got stuck in a game over loop i think
So you just get instantly "game over" when you look for mothers implements!?!??!
wtf
no matter what arrow i select it game overs

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
wait i just got stuck in a game over loop i think
So you just get instantly "game over" when you look for mothers implements!?!??!
wtf
no matter what arrow i select it game overs
I have no idea of what these "mothers implements" you are referring to are. If you don't complete all your daily tasks = game over.

RetiredMember

May 29, 2017
I find it hilarious that you can find the tag "female domination" in a game titled "The Patriarch". Maybe, you should rewrite the title to "The Matriarch" or "The Simp Patriarch" :unsure::unsure::rolleyes::rolleyes:

3.70 star(s) 43 Votes